• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<With the water to shallow to dive into, Marius does his best dabbling duck impression and ungracefully dunks his head into the water with his tail feathers sticking up above the surface. A moment of shuffling around later, he emerges holding up an unusual object he doesn't recognize due to his "limited experience".>

"Someone lose a, uh, collar?" <he holds up the object over his bowtie, only able to guess at it's nature.> "Or necklace, maybe?"

<the holoduck moves close beside you, moving her face right up to you examining the object closely> It is an unusual neck accessory, as it appears the belt would be too small.

Curious, organic matter detected, analyzing.
<she places her hand through the object, and a yellow glow appears around it for a moment then fades> DNA analysis confirms the matter to be feline saliva, and appears to permeate the spherical material. Indentations confirm source feline dental structure. This was in their mouth? How unusual, it appears to have no molecules that would stimulate flavour, therefore it was not for food or substitution. Exercise of the jaws perhaps? <she asks innocently>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The boar-scorpion already kind of lost it at the bunny's first answer. The technical terms really knock him up and awake, but leave him dumbfounded like an awkward student being questioned by the lecturer.
After she finishes, he blinks a few times (sure sign of him trying to catch up and register what he just heard), then scratches his head.

"So... garden, swimming place, and observatory. Got it. Thanks. Although, would you mind giving me a quick tour around here ? So I know where to go on my own, thanks."

<the holobunny nods and waves her paw. Immediately a display shimmers into view with a 3D map of the entire realm. You see through multiple overlapping transparencies a vast network of rooms and caverns covering several floors. You see many labelled in strange alien symbols, multiple rooms labelled as "private" or "catnip", and several highlighted areas along the outside perimeter. After several seconds the display shimmers and vanishes as the rabbit smiles politely>


That was the quick tour of the realm. As for the immediate area "around here", that is a wall, that is a dancer, that is another wall, this is the floor and that is a series of chairs. There are currently 46 creatures in this immediate dancing surface. Along the console you will see...

AURORA, we're good, thanks!
<the rabbit stops immediately at the new voice, and with a smile shimmers and vanishes. Looking over, you see a tall female deer and her laughing female skunk friend emerge from the double-doors carrying some fruit. She goes to you and extends her hoof>

Sorry about the AI, it's a little touchy and literal sometimes. Mambi's upstairs, but I'm Lisa and this is Sheila. Whatever you like to do, we can take you there. <her skunk friend smiles and leans against the deer, boppily bouncing to the music as she smiles vacantly>
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The boar loos at the 3D map, tries to remember as best as he can what is the easiest and most distinguishable area to look for, but it's quite a challenge. And on top of that, the strange alien symbols too.
But the rabbit's follow-up commentary gets him at a loss again.
Thankfully there're someone else to help him, other than the AI. He looks over to see a deer and skunk, and awkwardly takes her hoof.

"Oh uh, thanks. Nice to meet you."

He clears his throat, and gathers all his courage to stop being so shy.

"Name is Jin. I'm new here, and definitely have no idea where is where. If I may ask, is there... you know, a place for resting, for guests ? Or once you're done here, you just... go through some portal and back where you left off ?"
 
<the holoduck moves close beside you, moving her face right up to you examining the object closely> It is an unusual neck accessory, as it appears the belt would be too small.

Curious, organic matter detected, analyzing.
<she places her hand through the object, and a yellow glow appears around it for a moment then fades> DNA analysis confirms the matter to be feline saliva, and appears to permeate the spherical material. Indentations confirm source feline dental structure. This was in their mouth? How unusual, it appears to have no molecules that would stimulate flavour, therefore it was not for food or substitution. Exercise of the jaws perhaps? <she asks innocently>
<With the thought of the object being in a cat's mouth, Marius delicately holds out the strap between two finger feathers at arm's length. He furrow's his brow.>

"Hm, that's looks pretty solid. I don't think you could move your jaw around very much if that part goes in the mouth. Maybe it's some kind of orthodontic device to align the teeth, but then again, I don't think you'd be able to talk with the thing stuffed in your mouth either. Doesn't seem very practical. Or comfortable."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Oh uh, thanks. Nice to meet you."

He clears his throat, and gathers all his courage to stop being so shy.

"Name is Jin. I'm new here, and definitely have no idea where is where. If I may ask, is there... you know, a place for resting, for guests ? Or once you're done here, you just... go through some portal and back where you left off ?"

<the deer points upstairs> Well, I just came from the observatory, and there's only a handful of people there and it's soundproofed. Laying back checking out the stars is good, they got some nice cushions and long chairs to stretch out on, or the garden is pretty too with its climate control, or...

<her friends jumps in with a valley-girl annunciation
> O.M.G, you have to tell about the rainstorm you made with that other guy, he was SOOO hot I...

Sheila!!! <the deer blushes and pokes her friend, then resumes> Um, yeah...so those are nice spots, and to get back, we can open a rift to your home anytime.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<With the thought of the object being in a cat's mouth, Marius delicately holds out the strap between two finger feathers at arm's length. He furrow's his brow.>

"Hm, that's looks pretty solid. I don't think you could move your jaw around very much if that part goes in the mouth. Maybe it's some kind of orthodontic device to align the teeth, but then again, I don't think you'd be able to talk with the thing stuffed in your mouth either. Doesn't seem very practical. Or comfortable."

<she examines it in fascination, attempting to fathom it's purpose> No it does not, I agree, however side straps appear adjustable. Perhaps it is a medical bracing device? If you can maintain possession of it, we can return it to Mambi or attempt to locate the owner when we leave.

<she turns back to the location you found it> No other objects detected at that location, however it corresponds with the location of the damaged systems. Curious...
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"The observatory sounds nice. I like looking at the cosmos."

The boar nods with an eager smile, but it also feels a tad bit awkward too.

"... Hey uh, is there an elevator or a lift to get to the observatory ? I'm not sure I can get to the top floor by stairs, before... ya know."

His... hefty body build is definitely what he means, and he does mean it when he says so.
 
<she examines it in fascination, attempting to fathom it's purpose> No it does not, I agree, however side straps appear adjustable. Perhaps it is a medical bracing device? If you can maintain possession of it, we can return it to Mambi or attempt to locate the owner when we leave.

<she turns back to the location you found it> No other objects detected at that location, however it corresponds with the location of the damaged systems. Curious...

"I'm sure it wasn't anything malicious." <Marius tucks the device into the inside jacket pocket of his tuxedo.> "Anything else need repairs?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"The observatory sounds nice. I like looking at the cosmos."

The boar nods with an eager smile, but it also feels a tad bit awkward too.

"... Hey uh, is there an elevator or a lift to get to the observatory ? I'm not sure I can get to the top floor by stairs, before... ya know."

His... hefty body build is definitely what he means, and he does mean it when he says so.

<the deer and the skunk look you over carefully, measuring you with their arms. Looking to the stairway, they shake their head seeing the issue. As the deer turns and presses the red button on the console, the shimmering rabbit re-appears and addresses her>
Greeting and welcome, how may...

<she waves her hoof dismissively> Yeah yeah...Aurora, can you use generator 3 to open a portal from this location to the observatory large enough to accommodate our friend here? <she turns to look at you, and a series of light rings descend and start to map your body. As they disappear, a shimmering rift forms in the hallway, and as it parts forming a large hole in the air, looking through it you see it leading to a telescope chair. The rabbit nods to the deer and disappears as she turns back to you>

Here you go, right this way! <she beckons through the hole as the skunk walks through and goes straight to the chair, placing the headset over her head as her furry paws wrap around the joystick-like controls excitedly>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I'm sure it wasn't anything malicious." <Marius tucks the device into the inside jacket pocket of his tuxedo.> "Anything else need repairs?"

Uncertain, as it my nature to assist others and not request assistance. I detect 4 miscellaneous issues that could require assistance, but do you not wish to enjoy yourself?
 
Uncertain, as it my nature to assist others and not request assistance. I detect 4 miscellaneous issues that could require assistance, but do you not wish to enjoy yourself?

"I enjoy feeling useful. And I enjoy spending time with you." <he blushes again>
"You probably don't believe me, but I'm actually a little socially awkward." <He winks.>
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
<the deer and the skunk look you over carefully, measuring you with their arms. Looking to the stairway, they shake their head seeing the issue. As the deer turns and presses the red button on the console, the shimmering rabbit re-appears and addresses her> Greeting and welcome, how may...

<she waves her hoof dismissively> Yeah yeah...Aurora, can you use generator 3 to open a portal from this location to the observatory large enough to accommodate our friend here? <she turns to look at you, and a series of light rings descend and start to map your body. As they disappear, a shimmering rift forms in the hallway, and as it parts forming a large hole in the air, looking through it you see it leading to a telescope chair. The rabbit nods to the deer and disappears as she turns back to you>

Here you go, right this way! <she beckons through the hole as the skunk walks through and goes straight to the chair, placing the headset over her head as her furry paws wrap around the joystick-like controls excitedly>
"Oh, that's convenient. Thanks."

The boar carefully steps through the portal, making sure not to accidentally step on anything (or anyone's tail for that matter), and makes his way to the chair. But he simply sits down (and takes up quite the space), then looks up in the sky with a relaxed sigh.

"Beautiful."
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I enjoy feeling useful. And I enjoy spending time with you." <he blushes again>
"You probably don't believe me, but I'm actually a little socially awkward." <He winks.>

<she smiles warmly and stands in the water, motioning for you to follow as she leads to a section of the shoreline> If you enjoy this companionship and performing these actions, them please proceed! I have no reason to doubt your veracity, however I see little evidence of your social awkwardness. You appear to function among other creatures, and your dancing skills are exemplary.

<she points to a section where the water appears to be shooting upwards like a large spout, as if an invisible hose underneath was spraying upwards.> Aquatic particle-mater converter streams appears locked in generation mode, causing hydro-overflow will occur in approximately 23 days. Again, this is not urgent but if you wish to proceed, I can direct you in the repair?
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Oh, that's convenient. Thanks."

The boar carefully steps through the portal, making sure not to accidentally step on anything (or anyone's tail for that matter), and makes his way to the chair. But he simply sits down (and takes up quite the space), then looks up in the sky with a relaxed sigh.

"Beautiful."

<as you look around, you can see the occasional comet pass overhead, as the telescope occasionally rotates to view other sections. On a display by the wall, you realize that the display is showing everything you are pointing at as well, and a VR headset sits with a blinking light beside the chair. Hearing a noise from outside, you peek out a side window and see a sleek black cat talking to a vixen (@Foxy Emy ), recognizing him as Mambi, your host. >
 
<she smiles warmly and stands in the water, motioning for you to follow as she leads to a section of the shoreline> If you enjoy this companionship and performing these actions, them please proceed! I have no reason to doubt your veracity, however I see little evidence of your social awkwardness. You appear to function among other creatures, and your dancing skills are exemplary.

<she points to a section where the water appears to be shooting upwards like a large spout, as if an invisible hose underneath was spraying upwards.> Aquatic particle-mater converter streams appears locked in generation mode, causing hydro-overflow will occur in approximately 23 days. Again, this is not urgent but if you wish to proceed, I can direct you in the repair?

<Marius smiles proudly, happier that she doesn't think he's awkward than thinking he's a good dancer. He follows her closely to the spray of water and scratches his head hearing her description of the problem at hand.>

"Well, if it's a water related problem, I should be qualified. Let's do this."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
<as you look around, you can see the occasional comet pass overhead, as the telescope occasionally rotates to view other sections. On a display by the wall, you realize that the display is showing everything you are pointing at as well, and a VR headset sits with a blinking light beside the chair. Hearing a noise from outside, you peek out a side window and see a sleek black cat talking to a vixen (@Foxy Emy ), recognizing him as Mambi, your host. >
The boar takes a look around the place from the chair, taking into account the equipment available to use. Though he simply sticks to watching the sky with his naked eye and admire the beauty of the cosmos from there.
He sees Mambi talking to someone there, so he leaves them be and simply relaxes at his seat.
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Oh most definitely, please! <he almost jumps up in excitement, then catches himself and relaxes, trying to play it cooler> I mean, yes that would be wonderful to dance with you again sometime. <smiles> Do you dance to any other styles perchance? I have the rave going downstairs of course, but I can arrange any style in another room if you prefer more private dances. Aurora can customize things quite easily, but we can relax some first.

<his eyes glow and a small rift forms beside him. He reaches through the hole and pulls out a small plate of cheese and pineapple slices, presumably from the dining room buffet. The glow fades as the rift closes and he sets it down. He takes one and holds it out to you, taking another and eating it> Would you like one?

Sounds delightful! <Anamaria takes a slice of cheese to snack on.> A rave might be fun... Especially with some dancing lights. <The goddess chuckles and conjures some floating orbs of light, which spin around her as she waves her arms around is a mesmerizing pattern.
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The boar takes a look around the place from the chair, taking into account the equipment available to use. Though he simply sticks to watching the sky with his naked eye and admire the beauty of the cosmos from there.
He sees Mambi talking to someone there, so he leaves them be and simply relaxes at his seat.

<as he chats with the vixen, he notices a newcomer looking at them and waves politely through the glass.>

Sounds delightful! <Anamaria takes a slice of cheese to snack on.> A rave might be fun... Especially with some dancing lights. <The goddess chuckles and conjures some floating orbs of light, which spin around her as she waves her arms around is a mesmerizing pattern.

<the cat giggles at the lights and claps> Love 'em!!! <he jumps up and joins in on the merriment outside, shaking his tail with glee while the boar looks on curiously>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius smiles proudly, happier that she doesn't think he's awkward than thinking he's a good dancer. He follows her closely to the spray of water and scratches his head hearing her description of the problem at hand.>

"Well, if it's a water related problem, I should be qualified. Let's do this."

<the holoduck points to a section under the water spout> Underneath that section of mud approximately 38 centimeters is buried a small brown tube attached to a cable. If you retrieve the tube, I can direct you on how to reset it's mechanisms, however I should warn you that spontaneous water generation will continue at a rapid rate the entire time the tube is malfunctioning, including while it is being held in your hand inches from your face. If knowing this fact you do not wish to proceed, I understand.
 
<the holoduck points to a section under the water spout> Underneath that section of mud approximately 38 centimeters is buried a small brown tube attached to a cable. If you retrieve the tube, I can direct you on how to reset it's mechanisms, however I should warn you that spontaneous water generation will continue at a rapid rate the entire time the tube is malfunctioning, including while it is being held in your hand inches from your face. If knowing this fact you do not wish to proceed, I understand.

"I'm willing, but a few questions; how much of a risk of damage is there to the garden or yourself from the water and are there any repair instructions you can provide before I get the tube?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I'm willing, but a few questions; how much of a risk of damage is there to the garden or yourself from the water and are there any repair instructions you can provide before I get the tube?"

<she smiles and replies nonchalantly> I will be completely unaffected by the water. You however will receive approximately 2 liters per second of water flow directly to your face and body until the tube is reset, as this is the rate of generation.

Reset instructions are simply pushing the blue button on the tube, upon which afterwards I will be able to control it and stop the water instantly, then place the tube back into it's original location. However this action must be performed while the tube is generating the volume of water, as this is the nature of the malfunction.

Do you understand the situation? If so, please proceed...
<she stands watching the waterspout>
 
<she smiles and replies nonchalantly> I will be completely unaffected by the water. You however will receive approximately 2 liters per second of water flow directly to your face and body until the tube is reset, as this is the rate of generation.

Reset instructions are simply pushing the blue button on the tube, upon which afterwards I will be able to control it and stop the water instantly, then place the tube back into it's original location. However this action must be performed while the tube is generating the volume of water, as this is the nature of the malfunction.

Do you understand the situation? If so, please proceed...
<she stands watching the waterspout>

"I think so: Get in the mud, detach the tube from the cable, bring up the tube, and press the blue button."

<Marius removes his glasses so they don't get blasted off his face and gently sets them down in a safe place.>
"Now that I think about it, I probably don't want to completely ruin the tuxedo in the mud." <Considering his feathers to be a layer of "clothing", he is not actually naked or indecent without the tux, so he removes it and sets it next to his glasses.>

<Without a second thought, he makes his way to the faulty fountain and kneels in the mud. Reaching in, he feels around a bit.>
"Okay, I found the cable..."
<Fishing around in the mud some more, he follows the cable until he finds the tube connector.> "...and got the tube. Here we go!"
<Marius disconnects to the tube...>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I think so: Get in the mud, detach the tube from the cable, bring up the tube, and press the blue button."

<Marius removes his glasses so they don't get blasted off his face and gently sets them down in a safe place.>
"Now that I think about it, I probably don't want to completely ruin the tuxedo in the mud." <Considering his feathers to be a layer of "clothing", he is not actually naked or indecent without the tux, so he removes it and sets it next to his glasses.>

<Without a second thought, he makes his way to the faulty fountain and kneels in the mud. Reaching in, he feels around a bit.>
"Okay, I found the cable..."
<Fishing around in the mud some more, he follows the cable until he finds the tube connector.> "...and got the tube. Here we go!"
<Marius disconnects to the tube...>

<The holoduck watches as then tube comes off in your hand and you stand up. Instantly you realize that the tube is literally producing water from nothing, as litres gush in all directions like a low pressure hose, soaking you thoroughly. As you sputter trying to see past the torrent of water emanating from the tube, the holoduck walks through the spray unaffected and puts her finger on the button. As you feel with your other hand for the slight warmth of her hand to guide you, you finally feel a button and press it, instantly stopping the water flow as the tube drips silently in your hand and the holoduck claps silently>


You have succeeded! Control system coming back online...<you stand startled as a tentacle of water emerges from the tube, waves at you, and then collapses into the pond>

Thank you again, your assistance is greatly appreciated! Once the tube is replaced back in the mud, did you wish another small task to assist me? This one would assist me personally and is not general maintenance. After I assist in cleaning you of course.
 
<The holoduck watches as then tube comes off in your hand and you stand up. Instantly you realize that the tube is literally producing water from nothing, as litres gush in all directions like a low pressure hose, soaking you thoroughly. As you sputter trying to see past the torrent of water emanating from the tube, the holoduck walks through the spray unaffected and puts her finger on the button. As you feel with your other hand for the slight warmth of her hand to guide you, you finally feel a button and press it, instantly stopping the water flow as the tube drips silently in your hand and the holoduck claps silently>

You have succeeded! Control system coming back online...<you stand startled as a tentacle of water emerges from the tube, waves at you, and then collapses into the pond>

Thank you again, your assistance is greatly appreciated! Once the tube is replaced back in the mud, did you wish another small task to assist me? This one would assist me personally and is not general maintenance. After I assist in cleaning you of course.

<Marius shakes body his in duck-like fashion, spraying a bit of water in all directions and runs his wing/hand over his crest, returning it to a more normal level of shagginess.>

"Oh, glad to help." <He blushes, retrieving his glasses and deciding the soaked tuxedo was not worth putting back on.>
"Something personal?" <His curiousity piqued as he returned to the mud and fumbled around to reattach the tube. Having done so, he stood up and approached the holoduck, clasping his wing/hands behind his back.> "Sure, what can I do for you?"
 

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
<as he chats with the vixen, he notices a newcomer looking at them and waves politely through the glass.>



<the cat giggles at the lights and claps>
Love 'em!!! <he jumps up and joins in on the merriment outside, shaking his tail with glee while the boar looks on curiously>

I'm glad you enjoy them! <Selenelis stops dancing and the lights slowly fade away.> Oh? Do you have other guests to attend to? <the vixen notices the boar.>
 
Top