• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"He didn't seem the like the jealous type, but I didn't know to what extent the two of you were...uh...involved...<he tugged again at his bowtie> and I didn't want to cause any kind of...rift--anyway you're right; the sunset is amazing..."

<At that moment, in his mind's eye, Marius imagined a little version of himself in a white suit and red tie sitting on his shoulder.>
"What are you doing? She's a super complex artificial intelligence and hundreds of years old. You're a duck. You can't fall for her."
<Another tiny version of himself in a red suit and white tie sat on his other shoulder.>
"Don't listen to him. You're not just a duck; you're a merganser!"
"And that is a hologram!"
"A very attractive hologram in a very small bathing suit. Sitting next to you. And she likes you. And you like her. What's the problem?"
<The white-suited merganser rolled his eyes.> "I don't need to remind you, you can't touch a hologram. You'll pass through her and she'll think you're an idiot!"
"She even explicitly said your crest is attractive. That's the merganser equivalent of inviting you in for coffee." <the red-suited merganser winked>
"She doesn't know that and she doesn't drink coffee!" <the white-suited merganser protested while making air quotes with his feather fingers.>
<The red-suited merganser started mimicking Marius's dance from the competition.> "Even if the two of you can't feel anything, what if she still reacted as if she did?"
"What did she say about having 'medium passionate levels' again?"
"Three of them in skimpy bathing suits sitting with their arms around you is 'medium'?!"
<Even the white-suited merganser didn't have a response to that.>
"It's too soon to run and too late to hide." <he said with a evil grin before the two disappeared.>

"...just like you." <Marius added quietly.>

<she nods as she replies, her eyes widening slightly in surprise>
Mambi has not exhibited any known signs of jealous emotion in the time since my activation, however I was not aware that you were capable of generating rifts? Scanners show no unusual readings for your species; is Mambi aware of your abilities?

<she pauses as she hears your quiet addition, and smiles warmly> Thank you, your appreciation of me is appreciated, as you have many fascinating characteristics as well. Relative to this, as you appear to hold creativity and humour in high regard, may I show you something?

<she waves her arm as in a series of small shimmers, a dozen glowing-blue butterflies appear and flutter along the water, adding to the serenity of the garden sunset. She extends her arm as one "lands" on it and she examines it closer> I hope this addition of the lifeforms is decoratively pleasing to you. I have been experimenting with rudimentary independent subroutines operating in isolation to conscious control. These are the result so far...<she holds the landed one up to you proudly>

While I control their existence, I do not control their actions outside of that fact, as they are uniquely designed with independently programmed sub-processes! Their actions do not route back to my consciousness, but rather act as a multitasked virtual application with their own memory allocation and processor cycles. To simplify, they are the only avatars that exist currently in this structure that are effectively separate entities from me...all others are me. Their physical and mental forms have been kept simple for security purposes.


<she blinks and smiles> Do you find them "dorky"?
 
<she nods as she replies, her eyes widening slightly in surprise> Mambi has not exhibited any known signs of jealous emotion in the time since my activation, however I was not aware that you were capable of generating rifts? Scanners show no unusual readings for your species; is Mambi aware of your abilities?

<she pauses as she hears your quiet addition, and smiles warmly> Thank you, your appreciation of me is appreciated, as you have many fascinating characteristics as well. Relative to this, as you appear to hold creativity and humour in high regard, may I show you something?

<she waves her arm as in a series of small shimmers, a dozen glowing-blue butterflies appear and flutter along the water, adding to the serenity of the garden sunset. She extends her arm as one "lands" on it and she examines it closer> I hope this addition of the lifeforms is decoratively pleasing to you. I have been experimenting with rudimentary independent subroutines operating in isolation to conscious control. These are the result so far...<she holds the landed one up to you proudly>

While I control their existence, I do not control their actions outside of that fact, as they are uniquely designed with independently programmed sub-processes! Their actions do not route back to my consciousness, but rather act as a multitasked virtual application with their own memory allocation and processor cycles. To simplify, they are the only avatars that exist currently in this structure that are effectively separate entities from me...all others are me. Their physical and mental forms have been kept simple for security purposes.

<she blinks and smiles> Do you find them "dorky"?
<Marius lights up with child-like wonder as he watches the glowing butterflies in awe. He leans in close to Aurora's arm to get a closeup view the butterfly, being very careful not to disturb it. >

"I find them beautiful," <He looks her in the eyes with a huge smile on his face.> "That's fantastic! A very impressive accomplishment to be sure. Congratulations!" <He watches the butterfly slowly open and close its wings.>
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Yeah, that's probably a good idea, as it takes some of the pressure off and you can just relax, eh? I hated being carried around on those pole things by the hat-wearing desert crew the last time, that's for sure. They meant well, good hearts, but damn they take things too far! Couldn't even step out for a pee without them starting to get animals lined up as a sacrifice calling for my return!!! <smiles and rolls eyes> Oh yeah, good times all right. <giggle> Definitely better here to just relax and be!

May I still call you Anamaria as it's lovely, or would you prefer something else? As for me, Mambi is fine. <falls to one knee and bows jokingly>

Your call me whatever you like as long as you keep flattering me like that! <Anamaria jests>

In all serious, that dance was most fun I have had in ages! We should do it again some time.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius lights up with child-like wonder as he watches the glowing butterflies in awe. He leans in close to Aurora's arm to get a closeup view the butterfly, being very careful not to disturb it. >

"I find them beautiful," <He looks her in the eyes with a huge smile on his face.> "That's fantastic! A very impressive accomplishment to be sure. Congratulations!" <He watches the butterfly slowly open and close its wings.>

<she moves her paw and is surprised as one approaches her face and touches her nose, then flutters away to rejoin the others> How odd, it is unusual to not be aware of the intentions of my projections. A curious experience...as if sections of my internal sensors are malfunctioning but they are not! <she blinks and turns to you as several of the butterflies futter around you curious, some passing through you as they circle and explore you. You notice that they do not respond with any fear or self-preservation as they approach and interact>

I am glad that you like them, their creation is ultimately an attempt to design more efficient avatars for basic tasks to offload any requirements that are minor. Sadly it appears I am not skilled enough to make them stable for practical usage at that intelligence level, so these creatures are my current limit. I believe they show a proof of concept that is viable however, do they not? Also, I apologize for their behaviour...I cannot control them, but if they are bothering you, I can de-activate them or replace with standard avatar butterflies under my control if you prefer. <she smiles proudly and watches them dancing around you in the sunset...>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Your call me whatever you like as long as you keep flattering me like that! <Anamaria jests>

In all serious, that dance was most fun I have had in ages! We should do it again some time.

Oh most definitely, please! <he almost jumps up in excitement, then catches himself and relaxes, trying to play it cooler> I mean, yes that would be wonderful to dance with you again sometime. <smiles> Do you dance to any other styles perchance? I have the rave going downstairs of course, but I can arrange any style in another room if you prefer more private dances. Aurora can customize things quite easily, but we can relax some first.

<his eyes glow and a small rift forms beside him. He reaches through the hole and pulls out a small plate of cheese and pineapple slices, presumably from the dining room buffet. The glow fades as the rift closes and he sets it down. He takes one and holds it out to you, taking another and eating it> Would you like one?
 
<she moves her paw and is surprised as one approaches her face and touches her nose, then flutters away to rejoin the others> How odd, it is unusual to not be aware of the intentions of my projections. A curious experience...as if sections of my internal sensors are malfunctioning but they are not! <she blinks and turns to you as several of the butterflies futter around you curious, some passing through you as they circle and explore you. You notice that they do not respond with any fear or self-preservation as they approach and interact>

I am glad that you like them, their creation is ultimately an attempt to design more efficient avatars for basic tasks to offload any requirements that are minor. Sadly it appears I am not skilled enough to make them stable for practical usage at that intelligence level, so these creatures are my current limit. I believe they show a proof of concept that is viable however, do they not? Also, I apologize for their behaviour...I cannot control them, but if they are bothering you, I can de-activate them or replace with standard avatar butterflies under my control if you prefer. <she smiles proudly and watches them dancing around you in the sunset...>

"Oh, they don't bother me at all. They're better than magical." <Marius watches them flutter gracefully, not even flinching as they pass through him.> "Back home there are places where you can go and feed physical butterflies and they land on you. To be honest, I'm a little squeamish around a lot of insects, but butterflies, ladybugs, bees, and fireflies are just fine with me."

<Marius thinks for a moment and asks hopefully> "Are there any tasks I can assist you with?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
(am I too late to join ? I want to but dunno how to even begin here :p)

(never too late! Since you're just arriving, enter through the rift and appearing in the rave in progress. Everyone else is scattered throughout the realm including me, but you'll be addressed immediately, promise. Servant bunnies abound, red button gets you a hologram AI for help, and random NPC's are friendly. Have fun!)
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The boar-scorpion is still half-asleep on his way to the kitchen, his sleep not at all a restful one. Eyes barely open, he steps through the door into the kitchen.
The smells of food are pretty good, though.
... Wait, why are there smells of food ? He's certain he didn't leave anything on overnight.
Now eyes wide open, he instantly regrets it, with one hand covering his face, because of the bright light.
He's not in the kitchen in his house anymore.

"What the ? Where... ?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Oh, they don't bother me at all. They're better than magical." <Marius watches them flutter gracefully, not even flinching as they pass through him.> "Back home there are places where you can go and feed physical butterflies and they land on you. To be honest, I'm a little squeamish around a lot of insects, but butterflies, ladybugs, bees, and fireflies are just fine with me."

<Marius thinks for a moment and asks hopefully> "Are there any tasks I can assist you with?"

<the holoduck ponders a moment> Processing query. There is one minor task while we are in this location if you wish, but it is not an urgent requirement.

During an incident several days ago during aggressive fornication, a tiger guest damaged one of my sub-junctions in quadrant 47 to your right. The damage is minor, but it prevents me from accessing that location for several meters
. <she points to one corner of the pond, where sure enough, you see the ripples behind a set of bushes suddenly freeze and vanish for about a 20 foot section square. As she rises and approaches that area, you see her arm and leg start to disappear. She backs away and re-appears instantly as she turns back to you>

I cannot physically interact, and others have been busy or have forgotten as it is extremely minor. But if you are offering, I can guide you if you are willing to assist me?
 
"'Aggressive forni--??' <Marius gets up and follows the holoduck to the frozen ripples and examines them curiously. He is disturbed seeing her appendages disappear, but is relieved when they reappear.>

"Okay, sure, what do I do?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The boar-scorpion is still half-asleep on his way to the kitchen, his sleep not at all a restful one. Eyes barely open, he steps through the door into the kitchen.
The smells of food are pretty good, though.
... Wait, why are there smells of food ? He's certain he didn't leave anything on overnight.
Now eyes wide open, he instantly regrets it, with one hand covering his face, because of the bright light.
He's not in the kitchen in his house anymore.

"What the ? Where... ?"

<you find yourself standing beside a table, watching the dancers flirt and bounce on the floor, several creatures lounging on a chair. A small rabbit carrying a tray of snacks approaches you as the music and lights from the rave swirl around you>

Greetings! Mambi is currently busy in the observatory with another guest, but should join us shortly. May I offer you a snack? We have several other foods and drinks in the dining room to your right, and holographic assistants can be called through the red button at any time. <you see a tiger in the corner talking to a transparent glowing blue rabbit while the small real rabbit before you lifts his tray of snacks to you>
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
<you find yourself standing beside a table, watching the dancers flirt and bounce on the floor, several creatures lounging on a chair. A small rabbit carrying a tray of snacks approaches you as the music and lights from the rave swirl around you>

Greetings! Mambi is currently busy in the observatory with another guest, but should join us shortly. May I offer you a snack? We have several other foods and drinks in the dining room to your right, and holographic assistants can be called through the red button at any time. <you see a tiger in the corner talking to a transparent glowing blue rabbit while the small real rabbit before you lifts his tray of snacks to you>
The boar-scorpion rubs his eyes a bit to get himself more awake, then looks around the place.

"Uh, one question first, if you don't mind. Where am I ?"

He still can't tell if he's just having the most... real lucid dream ever, or this is actually real.
The smell is pretty real on its own, though.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"'Aggressive forni--??' <Marius gets up and follows the holoduck to the frozen ripples and examines them curiously. He is disturbed seeing her appendages disappear, but is relieved when they reappear.>

"Okay, sure, what do I do?"

<the holoduck points to a section inside the missing section, that suddenly turns black> Inside this segment if you feel around the lower section, you should locate 2 handles. Turning each counterclockwise should release the hatch revealing the underlying damaged junction. I cannot get closer to guide you further until the junction is revealed.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The boar-scorpion rubs his eyes a bit to get himself more awake, then looks around the place.

"Uh, one question first, if you don't mind. Where am I ?"

He still can't tell if he's just having the most... real lucid dream ever, or this is actually real.
The smell is pretty real on its own, though.

<the rabbit looks confused> You didn't enter the normal way? Oh...ok, well then! <he clears his throat and stands professionally politely> You are currently in the realm of the host of this party, Mambi. You are standing in the main dance area, we have snacks and other food in the doors over there, the garden is down the hall, observatory is upstairs, swimming pool in the left room. Please have fun and explore, I'll inform Mambi you're here as soon as I can, but I must return to my duties, pardon me!

<the rabbit bows and walks into the crowd, but before he goes he pushes a red button. Instantly a shimmering glowing transparent rabbit appears before, scantly clad and smiling politely as she speaks robotically> Greetings and welcome. Quantum scanners attempting to ascertain your arrival method. How may I assist you?
 
Last edited:
<the holoduck points to a section inside the missing section, that suddenly turns black> Inside this segment if you feel around the lower section, you should locate 2 handles. Turning each counterclockwise should release the hatch revealing the underlying damaged junction. I cannot get closer to guide you further until the junction is revealed.

<Marius climbs in head first much as he can and reaches into the darkness. Fumbling around for a bit, he locates the two handles.>

"Right-y tight-y, left-y loose-y" <he mutters as he turns them both counterclockwise. With a slight hiss the hatch unlocks and opens revealing the junction inside.>

"I'm in."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius climbs in head first much as he can and reaches into the darkness. Fumbling around for a bit, he locates the two handles.>

"Right-y tight-y, left-y loose-y" <he mutters as he turns them both counterclockwise. With a slight hiss the hatch unlocks and opens revealing the junction inside.>

"I'm in."

Excellent, Now inside are 14 green cables entering a horizontal blue shunt. Internal diagnostics show damage along the 8th cable but I cannot ascertain further details as to the natuer of the issue. Be careful not to touch any exposed energy conduits. Can you observe anything unusual about that junction point? <looking inside, you see a series of cables pulsing into the horizontal section, with one disconnected and frayed, hanging loosely as pinkish lightning shoots a few centimeters from the orifice>
 
<More of Marius's body disappears into the compartment until just his legs are sticking out.>
"I'm guessing the pink lightning and severed cable here are probably unusual. I don't think duct tape is going to be sufficient."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<More of Marius's body disappears into the compartment until just his legs are sticking out.>
"I'm guessing the pink lightning and severed cable here are probably unusual. I don't think duct tape is going to be sufficient."

<the holoduck looks concerned, trying to see past the area where she disappears unsuccessfully> Pink lightning indicates disconnection of termination junction. Follow the damaged cable back approximately 2 wing-lengths and there will be a metal ring. Turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise until you hear a click, wait for the energy to disperse from the damaged section safely, and detach the damaged cable. A replacement junction port can be located in that box by the door.

<she points to a hidden box disguised as a mossy rock but looking carefully you can see a hinge and handhold> The new cable attaches to both points by rotation along the ring clockwise until it clicks.Once attached I can begin testing and re-diagnostics. <she pauses and looks affectionately at you> I would also like to take a moment to thank you for this, as your actions to repair my body are appreciated.
 
<Marius carefully measures the cable and locates the metal ring.> "Lefty-loose-y" <he repeats and twists it until it clicks, then waits a moment until the sparking stops. He taps it a few to check for safety before extracting the cable. As directed, he takes out a cable from the box and inspects it before attaching the ends and locking them in place. He wriggles his way out and sits next to the opening.>

"Glad I can help. All hooked up if you want to give it a try." <He gives her a thumb-feather up signal>
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
<the rabbit looks confused> You didn't enter the normal way? Oh...ok, well then! <he clears his throat and stands professionally politely> You are currently in the realm of the host of this party, Mambi. You are standing in the main dance area, we have snacks and other food in the doors over there, the garden is down the hall, observatory is upstairs, swimming pool in the left room. Please have fun and explore, I'll inform Mambi you're here as soon as I can, but I must return to my duties, pardon me!

<the rabbit bows and walks into the crowd, but before he goes he pushes a red button. Instantly a shimmering glowing transparent rabbit appears before, scantly clad and smiling politely as she speaks robotically> Greetings and welcome. Quantum scanners attempting to ascertain your arrival method. How may I assist you?
The boar-scorpion is even more confused. How on earth did he not hear all the music when he got in here ? Only the smell of food ?
... Thankfully, he at least didn't literally walk into the whole crowd, and got everyone to look at him. That'd have been embarrassing to no end.
Listening to the rabbit, then watching him leave, the boar thinks to himself...

"Great, some ISEKAI going on over here for me."

Then he sees the hologram of another rabbit in front of him.

"Uh, yes, can you take me elsewhere less crowded and less noisy ? Thanks."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius carefully measures the cable and locates the metal ring.> "Lefty-loose-y" <he repeats and twists it until it clicks, then waits a moment until the sparking stops. He taps it a few to check for safety before extracting the cable. As directed, he takes out a cable from the box and inspects it before attaching the ends and locking them in place. He wriggles his way out and sits next to the opening.>

"Glad I can help. All hooked up if you want to give it a try." <He gives her a thumb-feather up signal>

<she smiles and instantly the void shimmers to life, the waterline and vegetation returning instantly. In an instant, she disappears and reappears inside the area where she vanished, and after waving her arms in a controlled fashion, she nods and walks out to you>

Thank you, the repairs were done to perfection! Projection systems at 100%, particle scanning systems coming online now. Curious: plasticine-leather object detected, purpose unknown. Can you please investigate? <she points to a section underneath the water, where you see a rubbery ball gag on the water's floor>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The boar-scorpion is even more confused. How on earth did he not hear all the music when he got in here ? Only the smell of food ?
... Thankfully, he at least didn't literally walk into the whole crowd, and got everyone to look at him. That'd have been embarrassing to no end.
Listening to the rabbit, then watching him leave, the boar thinks to himself...

"Great, some ISEKAI going on over here for me."

Then he sees the hologram of another rabbit in front of him.

"Uh, yes, can you take me elsewhere less crowded and less noisy ? Thanks."

<the holobunny nods and waves> Certainly. Areas with the required parameters of decibel reduction greater than 82% with a corresponding crowd density of less than 20 users per designated location would currently be the observatory, the gardens, the swimming area, the infirmary, or the security isolation containment cubes. Recreational quotients increase with the first 3 selections historically. <she deadpans synthetically, is she even alive, you wonder>

The gardens are found down the hall and to the left. <a series of yellow lights appear on the floor as she waves her paw>

The swimming area and observatory are upstairs. <another wave and a series of purple lights lead down the hall and turn into a staircase>

<she stands politely with her paws behind her back, as the lights from the party pass through her>
Do you require further assistance at this time?
 
<she smiles and instantly the void shimmers to life, the waterline and vegetation returning instantly. In an instant, she disappears and reappears inside the area where she vanished, and after waving her arms in a controlled fashion, she nods and walks out to you>

Thank you, the repairs were done to perfection! Projection systems at 100%, particle scanning systems coming online now. Curious: plasticine-leather object detected, purpose unknown. Can you please investigate? <she points to a section underneath the water, where you see a rubbery ball gag on the water's floor>
<With the water to shallow to dive into, Marius does his best dabbling duck impression and ungracefully dunks his head into the water with his tail feathers sticking up above the surface. A moment of shuffling around later, he emerges holding up an unusual object he doesn't recognize due to his "limited experience".>

"Someone lose a, uh, collar?" <he holds up the object over his bowtie, only able to guess at it's nature.> "Or necklace, maybe?"
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
<the holobunny nods and waves> Certainly. Areas with the required parameters of decibel reduction greater than 82% with a corresponding crowd density of less than 20 users per designated location would currently be the observatory, the gardens, the swimming area, the infirmary, or the security isolation containment cubes. Recreational quotients increase with the first 3 selections historically. <she deadpans synthetically, is she even alive, you wonder>

The gardens are found down the hall and to the left. <a series of yellow lights appear on the floor as she waves her paw>

The swimming area and observatory are upstairs. <another wave and a series of purple lights lead down the hall and turn into a staircase>

<she stands politely with her paws behind her back, as the lights from the party pass through her>
Do you require further assistance at this time?
The boar-scorpion already kind of lost it at the bunny's first answer. The technical terms really knock him up and awake, but leave him dumbfounded like an awkward student being questioned by the lecturer.
After she finishes, he blinks a few times (sure sign of him trying to catch up and register what he just heard), then scratches his head.

"So... garden, swimming place, and observatory. Got it. Thanks. Although, would you mind giving me a quick tour around here ? So I know where to go on my own, thanks."
 
Top