• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
I'm glad you enjoy them! <Selenelis stops dancing and the lights slowly fade away.> Oh? Do you have other guests to attend to? <the vixen notices the boar.>

Hmm? Oh no specifically...I tend to bounce around the party and greet everyone. I just noticed that boar just arrived, so I'll go chat in a moment, but he looks pretty comfortable. I'll meet up later when we go inside. Still though, you have a good idea, care to re-join the main dance downstairs, or want to stay out here a little while longer?

(also, who's Seleneis? You told me your name was "Anamaria" during the dance. <giggle>)

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius shakes body his in duck-like fashion, spraying a bit of water in all directions and runs his wing/hand over his crest, returning it to a more normal level of shagginess.>

"Oh, glad to help." <He blushes, retrieving his glasses and deciding the soaked tuxedo was not worth putting back on.>
"Something personal?" <His curiousity piqued as he returned to the mud and fumbled around to reattach the tube. Having done so, he stood up and approached the holoduck, clasping his wing/hands behind his back.> "Sure, what can I do for you?"

First, you should be cleaned up for comfort, please hold still. <an amber light shines on you as the mud and remaining water lifts off and floating in the air, collects in a ball then drops into the main pool> Now, to assist me, please retrieve the magnetic resonance nullifier from the utility cabinet and join me against the back wall near the location of the doorway please.

I have highlighted the correct tool for you in case you are unfamiliar with the device.
<she points to a small cabinet embedded into the wall. Opening it, you see a huge collection of completely unknown tools. One tool that looks like a wand with 2 buttons and a dial starts to glow blue. Taking it in your hand, you join her as she places her hand against a seemingly random spot on the plain back wall>

Please activate the device with the green button, set the dial to setting number 3, and pass it slowly over this general area for several seconds.
<as you do so to no apparent effect, you see her close her eyes and grin oddly. She then moves her hand a few centimeters to the right> Please wave here as well.

<as you do so, she smiles and nods> Thank you, that was sufficient to realign the tactile sensors embedded in this section of the structure. You may deactivate the device with the red button and return it to the storage location. <seeing your confused look as you hold the device still, she smiles and nods>

To explain in terms you might understand, I had an itch. Thank you for "scratching" it.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius smiles broadly but manages to stifle a laugh.>

"Oh, I didn't know that was a thing you could have, but I'm glad it's better."

Why yes, electromagnetic misalignment of tactile sensors causes feedback loops. A similar process occurs in your nerve clusters when stimulated through irritation, with the the difference being I cannot "scratch" myself and you can.

Why yes, electromagnetic misalignment of tactile sensors causes feedback loops. A similar process occurs in your nerve clusters when stimulated through irritation, with the the difference being I cannot "scratch" myself and you can.

<Marius nods, understanding the gist well enough, if none of the technical details.>

"You have really do have fantastic internal systems." <And with a look of sadness, continues.>
"I bet I could spend the rest of my life learning about them and I'd barely cover a fraction of a percent."

<He looks around, taking in the garden and pond and then his own feathered form, silently comparing their complexities. As the sunset fades to twilight, he turns back to the soft glow of the holoduck and changes the subject.>

"Now that that's taken care of, is there anything else I can assist you with?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius nods, understanding the gist well enough, if none of the technical details.>
"You have really do have fantastic internal systems." <And with a look of sadness, continues.>
"I bet I could spend the rest of my life learning about them and I'd barely cover a fraction of a percent."

<He looks around, taking in the garden and pond and then his own feathered form, silently comparing their complexities. As the sunset fades to twilight, he turns back to the soft glow of the holoduck and changes the subject.>

"Now that that's taken care of, is there anything else I can assist you with?"

<she smiles and nods> Thank you, I am glad you find my insides of interest, as your internal structure is fascinating as well. <with a wave you see a transparent copy of yourself appear beside you, mimicing your movements perfectly except that it has no feathery outside, like an x-ray. You can see it's heart beating in sync with your own as the organs shift as you move. With a shimmer, the other duck form disappears and she smiles> Organic systems are so self-contained with minimal redundancies but yet function so differently. It must feel odd to have warm liquid flowing through you constantly at regular intervals. Your time assessment of my systems is incorrect however. Previous experience with teaching others for maintenance purposes indicated that total learning would take between 8 and 12 years of your life, given your demonstrated intelligence factor. If you wish, I can try to explain terms in simpler terms if possible. For example, my tactile sensors mean I feel, like your sense of touch. Does that assist?

<she pauses as you ask what else to help with> All other maintenance tasks are either functioning normally or are beyond safety scope for repair. Current tactile destabilization locations total 176 currently and therefore not practical to assist with, however they are well within manageable limits. However I am detecting a disturbance in the kitchen with the staff concerning how to prepare the sushi rolls it would seem. Do you have any knowledge of taste when concerning...fish? It would seem a request has come in from a guest, most of the staff and Mambi are vegetarian, and I do not taste. If you are able to assist, that would be beneficial but again it is not required!

Last edited:
<she smiles and nods> Thank you, I am glad you find my insides of interest, as your internal structure is fascinating as well. <with a wave you see a transparent copy of yourself appear beside you, mimicing your movements perfectly except that it has no feathery outside, like an x-ray. You can see it's heart beating in sync with your own as the organs shift as you move. With a shimmer, the other duck form disappears and she smiles> Organic systems are so self-contained with minimal redundancies but yet function so differently. It must feel odd to have warm liquid flowing through you constantly at regular intervals. Your time assessment of my systems is incorrect however. Previous experience with teaching others for maintenance purposes indicated that total learning would take between 8 and 12 years of your life, given your demonstrated intelligence factor. If you wish, I can try to explain terms in simpler terms if possible. For example, my tactile sensors mean I feel, like your sense of touch. Does that assist?

"I guess, we don't really notice blood flow that much. But yeah, interacting with your avatar, I didn't realize you had a real sense of touch, too."
<Unsure of what else she can see or sense, and out an abundance of caution for not seeming creepy or saying anything inappropriate by accident, he leaves it at that.>

<she pauses as you ask what else to help with> All other maintenance tasks are either functioning normally or are beyond safety scope for repair. Current tactile destabilization locations total 176 currently and therefore not practical to assist with, however they are well within manageable limits. However I am detecting a disturbance in the kitchen with the staff concerning how to prepare the sushi rolls it would seem. Do you have any knowledge of taste when concerning...fish? It would seem a request has come in from a guest, most of the staff and Mambi are vegetarian, and I do not taste. If you are able to assist, that would be beneficial but again it is not required!

"Sushi?" <Marius perks up>
"I'm a diving sea duck. My diet is primarily fish, though I've expanded into different foods. I wouldn't mind taking a peek at what they're up to. And it's been awhile since I ate last."
<Trying to hide the evil grin he was unable to suppress, he picks up the wet tuxedo.>
"I'll just stop off to pick up my jacket and drop this off on the way."
"Shall we?" <He motions back to the party>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I guess, we don't really notice blood flow that much. But yeah, interacting with your avatar, I didn't realize you had a real sense of touch, too."
<Unsure of what else she can see or sense, and out an abundance of caution for not seeming creepy or saying anything inappropriate by accident, he leaves it at that.>

"Sushi?" <Marius perks up>
"I'm a diving sea duck. My diet is primarily fish, though I've expanded into different foods. I wouldn't mind taking a peek at what they're up to. And it's been awhile since I ate last."
<Trying to hide the evil grin he was unable to suppress, he picks up the wet tuxedo.>
"I'll just stop off to pick up my jacket and drop this off on the way."
"Shall we?" <He motions back to the party>

<she seems to smile wider for a moment as she tilts her head curiously>

You have forgotten that my avatar is for convenience? I am this structure, and the neutronoum-encased device I showed you earlier.

<she smiles as you look confused and explains politely> Yes, the nanofilaments that line the walls of this structure that are my particle sensors also act the same as the nerve clusters in your body, alerting to damage and causing the sensation of physical interaction. To simplify for your processing convenience, I "feel" everything that happens inside me, and all physical interactions with all structures including the floor, walls, and all devices. The more clusters, the more sensitive that particular location is to stimulation. All pain sensation is suppressed however, and redirected to alert-status only to avoid discomfort.

Query: Do you have locations that have higher concentrations of nerve clusters causing excess stimulation as well in your form?

At any rate, your assistance is appreciated and your experience is well demonstrated. I shall alert the staff of our impending arrival shortly.
<she closes her eyes for a moment, then re-opens them> They are awaiting us now and appear grateful, we should go. Your tuxedo can be disposed of in the particle recycler in the kitchen. Do you require another from the supply closet before entering?

<she seems to smile wider for a moment as she tilts her head curiously>
You have forgotten that my avatar is for convenience? I am this structure, and the neutronoum-encased device I showed you earlier.

<Marius blinks>

<she smiles as you look confused and explains politely> Yes, the nanofilaments that line the walls of this structure that are my particle sensors also act the same as the nerve clusters in your body, alerting to damage and causing the sensation of physical interaction. To simplify for your processing convenience, I "feel" everything that happens inside me, and all physical interactions with all structures including the floor, walls, and all devices. The more clusters, the more sensitive that particular location is to stimulation. All pain sensation is suppressed however, and redirected to alert-status only to avoid discomfort.

"Oh. That's neat."
<Marius nodded but couldn't help imagine the little duck in a red suit on his shoulder dancing for joy while the little duck in a white suit on his other shoulder scowled.>

Query: Do you have locations that have higher concentrations of nerve clusters causing excess stimulation as well in your form?

<Marius coughed a bit and wondered if his blushing caused him to glow as much as the holoduck. Just in case, he held the tuxedo a little lower in front of himself.>

"Um...yes, you could say that..."

<The red-suited duck had fallen over in laughter and the white-suited duck faced-palmed.>

At any rate, your assistance is appreciated and your experience is well demonstrated. I shall alert the staff of our impending arrival shortly. <she closes her eyes for a moment, then re-opens them> They are awaiting us now and appear grateful, we should go. Your tuxedo can be disposed of in the particle recycler in the kitchen. Do you require another from the supply closet before entering?

<Marius starts to walk with the holoduck.>
"I figured I'd pick up my jacket from the closet. I have a special set of sushi chopsticks in the pocket."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Oh. That's neat."
<Marius coughed a bit and wondered if his blushing caused him to glow as much as the holoduck. Just in case, he held the tuxedo a little lower in front of himself.>

"Um...yes, you could say that..."

<The red-suited duck had fallen over in laughter and the white-suited duck faced-palmed.>

<she tilts her head curiously> It would be interesting to map your body's tactile sensitivity at a future time. The experience would be quite educational!

<Marius starts to walk with the holoduck.>
"I figured I'd pick up my jacket from the closet. I have a special set of sushi chopsticks in the pocket."

Very well then, we should proceed! <she opens the doors and exits into the hallway. As you pass the supply closet, she waits outside while you enter and retrieve your original jacket. As you exit, Aurora points out the waste recycler for the original wet tuxedo and placing it inside, you see a red light break it down into glowing dust and the dust settles into a tube and gets carried away. As you re-emerge, we enter the original dance hall and go towards the back, where a bunch of rabbits are standing around a table peering and talking to themselves as a holorabbit watches with them. As you enter, they see you with the holoduck and turn as one as the holographic rabbit disappears and the head rabbit in his large chef's hat runs up to you frantically>

Oh thank goodness you're here!!! I have not prepared this before and am totally lost! What do I do??? Please, any help you can give would be great!

<as they part to let you pass, the holoduck staying put and watching with interest, you see a series of rice layers laid out, several sliced vegetables on plates, and assorted pastes and seeds all laid out to one side. On the other side, you see several full fish, completely intact and unprocessed, laying on a plate staring dead-eyed and smelling delicious. The head rabbit looks up at you pleadingly as the others gather around to hear your wisdom, various cooking tools in their hands>

<she tilts her head curiously> It would be interesting to map your body's tactile sensitivity at a future time. The experience would be quite educational!
<Marius nods.>
"For you and me, both." <he said quietly enough not to be heard.>

Very well then, we should proceed! <she opens the doors and exits into the hallway. As you pass the supply closet, she waits outside while you enter and retrieve your original jacket. As you exit, Aurora points out the waste recycler for the original wet tuxedo and placing it inside, you see a red light break it down into glowing dust and the dust settles into a tube and gets carried away.

<Marius pockets the unusual item found in the pond, intending to hand it off to the host. Putting on his leather jacket, he feels a lot more comfortable.>

As you re-emerge, we enter the original dance hall and go towards the back, where a bunch of rabbits are standing around a table peering and talking to themselves as a holorabbit watches with them. As you enter, they see you with the holoduck and turn as one as the holographic rabbit disappears and the head rabbit in his large chef's hat runs up to you frantically>

Oh thank goodness you're here!!! I have not prepared this before and am totally lost! What do I do??? Please, any help you can give would be great!

<as they part to let you pass, the holoduck staying put and watching with interest, you see a series of rice layers laid out, several sliced vegetables on plates, and assorted pastes and seeds all laid out to one side. On the other side, you see several full fish, completely intact and unprocessed, laying on a plate staring dead-eyed and smelling delicious. The head rabbit looks up at you pleadingly as the others gather around to hear your wisdom, various cooking tools in their hands>
<Marius can't resist savoring the moment and does the slow hero walk to the food. He stops at a sink to wash his feathers and then turns to the rabbits.>

"Well, let see what you have here. Yellow-fin, salmon, mackerel, and snapper!" <His mouth starts to water.> "Oh, this one is too small for sushi. What a shame."
<He tosses the little fish into the air and tilts his head back, catching it in bill and swallows it whole.>

"Now then. Looks like you have some carrot, cucumber, avocado, and rice, but first you have to prepare the fish!"

"This is going to be unpleasant" <Having warned the audience, he selects a larger salmon and takes it to a clean sink, picking up a very sharp, very large knife on the way.> "We have to remove the guts first". <He slices down the fish's belly and removes the insides, discarding them into the garbage, and then washes out the fish.>

<Some of the rabbits look a little green, so Marius moves quickly. He places the fish on a cutting board, and wipes it dry with a clean cloth.>
"Head to tail."
<He selects a butter knife and begins to scrape off the scales from both sides.> "Now we remove the scales tail to head and then rinse again."

<He switches back to the large knife.> "Just behind the gills here, cut down to the spine, then horizontally to the tail, like this."
<He flips the fish over and repeats for the other side, then discards the core of the fish.>
"You can trim the light part around the edges where the belly was." <which he does.>

"Now you see there are little pin bones down the length? You have to pull all of those out." <He proceeds to remove each pin bone and discards them.>

"And once that's done I'll cut along the skin to remove it and then cut this into smaller sections, and then into thin strips." <He continues to cut wildly enough that the rabbits step back.>

"Now the rice. A little salt, a little sugar and stir into rice wine like so. Pour it on the rice and mix it. And now the fun part!"

<He sets a little mat on the counter, lays the sheet of dark green Nori on top. He adds a layer of rice and sets strips of salmon, cucumber, and avocado and demonstrates rolling, squeezing, and rolling some more.>

"And now we have this log, which we can cut." <He cuts the log into slices>

"These end pieces, don't looks as nice as the others, so..." <He pops them into his mouth and eats them.>

"And that's-" <He takes another slice and eats it.> "-how you do it. Any questions?" <He takes another slice and eats it.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius nods.>
"For you and me, both." <he said quietly enough not to be heard.>

<Marius pockets the unusual item found in the pond, intending to hand it off to the host. Putting on his leather jacket, he feels a lot more comfortable.>

<Marius can't resist savoring the moment and does the slow hero walk to the food. He stops at a sink to wash his feathers and then turns to the rabbits.>

"Well, let see what you have here. Yellow-fin, salmon, mackerel, and snapper!" <His mouth starts to water.> "Oh, this one is too small for sushi. What a shame."
<He tosses the little fish into the air and tilts his head back, catching it in bill and swallows it whole.>

"Now then. Looks like you have some carrot, cucumber, avocado, and rice, but first you have to prepare the fish!"

"This is going to be unpleasant" <Having warned the audience, he selects a larger salmon and takes it to a clean sink, picking up a very sharp, very large knife on the way.> "We have to remove the guts first". <He slices down the fish's belly and removes the insides, discarding them into the garbage, and then washes out the fish.>

<Some of the rabbits look a little green, so Marius moves quickly. He places the fish on a cutting board, and wipes it dry with a clean cloth.>
"Head to tail."
<He selects a butter knife and begins to scrape off the scales from both sides.> "Now we remove the scales tail to head and then rinse again."

<He switches back to the large knife.> "Just behind the gills here, cut down to the spine, then horizontally to the tail, like this."
<He flips the fish over and repeats for the other side, then discards the core of the fish.>
"You can trim the light part around the edges where the belly was." <which he does.>

"Now you see there are little pin bones down the length? You have to pull all of those out." <He proceeds to remove each pin bone and discards them.>

"And once that's done I'll cut along the skin to remove it and then cut this into smaller sections, and then into thin strips." <He continues to cut wildly enough that the rabbits step back.>

"Now the rice. A little salt, a little sugar and stir into rice wine like so. Pour it on the rice and mix it. And now the fun part!"

<He sets a little mat on the counter, lays the sheet of dark green Nori on top. He adds a layer of rice and sets strips of salmon, cucumber, and avocado and demonstrates rolling, squeezing, and rolling some more.>

"And now we have this log, which we can cut." <He cuts the log into slices>

"These end pieces, don't looks as nice as the others, so..." <He pops them into his mouth and eats them.>

"And that's-" <He takes another slice and eats it.> "-how you do it. Any questions?" <He takes another slice and eats it.>

<the rabbits all crowd around as you start to prepare the fish, describing every movement. You can see the looks of horror in their eyes as they watch you dissect the fish one part at a time, 2 of them having to sit down as another comforts them and rubs their back gently. The head chef bunny tries hard to observe but himself is holding up his paw to his face, peering through his fingers while cringing. You can see him trying to make notes as to what parts are edible and what parts are disposable as you explain your technique. You watch 2 of the rabbits faint on the spot as you pull out the fish's spine, others rushing to their aid as the chef becomes slightly more comfortable with the pure meat sections, mimicking your knife skills in mime as you show him how to slice the strips. When asked abut any question, he shakes his head and thanking you, tries to collect himself, jotting notes in a pad nearby>

<meanwhile as you do so, you notice that the holoduck has approached the table with an odd fascination at the entire ordeal, smiling very widely as she moves extremely close to the fish, hovering above them inches away as you go through every part of the processing, like an explorer in a new land. She occasionally looks to see how the others are doing but always returns to watch very carefully every movement you are doing with an almost spooky level of interest.>

<as you start to cut the log, she turns to you and remarks casually and innocently>
I have never seen the inside of a biological organism before. Previous mapping was performed on living beings only through scanners but the detail level provided is not comparable to direct observation. Your skills at murder and corpse dissection are quite exemplary!

<she tilts her head curiously as the other rabbits start to recover more and serve up the slices on a tray to bring to the guest> Query: This does seems an extreme method to acquire nutrition however, as other food simply exists without the need for killing and excessive per-preparation. Is the taste sufficiently good to warrant the effort of death and horror required to acquire it?

Last edited:
<she tilts her head curiously as the other rabbits start to recover more and serve up the slices on a tray to bring to the guest> Query: This does seems an extreme method to acquire nutrition however, as other food simply exists without the need for killing and excessive per-preparation. Is the taste sufficiently good to warrant the effort of death and horror required to acquire it?
<Marius forced down his last bite and his proud smile fell away.>
"'Murder'? No, no they were already- I mean when you live half your life in the arctic you- the lineage of eating goes back for millions of years- They asked me to-"
<He looks around the room, seeing rabbits' reactions.>
"This was a bad idea."

<He looked down at the plate with a few remaining slices of his favorite food in the world and then turned to the holoduck.>

"'Horror'?"
<The word hit him and his heart sank.>
"I didn't mean to- I'm sorry! I- I should go. Excuse me."

<Marius lowered his head and walked out of the kitchen. He only quickened his pace as he passed the storage closet and dance hall. Once out of sight of any other guests, he took off into a sprint back to the garden, not knowing where else to go. It was dark and quiet as he ran through the garden but eventually Marius tripped on a root of a large tree and fell. He sat up and leaned against the tree, to catch his breath.>

"Real smooth, Romeo." <He imagined the red-suited duck again.>
"I hate to be the one to say, 'I told you so.'" <The white-suited duck added.> "Even if the night had gone perfectly, you'd still have to go home to your nest eventually. I don't know if this place is even in the same dimension as home, but even if it is, it might as well be on the far side of the universe, and you'd probably never see her again anyway."

<Marius sighed and dug through his pocket, taking out a small box. He opened it and looked at his prized possession of golden chopsticks with rubies and onyx stones.>

"Let's find the cat and go home." <White-suited duck said quietly.>

<Marius stood up and snapped the box shut. Then he threw the box as hard as he could into the darkness.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius forced down his last bite and his proud smile fell away.>
"'Murder'? No, no they were already- I mean when you live half your life in the arctic you- the lineage of eating goes back for millions of years- They asked me to-"
<He looks around the room, seeing rabbits' reactions.>
"This was a bad idea."

<He looked down at the plate with a few remaining slices of his favorite food in the world and then turned to the holoduck.>
"'Horror'?"
<The word hit him and his heart sank.>
"I didn't mean to- I'm sorry! I- I should go. Excuse me."

<Marius lowered his head and walked out of the kitchen. He only quickened his pace as he passed the storage closet and dance hall. Once out of sight of any other guests, he took off into a sprint back to the garden, not knowing where else to go. It was dark and quiet as he ran through the garden but eventually Marius tripped on a root of a large tree and fell. He sat up and leaned against the tree, to catch his breath.>

"Real smooth, Romeo." <He imagined the red-suited duck again.>
"I hate to be the one to say, 'I told you so.'" <The white-suited duck added.> "Even if the night had gone perfectly, you'd still have to go home to your nest eventually. I don't know if this place is even in the same dimension as home, but even if it is, it might as well be on the far side of the universe, and you'd probably never see her again anyway."

<Marius sighed and dug through his pocket, taking out a small box. He opened it and looked at his prized possession of golden chopsticks with rubies and onyx stones.>

"Let's find the cat and go home." <White-suited duck said quietly.>

<Marius stood up and snapped the box shut. Then he threw the box as hard as he could into the darkness.>

<as you stand in the garden trying to compose yourself, you jump back startled as with a shimmer, the holoduck re-appears before you and bows deeply, a slight urgency and a pleading look showing in her eyes, as best you can tell anyway>

Please do not run away again for the next few moments, as I believe I have to apologize to you.

After your abrupt departure, the primary chef explained to me the error in my morality subroutine when concerning lifeforms as food and their limited sentience. My error was caused as the actions performed to the lifeform and subsequent reactions during dissection pattern-matched 99.3% of a reference entertainment subcategory deemed "horror movie" and "gore", therefore the categorization was applied erroneously. My morality subroutine has been updated with the new information provided, and thus I assure you this error will not be applied in the future.
<she rises from her bow and smiles widely, affection showing in her eyes still you're sure.>

<she looks almost sheepish as she deadpan-explains> It is important to me that you know that I did not wish to imply that you acted in any immoral or negative behaviour, and if I did, I am sorry for the confusion. In fact, the chef wishes for me to inform you that your skills were greatly appreciated, and that the meal was deemed above-excellent by the recipient guest. If you wish to return at a later time, he would like very much to express his gratitude personally, but in the interim he asked that I express his thanks in teaching how to convert the dead fish's body into usable food.

<seeing your continued discomfort, she approaches you closely, placing her arm around you intangibly and reassures you> If it assists in your comfort, despite my continued wording choices to be inadequate, I found the entire experience quite fascinating from a biological and sociological point of view. The concepts behind biomatter consumption are unknown to me and I acted out of ignorance apparently. I will investigate food preparation in the future if I can approximate "taste" in my sensors. Perhaps you can assist in this education at some later time? At any rate, I apologize for making you uncomfortable in my ignorance.

<she tilts her head curiously>
Immediate query requested for clarification however: during your demonstration several of the fish were eaten by you completely intact before you processed them, yet your instructions to the chef implied that further removal of organs and skeletal structure was required. Is this unusual or is processing optional for your species?

<she tilts her head curiously> Immediate query requested for clarification however: during your demonstration several of the fish were eaten by you completely intact before you processed them, yet your instructions to the chef implied that further removal of organs and skeletal structure was required. Is this unusual or is processing optional for your species?

<Marius listens nods.>
"I was afraid you thought of me as a monster, or something." <He said quietly.> "I'm sorry for running off. I feel like an idiot."
<Marius turns to the holoduck and gives her a sheepish smile.>
"Diving ducks go back millions of years and primarily ate fish. That's all there was when they lived in very cold climates. It's not exactly civilized today, but we're still adapted to eat the whole fish. For others, the bones can be a choking hazard or cause internal lacerations. Toxins tend to be concentrated in the organs so it's not the best to eat them."

"I'm glad you're not upset with me."

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius listens nods.>
"I was afraid you thought of me as a monster, or something." <He said quietly.> "I'm sorry for running off. I feel like an idiot."
<Marius turns to the holoduck and gives her a sheepish smile.>
"Diving ducks go back millions of years and primarily ate fish. That's all there was when they lived in very cold climates. It's not exactly civilized today, but we're still adapted to eat the whole fish. For others, the bones can be a choking hazard or cause internal lacerations. Toxins tend to be concentrated in the organs so it's not the best to eat them."

"I'm glad your not upset with me."

I was not upset with you...I don't believe I could be upset even if it was justified, which it objectively is not. I am glad you are feeling better about the experience however. Your internal structure's adaptation to the ability to consume fish unprocessed is remarkable. Most of Mambi's guests require their food to be prepared extensively and it is rare for a guest to require previously-conscious food, so I have little experience in this matter. The chef has already explained the distinction between plant and animal biomatter before I appeared here, so I believe I understand more now. You do not require embarrassment over the enjoyment of the creature.

<confused tilt> Query: "Monster"? Sub-reference: evil, destructive, immoral, irrational, unintelligent. None of these terms apply to you so no, you are not a monster at all. Did my inquiry cause you to create this association in yourself??? It was not my intention to make you feel like one, so I am sorry for my ignorance creating this belief in you. <she lowers her head slightly> Casual social interaction is...difficult...for me at times, due to the limitations of my programming emotional template, but I can assure you I was merely fascinated by your skills and the fish and remind you I will endeavor to use appropriate terminology in the future.

Assuming this is correct wording, can you..."forgive me"?
<she looks up with a look of slight concern, as it seems apparently some traces of emotion survived the imprinting process despite her explanation earlier>

I was not upset with you...I don't believe I could be upset even if it was justified, which it objectively is not. I am glad you are feeling better about the experience however. Your internal structure's adaptation to the ability to consume fish unprocessed is remarkable. Most of Mambi's guests require their food to be prepared extensively and it is rare for a guest to require previously-conscious food, so I have little experience in this matter. The chef has already explained the distinction between plant and animal biomatter before I appeared here, so I believe I understand more now. You do not require embarrassment over the enjoyment of the creature.

<confused tilt> Query: "Monster"? Sub-reference: evil, destructive, immoral, irrational, unintelligent. None of these terms apply to you so no, you are not a monster at all. Did my inquiry cause you to create this association in yourself??? It was not my intention to make you feel like one, so I am sorry for my ignorance creating this belief in you. <she lowers her head slightly> Casual social interaction is...difficult...for me at times, due to the limitations of my programming emotional template, but I can assure you I was merely fascinated by your skills and the fish and remind you I will endeavor to use appropriate terminology in the future.

Assuming this is correct wording, can you..."forgive me"?
<she looks up with a look of slight concern, as it seems apparently some traces of emotion survived the imprinting process despite her explanation earlier>

"Oh, there's nothing to forgive; my worry was all in my head. If anything, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions and causing any concern."
<He flashed a reassuring smile.>
"Casual social interaction can definitely be hard. Especially with someone you lo-llllike. Like! Someone you like! Uh, you know, I bet the rabbits might like some vegetarian sushi recipes."
<Marius looks at the holoduck nervously and manages to add:>
"Like a lot."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Oh, there's nothing to forgive; my worry was all in my head. If anything, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions and causing any concern."
<He flashed a reassuring smile.>
"Casual social interaction can definitely be hard. Especially with someone you lo-llllike. Like! Someone you like! Uh, you know, I bet the rabbits might like some vegetarian sushi recipes."
<Marius looks at the holoduck nervously and manages to add:>
"Like a lot."

<she looks at you curiously for a moment, then continues unabated>
Your worry was not warranted but my experience has shown that worry is often unwarranted in organics due to uncontrolled emotion negating logic. No further concern is required on the matter, as we are quite "fine" and I still prefer your company to many others. It is pleasing to me that you like me, as I like you too. You are good at "scratching my itches." <she smiles wide and slowly winks. Was that an attempt at a joke on her part? You grin at the effort anyway.>

If you wish to return to the kitchen, your idea is logical and the head chef still wishes to express his gratitude. Before we go, this belongs to you.
<as she turns to the darkness, you see a column of water lift like a tendril similar to earlier when you repaired the water tube, but this time holding your thrown box. It balances the box as it shifts to you and reaching past the "shoreline", sets it by your feet, then disperses back into the water. She nods and points to the door>

Shall we proceed, or do you require more time to recover from your panic?

<she looks at you curiously for a moment, then continues unabated> Your worry was not warranted but my experience has shown that worry is often unwarranted in organics due to uncontrolled emotion negating logic. No further concern is required on the matter, as we are quite "fine" and I still prefer your company to many others. It is pleasing to me that you like me, as I like you too. You are good at "scratching my itches." <she smiles wide and slowly winks. Was that an attempt at a joke on her part? You grin at the effort anyway.>

If you wish to return to the kitchen, your idea is logical and the head chef still wishes to express his gratitude. Before we go, this belongs to you. <as she turns to the darkness, you see a column of water lift like a tendril similar to earlier when you repaired the water tube, but this time holding your thrown box. It balances the box as it shifts to you and reaching past the "shoreline", sets it by your feet, then disperses back into the water. She nods and points to the door>

Shall we proceed, or do you require more time to recover from your panic?

<Marius knelt down and picked up the box. He peeked inside and seeing the chopsticks were intact, closed it.>
"Thank you." <He said quietly and pocketed the box.> "For everything."
<He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked into the holoduck's eyes.> "I prefer your company, too. More than you know."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius knelt down and picked up the box. He peeked inside and seeing the chopsticks were intact, closed it.>
"Thank you." <He said quietly and pocketed the box.> "For everything."
<He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked into the holoduck's eyes.> "I prefer your company, too. More than you know."

You are quite welcome, but if you believe I need to know more about your company preference with me, you are free to inform me at any time.

<she walks with you out the main doors, down the hallway, and into the main kitchen area. As you enter, the head chef turns and with a look of happiness, rushes up to you and walking clean through the holoduck, starts shaking your hand vigorously as a few others turn and wave politely>

I'm glad you're back, yo ran off before I could thank you for your help!!! We normally don't deal with meats in raw form here. The rare times that we have to provide a carnivorous diet the meat is usually already cut and in the form we need, or we have an excellent tofu equivalent. <sigh> But bad luck and all, the guest brought his own and just assumed we knew what to do with it I guess. <smiles and points to his large ears> Not all of us are hunters he forgot. But thank you again, you saved the day!!! There are still a few segments left over in the status field if you'd like any more? Again, I do apologize for the discomfort in my staff and myself though, like I said it's unusual for us to...

<suddenly you hear a loud scream and the shattering of several dishes pierces the air. As everyone turns to see the source of the commotion, you see the same rabbit from earlier that you have been "abusing" since you arrived standing in shock and fear at the sight of you, having just entered the room moments ago. As he stands trembling in pure terror, he slips on the food he dropped, and scrambling to get to his feet, rushes out of the room at top speed like he's being chased by a coyote, as 2 other rabbits bolt after him to check on him>

<the head chef looks perplexed but turns back to you
> Ummm, do you and Lucien know each other somehow?

Last edited:
<she walks with you out the main doors, down the hallway, and into the main kitchen area. As you enter, the head chef turns and with a look of happiness, rushes up to you and walking clean through the holoduck, starts shaking your hand vigorously as a few others turn and wave politely>

<Marius sheepishly smiles and returns a little wave.>

<the head chef looks perplexed but turns back to you> Ummm, do you and Lucien know each other somehow?

<Marius shrugs.> "Hm, he didn't look familiar. Anyway, I felt bad about running out earlier but Aurora explained everything. I actually have some vegetarian sushi recipes that you might like, too."

<Marius digs through his pockets and finds a sheet of paper containing a few handwritten recipes for vegetarian sushi rolls with rice, and various vegetables and sauces.>
"Watch out for that wasabi."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius shrugs.> "Hm, he didn't look familiar. Anyway, I felt bad about running out earlier but Aurora explained everything. I actually have some vegetarian sushi recipes that you might like, too."

<Marius digs through his pockets and finds a sheet of paper containing a few handwritten recipes for vegetarian sushi rolls with rice, and various vegetables and sauces.>
"Watch out for that wasabi."

Ah yes, Mambi's artificial intelligence Aurora...she was confused about the idea of "meat as food", so I had to explain to her the difference. I hope she understands now.

<she turns to the chef and answers> I believe I do and thank you for...

<he continues talking directly to you, completely ignoring her> At any rate, I am always interested in expanding my culinary repertoire! I'm afraid I don't write everything down but I can recite any that you might be interested in if you want. We use real wasabi in this place though so we are quite ready for the spice <he smiles proudly>. Were you aware that most wasabi available outside the continent of Japan is actually coloured horseradish? It's true! But please, come in back and I'll get my notebook...

<he turns and walks right through the holoduck again as if she wasn't even there, as she simply watches nonchalantly then whispers to you>
As I have said, I prefer your company greatly...this is an example why. <she grins and reaches to "hold" your hand>

<he turns and walks right through the holoduck again as if she wasn't even there, as she simply watches nonchalantly then whispers to you>
As I have said, I prefer your company greatly...this is an example why. <she grins and reaches to "hold" your hand>

<The first time the chef passed through the holoduck did not go unnoticed, but still embarrassed about previously misreading the situation, Marius didn't mention it. Cutting her off annoyed Marius a little more, but seeing him walk through her the second made him scowl and ruffle his feathers. He shot a concerned look at Aurora and gladly "held" her hand. He was no longer interested in sushi or wasabi.>

"That was quite rude." <He whispered to her through clenched bill, then pleaded> "Please tell me that's not typical around here."

<The two started to follow the chef to the back.>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
At any rate @Foxy Emy , come downstairs and we can dance out furry tails off! Meetcha downstairs!

<he stands up and enters the main doors, making a point to stop and visit the relaxing boar (@PC Master Race ) as he passes him>

Hi there! Sorry to interrupt your stargazing, but I never got a chance to greet you when you arrived and thought I should introduce myself. Name's Mambi, and this is my little realm away from realm! <he bows and smiles> Make yourself at home, lots to play with here. <giggle> I was just going to go dancing downstairs in a minute, but need anything before I go?

PC Master Race

At any rate @Foxy Emy , come downstairs and we can dance out furry tails off! Meetcha downstairs!

<he stands up and enters the main doors, making a point to stop and visit the relaxing boar (@PC Master Race ) as he passes him>

Hi there! Sorry to interrupt your stargazing, but I never got a chance to greet you when you arrived and thought I should introduce myself. Name's Mambi, and this is my little realm away from realm! <he bows and smiles> Make yourself at home, lots to play with here. <giggle> I was just going to go dancing downstairs in a minute, but need anything before I go?
The boar perks his ears as he hears the cat greeting him, and looks over.

"Oh uh, hi there. Name's Jin. Just stumbled upon this place of yours through a portal... in my house."

He chuckles a bit.

"I think I'll be good for now, thanks. If I do need anything I'll let ya know, a'ight ?"