• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

<Marius listens intently and even the holoduck's new swimwear isn't enough to distract him. Hearing about being included in group of preferred 'several individuals' causes him to nearly lose his balance in the still water. He sits next to her in the shallow water, still wearing the top half of his tuxedo.>

"I'd say that's an excellent definition of love." <He answers, still processing her explanation.> "The physical part is really just one way to express it. But why me? I'm just your average dorky duck," <he asked with a shy smile while adjusting his glasses, then jokingly added> "Is it he crest? I'm told hens dig the crest."

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Oh that's fine, we can go anywhere you'd like in this place, if you'd prefer more quiet peaceful surroundings. As for not believing you, I deal regularly with multidimensional beings, and the entire cosmos is my playground as I rip holes into the fabric of space with a thought. <he leans in closer dramatically> I even know that somewhere here there is a human being (@SinglePringle ) that is from a place with no animals that talk at all...what a weird place! <laughs>

So odds are, I'll believe anything you say. <giggle>

Well maybe he thinks this is a rather strange place? No humans? How peculiar! <Anamaria laughs with Mambi.> How about someplace with a view of the night sky? I always feel most at home under the stars. <The vixen heads in the direction of the observatory, motioning for Mambi to follow.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
is this an rp entirely just in a furaffinity forum? sorry i really need context but all these messages are so long
(yes it is totally in this message thread. Basically, I set up a surreal party with technology and magic and fun and invited anyone. Big rave going on, huge snacks in other rooms, vast aquariums, observatories, holograms, etc, completely interactive. Red button summons the AI or I or others are flirting about. Help any? <lol>)

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius listens intently and even the holoduck's new swimwear isn't enough to distract him. Hearing about being included in group of preferred 'several individuals' causes him to nearly lose his balance in the still water. He sits next to her in the shallow water, still wearing the top half of his tuxedo.>

"I'd say that's an excellent definition of love." <He answers, still processing her explanation.> "The physical part is really just one way to express it. But why me? I'm just your average dorky duck," <he asked with a shy smile while adjusting his glasses, then jokingly added> "Is it he crest? I'm told hens dig the crest."

<she explains deadpan but politely as usual> In comparison to 1384 other potential guest interactions, you rate far above most others, highest in qualities of intelligence, insights, temperament, and humour...which are all traits that I find both beneficial and enjoyable to be exposed to. I believe you are in error though, as you are clearly above average in several factors both physically and mentally by comparison and thus not an "average" dorky duck.

Reference word "dorky", database shows related to "unattractive" or "inept/awkward"? This does seem to apply as your appearance and mannerisms are quite satisfactory, however to me physicality is completely irrelevant. My true form is much different than my primary default avatar is designed after, and I can alter or replecate my avatar at any time, as you are obviously aware.

<she tilts her head> Query: Your crest is ascetically pleasing, but why would others with to retrieve it from the ground? Is it not a natural growth?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Well maybe he thinks this is a rather strange place? No humans? How peculiar! <Anamaria laughs with Mambi.> How about someplace with a view of the night sky? I always feel most at home under the stars. <The vixen heads in the direction of the observatory, motioning for Mambi to follow.>

<as we enter the observatory, you see most of the guests have left with only a few sitting silently studying or active on the VR headset telescope. I lead you up a set of stairs and as we open a door, the sounds from the party below fade as we emerge on a balcony overlooking the night sky, the telescope whirring almost soundlessly behind us. He sits against the wall and stretches out, as the stars twinkle above us and the moon just peeks over the horizon>

There, much more relaxing, don't you think? <he smiles as he takes a deep breath, enjoying the smell of the nighttime air...>

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<as we enter the observatory, you see most of the guests have left with only a few sitting silently studying or active on the VR headset telescope. I lead you up a set of stairs and as we open a door, the sounds from the party below fade as we emerge on a balcony overlooking the night sky, the telescope whirring almost soundlessly behind us. He sits against the wall and stretches out, as the stars twinkle above us and the moon just peeks over the horizon>

There, much more relaxing, don't you think? <he smiles as he takes a deep breath, enjoying the smell of the nighttime air...>

<Anamaria leans on a banister and looks at the sky.> Beautiful isn't it? It is one of my best works. The moon, the stars. I am very proud of them. I should explain...

I got in without any noticiblbe signatures because I was created here. I am an avatar... at least in body. I was drawn here by all of the portals opening up. That kind of stuff warps reality and it is my job to maintain it. Not you have done anything wrong, it is just I need to be here make sure nothing goes wrong with reality.

I am here through an avatar body because my full presence would just accelerate the degradation of the multiverse I am here to prevent. <Anamaria sighs.> That said, I really enjoyed the dance.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria leans on a banister and looks at the sky.> Beautiful isn't it? It is one of my best works. The moon, the stars. I am very proud of them. I should explain...

I got in without any noticiblbe signatures because I was created here. I am an avatar... at least in body. I was drawn here by all of the portals opening up. That kind of stuff warps reality and it is my job to maintain it. Not you have done anything wrong, it is just I need to be here make sure nothing goes wrong with reality.

I am here through an avatar body because my full presence would just accelerate the degradation of the multiverse I am here to prevent. <Anamaria sighs.> That said, I really enjoyed the dance.

Ahhh, that explains it...Aurora's sensors are looking for particles while yours are not.Hmmm, I've had my portal abilities for thousands of years now and nobody seemed to mind. As for preserving reality...well in this place I can't guarentee anything as reality is semi-fluid at times, but I promise to try and keep any damage to at least one plane of existence, ok? <he extends his paw in handshake> Feel free to snoop around, I have nothing to hide...

<he examines your avatar body closely, sniffing slightly and whiskers twitching> Amazing technology though, you appear to have all the senses in this form, you ven emit a scent, and the dance certainly felt right. You should talk to Aurora sometime on the details, she'd probably be interested in how to be solid but avatar. Sub-quantum harmonics as a base template, or something else? Fascinating craftsmanship...

<ahem> So if you fully materialized here we're toast? Ok, I can understand that, basically "You're not all here, because you're not all there"? <he laughs playfully> Well I for one am glad you ARE here, as the dance was quite wonderful, thank you. <he smiles and bows gallantly>

<she explains deadpan but politely as usual> In comparison to 1384 other potential guest interactions, you rate far above most others, highest in qualities of intelligence, insights, temperament, and humour...which are all traits that I find both beneficial and enjoyable to be exposed to. I believe you are in error though, as you are clearly above average in several factors both physically and mentally by comparison and thus not an "average" dorky duck.

Reference word "dorky", database shows related to "unattractive" or "inept/awkward"? This does seem to apply as your appearance and mannerisms are quite satisfactory, however to me physicality is completely irrelevant. My true form is much different than my primary default avatar is designed after, and I can alter or replecate my avatar at any time, as you are obviously aware.

<she tilts her head> Query: Your crest is ascetically pleasing, but why would others with to retrieve it from the ground? Is it not a natural growth?

<Smiling> "Uh, 'dig' as in slang for 'appreciate'. I wouldn't say, 'unattractive', but 'awkward' sounds accurate." <He responds with a shrug.>

"It's just a lot of species of ducks have a patch of feathers on the wings called the speculum. They might be flashy iridescent greens, blues, or purples." <Marius examines his own wing/arms> "Mine are...black and white. <He sounds disappointed at first but then perks up.> "But look at you, all glow-y and pretty everywhe-" <catching his perceived awkwardness, he cuts himself off and clears his throat, blushing again.>

"..um, if you don't mind me asking, what is your true form?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Smiling> "Uh, 'dig' as in slang for 'appreciate'. I wouldn't say, 'unattractive', but 'awkward' sounds accurate." <He responds with a shrug.>
AH, I understand my error, and am sorry if I was "dorky". I apologize for the confusion, but your skill at dancing shows you are not awkward at all. You appeared quite coordinated, an opinion externally validated by the fact you won.
"It's just a lot of species of ducks have a patch of feathers on the wings called the speculum. They might be flashy iridescent greens, blues, or purples." <Marius examines his own wing/arms> "Mine are...black and white. <He sounds disappointed at first but then perks up.> "But look at you, all glow-y and pretty everywhe-" <catching his perceived awkwardness, he cuts himself off and clears his throat, blushing again.>

"..um, if you don't mind me asking, what is your true form?"

<she grins and waves her feathered hand, as a display screen shimmers into view, and floats in the air hovering above the edge of the water> I do not mind at all...

Just as "you" are your mind, and your feathered form is your body, this in total constitutes "you".

For me, my body could be considered this entire structure as my essence runs in a quantum state through all systems and sub-junctions of this structure through 497 quadrillion nanowires and poly-dimensional energy-matter shunts. Through these, I can project an avatar in any form or quantity as required, and utilize the particle and energy sensors to be aware of all that is within me, with all input being coordinated through specialized sub-processors.

However the essence of my mind...what makes me, "me"...is located inside of this:
<the screen flashes to life, as you see a large solid brilliant-silver box suspended in a red glowing light, with large cables protruding from every square inch of it's surface, in a room surrounded by displays and dials and blinking lights of various colours. She turns and explains> This is my protective shell and primary interface, located in this structure's sub-basement and held in an anti-gravity field. It is a neutronuim shell 5 meters thick, to protect both myself from damage and to protect any lifeform from extreme radiation cellular damage. Inside that casing is the essence of "me".

<the virtual "camera" moves closer to the box, passing through it and emerging out the other side of the wall. As it stops, you now see an amorphous glowing blue ball spinning rapidly in place, flashing with brilliant green and yellow sparks of energy dancing across it's surface randomly. You see the entire area around it crackling with lightning as the chaos causes an odd serenity and order, the pulses flickering and dancing across the ball in odd patterns>

This is my "mind"...the structure upon which imprinting was performed. This houses my primary processing unit, primary core program, and main neural interface,, and since this is what makes me, "me", this could be considered my true form. Do you believe that I am "dorky"? <the holoduck smiles as you examine the display>.

Last edited:
AH, I understand my error. I apologize for the confusion, but your skill at dancing shows you are not awkward at all. You appeared quite coordinated, an opinion externally validated by the fact you won.

"WE won," <He gently corrected her with a smile.>

<she smiles and waves her paw, as a display screen shimmers into view, and floats in the air hovering above the edge of the water> I do not mind at all...

Just as "you" are your mind, and your feathered form is your body, this in total constitutes "you".

For me, my body could be considered this entire structure as my essence runs in a quantum state through all systems and sub-junctions of this structure through 497 quadrillion nanowires and poly-dimensional energy-matter shunts. Through these, I can project an avatar in any form or quantity as required, and utilize the particle and energy sensors to be aware of all that is within me, with all input being coordinated through specialized sub-processors.

However the essence of my mind...what makes me, "me"...is located inside of this:
<the screen flashes to life, as you see a large solid brilliant-silver box suspended in a red glowing light, with large cables protruding from every square inch of it's surface, in a room surrounded by displays and dials and blinking lights of various colours. She turns and explains> This is my protective shell and primary interface, located in this structure's sub-basement. It is a neutronuim shell 5 meters thick, to protect both myself from damage and to protect any lifeform from extreme radiation cellular damage. Inside that casing is the essence of "me".

<the virtual "camera" moves closer to the box, passing through it and emerging out the other side of the wall. As it stops, you now see an amorphous glowing blue ball spinning rapidly in place, flashing with brilliant green and yellow sparks of energy dancing across it's surface randomly. You see the entire area around it crackling with lightning as the chaos causes an odd serenity and order, the pulses flickering and dancing across the ball in odd patterns>

This is my "mind"...the structure upon which imprinting was performed. This houses my primary processing unit, primary core program, and main neural interface,, and since this is what makes me, "me", this could be considered my true form. Am I "dorky"? <she smiles as you examine the display>.

<Marius watches the display with pupils fully dilated, entranced by the shiny lights and colors.>
"It's a like whole new plane of existence, and there is nothing dorky about you. It's humbling to imagine someone of such...complexity would hold a duck in any esteem. <Feeling self conscious again, he hugs his knees to his chest and rests his chin on them. Then he looks back to the holoduck.> "But I'm glad you do."

"Since you mentioned your avatar, I noticed the others have all been rabbits. Is that your favorite?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius watches the display with pupils fully dilated, entranced by the shiny lights and colors.>
"It's a like whole new plane of existence, and there is nothing dorky about you. It's humbling to imagine someone of such...complexity would hold a duck in any esteem. <Feeling self conscious again, he hugs his knees to his chest and rests his chin on them. Then he looks back to the holoduck.> "But I'm glad you do."

"Since you mentioned your avatar, I noticed the others have all been rabbits. Is that your favorite?"

<she smiles wide and mimes clapping in the water as the display shimmers and vanishes, not affecting the water at all as she passes through it> I am glad you approve of what you could call my physical form. My avatar was programmed as default during my creation and is modelled after an idealized aged version of my creator's deceased biological offspring. I find it pleasing as to most others I have interacted with, but when requested I can alter it to any required preferences for customization easily, like I have done for you. But you are correct...internal visualization of mental self defaults to the rabbit image you see as per core programming.

Query: Do you self-visualize as to what I observe?

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Ahhh, that explains it...Aurora's sensors are looking for particles while yours are not.Hmmm, I've had my portal abilities for thousands of years now and nobody seemed to mind. As for preserving reality...well in this place I can't guarentee anything as reality is semi-fluid at times, but I promise to try and keep any damage to at least one plane of existence, ok? <he extends his paw in handshake> Feel free to snoop around, I have nothing to hide...

<he examines your avatar body closely, sniffing slightly and whiskers twitching> Amazing technology though, you appear to have all the senses in this form, you ven emit a scent, and the dance certainly felt right. You should talk to Aurora sometime on the details, she'd probably be interested in how to be solid but avatar. Sub-quantum harmonics as a base template, or something else? Fascinating craftsmanship...

<ahem> So if you fully materialized here we're toast? Ok, I can understand that, basically "You're not all here, because you're not all there"? <he laughs playfully> Well I for one am glad you ARE here, as the dance was quite wonderful, thank you. <he smiles and bows gallantly>

I know you are joking but I do take damaging an entire plane of reality pretty seriously. Especially since they are all woven together. One thread comes loose and the whole tapestry will unravel. I survived it once before so I don't generally take well to such jokes. <Anamaria castsba stern gaze at Mambi. But her expression softens as he begins to talk about creating avatars.>

It is poor form for a goddess to unravel all the mysteries of the cosmos but I am curious to see what you come up with. <Anamaria smiles.>

This body is flesh and bone, if you cut me, I bleed. Do it enough and the avatar will die, but I will remain. If my full divinity is the server, this is more like a terminal.

Query: Do you self-visualize as to what I observe?

<Marius thinks about it for a bit before answering.> "I guess sometimes it might be nice to have a little flashier colored feathers like some other birds but, yeah, this is basically how I see myself, if that's what you mean. I'm happy as a merganser. You're sure it's okay having a duck avatar? I just want to make sure you don't feel compelled to be one just because of me."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I know you are joking but I do take damaging an entire plane of reality pretty seriously. Especially since they are all woven together. One thread comes loose and the whole tapestry will unravel. I survived it once before so I don't generally take well to such jokes. <Anamaria castsba stern gaze at Mambi. But her expression softens as he begins to talk about creating avatars.>

It is poor form for a goddess to unravel all the mysteries of the cosmos but I am curious to see what you come up with. <Anamaria smiles.>

This body is flesh and bone, if you cut me, I bleed. Do it enough and the avatar will die, but I will remain. If my full divinity is the server, this is more like a terminal.

<the cat nods respectfully> Oh don't worry, my ability is very localized and a gift from a unicorn friend a long time ago. It merely opens to a pocket realm and back again...I repeat, extremely localized. And the other rift roped off in the observatory behind us is stable and has been around for decades now. Nothing to worry about at all, but feel free to examine them if it makes you feel better.

<thinks for a moment>
The only thing that would come close are the infinity compression fields in the containment cubes downstairs, but they don't rip reality, ut they do bend it to it's breaking point. Would that be of any concern to you? Because if so, I can show you them to complete any reports you need to make.

As for making you bleed...certainly not <laughs> I do want you to feel comfortable though, so my realm is your realm. <giggles>

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius thinks about it for a bit before answering.> "I guess sometimes it might be nice to have a little flashier colored feathers like some other birds but, yeah, this is basically how I see myself, if that's what you mean. I'm happy as a merganser. You're sure it's okay having a duck avatar? I just want to make sure you don't feel compelled to be one just because of me."

That is good that your self-image is matching, as I have discovered that many do not and this provides difficulties.

As for my maintaining this image for you, I don't think you fully understand:

<she grins and instantly 2 shimmering blue forms appear standing in the water. One is the original rabbit form of Aurora, wearing a very skimpy swimsuit with her glowing tail protruding out the back. The other is an almost identical appearance to the holoduck, except this time the species is a crane, standing tall on her long legs in the same swimsuit, her long beak smiling equally warmly. They both move through the water without rippling it as they sit on either side of you and place an arm around you.>

<in unison they all look affectionately at you and speak in harmony>
Any avatar I create is just a representation for convenience, therefore appearance is irrelevant. If you wish I can return to default template, however it is not required by me at this time. Do you wish to customize my appearance further?

<she grins and instantly 2 shimmering blue forms appear standing in the water. One is the original rabbit form of Aurora, wearing a very skimpy swimsuit with her glowing tail protruding out the back. The other is an almost identical appearance to the holoduck, except this time the species is a crane, standing tall on her long legs in the same swimsuit, her long beak smiling equally warmly. They both move through the water without rippling it as they sit on either side of you and place an arm around you.></quote>

<Marius stifles his panic and only manages to smile and nod to the two additional avatars before tugging at his bowtie.>

<in unison they all look affectionately at you and speak in harmony> Any avatar I create is just a representation for convenience, therefore appearance is irrelevant. If you wish I can return to default template, however it is not required by me at this time. Do you wish to customize my appearance further?

<He stares at the holoduck for a moment until his brain kicks in.> "Um, no, no, it's perfect. Really great. Really." <Marius secretly wondered if he could find a climate control that could reduce the water temperature in the pond.>

"Ssoooo....." <he trails off, not sure what to say.>

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<the cat nods respectfully> Oh don't worry, my ability is very localized and a gift from a unicorn friend a long time ago. It merely opens to a pocket realm and back again...I repeat, extremely localized. And the other rift roped off in the observatory behind us is stable and has been around for decades now. Nothing to worry about at all, but feel free to examine them if it makes you feel better.

<thinks for a moment>
The only thing that would come close are the infinity compression fields in the containment cubes downstairs, but they don't rip reality, ut they do bend it to it's breaking point. Would that be of any concern to you? Because if so, I can show you them to complete any reports you need to make.

As for making you bleed...certainly not <laughs> I do want you to feel comfortable though, so my realm is your realm. <giggles>

<Anamaria redirects her gaze to Mambi.> Don't worry. I am only here as backup should there be an emergency. Unless that happens, I prefer to just enjoy the party and witnessing just how creative mortals have been. It may seem like a long time to you but to me it like watching a child grow. It happens all too fast. I am rather impressed you have infinity compression fields already. <a thoughtful smile emerges on then vixen's face.>

I appreciate you being such a gracious host. I usually have to disguise my divinity to have any sort of normal interaction with someone. I do often miss my mortal days.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius stifles his panic and only manages to smile and nod to the two additional avatars before tugging at his bowtie.>

<He stares at the holoduck for a moment until his brain kicks in.>
"Um, no, no, it's perfect. Really great. Really." <Marius secretly wondered if he could find a climate control that could reduce the water temperature in the pond.>

"Ssoooo....." <he trails off, not sure what to say.>

<the 2 additional avatars shimmer and disappear, leaving only the original holoduck remaining>
Then for you I shall continue to use this image if it pleases you. However related to customization, do you wish to customize this garden in any way? The console to your left can be used to alter atmospherics and solar positioning if desired. Settings "sunset" has proven to be popular in the past.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Anamaria redirects her gaze to Mambi.> Don't worry. I am only here as backup should there be an emergency. Unless that happens, I prefer to just enjoy the party and witnessing just how creative mortals have been. It may seem like a long time to you but to me it like watching a child grow. It happens all too fast. I am rather impressed you have infinity compression fields already. <a thoughtful smile emerges on then vixen's face.>

I appreciate you being such a gracious host. I usually have to disguise my divinity to have any sort of normal interaction with someone. I do often miss my mortal days.

Well to be fair the technology for he fields was acquired in the Andromeda galaxy, before the war of course, so I can't claim any credit for them. But still, the ability to create space out of nothing is extremely useful as you know! But I promise, I maintain safety margin of 0.0001% of Planck's constant so we're still safe.

As for your divinity, you don't have to hide it here at all. Did you know that because of my past and my abilities some people think I'm one as well? <laughs> I'm not of course, I'm just a cat who was given a gift, but I had people through the ages convinced through no fault of my own. An odd experience, how do you stand it? <grin>

<the 2 additional avatars shimmer and disappear, leaving only the original holoduck remaining>

<Marius is relieved, but also a little disappointed>

Then for you I shall continue to use this image if it pleases you. However related to customization, do you wish to customize this garden in any way? The console to your left can be used to alter atmospherics and solar positioning if desired. Settings "sunset" has proven to be popular in the past.

"Oh, yeah?"
<Marius leans over to examine the controls. He selects the sunset option, and sets the air temperature to a cool, 72 degrees F.
The sun moves low on the horizon and the sky turns a brilliant gradient of orange and red with dark purple clouds.
Satisfied with the selection, he sits back down in the water, right next to the holoduck who's glow is much brighter in the lower ambient light.>

"Wow. Reminds me of home, but with not as much water." <He pauses for a moment before asking,> "I don't mean to be intrusive; I know it's none of my business, but what's your relation to Mambi? He's okay if we're out here together? Alone?"

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Well to be fair the technology for he fields was acquired in the Andromeda galaxy, before the war of course, so I can't claim any credit for them. But still, the ability to create space out of nothing is extremely useful as you know! But I promise, I maintain safety margin of 0.0001% of Planck's constant so we're still safe.

As for your divinity, you don't have to hide it here at all. Did you know that because of my past and my abilities some people think I'm one as well? <laughs> I'm not of course, I'm just a cat who was given a gift, but I had people through the ages convinced through no fault of my own. An odd experience, how do you stand it? <grin>

I frequently visit mortals in one disguise or another just to have a normal interaction and to maintain my connection with you all. <Anamaria steps a little closer to Mambi, tail wagging.>

Anamaria isn't even my real name. Just part of the mortal disguise.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius leans over to examine the controls. He selects the sunset option, and sets the air temperature to a cool, 72 degrees F.
The sun moves low on the horizon and the sky turns a brilliant gradient of orange and red with dark purple clouds.
Satisfied with the selection, he sits back down in the water, right next to the holoduck who's glow is much brighter in the lower ambient light.>

"Wow. Reminds me of home, but with not as much water." <He pauses for a moment before asking,> "I don't mean to be intrusive; I know it's none of my business, but what's your relation to Mambi? He's okay if we're out here together? Alone?"

<the holoduck turns and grins politely, her glowing feathers casting a soft light over the ripples of the water as it passes through her> There is no issue with your query, as your inquiry is well within security requirements. Mambi and I have no biological relation, and currently he is my designated primary user with full access to my subsystems.

<she tilts her head confused> I do not understand your concern however. I am certain that Mambi would not object to our conversing alone, why would he object with you being with me? Did he not encourage us to be here personally several minutes ago, and I am not with everyone at all times they are within me? Why would your being here with no other organics present be relevant to Mambi in this scenario? I believe your concerns are not required at this time. <she smiles warmly in the dim light of the sunset...>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I frequently visit mortals in one disguise or another just to have a normal interaction and to maintain my connection with you all. <Anamaria steps a little closer to Mambi, tail wagging.>

Anamaria isn't even my real name. Just part of the mortal disguise.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea, as it takes some of the pressure off and you can just relax, eh? I hated being carried around on those pole things by the hat-wearing desert crew the last time, that's for sure. They meant well, good hearts, but damn they take things too far! Couldn't even step out for a pee without them starting to get animals lined up as a sacrifice calling for my return!!! <smiles and rolls eyes> Oh yeah, good times all right. <giggle> Definitely better here to just relax and be!

May I still call you Anamaria as it's lovely, or would you prefer something else? As for me, Mambi is fine. <falls to one knee and bows jokingly>

<the holoduck turns and grins politely, her glowing feathers casting a soft light over the ripples of the water as it passes through her> There is no issue with your query, as your inquiry is well within security requirements. Mambi and I have no biological relation, and currently he is my designated primary user with full access to my subsystems.

<she tilts her head confused> I do not understand your concern however. I am certain that Mambi would not object to our conversing alone, why would he object with you being with me? Did he not encourage us to be here personally several minutes ago, and I am not with everyone at all times they are within me? Why would your being here with no other organics present be relevant to Mambi in this scenario? I believe your concerns are not required at this time. <she smiles warmly in the dim light of the sunset...>

"He didn't seem the like the jealous type, but I didn't know to what extent the two of you were...uh...involved...<he tugged again at his bowtie> and I didn't want to cause any kind of...rift--anyway you're right; the sunset is amazing..."

<At that moment, in his mind's eye, Marius imagined a little version of himself in a white suit and red tie sitting on his shoulder.>
"What are you doing? She's a super complex artificial intelligence and hundreds of years old. You're a duck. You can't fall for her."
<Another tiny version of himself in a red suit and white tie sat on his other shoulder.>
"Don't listen to him. You're not just a duck; you're a merganser!"
"And that is a hologram!"
"A very attractive hologram in a very small bathing suit. Sitting next to you. And she likes you. And you like her. What's the problem?"
<The white-suited merganser rolled his eyes.> "I don't need to remind you, you can't touch a hologram. You'll pass through her and she'll think you're an idiot!"
"She even explicitly said your crest is attractive. That's the merganser equivalent of inviting you in for coffee." <the red-suited merganser winked>
"She doesn't know that and she doesn't drink coffee!" <the white-suited merganser protested while making air quotes with his feather fingers.>
<The red-suited merganser started mimicking Marius's dance from the competition.> "Even if the two of you can't feel anything, what if she still reacted as if she did?"
"What did she say about having 'medium passionate levels' again?"
"Three of them in skimpy bathing suits sitting with their arms around you is 'medium'?!"
<Even the white-suited merganser didn't have a response to that.>
"It's too soon to run and too late to hide." <he said with a evil grin before the two disappeared.>

"...just like you." <Marius added quietly.>