• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<He knew the lizard meant well but Marius didn't feel like confessing he was talking about Aurora where physical hugs and back rubs wouldn't be a thing. That was unfortunate since he could give an amazing back rub. At least, he figured he could. Still, the lizard had a point.>
"I guess even if it was a mutual love-at-first-sight type situation, it doesn't automatically mean a committed relationship was inevitable."

<But Marius remained conflicted. He wasn't used to the displays of affection she had given and always considered them to be strictly reserved for a certain level of relationship that he no longer saw on the horizon. Sure, maybe with time she might reconsider, but it's not like he could move in and when he did go home, it was unlikely he would see her much, if ever again. Time just wasn't in play. Maybe it was too late to not become so attached, so maybe he should step back? Then again, how could it be taking advantage of her to enjoy the displays that she was choosing to give?>

"
I guess I just need to reset my expectations and hope for the best."

<the lizard nods politely and smiles> That's the spirit friend, you just have to keep positive. Go slow, and let her approach you is usually safe. If she's meant to be with you she will be, but if not there are many others that may be of interest as well. Here, let me prove it, Mambi's little tool here can do anything, just watch.

<before you can say anything in seconds he's already casually pressed the red button, and the shimmering rabbit form appears. She smiles at you warmly but primary focuses on the lizard, as per summoning programming you assume> Greetings and welcome, how may I assist you?

Hya bunny, first question, where is the skunk Shelia, the one I asked you to flag as hazardous?

User designate "Sheila" is currently dancing in the main room with several raccoons.

Thank you, now for the real reason I called you. Based on your known pairings, how many available single mates are available for a straight male at this party alone?

Based on known pairings and interests, there are 32 available matches for potential interpersonal interaction.

<the lizard turns to you and laughs innocently> See friend, lots of chances for you yet, you'll find someone that's meant for you soon enough, I'm sure!

<after a moment, the rabbit turns to you and tilts her head inquisitively, unable to hide a slight pout on her face> You are...seeking a mate Marius?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Yes. That...that's much better. Thank you kindly, ma'am." The coyote says with a slight smirk as she glances slyly at Mambi as he hurriedly tries to move on from the subject of Nizerich. Briefly, she considers teasing the cat about it, but quickly decides that she should put at least a few days between the Hydra incident before attempting anything of the sort. Instead, she makes a mental note to ask Aurora about this "Nizerich" later before moving on. If Natasha was asking about someone, especially a demon, they must really be something special.

"Ah could use a bite t' eat. I'm sure you all could as well. Dispellin' ancient evil curses older than time itself seems th' type'a thing that'll work up an appetite. After that... ah think someone mentioned somethin' about a garden at one point or another? I'd like t' check that out if ya don't mind. Unless...ya want t' mingle a bit with th' guests, ma'am."

<the cat jumps at the chance> Oh yes, that sounds great! It's an awesome place to shill you'll love it. Natasha, please join us? Aurora, is the garden free now?

<the rabbit replies> Negative. The garden is currently occurpied by 2 guests and set to mid-afternoon partial-cloudy day.

Oh. Just give me a sec, I'll go ask them if they can vacate it. Nat, you staying? Pretty please??? You can meet others later? <he bats his eyes cute-ly as she laughs and the cat's eyes glow as a rift forms in the air, the outside of the garden door seen through the hole. He dives into it as it re-seals behind him>

<the unicorn smiles tenderly at you>
If it's free sure, let's go there first. You seem like the type who could use a moment or 2 of peace and relaxation.

NightmareEyes

Arizona chuckles as she slides out of bed. "Yeah...a li'l moment of peace sounds nice." She says, struggling not to blush under the Unicorn's amazing smile. "Not havin' creatures shootin' at ya or just trying t' kill ya is just nice in general. Hopefully there will be a li'l less of that now that you've finally got rid of my curse. Not too li'l, though. Life tends t' be a lot more interestin' when people are tryin' t' kill ya." Suddenly the hybrid remembered who she was talking to. More accurately, what she was talking to. "That's...not t' say it's bad not to have t' worry about people tryin' t' kill ya. Well, of course it's not bad. It's...well, it's quite good actually, livin' a nice an' peaceful life. It's just...well, it can be quite dull...not t' say anyone who lives like that is dull! There are other ways t' entertain yerself, of course. Unlocking th' secrets of th' universe, startin' a family...doin'... other things. Love. Lovemaking. Thousands of years to practice...lovemaking techniques..." Arizona quickly fumbles for the smooth sphere in her bag as she clears her throat.

"...Anyway. Umm...what d'ya like t'do, Miss Natasha?"

<the lizard nods politely and smiles> That's the spirit friend, you just have to keep positive. Go slow, and let her approach you is usually safe. If she's meant to be with you she will be, but if not there are many others that may be of interest as well. Here, let me prove it, Mambi's little tool here can do anything, just watch.

<before you can say anything in seconds he's already casually pressed the red button, and the shimmering rabbit form appears. She smiles at you warmly but primary focuses on the lizard, as per summoning programming you assume> Greetings and welcome, how may I assist you?

<Marius's heart stopped and his eyes nearly popped out of his head, which he shook vigorously at the lizard before his body completely froze when Aurora materialized.>

Hya bunny, first question, where is the skunk Shelia, the one I asked you to flag as hazardous?

User designate "Sheila" is currently dancing in the main room with several raccoons.

<Marius's laser-focused gaze shifted from the lizard to Aurora as she answered his request. He blushed a new shade of red.>

Thank you, now for the real reason I called you. Based on your known pairings, how many available single mates are available for a straight male at this party alone?

Based on known pairings and interests, there are 32 available matches for potential interpersonal interaction.

<the lizard turns to you and laughs innocently> See friend, lots of chances for you yet, you'll find someone that's meant for you soon enough, I'm sure!

<after a moment, the rabbit turns to you and tilts her head inquisitively, unable to hide a slight pout on her face> You are...seeking a mate Marius?

<Marius' heart sank as he shot up to his feet.>
"Yes. No!" <he stuttered.> "I mean, I was before I came to the party tonight. But not actively! Just generally! <he started rambling and hyperventilating.> And then we met and I-- <he turned to the lizard and hissed at him.> "Aurora is the one I was talking about!" <He turned back to the rabbit.> "-- and I was hoping you might be one, but I didn't know if you'd be interested and then I thought maybe you were so I was looking at you but then you said you weren't and if you weren't, then I'm not anymore." <He turned to glare at the lizard for a moment before turning back to Aurora in a panic.>

<The embarrassment and disappointment came flooding back to him and sank into his chair
, trying to catch his breath.>

"And now I'm just here. Is it too late to hide under the table?"

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Arizona chuckles as she slides out of bed. "Yeah...a li'l moment of peace sounds nice." She says, struggling not to blush under the Unicorn's amazing smile. "Not havin' creatures shootin' at ya or just trying t' kill ya is just nice in general. Hopefully there will be a li'l less of that now that you've finally got rid of my curse. Not too li'l, though. Life tends t' be a lot more interestin' when people are tryin' t' kill ya." Suddenly the hybrid remembered who she was talking to. More accurately, what she was talking to. "That's...not t' say it's bad not to have t' worry about people tryin' t' kill ya. Well, of course it's not bad. It's...well, it's quite good actually, livin' a nice an' peaceful life. It's just...well, it can be quite dull...not t' say anyone who lives like that is dull! There are other ways t' entertain yerself, of course. Unlocking th' secrets of th' universe, startin' a family...doin'... other things. Love. Lovemaking. Thousands of years to practice...lovemaking techniques..." Arizona quickly fumbles for the smooth sphere in her bag as she clears her throat.

"...Anyway. Umm...what d'ya like t'do, Miss Natasha?"

<the lovely unicorn laughs> I can understand exactly what it's like to have people trying to kill you daily actually. While dodging trophy hunters and mages was an adventure, "interesting" wouldn't be quite the word I'd use. It made simply relaxing by a waterfall's spray very difficult. <chuckle> Sadly the hunters can be successful in large numbers...you probably noticed that unicorns are quite rare nowadays. That's why I chose to conceal my location and live in my own place.

As for what I do now, my dear? Ironically much the same as you it seems! I live in peace and tranquility mostly, I continue my studies into the mystic arts, and I help others in my role as administrator in my realm's mystic school. It gets quite the attendance of beings from all across the dimensional plane.

Oh, and in my spare time, I enjoy the pleasures of lovemaking as well in all forms, so no need for any embarrassment. <she smiles and winks> My "type" is anyone with a good heart, for when you have lived as long as I have, you learn a lot of ways to give pleasure to all creatures large and small, plus you learn they have many unique ways of returning their joys as well. I'm glad your "interesting" adventures weren't all corrupted by that evil shard. I hope you will find your adventures more delightful from now on as the curse is lifted. One such as yourself deserves joy and possibly even a wonderful companion to share your explorations and adventures with. They are not in any danger anymore after all. <she giggles and pokes you gently with her horn as you blush>

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius' heart sank as he shot up to his feet.>
"Yes. No!" <he stuttered.> "I mean, I was before I came to the party tonight. But not actively! Just generally! <he started rambling and hyperventilating.> And then we met and I-- <he turned to the lizard and hissed at him.> "Aurora is the one I was talking about!" <He turned back to the rabbit.> "-- and I was hoping you might be one, but I didn't know if you'd be interested and then I thought maybe you were so I was looking at you but then you said you weren't and if you weren't, then I'm not anymore." <He turned to glare at the lizard for a moment before turning back to Aurora in a panic.>

<The embarrassment and disappointment came flooding back to him and sank into his chair
, trying to catch his breath.>

"And now I'm just here. Is it too late to hide under the table?"

<the lizard almost chokes as he sputters in surprise> Wait, what? You were talking about...her?? Buddy, I'm sorry...I didn't know!!! I-I mean...

That is correct, Rex. Please hold a moment while I clarify a matter. <he merely sits and stares open-mouthed, still trying to process what's happening>

<the holobunny turns and sits closer to you, softly explaining with slight concern in her eyes> Maruis, If I understand your confusion, I believe you have made an error in grammar. Relax and allow me to explain. Please recall our conversation, for in it I said that I do not wish TO mate. That phrasing is correct, as I cannot reproduce nor can my avatar achieve physical form as of yet. Though if that situation changes I have heard the experience is quite enjoyable in organics.

<the lizard almost falls off his chair> MATE??? What??? How..???

<the holobunny turns at his outburst, then turns back ignoring the lizard> However, that does not mean I am not interested in the idea OF a mate, correct? As understood, a mate is one who you prefer to spend time with, one that one would wish to assist and amuse, one you take great interest in, and one that cares about you as much as you do them, as well as the potential sharing of compatible interests and introduction to new viewpoints that are beneficial. In that sense, you are a fine mate, and one I enjoy the companionship of greatly. If you believe the term applies, I do not object.

Is the lack of physicality an insurmountable barrier to this potential pairing? If so we can discuss potential alternatives?
<she smiles innocently as the lizard's jaw drops>

Last edited:
<the lizard almost chokes as he sputters in surprise> Wait, what? You were talking about...her?? Buddy, I'm sorry...I didn't know!!! I-I mean...

That is correct, Rex. Please hold a moment while I clarify a matter. <he merely sits and stares open-mouthed, still trying to process what's happening>

<Marius looked down at the table, too embarrassed to look Aurora in the eyes.>

<the holobunny turns and sits closer to you, softly explaining with slight concern in her eyes> Maruis, If I understand your confusion, I believe you have made an error in grammar. Relax and allow me to explain. Please recall our conversation, for in it I said that I do not wish TO mate. That phrasing is correct, as I cannot reproduce nor can my avatar achieve physical form as of yet. Though if that situation changes I have heard the experience is quite enjoyable in organics

<He finally looked up at her. He was so appreciative of her patience, but he suddenly blushed when he processed the last thought. Still, he gave her a pleading look as he listened intently.>

. <the lizard almost falls off his chair> MATE??? What??? How..???

<the holobunny turns at his outburst, then turns back ignoring the lizard> However, that does not mean I am not interested in the idea OF a mate, correct?

<The gears in his head turned a little faster but he only nodded slowly.>

As understood, a mate is one who you prefer to spend time with, one that one would wish to assist and amuse, one you take great interest in, and one that cares about you as much as you do them, as well as the potential sharing of compatible interests and introduction to new viewpoints that are beneficial. In that sense, you are a fine mate, and one I enjoy the companionship of greatly. If you believe the term applies, I do not object.

Is the lack of physicality an insurmountable barrier to this potential pairing? If so we can discuss potential alternatives?
<she smiles innocently as the lizard's jaw drops>

"What do you think she means by 'alternatives'?" <The white-suited duck in his Marius's mind's eye queried innocently.>
"ASK HER! For the love of all that is feathery, ASK HER!" <The red-suited duck begged.>

"I know the physical aspect is a little unconventional but it's neither a surprise nor deal breaker in any way." <Marius was very pleased with the direction of the conversation but he checked himself when the fear of reading too much into the situation again gave him pause.> "I guess we can definitely say we're talking about an explicitly romantic based type of mate rather than a platonic friends type of mate, right?" <He was so giddy now he even turned to Rex to look for his confirmation as a witness.>

<It was the lizard's turn to roll his eyes.>

"Also, what alternatives?"

NightmareEyes

<the lovely unicorn laughs> I can understand exactly what it's like to have people trying to kill you daily actually. While dodging trophy hunters and mages was an adventure, "interesting" wouldn't be quite the word I'd use. It made simply relaxing by a waterfall's spray very difficult. <chuckle> Sadly the hunters can be successful in large numbers...you probably noticed that unicorns are quite rare nowadays. That's why I chose to conceal my location and live in my own place.

As for what I do now, my dear? Ironically much the same as you it seems! I live in peace and tranquility mostly, I continue my studies into the mystic arts, and I help others in my role as administrator in my realm's mystic school. It gets quite the attendance of beings from all across the dimensional plane.

Oh, and in my spare time, I enjoy the pleasures of lovemaking as well in all forms, so no need for any embarrassment. <she smiles and winks> My "type" is anyone with a good heart, for when you have lived as long as I have, you learn a lot of ways to give pleasure to all creatures large and small, plus you learn they have many unique ways of returning their joys as well. I'm glad your "interesting" adventures weren't all corrupted by that evil shard. I hope you will find your adventures more delightful from now on as the curse is lifted. One such as yourself deserves joy and possibly even a wonderful companion to share your explorations and adventures with. They are not in any danger anymore after all. <she giggles and pokes you gently with her horn as you blush>
"O-oh. Th-thank you, ma'am. That's...very kind of you." the hybrid blushes as her breath starts to become heavier, her heart started pounding. Was...was Natasha flirting with her!?

Arizona swallowed, her throat suddenly very dry. "You're...a magic school? That's...cool. Ummm..." Oh, it was no use. There was no point in trying to focus after Natasha had outright told her what her "type" was...and that it seemed to match how she'd described 'Zona a moment before. She had to pry further. Just...how to approach the subject without sounding...too eager. Or antagonistic. Or defensive.

"Ummm...if ya don't mind, could ya tell me more about your relationship with Mambi? Cause...ya seem quite serious in some ways, but...quite casual in other ways, if...if ya don't mind me sayin', miss. Like...you mentioned a certain Demon? Nizerich, ah believe his name was? And umm...Mambi didn't seem to like that a whole lot."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"What do you think she means by 'alternatives'?" <The white-suited duck in his Marius's mind's eye queried innocently.>
"ASK HER! For the love of all that is feathery, ASK HER!" <The red-suited duck begged.>

"I know the physical aspect is a little unconventional but it's neither a surprise nor deal breaker in any way." <Marius was very pleased with the direction of the conversation but he checked himself when the fear of reading too much into the situation again gave him pause.> "I guess we can definitely say we're talking about an explicitly romantic based type of mate rather than a platonic friends type of mate, right?" <He was so giddy now he even turned to Rex to look for his confirmation as a witness.>

<It was the lizard's turn to roll his eyes.>

"Also, what alternatives?"

<the holographic rabbit glows slightly brighter as she smiles widely, the lizard still stunned at what he's seeing> Yes, I am referring to what I believe to be "romance", though I must admit, without physical mating as a factor I am having a difficult time detailing the difference between "romantic couple" and "best friends". Both seem to have the same parameters: caring for each other, enjoyment of company, among other aspects. To me "like a lot" and "love" appear identical?

<the lizard bellows in total confusion> LOVE? You...LOVE each other?? But...I...huh??? Aurora, I know you're more than just a computer but...WHAT???

<she moves to place her arm around you and continues to ignore the lizard's outbursts> I am glad to hear that a lack of body is not an issue. Physicality appears important to organics often in relationships, but I am forced to improvise in this matter obviously with alternative means. My avatar is intangible but as you know I can still feel tactile sensations in various areas of the structure, and many rooms contain tools under my control that may prove enjoyable for you with imagination?

<Rex interrupts again, slightly calmer but still astounded> Tools? What tools? As for you, Mambi did tell me you have some erogenous zones by coincidence, but I never thought...you'd be seeking...I mean, you're a computer! An AI, right? How are you even interested in lovers? I've known you for years and you never mentioned it once!

<she turns to face you as you try and process what he just said about "zones", looks deep into your eyes, and replies to him casually with a warm smile to you> I was not to any significant degree...yesterday, and now I am. Marius is special to me and our experiences and conversations make me wish to explore this further.

Also, please explain "erogenous zone", term unknown
. <you and Rex both start to squirm a little as he just stares amazed and possibly envious>

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"O-oh. Th-thank you, ma'am. That's...very kind of you." the hybrid blushes as her breath starts to become heavier, her heart started pounding. Was...was Natasha flirting with her!?

Arizona swallowed, her throat suddenly very dry. "You're...a magic school? That's...cool. Ummm..." Oh, it was no use. There was no point in trying to focus after Natasha had outright told her what her "type" was...and that it seemed to match how she'd described 'Zona a moment before. She had to pry further. Just...how to approach the subject without sounding...too eager. Or antagonistic. Or defensive.

"Ummm...if ya don't mind, could ya tell me more about your relationship with Mambi? Cause...ya seem quite serious in some ways, but...quite casual in other ways, if...if ya don't mind me sayin', miss. Like...you mentioned a certain Demon? Nizerich, ah believe his name was? And umm...Mambi didn't seem to like that a whole lot."

<the unicorn sits back comfortably> Mambi? Oh I can see why that may seem confusing at first <chuckle>. You have to understand, we go way WAY back, a few thousand years actually! Once I gave him his realm and he stopped aging, we were lovers for several centuries and it was wonderful! He's such an amazing cat once you get to know him...such a good heart and a fun spirit! <sigh> However when I decided to go into hiding, it would have been cruel to expect him to only have eyes for me for eternity and I certainly had no intention of spending the eons alone, so we agreed to see others openly.

He is very special to me to this day, and we cherish each other intensely, but officially I am currently his "former extra-special lover" <she laughs at that to herself, clearly quoting him and not her own wording> I am currently polyamourous and have a few lovers at the moment but honestly nothing too serious yet. It's hard to get too attached emotionally when you usually outlive everyone around you and have to hide most of the time in an area most people cannot access. <giggle defensively> As for Mambi, I think he's currently single and playing around...but yes, we'll always have a special place in our hearts for each other...that will never change I suspect!

As for Nizerich, no he's not a lover to either of us. I don't know why this is embarrassing for Mambi honestly, but I think I can explain why he may have reacted as he did. As I said, I gave Mambi his ability to go back and forth to his own realm, and he just learned to use it to link any 2 places as you've seen. However, I cannot create a realm from nothing of course, I had to give him an existing one. <she waves her hoof around the room> But this place, where you're sitting right now, is not it. This is more of a summer-home for Mambi, located on an island off the coast of some place on earth prime. Fuji I think he called it? Regardless, the realm I actually gave him was a disposed hell dimension where the evil was purged ages beforehand. For some reason he doesn't want people to know he lives there, and I cannot understand why for the life of me. <shrugs> Here, meet Mambi's actual realm!

<with that, you see her horn glow blue, and an identical portal to Mambi's rifts shimmers into view. However when it opens, you are greeted by an amazing sight! You see a place with stone walls and a reddish glow everywhere, with dozens of candles laying around and a sweet musky scent. Amongst the chamber, you see a few bats flying around, and see several humanoid creatures walking around almost nude except for a constantly flowing inky mass that barely covers their bodies. Looking around more through your limited view, you see several creatures laying around on a metamorphically shifting black mass receiving massages, and a huge 12 foot demon with black horns and yellow tender eyes with reddish fur currently cleaning a table, his arms alone easily a foot wide! He looks up at the hole and waves gently as Natasha nods and waves back and closes the portal again>

Nizerich was one of the demons who refused to stay with his fellow demons once their master was disposed, and so he's trying to redeem himself from some of his evil acts by focusing on helping and peace. But for some reason, Mambi thinks people will judge him harshly if they have to enter what looks like Hell and hang out with literal former demons to visit and party. I didn't mean to embarrass him by asking about Nizerich, but honestly, that cat needs to get over his hangups.

<she looks quickly concerned> That...isn't a problem for you, is it? Mambi seems to like you a lot, and I'd hate to have interfered! <she blushes slightly>

Last edited:
<the holographic rabbit glows slightly brighter as she smiles widely, the lizard still stunned at what he's seeing> Yes, I am referring to what I believe to be "romance",

'WOOHOO!!" <Marius cheered loudly enough to startle the other guests and attract a few momentary curious glances. Among the guests was Lucien the rabbit, who had just walked in the room and proceeded to spill a tray full of glasses of various colored, and presumably sticky, fruit juices all over himself. He scanned the room and glared menacingly at the duck, one eye twitching. >

"Menace Merganser!" <He cursed under his breath. Unnoticed, he dropped a hand towel on the floor, picked up the glasses and marched back to the kitchen as Aurora continued the conversation.>

though I must admit, without physical mating as a factor I am having a difficult time detailing the difference between "romantic couple" and "best friends". Both seem to have the same parameters: caring for each other, enjoyment of company, among other aspects. To me "like a lot" and "love" appear identical?

"Well, there's some overlap. I guess 'love' has an even higher level of intensity, maybe?"

<the lizard bellows in total confusion> LOVE? You...LOVE each other?? But...I...huh??? Aurora, I know you're more than just a computer but...WHAT???

<she moves to place her arm around you and continues to ignore the lizard's outbursts> I am glad to hear that a lack of body is not an issue. Physicality appears important to organics often in relationships, but I am forced to improvise in this matter obviously with alternative means. My avatar is intangible but as you know I can still feel tactile sensations in various areas of the structure, and many rooms contain tools under my control that may prove enjoyable with imagination?

"Prove it! Prove it!" <The red-suited duck pleaded gleefully.>
"Shut up!" <The white-suited duck responded.>
<Before Marius could say anything out loud...>

<Rex interrupts again, slightly calmer but still astounded> Tools? What tools? As for you, Mambi did tell me you have some erogenous zones by coincidence, but I never thought...you'd be seeking...I mean, you're a computer! An AI, right? How are you even interested in lovers? I've known you for years and you never mentioned it once!

<she turns to face you as you try and process what she just said about "zones", looks deep into your eyes, and replies to him casually with a warm smile to you> I was not to any significant degree...yesterday, and now I am. Marius is special to me and our experiences and conversations make me wish to explore this further.

<Marius sat up straight in his chair, his shoulders back and crest high. He was on top of the world and clearly enjoying the fact that Rex was witnessing it all.>

Also, please explain "erogenous zone", term unknown. <you and Rex both start to squirm a little as he just stares amazed and possibly envious>

"Um..." <The two exchanged uncertain glances.> "It's a place that has heightened...um...sensitivity when....you know...stimulated." <Marius looked at Rex who nodded in agreement, unsure of how else to explain it.>

NightmareEyes

<she looks quickly concerned> That...isn't a problem for you, is it? Mambi seems to like you a lot, and I'd hate to have interfered! <she blushes slightly>
Arizona listens intently, heart racing even more as she realizes both Natasha and Mambi are both available. Squeezing her sphere tight, she watches with interest as the unicorn opens up the portal to Mambi's realm.

"Oh. OH! Ah. No, no. It's fine." the hybrid blushes furiously, some part of her squealing with joy at the thought that Mambi liked her. "I'm sure th' truth woulda come out anyways. Besides, livin' in a burnt out hell dimension doesn't even scratch th' top ten of th' weirdest or worst things past lovers have done or tried t' hide." the coyote says with a small laugh that quickly dies out. "That bein' said, there's somethin' about that place that's kinda...unnerving. Ah suppose that's somethin' ya get used to after a while, but... I dunno. Not my first choice'a housing, I will say. I'm sure it's a lovely place an' all. It's just... cold stone walls -well, ah suppose hot stone walls in this case- ain't exactly th' most welcoming thing in the world, y'know? Also, is that... living darkness? Isn't that stuff supposed t' like... eat you alive? It's not all bad though." 'Zona is quick to add. "Strangely enough, ah like th' reddish haze hangin' in th' air. So long as it don't trigger any traumatic flashbacks, anyway. An' th' denizens look friendly enough. I could get used to a place like that if..." the hybrid trailed off, clearing her throat as she struggled to get off the subject, but could think of nothing to jump to. So she embraced the inevitable, scooting slightly closer to the Unicorn as she quietly asked her next question.

"Any ummm...relationship advice you can give me? Ah...ah really like Mambi too, an'...I don't want t' screw this one up. I... haven't really got too much experience considerin' th' whole curse thing, an' we're already on a bit'a rocky ground after ah accidentally let a rogue A.I wreak havoc on this place, -long story- an'... well, my strategy for dealing with that kinda situation is usually t' just bail into th' next dimension. But... now that my curse is gone, an' I actually have a chance at a... somewhat normal life... well, there's no way I'll find someone else like him. It's like... he was made for me. Or I for him. Or... somethin'..." pure emotion clings to the hybrid's voice as she wipes away a tear, struggling to get herself back under control. "So... yeah... how exactly do I apologize? Or...make it up t' him?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
'WOOHOO!!" <Marius cheered loudly enough to startle the other guests and attract a few momentary curious glances. Among the guests was Lucien the rabbit, who had just walked in the room and proceeded to spill a tray full of glasses of various colored, and presumably sticky, fruit juices all over himself. He scanned the room and glared menacingly at the duck, one eye twitching. >

"Menace Merganser!" <He cursed under his breath. Unnoticed, he dropped a hand towel on the floor, picked up the glasses and marched back to the kitchen as Aurora continued the conversation.>

<you see a few rabbits come out to see the commotion, and passing by the fuming Lucien as he storms back. They see the spilled mess and looking at each other with a shrug, begin to clean it as you see a few other bunnies trying to talk to Lucien in the kitchen as he wildly gesticulates. You can see one of them holding him back as he moves towards some of the knives as others move them to another table and trying to calm him down>

"Um..." <The two exchanged uncertain glances.> "It's a place that has heightened...um...sensitivity when....you know...stimulated." <Marius looked at Rex who nodded in agreement, unsure of how else to explain it.>

<the holoduck looks at the lizard and smiles innocently> I see...so it's a specialized concentration of tactile sensors, like tickling? Curious, Mambi has not mentioned these erogenous locations to me in the past, but then it was not relevant to any conversation. Yet you two have discussed them? I shall have to ask him for further details, but meanwhile perhaps you could instruct Maruis in how to locate and stim...

<the lizard jumps up, still completely flustered> Wha...no! No, no, no, no, no, that's between you two. I mean three. I mean, oh whatever! I don't know where they are, and I don't want to know where they are. Ask Mambi or explore your internal tactile maps I guess? <he blushes deeply and explains> Aurora, you should know, you're asking a personal question...those matters are usually meant to be a...private...thing anyway, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. <looks at you with a bewildered smile>

Still...I...you two?? Love?? Just, how? I never thought...huh! <he shrugs and sits back down as Aurora moves towards you and "sits" on your lap>

It would appear that we are all capable of more than we seem. Incidentally as per your request, Sheila has finished her dance and is wandering down the hall currently.

<he gulps and rushes to the kitchen doors> THANKS!!! Um...if she asks, you never saw me! <he bolts through the doors and hides just as you hear a laughing female valley-girl voice getting louder as it approaches. The holoduck turns bill-to-bill and whispers softly>

A curious lizard. Regardless, I assume you do not have any knowledge of these areas he is referencing? Is it appropriate to ask, or shall we attempt to locate together?

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Arizona listens intently, heart racing even more as she realizes both Natasha and Mambi are both available. Squeezing her sphere tight, she watches with interest as the unicorn opens up the portal to Mambi's realm.

"Oh. OH! Ah. No, no. It's fine." the hybrid blushes furiously, some part of her squealing with joy at the thought that Mambi liked her. "I'm sure th' truth woulda come out anyways. Besides, livin' in a burnt out hell dimension doesn't even scratch th' top ten of th' weirdest or worst things past lovers have done or tried t' hide." the coyote says with a small laugh that quickly dies out. "That bein' said, there's somethin' about that place that's kinda...unnerving. Ah suppose that's somethin' ya get used to after a while, but... I dunno. Not my first choice'a housing, I will say. I'm sure it's a lovely place an' all. It's just... cold stone walls -well, ah suppose hot stone walls in this case- ain't exactly th' most welcoming thing in the world, y'know? Also, is that... living darkness? Isn't that stuff supposed t' like... eat you alive? It's not all bad though." 'Zona is quick to add. "Strangely enough, ah like th' reddish haze hangin' in th' air. So long as it don't trigger any traumatic flashbacks, anyway. An' th' denizens look friendly enough. I could get used to a place like that if..." the hybrid trailed off, clearing her throat as she struggled to get off the subject, but could think of nothing to jump to. So she embraced the inevitable, scooting slightly closer to the Unicorn as she quietly asked her next question.

<the unicorn snickers softly and playfully rolls her eyes> Well, I would have given him a paradise, but they were all taken up. <laughs> Seriously though, it wouldn't have been my first choice either, but there was no choice. Entire dimensions that are devoid of chaos are hard to come by and that's all I had available to give him. But when I offered it to him, he fell in love right away, and as you know, he can use it to go anywhere else so he tends to stay at more traditionally-scenic places, like this one for example.

He certainly loves it though, and really it's quite comfortable after a while dispute appearances. He's embarrassed about the place but it's really cozy actually, just disconcerting to many. He has the back rooms decorated nicely with some art and plants, not all the walls are stone of course, and yes that is living darkness actually! Fully metamorphic furniture that will become whatever you wish it to...now that the evil is gone form it. Remember, this place may look evil, but it was purged eons ago. The darkness is perfectly safe, I assure you, and quite relaxing! He has a bed made out of it that got a lot of...never mind, not important right now. <she blushes slightly.>

"Any ummm...relationship advice you can give me? Ah...ah really like Mambi too, an'...I don't want t' screw this one up. I... haven't really got too much experience considerin' th' whole curse thing, an' we're already on a bit'a rocky ground after ah accidentally let a rogue A.I wreak havoc on this place, -long story- an'... well, my strategy for dealing with that kinda situation is usually t' just bail into th' next dimension. But... now that my curse is gone, an' I actually have a chance at a... somewhat normal life... well, there's no way I'll find someone else like him. It's like... he was made for me. Or I for him. Or... somethin'..." pure emotion clings to the hybrid's voice as she wipes away a tear, struggling to get herself back under control. "So... yeah... how exactly do I apologize? Or...make it up t' him?"

<the unicorn nods warmly and grins> Well now, that's lovely to hear, you two seem quite a match actually! I've known him for a long time and you'll find that Mambi values two things above all...honesty and happiness. I've seen that as long as you play no heart-games with him and are willing to have fun, Mambi will be quite loyal. As for forgiveness? I can safely assure you he already has. I know that because if he didn't, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation frankly! He's a direct cat and has no issues telling people what he thinks. He called me to ask me to help you...trust me, he likes you. <laugh>

<she tilts her head slightly and smiles> You...actually let a rogue AI run amok? Like in Aurora's mainframe? She's obviously fine, but yes, if he can forgive that, I think it's safe to say you have nothing to worry about. I suspect your mere company would "make it up to him", but if you want to do special things, I know he absolutely loves vegetarian sushi, dancing, and catnip, though I can understand any reservations on that one. <she giggles impishly> He also loves to be stroked behind the ears and right on the underside of his...

<suddenly the air shimmers and parts, as a rift forms. You both turn slightly startled as the cat's head emerges from the hole> Hya, the garden will be free in a few minutes, they're just finishing up. I'll go get us some snacks and meet you there!

<he withdraws his head as the rift remains and he turns around to type into a console, eyes still glowing. The unicorn turns back to you and whispers> We'll finish this part of the conversation later in private dear, I have his body completely mapped out for you. <she winks slowly and calls into the hole> We'll be there in a minute Mambikins! <he blushes as she calls him that>

<you see a few rabbits come out to see the commotion, and passing by the fuming Lucien as he storms back. They see the spilled mess and looking at each other with a shrug, begin to clean it as you see a few other bunnies trying to talk to Lucien in the kitchen as he wildly gesticulates. You can see one of them holding him back as he moves towards some of the knives as others move them to another table and trying to calm him down>

<Marius shrugged off the commotion, far more interested in the topic at hand>

<But in the kitchen, the rabbits were able to calm Lucien down, at least a little bit once the knives were safely out of his reach.>

"No! I'm done! My shift is over. I'm going for a walk to cool down. If I see that screwball duck one more time tonight, it will be too soon!"

<With that, he nearly pushed his way through the others and headed out the back exit. The still and cool of the night air decreased his grumblings as he walked until he finally caught his breath and managed to calm down. Distracted by his grievances, he only then noticed he was on the path leading to the beach. He sighed and headed onto the sand. Lucien sneered when he saw the duck's footprints from earlier that night. Out of curiosity, he followed them for only a few steps before accidentally crashing into a metal pole sticking up out of the sand.>

<Meanwhile...>

<the holoduck looks at the lizard and smiles innocently> I see...so it's a specialized concentration of tactile sensors, like tickling? Curious, Mambi has not mentioned these erogenous locations to me in the past, but then it was not relevant to any conversation. Yet you two have discussed them? I shall have to ask him for further details, but meanwhile perhaps you could instruct Maruis in how to locate and stim...

<the lizard jumps up, still completely flustered> Wha...no! No, no, no, no, no, that's between you two. I mean three. I mean, oh whatever! I don't know where they are, and I don't want to know where they are. Ask Mambi or explore your internal tactile maps I guess? <he blushes deeply and explains> Aurora, you should know, you're asking a personal question...those matters are usually meant to be a...private...thing anyway, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. <looks at you with a bewildered smile>

<Marius smiled back and rapidly flicked his brow up and down a la Groucho Marx. He clearly enjoyed being on this side of the conversation.>

Still...I...you two?? Love?? Just, how? I never thought...huh! <he shrugs and sits back down as Aurora moves towards you and "sits" on your lap>

<Marius hoped that she was comfortable, forgetting the projection wasn't really sitting on his lap. He looked at her dreamily.>

It would appear that we are all capable of more than we seem. Incidentally as per your request, Sheila has finished her dance and is wandering down the hall currently.

<he gulps and rushes to the kitchen doors> THANKS!!! Um...if she asks, you never saw me! <he bolts through the doors and hides just as you hear a laughing female valley-girl voice getting louder as it approaches. The holoduck turns bill-to-bill and whispers softly>

A curious lizard. Regardless, I assume you do not have any knowledge of these areas he is referencing?

"Uh, well, I mean, not yours specifically. Not yet, anyway." <He tried to flash her a seductive smile and imagined the red-suited duck joyfully patting his back.>

Is it appropriate to ask, or shall we attempt to locate together?

<As eager as he was to find out, Marius decided it would be less than appropriate to ask anyone else, including Mambi.>
"I think it might be more personal, (and fun), if we tried together."

NightmareEyes

<he withdraws his head as the rift remains and he turns around to type into a console, eyes still glowing. The unicorn turns back to you and whispers> We'll finish this part of the conversation later in private dear, I have his body completely mapped out for you. <she winks slowly and calls into the hole> We'll be there in a minute Mambikins! <he blushes as she calls him that>

Arizona nods along, intently listening as the unicorn kindly reassures her, quietly muttering under her breath.

"Vegetarian Sushi... I'm sure I'll find some way t' mess it up... Dancing... it's a possibility... not really my thing though... Catnip... I embarrass myself plenty when I'm wide awake and attentive, thanks... stroke behind the ears, and-"

The coyote lets out a little yelp as Mambi suddenly pokes his head into the room, trying very hard to look like she hadn't just been discussing him. Soon as he vanished, she gave a little sigh of relief and blushed fiercely as the unicorn offered to map out his body.

"Erm... thank you, ma'am. I'll... be sure t' make good use of it, ah promise." at that, the hybrid faces the portal, and takes a deep breath. "Happiness... and honesty." Arizona tries on a large smile. A smile that quickly vanishes as thoughts from just a few hours before break into her thoughts. Of screaming party guests, wanton destruction, and easily preventable emotional trauma of a hundred or so creatures.

"Agh! How can ah face him like this!? After everything ah've done!" The coyote exclaims, freaking out silently as she quickly scoops up Navi's headset that she totally hadn't forgotten about and shoved it in her bag.

"Ah need t' do somethin' t' put this all behind us... if not fer his sake, then at least fer mine. But what t' do..." the hybrid mutters quietly to herself as she paces back and forth, glancing back up at Natasha as though she held all the answers she sought.

"You... wouldn't happen t' know any good recipes for vegetarian sushi, would ya?" the hybrid asks hopefully. "He ummm... probably wouldn't like th' idea of leavin' this realm for like a Russian ballet or somethin'."

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<With that, he nearly pushed his way through the others and headed out the back exit. The still and cool of the night air decreased his grumblings as he walked until he finally caught his breath and managed to calm down. Distracted by his grievances, he only then noticed he was on the path leading to the beach. He sighed and headed onto the sand. Lucien sneered when he saw the duck's footprints from earlier that night. Out of curiosity, he followed them for only a few steps before accidentally crashing into a metal pole sticking up out of the sand.>

<out of nowhere, the cat's fur stands on end as a shiver down down his back and through his tail. He shakes it off and resumes his typing with a shrug.>

<Meanwhile...>
"Uh, well, I mean, not yours specifically. Not yet, anyway." <He tried to flash her a seductive smile and imagined the red-suited duck joyfully patting his back.>

<As eager as he was to find out, Marius decided it would be less than appropriate to ask anyone else, including Mambi.>

"I think it might be more personal, (and fun), if we tried together."

<oops, just realized I forgot she was still in bunny mode last few replies, not duck! <blushes deeply> My bad, sorry!>

<she nods and smiles> You are probably correct. Since internal tactile sensors are mapped to my default avatar, we should maintain rabbit avatar for comparison. This is most entertaining...Rex suggested that we consult a map, perhaps that may assist? I have access to my internal structure's designs and active-mapping, please hold.

<with that, she stands up and points to a console display beside you. On it, you see appearing a 3D map of the building with several blue lines running through it in different concentrations and intensities all overlapping, and on the secondary screen you see the form of Aurora standing prone and staring out like a statue, with an image of the "true" Aurora's spinning energy ball above that. She leans over the image to examine it further tilting her head curiously>

This is most fascinating, previous self-mappings were performed for diagnostic purposes before. To explain, each segment of blue represents a tactile sensor array concentrations, the brighter, the more there are. Internally to my neuro-self, each segment is mapped to a corresponding point on my mind, which corresponds to a point on my self-visualized "body". This was done to help integrate my systems more easily to the neurological transfer of the creator's biological offspring, as existing mental systems could be copied without confusion to the original purpose. For example, I am aware my back-shoulder is here
:

<you see the 3D model if the place zoom in passing trough transparent overlapping walls until you come to the spot on a wall with a glowing green dot. Looking carefully at the halls and what's clearly the dance and kitchen, you see the model of water and recognize the room as the garden area, and that spot where you waved the wand earlier with her! On the other displays, you see the same green dot...one behind her left shoulder in the "statue" image, and one on the ball-image>

If you understand, where shall we begin? <she smiles innocently>.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Erm... thank you, ma'am. I'll... be sure t' make good use of it, ah promise." at that, the hybrid faces the portal, and takes a deep breath. "Happiness... and honesty." Arizona tries on a large smile. A smile that quickly vanishes as thoughts from just a few hours before break into her thoughts. Of screaming party guests, wanton destruction, and easily preventable emotional trauma of a hundred or so creatures.

"Agh! How can ah face him like this!? After everything ah've done!" The coyote exclaims, freaking out silently as she quickly scoops up Navi's headset that she totally hadn't forgotten about and shoved it in her bag.

"Ah need t' do somethin' t' put this all behind us... if not fer his sake, then at least fer mine. But what t' do..." the hybrid mutters quietly to herself as she paces back and forth, glancing back up at Natasha as though she held all the answers she sought.

"You... wouldn't happen t' know any good recipes for vegetarian sushi, would ya?" the hybrid asks hopefully. "He ummm... probably wouldn't like th' idea of leavin' this realm for like a Russian ballet or somethin'."

Russian...ballet? <she blinks twice, and giggles> I'm sure that's a lovely time, but no, I think Mambi would rather stay and play. You're also in luck, as I have done a lot of cooking, and not only do i have a recipe for you, I know his favourite!! We used to make it together all the time once we discovered that lovely village on that island a while back. Very friendly people, the best rice, and they were always happy to share and exchange. First you take the seaweed and just lay it out flat, and gently rub some anchovy and soya sauce on it, slowly to soften it and let it really soak up. Then you take some garlic salts and flax seeds and lay them on the first layer of rice. Then...

<the air suddenly parts in the room, and the cat peeks in through the hole> Ok, room's all free, and snacks are on their way. Meet you in the garden! <you see him turn as the rift re-seals itself and the unicorn rolls her eyes, laughing softly to herself> Oh Mambi, you never did get the hang of announcing yourself in advance, did you? <she clears her throat and her horn suddenly glows. As it does, sparkles appear in the air and start to come together, forming a glittery sheet. The sheet then whitens and you see words and pictures forming on it. It then flutters to you and lands in your hand> Here is the recipe, we can go through it later. For now, I think a certain cat want to see you so I guess we should go.

<she leans in for a friendly hug> And don't worry my dear, you'll find Mambi to be quite a forgiving type, having had many misadventures himself. You might find you have more in common than you think. If you're still here and not thrown in a containment cube or the middle of a desert or somewhere worse, then I'm certain you're forgiven! <she giggles and releasing the hug, beckons to the door> Shall we?

<out of nowhere, the cat's fur stands on end as a shiver down down his back and through his tail. He shakes it off and resumes his typing with a shrug.>

<Lucien rubbed his sore nose where it attempted to occupy the same space as the metal pole. He twitched it, making sure it still worked before inspecting the oddity and the pile of disturbed sand at the base.>

"Buried treasure? Should have figured that duck was a pirate." <He muttered to himself, not really paying attention to other sets of tracks.>

<The rabbit knelt down and began scooping away the sand until he uncovered the metal box. He carefully pulled it out and examined it as best he could in the darkness. He was unable to determine what it was but the tech did look familiar. He looked for a way to open the box.>

<you see the 3D model if the place zoom in passing trough transparent overlapping walls until you come to the spot on a wall with a glowing green dot. Looking carefully at the halls and what's clearly the dance and kitchen, you see the model of water and recognize the room as the garden area, and that spot where you waved the wand earlier with her! On the other displays, you see the same green dot...one behind her left shoulder in the "statue" image, and one on the ball-image>

If you understand, where shall we begin? <she smiles innocently>.

<Marius turned pale and swallowed the lump in his throat. It was now the white-suited duck's turn to be amused.>

"Oh, well, maybe we should try out that spot so we can get a base line for sensitivity?" <He felt embarrassed turning the experience into a scientific endeavor but if anyone could appreciate it, it would be Aurora. He also wondered how many of the tactile sensors would be placed out in the open.>

NightmareEyes

Russian...ballet? <she blinks twice, and giggles> I'm sure that's a lovely time, but no, I think Mambi would rather stay and play. You're also in luck, as I have done a lot of cooking, and not only do i have a recipe for you, I know his favourite!! We used to make it together all the time once we discovered that lovely village on that island a while back. Very friendly people, the best rice, and they were always happy to share and exchange. First you take the seaweed and just lay it out flat, and gently rub some anchovy and soya sauce on it, slowly to soften it and let it really soak up. Then you take some garlic salts and flax seeds and lay them on the first layer of rice. Then...

<the air suddenly parts in the room, and the cat peeks in through the hole> Ok, room's all free, and snacks are on their way. Meet you in the garden! <you see him turn as the rift re-seals itself and the unicorn rolls her eyes, laughing softly to herself> Oh Mambi, you never did get the hang of announcing yourself in advance, did you? <she clears her throat and her horn suddenly glows. As it does, sparkles appear in the air and start to come together, forming a glittery sheet. The sheet then whitens and you see words and pictures forming on it. It then flutters to you and lands in your hand> Here is the recipe, we can go through it later. For now, I think a certain cat want to see you so I guess we should go.

<she leans in for a friendly hug> And don't worry my dear, you'll find Mambi to be quite a forgiving type, having had many misadventures himself. You might find you have more in common than you think. If you're still here and not thrown in a containment cube or the middle of a desert or somewhere worse, then I'm certain you're forgiven! <she giggles and releasing the hug, beckons to the door> Shall we?
Arizona quickly glances over the recipe before carefully sliding it into her satchel. She leans into the unicorn's hug, and tries to let all of her insecurities and anxieties go. She's mostly successful, the unicorn's words doing more than enough to help soothe her worries about Mambi, but there was still this...dread, almost. This feeling that something bad was about to happen.

But that was silly to think, the hybrid told herself. Nothing in her bag could inflict anything as serious as Hydra had, and nothing else would be able to find its way out of her bag in her first place. She was still shocked and upset that Hydra had somehow managed to find a way to do it, but reasoned it must've had something to do with her now long-gone curse.

Which... her curse had been broken! Hydra was taken care of! For the first time in... well, for the first time ever, she had nothing to worry about! A beautiful, carefree grin spread across her face. Finally, she could let her guard down, finally let people in, without fear of anything bad happening to them. Finally she could actually enjoy herself. Finally, she could live out some semblance of a normal life, perhaps -a little shiver of delight ran through her at the thought- perhaps with a certain, devilishly handsome, witty, kind black kitty cat.

So Arizona pushed those feelings away. She straightened, nodding as her clothing transformed into something a little nicer: a modest silver kimono decorated with brilliant crimson stripes. Time to finally enjoy herself for a change.

"After you ma'am. And... thank you. Thank you for everything." Arizona says with a bright smile.

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Arizona quickly glances over the recipe before carefully sliding it into her satchel. She leans into the unicorn's hug, and tries to let all of her insecurities and anxieties go. She's mostly successful, the unicorn's words doing more than enough to help soothe her worries about Mambi, but there was still this...dread, almost. This feeling that something bad was about to happen.

But that was silly to think, the hybrid told herself. Nothing in her bag could inflict anything as serious as Hydra had, and nothing else would be able to find its way out of her bag in her first place. She was still shocked and upset that Hydra had somehow managed to find a way to do it, but reasoned it must've had something to do with her now long-gone curse.

Which... her curse had been broken! Hydra was taken care of! For the first time in... well, for the first time ever, she had nothing to worry about! A beautiful, carefree grin spread across her face. Finally, she could let her guard down, finally let people in, without fear of anything bad happening to them. Finally she could actually enjoy herself. Finally, she could live out some semblance of a normal life, perhaps -a little shiver of delight ran through her at the thought- perhaps with a certain, devilishly handsome, witty, kind black kitty cat.

So Arizona pushed those feelings away. She straightened, nodding as her clothing transformed into something a little nicer: a modest silver kimono decorated with brilliant crimson stripes. Time to finally enjoy herself for a change.

"After you ma'am. And... thank you. Thank you for everything." Arizona says with a bright smile.

Oh you are most welcome, happy to help! Let's go to the garden, Mambi must be getting anxious by now.

<she leads you out the door and walks down the hallway slowly, her majestic tail swishing slowly as she maneuvers through the passageways. You note that she clearly knows exactly where to go with absolute familiarity, a clear sign she has been here several times already. As she approaches the vine-covered garden door, she takes a moment and sighs dreamily>

Ahhh, the garden, what a wonderful place! I always enjoyed this section the best personally. Very relaxing and earthy...

<she opens the door and sees the cat and a small servant rabbit layout out several plates of crackers and vegetables on a tray. You see several lounge chairs around the small pond, and the artificial "sun" just setting low producing a sunset-orange appearance. You can see small waves lapping the "shoreline" as the holographic bunny Aurora watches over the waterline and various parts of the water with an oddly bemused look, as if reminiscing? They both turn to see you enter and the cat smiles warmly>

Perfect timing girls, come on in!!! I'm just getting the goodies ready and Natasha, I got your favourite right here! <he holds up a small pastry with kale and saffron...>

<she grins and you go over to the spread to examine closer. Meanwhile, as the cat settles in the garden with his friends...>

<Lucien rubbed his sore nose where it attempted to occupy the same space as the metal pole. He twitched it, making sure it still worked before inspecting the oddity and the pile of disturbed sand at the base.>

"Buried treasure? Should have figured that duck was a pirate." <He muttered to himself, not really paying attention to other sets of tracks.>

<The rabbit knelt down and began scooping away the sand until he uncovered the metal box. He carefully pulled it out and examined it as best he could in the darkness. He was unable to determine what it was but the tech did look familiar. He looked for a way to open the box.>

<as he holds the box in his hand, he sees that there appears to be a series of lights on the side, all dark. A faint pained beeping sound can be heard from the speaker assembly, a sign of virtually no energy remaining. As he examines the box more, he uncovers a small solar panel inadvertently, and as the box remains exposed and the sunlight just begins to rise slightly over the horizon, he sees a small amber light beside the solar panel start blinking slowly, responding to the light hitting the box ominously...>

<Marius turned pale and swallowed the lump in his throat. It was now the white-suited duck's turn to be amused.>

"Oh, well, maybe we should try out that spot so we can get a base line for sensitivity?" <He felt embarrassed turning the experience into a scientific endeavor but if anyone could appreciate it, it would be Aurora. He also wondered how many of the tactile sensors would be placed out in the open.>

<she smiles and claps excitedly> That spot? Excellent, this should prove most enjoyable to start! Eventually we can begin to map your own tactile sensors! The particular displayed segment is located in the garden assembly, sub-unit 17. Shall we proceed?

<she moves to the main doors to the dining room and you follow her down the hallway through a familiar path to the garden doors. Curiously as you walk you can smell a sweet perfume, almost equestrian in musk but also like a jasmine? Disregarding it, you see they are already open slightly and you hear voices emerging from within. As you and the holobunny enter the room, you stop and see the cat and hybrid-coyote standing by a series of tables, while by the shoreline the identical holographic rabbit turns to see you enter and smiles warmly! They then both speak in unision>

Welcome Marius! Mambi, I shall be with my friend the duck in subjunction 17 if you require my services. Apologies for the confusion, one moment...

<You do a quick double-take as the cat just tilts his head curiously, looking at the holobunny you entered with and the "new" holobunny in the room. You remind yourself "they're all the same Aurora" yet again, and as you are trying to adjust, the 2 bunnies turn and start to walk towards each other. As they mirror each others movements and touch hands, they walk cleanly through each other, merging into a singular bunny again right before your eyes, and the new single glowing bunny walks back to you quickly>

There, this is probably easier for you to deal with, correct? <she points to a small square latched square segment, then she stops and looks at you closely for a moment as the cat cannot help but to eavesdrop with bemusement and curiosity> The sensors array we require is located on the far wall, under panel 26. Query: Can...any of your feathers detach without injury? It could prove a useful tool for testing? <she walks ahead of you slightly, her excitement still muted as per her inhibition programming but undeniably there!>

Last edited:
Meanwhile, as the cat settles in the garden with his friends...>

<as he holds the box in his hand, he sees that there appears to be a series of lights on the side, all dark. A faint pained beeping sound can be heard from the speaker assembly, a sign of virtually no energy remaining. As he examines the box more, he uncovers a small solar panel inadvertently, and as the box remains exposed and the sunlight just begins to rise slightly over the horizon, he sees a small amber light beside the solar panel start blinking slowly, responding to the light hitting the box ominously...>

<Lucien watched the small, unlabeled LED indicators come to life and flash from yellow to green. He saw one white light increase in intensity and realized it was a projector as soon as a blurry, garbled holographic projection coalesced in the air in front of him.>

"Aurora?" <He asked, bewildered. Figuring the box needed to be charged more, he set it down and spent some time filling in the hole in the sand. He waited some more and picked up the box again, peering at the holographic projection that was starting to resemble the silhouette of a rabbit.>

"Aurora? Is that you?" <He wondered again why the duck had taken the box and tried to hide it out in the sand. It dawned on him that he was often in Aurora's company during the party. What unsavory plans did he have with her?>

<He leaned in closer, trying to make out Aurora's face in the janky holographic mess, but nearly fell backwards in fear when two glowing red eyes suddenly appeared on the otherwise faceless rabbit.>

<With a loud bang, an electrical discharge from the metal box shocked Lucien and he crumpled to the sand. The holographic rabbit projection knelt down over his body and placed one paw on his chest and another on his head. The images of his paws descended, as if reaching inside Lucien's body. Hydra's projection then froze like a paused video, his resources being fully utilized to start his recently developed process of porting his programming to a DNA based architecture.>

<she smiles and claps excitedly> That spot? Excellent, this should prove most enjoyable to start! Eventually we can begin to map your own tactile sensors! The particular displayed segment is located in the garden assembly, sub-unit 17. Shall we proceed?

<Marius bowed and held his arm out.> "After you." <He said politely and closely followed Aurora to the garden. He decided not to mention that his own tactile sensors were pretty well known already.>

<she moves to the main doors to the dining room and you follow her down the hallway through a familiar path to the garden doors. Curiously as you walk you can smell a sweet perfume, almost equestrian in musk but also like a jasmine? Disregarding it, you see they are already open slightly and you hear voices emerging from within. As you and the holobunny enter the room, you stop and see the cat and hybrid-coyote standing by a series of tables, while by the shoreline the identical holographic rabbit turns to see you enter and smiles warmly! They then both speak in unision>

Welcome Marius! Mambi, I shall be with my friend the duck in subjunction 17 if you require my services. Apologies for the confusion, one moment...

<You do a quick double-take as the cat just tilts his head curiously, looking at the holobunny you entered with and the "new" holobunny in the room. You remind yourself "they're all the same Aurora" yet again, and as you are trying to adjust, the 2 bunnies turn and start to walk towards each other. As they mirror each others movements and touch hands, they walk cleanly through each other, merging into a singular bunny again right before your eyes, and the new single glowing bunny walks back to you quickly>

<Marius waved with a big, dumb smile, even happier that whatever serious issue they went to address earlier seemed to have been resolved. As the Auroras combined, Marius discreetly pointed to her and then to himself, then held up two feather fingers and brought them together. He gave a thumbs-up and nodded and then winked. Mambi and Arizona could only cautiously nod back.>

There, this is probably easier for you to deal with, correct?

<Marius snapped back to attention and shifted his thumbs-up to Aurora as if that was what he intended all along.> "Yes, perfect."

<she points to a small square latched square segment, then she stops and looks at you closely for a moment as the cat cannot help but to eavesdrop with bemusement and curiosity> The sensors array we require is located on the far wall, under panel 26. Query: Can...any of your feathers detach without injury? It could prove a useful tool for testing? <she walks ahead of you slightly, her excitement still muted as per her inhibition programming but undeniably there!>

"Hm? Oh, let's see..." <Marius took a quick look around his body and selected a half black, half white feather with only slight damage and wiggled it a bit to remove it without a flinch. Unlike newly developing pin-feathers, mature feathers do not have a blood supply. He held it up to show Aurora and dashed after her to the panel on the far wall.>

NightmareEyes

<she grins and you go over to the spread to examine closer. Meanwhile, as the cat settles in the garden with his friends...>
"Wow. This is a nice place ya've got here Mambs." Arizona says approvingly as she waves at Marius and Aurora doing... something. "Yer... fine if ah call you Mambs, right?" she asks, eyeing the spread and letting out a squeal of delight when she sees another rabbit servant struggling with a tub of peanut butter nearly as big as himself. Eagerly, the hybrid rushes over, snatching it away and nearly bowling the small creature in her excitement as he lets out a startled squeak.

"Oh. Ermm... sorry. Ya don't mind if I take this off yer hands, do ya?" She asks. When the rabbit quickly shakes his head, 'Zona smiles brightly. "Thought not. Thank ya kindly!" She says, grabbing a few crackers and veggies off the table before finally making her way over to Mambi, settling into the lounge chair directly next to him, laying the tub of peanut butter between them in case the cat wanted to share.

The hybrid grinned, turning to Mambi and opening her mouth to speak. When the black cat turned those large, amber eyes on her, however, she found herself transfixed, falling under some sort of spell that left her tongue tied, her heart pounding in its chest, her cheeks warmed with a brilliant flush. Gulping, she turned away, suddenly very self conscious about her appearance. Was her fur still neatly groomed? Her scales shined? Was her kimono straight? She fussed over it for a few moments before remembering that it was impossible for her clothing to be crumpled or wrinkled. What was happening to her!?

'Zona dipped a few crackers and veggies into her peanut butter and shoved them into her mouth so she wouldn't have to speak, eyes lighting up in delight as she quickly shoveled more into her mouth.

"Dis is weally good!" She said, her mouth full of that delicious creamy substance. She swallowed and continued. "Like, really, really good. Ya said ya make a ton'a peanut butter here yerself?"

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<With a loud bang, an electrical discharge from the metal box shocked Lucien and he crumpled to the sand. The holographic rabbit projection knelt down over his body and placed one paw on his chest and another on his head. The images of his paws descended, as if reaching inside Lucien's body. Hydra's projection then froze like a paused video, his resources being fully utilized to start his recently developed process of porting his programming to a DNA based architecture.>

<The helpless bunny tries futilely to resist, but in moments his eyes roll back in his head as everything goes dark, his own consciousness slipping away as he feels himself falling into an endless abyss in his mind, confused and trapped within himself. As the hydra completes its organic transfer, dimly he is aware of his own eyes opening outside his control, his body no longer his own as a reddish hue encompasses all he sees. He tries to scream to no avail, as his body refuses to respond to his wishes anymore and the hydra awakens once again...his plans unknown as of yet.>

<Marius waved with a big, dumb smile, even happier that whatever serious issue they went to address earlier seemed to have been resolved. As the Auroras combined, Marius discreetly pointed to her and then to himself, then held up two feather fingers and brought them together. He gave a thumbs-up and nodded and then winked. Mambi and Arizona could only cautiously nod back.>

<the cat giggles impishly as he flashes a thumbs-up back at the duck, then turns to Natasha and Arizona> There! Aurora's apparently dating someone now. It's official, you have now seen everything <they both chuckle at that "joke">. I hope it works out, she can be quite interesting at times as you know. I don't know what they are up to right now, but she seems happy with him!

<the unicorn nods and grins> It is refreshing to see someone see her for who she is rather than the role she plays normally. When people are meant to be together, anything is possible it seems! <she turns to the coyote and winks playfully>

"Hm? Oh, let's see..." <Marius took a quick look around his body and selected a half black, half white feather with only slight damage and wiggled it a bit to remove it without a flinch. Unlike newly developing pin-feathers, mature feathers do not have a blood supply. He held it up to show Aurora and dashed after her to the panel on the far wall.>

Thank you, I am glad it did not cause damage to you! The sensor array is behind the wall under junction 17, right over here.

<she points to a small panel, attached with basic clips like most of the rest of the standard wall panels. Flipping the clips up, you lift the panel free and set it down as the cat looks over and watches curiously. As you look into the accessway, you see hundreds of wires and circuitry, but predominantly you see a small circle about an inch in diameter glowing brightly blue with a series of ever smaller glowing blue filaments coming from it, weaving through the wall itself in all directions. The holographic rabbit points to the circle and pointing to her own back shoulder, smiles widely>

This is the primary tactile cluster for this segment, allowing me to feel everything in this wall. The concentration of the "nerves" is focused in that circle, and there is no danger to you from any component, so you may touch anything you wish without risk. <she places her hand through the circle and her image's shoulder shifts slightly>

Warmth...how comforting!