• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Ah, excellent. I suppose I'm off to the observatory then."
<Gimhe obtains directions, delivers a curt nod, then wanders off.>

<following the directions obtained, you works your way through the dance floor, go past the dining room area, and up into the staircase. Passing several guests snacking on chips and other treats, you open the labelled door and sees several large eyepieces attached to mountainous telescopes, all linked to a series of chairs and computer consoles. One chair is attached to a VR style headset which a wolf is currently enjoying. Along the right wall you see several guests casually taking pictures through a portal with a safety barrier in front of it that looking in the hole leads to what seems to be an alien landscape, with purple glowing rocks and an tangerine skyline. The walls are covered in electronic displays and maps of stars and other unknown planets and objects, while several ferrets are observing a black hole on a monitor destroying a star in detail far beyond what you have ever seen. A group of wolves are wearing goggles and observing a star through a filtered display, while several other skunks lay back on a balcony and are just looking at the skyline through a ceiling window.>

<You take a moment to take it all in before proceeding...>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
If all are invited, does that mean I can join?

<as you peek through the rift with paper in hand, you observe a full on dance rave in progress, as several guests smile and nod to you in a friendly manner. You see the cat dancing with several guests off to the side, as he notices your head emerging from the rift and waves you in. You see a small rabbit carrying a tray of juices approaching you as the music and lights play invitingly and you decide whether to enter fully or not.>

GentleButter

Lin, the Oni
<following the directions obtained, you works your way through the dance floor, go past the dining room area, and up into the staircase. Passing several guests snacking on chips and other treats, you open the labelled door and sees several large eyepieces attached to mountainous telescopes, all linked to a series of chairs and computer consoles. One chair is attached to a VR style headset which a wolf is currently enjoying. Along the right wall you see several guests casually taking pictures through a portal with a safety barrier in front of it that looking in the hole leads to what seems to be an alien landscape, with purple glowing rocks and an tangerine skyline. The walls are covered in electronic displays and maps of stars and other unknown planets and objects, while several ferrets are observing a black hole on a monitor destroying a star in detail far beyond what you have ever seen. A group of wolves are wearing goggles and observing a star through a filtered display, while several other skunks lay back on a balcony and are just looking at the skyline through a ceiling window.>

<You take a moment to take it all in before proceeding...>
<Gimhe raises a puzzled brow at the wolf's choice in fashionable headwear. He hardly doubts the hound can see anything, and this is made more evident by his flailing about. Gimhe summons another Holo bunny and begins the journey of figuring out how to obtain reading material. This was quite the endeavor, as there was not a single page to be seen about the place. However, once he became more accustomed to the device he was lent, he politely dismissed the holo bunny and found a corner with two introverts to quietly study by.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<after her initial greeting, the bunny points you to the location of surplus portable console interface tablets, and walks you through the basic navigation of the menu system. You see a variety of topics concerning portals and cybernetics, ranging from quantum entanglement to advanced string theories. You see the ability to access video files as well as project to the wall surfaces if required. She explains the VR interfaces for inside-exploration of the system, and as you express your comfort and dismiss her, the bunny nods and disappears>

<As you approach the 2 quiet readers, they look up and grin politely but immediately return to their own literature, totally engaged in their studies>

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<as you peek through the rift with paper in hand, you observe a full on dance rave in progress, as several guests smile and nod to you in a friendly manner. You see the cat dancing with several guests off to the side, as he notices your head emerging from the rift and waves you in. You see a small rabbit carrying a tray of juices approaching you as the music and lights play invitingly and you decide whether to enter fully or not.>
A lone human exited the rift, dressed in simple blue-and-white mage's robes. He looked to be somewhere in his fifties, with emerald eyes and neat, short brown hair that stopped just above his ears.
On his left hip, was a simple European longsword, with an encrusted emerald in the pommel and sitting neatly in its snug scabbard. He made no move to even have his hands even go near the weapon.

Seeing the rabbit approach him with the tray of drinks, he gave a simple friendly smile, gingerly plucking one from the tray.
"Thank you," he said simply and with a nod, deciding to move further into the heart of the party.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
A lone human exited the rift, dressed in simple blue-and-white mage's robes. He looked to be somewhere in his fifties, with emerald eyes and neat, short brown hair that stopped just above his ears.
On his left hip, was a simple European longsword, with an encrusted emerald in the pommel and sitting neatly in its snug scabbard. He made no move to even have his hands even go near the weapon.

Seeing the rabbit approach him with the tray of drinks, he gave a simple friendly smile, gingerly plucking one from the tray.
"Thank you," he said simply and with a nod, deciding to move further into the heart of the party.

<a variety of creatures dance around you, occasionally gently bumping into you with a polite apology. Excusing himself for a moment from his own dancing partners, the cat's eyes glow and a small shimmering rift opens beside him and beside where you're standing. As the cat enters his rift, he emerges from the other and the rifts close as the glow in his eyes fade. He smiles widely and extends his paw in greetings>

Hello there, and welcome to the party!! I see you got a drink, awesome...if you want anything else there's lots in the back dining area. I recommend the cold flambe personally. <giggle> But I'm rambling...let's get you settled in, and if you need anything, just push the red button for a holobunny to help you out, ok?

Speaking of munchies, be right back, just getting some snacks...<with glowing eyes, he quickly opens another rift and dives into it as it re-seals behind him...>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Gimhe raises a puzzled brow at the wolf's choice in fashionable headwear. He hardly doubts the hound can see anything, and this is made more evident by his flailing about. Gimhe summons another Holo bunny and begins the journey of figuring out how to obtain reading material. This was quite the endeavor, as there was not a single page to be seen about the place. However, once he became more accustomed to the device he was lent, he politely dismissed the holo bunny and found a corner with two introverts to quietly study by.

<as you examine the works in front of you fascinated by their advanced theories, you cross-reference the name "Landru" and see that he was a designer of a robotic computer system for many planets through the known universe. You see many references to several computer systems based around several lifeforms and note the planet Beta III in the C-111 system is currently in advanced research phases of an advanced Landru-based unit for planetary control. It cross-references you to several odd texts and references to a fleet of starships that are scheduled to arrive in the year 2167 earth-reference>

(bonus group hugs to anyone who gets the reference! PM me if you know it to claim your prize! <wink>)

Last edited:

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<a variety of creatures dance around you, occasionally gently bumping into you with a polite apology. Excusing himself for a moment from his own dancing partners, the cat's eyes glow and a small shimmering rift opens beside him and beside where you're standing. As the cat enters his rift, he emerges from the other and the rifts close as the glow in his eyes fade. He smiles widely and extends his paw in greetings>

Hello there, and welcome to the party!! I see you got a drink, awesome...if you want anything else there's lots in the back dining area. I recommend the cold flambe personally. <giggle> But I'm rambling...let's get you settled in, and if you need anything, just push the red button for a holobunny to help you out, ok?

Speaking of munchies, be right back, just getting some snacks...<with glowing eyes, he quickly opens another rift and dives into it as it re-seals behind him...>
The human simply observed the feline for a moment, watching as the cat disappeared back into the rift. Of all the places in the Omniverse he had to be summoned to...
Shaking his head, he quelled any rude or preposterous thoughts, deciding that perhaps he should take a break from his duties and enjoy himself.
He did, however, have to be back before long or the work gets piled up.

A party like this would be something more akin to his protege, but he was off gallivanting about with a multiversal private military. He should really knock some sense into that boy.
Sitting himself down on a nearby couch, he finished his drink off rather quickly, reclining back and draping an arm over the spine of the furniture.
It wasn't really a bad place to be - and perhaps he was just jaded; the music choice wasn't terrible, either and it was entertaining in its own right to watch people enjoy themselves as well.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Sitting himself down on a nearby couch, he finished his drink off rather quickly, reclining back and draping an arm over the spine of the furniture.
It wasn't really a bad place to be - and perhaps he was just jaded; the music choice wasn't terrible, either and it was entertaining in its own right to watch people enjoy themselves as well.

<as you relax, you see a shimmering rift appear where you were standing, and the cat emerges carrying a plate of cheeses and fruit. As the rift re-seals itself, he looks around quickly for you, and finding you on the couch approaches and offers you the tray>

Ah there you are, and I see you're cozy! Please, help yourself to anything...I just have to check on on the preparations for the dance and karaoke contest...<the cat pushes the red button on a console, and a static-y shimmering semi-transparent female rabbit appears and addresses the cat>

"Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?"
"Aurora, what is the status of the dance and song contests planned?"
"Preparations are currently 96% complete based on given parameters. Estimation time to completion is 19 minutes 43 seconds."
"Excellent, thank you! I can't wait to see the room, it'll be soooo cool!!!"

<overcome with excitement, he quickly sets the tray down on a side table, and with glowing eyes opens another rift and quickly dives into it, presumably to see the room in question. However, having completely forgotten to dismiss the holobunny, she stands confused for a moment awaiting instructions, then looking around randomly sees you sitting in the couch and turns to address you.>

Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<as you relax, you see a shimmering rift appear where you were standing, and the cat emerges carrying a plate of cheeses and fruit. As the rift re-seals itself, he looks around quickly for you, and finding you on the couch approaches and offers you the tray>

Ah there you are, and I see you're cozy! Please, help yourself to anything...I just have to check on on the preparations for the dance and karaoke contest...<the cat pushes the red button on a console, and a static-y shimmering semi-transparent female rabbit appears and addresses the cat>

"Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?"
"Aurora, what is the status of the dance and song contests planned?"
"Preparations are currently 96% complete based on given parameters. Estimation time to completion is 19 minutes 43 seconds."
"Excellent, thank you! I can't wait to see the room, it'll be soooo cool!!!"

<overcome with excitement, he quickly sets the tray down on a side table, and with glowing eyes opens another rift and quickly dives into it, presumably to see the room in question. However, having completely forgotten to dismiss the holobunny, she stands confused for a moment awaiting instructions, then looking around randomly sees you sitting in the couch and turns to address you.>

Greetings and welcome. How may I assist you?

He was quick to wave a hand in dismissal at the holobunny, not even phased in the slightest by its appearance.
"I don't need anything, thank you," he said, before catching himself and holding up a finger.
"Actually, wait... I could use some company."

While the prospect of company itself was something that wasn't foreign to the man, he doubted he'd get much conversation out of a VI - if any at all. It was enough to keep his thoughts occupied, and for the moment, was all that mattered to the man.
Sitting back further into the couch, he gave a pointed look at the holobunny.
"Do you have a name?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
He was quick to wave a hand in dismissal at the holobunny, not even phased in the slightest by its appearance.
"I don't need anything, thank you," he said, before catching himself and holding up a finger.
"Actually, wait... I could use some company."

While the prospect of company itself was something that wasn't foreign to the man, he doubted he'd get much conversation out of a VI - if any at all. It was enough to keep his thoughts occupied, and for the moment, was all that mattered to the man.
Sitting back further into the couch, he gave a pointed look at the holobunny.
"Do you have a name?"

<the bunny nods and addresses you politely yet robotically> I may be addressed as Aurora if you require designation. To assist you in obtaining company there are currently 78 guests in viable positions for companionship, or I can accompany you if you desire. I also can assist in access to the database systems for any entertainment or research needs you may have, as well as guide you throughout the realm's substructures and features.

<she tilts her head slightly with a smile> Do you have any interests or needs that I may assist with at the present time?

Last edited:

The-Courier

Shipmaster
<the bunny nods and addresses you politely yet robotically> I may be addressed as Aurora if you require designation. To assist you in obtaining company there are currently 78 guests in viable positions for companionship, or I can accompany you if you desire. I also can assist in access to the database systems for any entertainment or research needs you may have, as well as guide you throughout the realm's substructures and features.

<she tilts her head slightly with a smile> Do you have any interests or needs that I may assist with at the present time?
Aurora. A good name; befitting, he supposed for something of her nature. He knew what she was designed for - it was quite obvious, but even still he made no move to tell her that. Why should he? It would be ultimately seen as a rude gesture and he wasn't sure if she'd understand at all.
"Aurora's a lovely name," he replied with a friendly smile and an even friendlier nod.

"I don't think I need anything specific except for some present company at this very moment."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Aurora. A good name; befitting, he supposed for something of her nature. He knew what she was designed for - it was quite obvious, but even still he made no move to tell her that. Why should he? It would be ultimately seen as a rude gesture and he wasn't sure if she'd understand at all.
"Aurora's a lovely name," he replied with a friendly smile and an even friendlier nod.

"I don't think I need anything specific except for some present company at this very moment."

<the rabbit stares at you pleasantly and smiles, an innocence in her replies as the lights from the party shine through her>

Thank you, the designation Aurora was provided due to the attachment of the original designer to his biological offspring. If nothing specific is required at the moment then yes I would be happy to provide company to you, but unfortunately I must inform you there is no scenario where I could be offered as a present in any form, due to my complete integration into the structure you are currently residing in. <she lowers her head for a moment as she says this and folds her hands innocently in front of her, then raises her head and moves closer as if to stand to your side as you sit>

Please do not hesitate to speak of any topics that provide relaxation to you, as I am happy to converse as long as you wish...or of course if I may assist you in any other way. <she smiles and stands motionless with her hands folded politely, presumably awaiting any further instructions>

NightmareEyes

Another rift opens, and a white, spotted black cat steps through, glancing around with curious red eyes. His fur, from what is visible, seems to be messy and tangled. Everywhere except his head and neck, where it's meticulously groomed and glints like silk in the light of the party. He seems more perturbed by the party itself than the fact that he walked through a dimensional rift to get there. Dressed in a simple black hoodie and jeans, paws tucked deep in his hoodie's pockets, he glances anxiously around, patrolling the outskirts of the room, far away from any dancing and partying. His eyes dart back and forth from happy guest to happy guest, searching for someone who looked as lonely as he felt.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Another rift opens, and a white, spotted black cat steps through, glancing around with curious red eyes. His fur, from what is visible, seems to be messy and tangled. Everywhere except his head and neck, where it's meticulously groomed and glints like silk in the light of the party. He seems more perturbed by the party itself than the fact that he walked through a dimensional rift to get there. Dressed in a simple black hoodie and jeans, paws tucked deep in his hoodie's pockets, he glances anxiously around, patrolling the outskirts of the room, far away from any dancing and partying. His eyes dart back and forth from happy guest to happy guest, searching for someone who looked as lonely as he felt.

<as the spotted cat scans the room, the beat of the music flowing through the air like an energy of itself, he avoids the temptation to watch the groups of dancers and sees several guests seated comfortably against recliners and chairs smiling and chatting among themselves while sipping their own beverages. A female deer looks up and seeing you looking her way smiles and beckons invitingly to an empty chair. A small rabbit carrying a tray of juices and cheeses approaches you and stops before you>

Welcome, please help yourself, and if you'd like there is more in the dining room to the right. Our host Mambi is currently checking on the preparations for the dance and karaoke contest, but should be with us shortly. I must go soon but please press the red button if you have any problems at all and a holobunny will be with you instantly. <he folds his hands and waits politely while looking over the crowd dutifully>

NightmareEyes

"Thank you." A warm smile spreads over the cat's features as he carefully takes a glass of juice and gives it an experimental sip. Finding it to his liking, he gives a thankful nod to the rabbit and accepts the deer's invitation, flashing her the same smile as he settles in softly next to her, sinking into the comfortable cushions with a purr. He takes another sip of the drink before turning to look at the deer in her soft, brown eyes. "Some party, huh?" he says, speaking just over the sound of the crowd.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Thank you." A warm smile spreads over the cat's features as he carefully takes a glass of juice and gives it an experimental sip. Finding it to his liking, he gives a thankful nod to the rabbit and accepts the deer's invitation, flashing her the same smile as he settles in softly next to her, sinking into the comfortable cushions with a purr. He takes another sip of the drink before turning to look at the deer in her soft, brown eyes. "Some party, huh?" he says, speaking just over the sound of the crowd.

<the deer nods and raises her hoof, trying to be heard over the music> For sure! He throws one every once and a while...opens the whole place up and usually gets quite the crowd! Good thing the place is like huuuuge! <she laughs and waves her arm around the place, then with a quick thought presses a red button on a console. A shimmering semi-transparent bunny appears and addresses the deer robotically yet politely>

"Greeting and welcome. How may I assist you? "

"Ummm, hi there, um...can you, like...tell me how many people are here today?

<she nods her head slightly> "Certainly, if by 'here' you mean this realm there are currently 137 visitors spread around 15 zones inside and outside, including the observatory and garden and forest regions, with slight variances every 1.75 hours. If by 'here' you mean this immediate area, there are currently 38 individuals within your immediate area and adjacent rooms. If you mean here at this console there are 3." <she smiles innocently while the deer's friend tries to hold back giggling unsuccessfully>

"Um, great, thank you. You can go now please." <the bunny nods and with a static-y shimmer, disappears into thin air>.

<the deer sighs in relief for some reason, and leaning in talks softer into your ear in secrecy> That's a useful tool Mambi has built into this area, but I have to admit...she creeps me out a bit every time I talk to her, and I really don't know why. <shudders slightly and returns to normal sitting and volume> But anyway, like I said, lots of partiers here! Me, I prefer the lounging corners...not really a dancer but love feeling the vibe, you know what I mean? <she smiles and takes another sip of her drink, waving while her friend steps up to dance with a group of skunks> Mambi though, he loves dancing...odds are you'll see him glide in at some point shaking his tail. <laugh> What about you, you seem like a cool cat, what are you into?

Last edited:

NightmareEyes

<the deer nods and raises her hoof, trying to be heard over the music> For sure! He throws one every once and a while...opens the whole place up and usually gets quite the crowd! Good thing the place is like huuuuge! <she laughs and waves her arm around the place, then with a quick thought presses a red button on a console. A shimmering semi-transparant bunny appears and addresses the deer robotically yet politely>

"Greeting and welcome. How may I assist you? "

"Ummm, hi there, um...can you, like...tell me how many people are here today?

<she nods her head slightly> "Certainly, if by 'here' you mean this realm there are currently 137 visitors spread around 15 zones inside and outside, including the observatory and garden and forest regions, with slight variances every 1.75 hours. If by 'here' you mean this immediate area, there are currently 38 individuals within your immediate area and adjacent rooms. If you mean here at this console there are 3." <she smiles innocently while the deer's friend tries to hold back giggling unsuccessfully>

"Um, great, thank you. You can go now please." <the bunny nods and with a static-y shimmer, disappears into this air>.

<the deer sighs in relief for some reason, and leaning in talks softer into your ear in secrecy> That's a useful tool Mambi has built into this area, but I have to admit...she creeps me out a bit every time I talk to her, and I really don't know why. <shudders slightly and returns to normal sitting and volume> But anyway, like I said, lots of partiers here! Me, I prefer the lounging corners...not really a dancer but love feeling the vibe, you know what I mean? <she smiles and takes another sip of her drink, waving while her friend steps up to dance with a group of skunks> Mambi though, he loves dancing...odds are you'll see him glide in at some point shaking his tail. <laugh> What about you, you seem like a cool cat, what are you into?
The cat takes another sip as he considers the question.

"Not a whole lot. Reading, I guess, but I haven't done a whole lot of that recently. Video games, horror...oh! And meeting new people. Occasionally. Basically, I like things that keep me away from this kind of scene." He said, gesturing around them.

"But hey. When a cat pops through an interdimensional portal and invites you to a party, it's not like you're going to refuse."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The cat takes another sip as he considers the question.

"Not a whole lot. Reading, I guess, but I haven't done a whole lot of that recently. Video games, horror...oh! And meeting new people. Occasionally. Basically, I like things that keep me away from this kind of scene." He said, gesturing around them.

"But hey. When a cat pops through an interdimensional portal and invites you to a party, it's not like you're going to refuse."

<she laughs> Yeah, I'm not big into the club dancing either really, but Sheila over there is. <points to her friend and thinks a moment> Well regardless of why you came, I'm glad you're here for one. <smiles radiantly> Say, she's doing just fine for now it seems...how'd you like to go see the garden paths or the observatory with me? They're both away from the noise and usually not as populated so great to get away from it all...and it is crowded and noisy here but Sheila loves it and...

<she catches herself and blushes, embarrassed> Oh my...I'm being too forward, I'm sorry...I...we can stay here as well if you prefer... <she turns away with reddening cheeks, obviously not used to dealing with people in social scenes either it would seem>

NightmareEyes

<she laughs> Yeah, I'm not big into the club dancing either really, but Sheila over there is. <points to her friend and thinks a moment> Well regardless of why you came, I'm glad you're here for one. <smiles radiantly> Say, she's doing just fine for now it seems...how'd you like to go see the garden paths or the observatory with me? They're both away from the noise and usually not as populated so great to get away from it all...and it is crowded and noisy here but Sheila loves it and...

<she catches herself and blushes, embarrassed> Oh my...I'm being too forward, I'm sorry...I...we can stay here as well if you prefer... <she turns away with reddening cheeks, obviously not used to dealing with people in social scenes either it would seem>
The cat sets his drink aside, trying to hide the flush slowly creeping onto his cheeks. "No, no, it's fine. Don't worry about it. I could use a little bit of fresh air, actually."

He forces his way out of the comfort of his chair, stretching for a moment before letting out a massive yawn. Geez. Where did that come from? He thought, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before turning back to the deer with another gentle smile. "Mind showing the way to the gardens?" he asked, offering the deer a paw. "I'm Tenshi, by the way. Nice to meet you."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
The cat sets his drink aside, trying to hide the flush slowly creeping onto his cheeks. "No, no, it's fine. Don't worry about it. I could use a little bit of fresh air, actually."

He forces his way out of the comfort of his chair, stretching for a moment before letting out a massive yawn. Geez. Where did that come from? He thought, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before turning back to the deer with another gentle smile. "Mind showing the way to the gardens?" he asked, offering the deer a paw. "I'm Tenshi, by the way. Nice to meet you."

<the deer smiles and takes your paw gently> Tenshi, what a nice name. I'm Lisa and my friend's Sheila...oh, hold on a second, I need to let her know where I'm at. <she presses the red button and the bunny re-appears>

"
Greetings and welcome. How..."

<impatiently> Yeah yeah, I know. Can you tell my friend Sheila that I am at the garden with our new friend Tenshi when she returns please?"

"Certainly. The garden is located through the east wing..."

<interrupts again> Ugh, it's ok...I know where it is. <sighs and starts walking with you as she talks> Just...just pass the message to Sheila please.

<as she leaves with you, she turns back and sees the holobunny standing immobile, and staring unblinking at her friend dancing, presumably awaiting her return to the table. She shudders again and walks a little quicker> Mmmm, creepy I tell you. I know she can't help it, but creeps...me...out! <blushes and passes several guests in the hallway as we approach a green door laced with ivy plants. Upon approaching it, the deer makes a melodramatic bow and opens the door. Inside the door you see a virtual jungle lush greenhouse of tropical plants and hear from somewhere the sounds of soft music and birds chirping. In the middle is a large bubbling hot tub being fed by a waterfall that seemingly draws the water from nowhere with a single lizard relaxing in it. Surrounding the tub are a series of chairs and cushions and towels, and from the sky you marvel as impossibly there is seemingly sunlight, warm and beach-like. The deer laughs as you stand staring jaw agape, and bounds onto one of the chairs, relaxing in a 'sunbeam'>

There, that's much more comfortable. I don't know how he does it, but behold paradise, right? <she smiles and settles into her chair more with a contented sigh>

NightmareEyes

<the deer smiles and takes your paw gently> Tenshi, what a nice name. I'm Lisa and my friend's Sheila...oh, hold on a second, I need to let her know where I'm at. <she presses the red button and the bunny re-appears>

"
Greetings and welcome. How..."

<impatiently> Yeah yeah, I know. Can you tell my friend Sheila that I am at the garden with our new friend Tenshi when she returns please?"

"Certainly. The garden is located through the east wing..."

<interrupts again> Ugh, it's ok...I know where it is. <sighs and starts walking with you as she talks> Just...just pass the message to Sheila please.

<as she leaves with you, she turns back and sees the holobunny standing immobile, and staring unblinking at her friend dancing, presumably awaiting her return to the table. She shudders again and walks a little quicker> Mmmm, creepy I tell you. I know she can't help it, but creeps...me...out! <blushes and passes several guests in the hallway as we approach a green door laced with ivy plants. Upon approaching it, the deer makes a melodramatic bow and opens the door. Inside the door you see a virtual jungle lush greenhouse of tropical plants and hear from somewhere the sounds of soft music and birds chirping. In the middle is a large bubbling hot tub being fed by a waterfall that seemingly draws the water from nowhere with a single lizard relaxing in it. Surrounding the tub are a series of chairs and cushions and towels, and from the sky you marvel as impossibly there is seemingly sunlight, warm and beach-like. The deer laughs as you stand staring jaw agape, and bounds onto one of the chairs, relaxing in a 'sunbeam'>

There, that's much more comfortable. I don't know how he does it, but behold paradise, right? <she smiles and settles into her chair more with a contented sigh>
"You can say that again." Tenshi says, hardly believing what his eyes were telling him. The waterfall, the plants, the music, just...how?

Well, magic, obviously. The dimensional portals were more than enough evidence of that. But still. Everything here was just perfect! Almost too perfect, like this are had been made just for him! Of course, it was silly to think that. But it did make him wonder. Perhaps the one who invited him here...Mambi, was it? Yes, that seemed right. Perhaps this Mambi had the ability to read minds, to create entire worlds and rooms on the fly to help please an ever growing number of guests. But for what purpose then? Just to have fun? Then why invite him? A boring, run-of-the-mill cat who was only unique in his ability to make any situation uncomfortable at a moment's notice?

Tenshi pushed the thought out of his head. Did it matter? No. This was an incredible opportunity he'd been left with, and he might as well make the most of it while it lasted.

He took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air. It tasted of rain, flowers, and a hint of freedom. It was invigorating, wiping away any exhaustion he might have had. He let out a happy, content breath, then settled into a chair next to the deer, folding his arms around his head as he smiled contentedly as the sunlight, as real as he'd ever felt, gently warmed his fur.

"You know, it's stuff like this that almost makes me wish I could go feral. Is that...weird to think?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
He took a deep breath of the fresh, crisp air. It tasted of rain, flowers, and a hint of freedom. It was invigorating, wiping away any exhaustion he might have had. He let out a happy, content breath, then settled into a chair next to the deer, folding his arms around his head as he smiled contentedly as the sunlight, as real as he'd ever felt, gently warmed his fur.

"You know, it's stuff like this that almost makes me wish I could go feral. Is that...weird to think?"

<the deer giggles at the thought and turns her head towards you, laying on the cushion comfortably> Feral? No silly, not weird at all to me anyway. In the natural surroundings, who can't feel like their inner instincts are taking hold again? You feel so close to nature in these settings that it's only natural to want to...well...go natural and just take it all in and let go. <she closes her eyes a moment and takes a deep breath with a grin, sipping her juice for a second> I certainly prefer it to the hustle and bustle of the dance scene on the other side of that door without question...but to each his own I guess. <giggle> Mambi certainly prefers it though that cat does love to dance too! He turns the room to sunset conditions all the time and just relaxes for a while watching...

<as she speaks, a shimmering rift suddenly forms on the other side of the room, and as the air parts around it, the glowing-eyed cat emerges from the hole holding a mostly eaten triangular sandwich...tuna by the smell of it, blue lights and a small commotion coming from behind him in the hole. He sees you both sitting there and stops instantly, then lifts his head and tosses the rest of his sandwich into the air, catching it out of the air playfully as he swallows it. He laughs and bows deeply, addressing you both with a warm smile>

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought the room was free...my bad! <blushes and turns to you specifically> Her and I met before, but you're new, I think. <giggles> I'm Mambi my feline friend, and hope you both are having fun here! I just came from checking out the dance contest prep, but I can come back later on if you want privacy...enjoy yourselves! <he turns back towards the hole in the air then gets distracted by a butterfly and watches it a moment, then saunters back through the hole bouncing his sleek black tail the whole while as the rift re-seals itself, leaving the sound of birds and music again...>

<the deer laughs and points to where the hole was>
Tenshi...meet Mambi, our flighty bouncy kitty host. <she rolls her eyes gently and laughs more> He's a little all over the place but you get used to him soon enough. Must come with the portals, just used to jumping from thought to thought, place to place, but he's friendly enough for sure, I promise! Known him for a long time now...<she waves her hoof and relaxes again>