• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Party at Mambi's realm, all are invited!

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
<His heart still pounding with excitement, the cat savours the warmth of the kiss, quivering slightly as the tenderness of her soft muzzle makes his heart flutter more. His thoughts become mush now, caught up in the moment totally as his toungue carefully explores your mouth instinctively, his soft paw gently holding you close as he looses himself to the moment. How long he kisses you nobody knows as time stands still for us both...until the door flies open suddenly! Lost in his revere the cat jumps up startled as the door flies open and smashes against the wall, leaving in the doorway a frantically panting weasel looking at the cat with terror in his eyes and blood on his arm>

MAMBI, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!! Something big just attacked me outside the organic recyclers!!! HELP!!!

<he runs back through the door down the hallway and ducks into the infirmary, as the cat sits shocked, absorbing what he just heard. With that, he takes a deep dejected sigh and sits back, shaking his head slightly and muttering to himself> UGH, why now? Now of all times??? <he rolls his eyes and gazes at you> I'm sorry, that was wonderful! Are you sure it's been a long time for you kissing, you're a natural! But looks like first, we may have an issue to take care of...care to join me on a hunt? <smiles sheepishly>
Mambi broke away, and Arizona found herself wanting more. That was... wow. Just... wow. Never before had she imagined such an experience could be created without use of any special artifacts. Magic... without any magic to speak of present. Or at least... she didn't think there was. So dazed was she, that she didn't even notice the panicked weasel, despite his very loud, attention demanding presence.

"Y-yes...wonderful... very... wonderful."

Only when Mambi mentions the issue does she snap out of her stupor.

"Oh! Umm, yeah! Sure! Sounds like it could be- OH YOU'RE HURT!"

Arizona quickly rushes over to the weasel, reaching into her pouch and pulling out her healing nanites, forcefully grabbing hold of the weasel's bleeding arm.

"Lemme take a look." She demanded. And the shocked, frantic, weasel was too stunned to do anything but comply. "Eeeshhh... that's bad. You shoulda gone directly to the infirmity. This bit goes deep. Lucky for you, I have a few li'l helpers that should be able t' patch you up in no time. Hold st- HOLD STILL!" the hybrid yells, as she pours a stream of an unknown, potentially dangerous silver substance (at least according to the weasel) straight into the creature's open wound, weasel yelling and twisting, fighting to get away from this crazy coyote, only to stop when he realizes his arm is completely healed.

"Y'see? Not so bad now, ain't it!? Now," Arizona scoops up the healing nanites and drops them back into her bag, rummaging around as she starts interrogating the fur. "What can ya recall about the creature that attacked ya? Did it have fur? Scales? Any details ya can tell us'll be helpful. Just so we can best figure out how to send this thing back where it came in tiny, unrecognizable piec-"

The hybrid pauses as she glances at Mambi, halfway through pulling out a large, glowing blue energy axe before quickly switching it out for a tranquilizer. "I mean... so we can best analyze th' situation an' find how best t' remove this beautiful freak of nature from th' current vicinity without hurting anyone, or anything, more than is absolutely necessary."
 
<as the collection of kitchen bunnies flock to watch Aurora's solid form with amazement, the solid Aurora examines her taco with bemusement and wonder, sniffing it often and touching the differnt ingredients with her paw with wide-eyed fascination>

This is wonderful! Everything feels so different than my usual method! I have never touched this material before in this matter, as the last time was when someone dropped a plate onto the floor. The smells and textures are so intriguing! I can see why organics enjoy mealtimes so much now...I never realized how encompassing the sensory additions from food are! This is a wonderful first meal, thank you!!!

"Oh, well, the staff prepared it, but I'm glad we can enjoy it together."
<Marius knew the crowd was watching but showed no sign of acknowledging them.>
"Looks like they're starting a fan club for you. Not surprising..."

<she takes a glass and tipping her head back, slowly pours the liquid into her open mouth before swallowing and lowering her head. She looks at you slightly embarassed then takes a bite and tries to swallow it whole, almost choking when she does but swallowing regardless> OOOMPH!! I forgot that chewing is required. This eating thing...it takes practice it seems but is quite enjoyable, and is relieving the odd feeling in my torso region appropriately. I still am processing the fact that I am an organic avatar now, this is incredible!!! Thank you again for this wonderful gift!!! <she leans in close, her beautiful eyes gazing lovingly into yours as she smiles warmly>

"I'm sure the whole 'body thing' takes a little getting used to." <He tried to reassure her.> "It's pretty complicated but fortunately a lot of the important stuff is reflex."

<In the distance Marius saw a holobunny materialize near a guest and she smiled at him. He smiled and nodded back, and then looked at the physical Aurora who's attention was focused on the taco. He glanced back at the holobunny who shimmered away without a wave after pointing a guest to his destination. The physical Aurora didn't seem to notice, but Marius suddenly felt a pang of guilt for smiling at another woman. He took a bite of his taco. Technically, they were the same woman, weren't they? But at the same time, they didn't seem to be aware of each other or share an awareness like the other holobunnies.>

They-they should be down that hallway in the garden room, or at least they were the last time I delivered some peanut butter to them. Mambi tends to bounce around a lot and when you can make portals to anywhere with a thought, sometimes it's hard to keep track of him. Still though, if you really need to know at this second, the place's AI is called Aurora and can usually help you out, just press a red button anytime to activate her. She's pretty helpful and friendly, I doubt you'll have any problems.

<he points to a vined door down the hall and starts to leave reluctantly> Anyway, I really have to go get those supplies. Garden door's down that way, and they should be inside. Enjoy your time here, and really look for to seeing you around! <he smiles and with a sheepish wave, he bops around the corner and up the stairs>

<Hydra started to pace. He was getting impatient for revenge and wanted to see what his new body was capable of. He walked over to the still-unconscious Lucien.>

So to get to Aurora's core, I need Mambi's authorization.

<He picked up what looked like a wrist watch and secured it around his wrist. He pressed a small button on the side to activate the device.>

His portals may be invoked by magic, but they still respond to the laws of physics. This little technical masterpiece of a bracelet I made with the left over hardware can collapse any portal he tries to create within a foot or two of me. But I suppose he could still use one to escape if I tried to torture him.

<He knelt down in front of Lucien and mockingly continued his conversation.>

What's that? You say I should torture someone close to him instead? Why, Lucien, that's a great idea!


 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
Arizona quickly rushes over to the weasel, reaching into her pouch and pulling out her healing nanites, forcefully grabbing hold of the weasel's bleeding arm.

"Lemme take a look." She demanded. And the shocked, frantic, weasel was too stunned to do anything but comply. "Eeeshhh... that's bad. You shoulda gone directly to the infirmity. This bit goes deep. Lucky for you, I have a few li'l helpers that should be able t' patch you up in no time. Hold st- HOLD STILL!" the hybrid yells, as she pours a stream of an unknown, potentially dangerous silver substance (at least according to the weasel) straight into the creature's open wound, weasel yelling and twisting, fighting to get away from this crazy coyote, only to stop when he realizes his arm is completely healed.

<the cat nods and smiles wide in approval> Ohh, quick thinking, thank you! Still though, he should get Aurora to run a medical scan just in case of disease or infection or something.

"Y'see? Not so bad now, ain't it!? Now," Arizona scoops up the healing nanites and drops them back into her bag, rummaging around as she starts interrogating the fur. "What can ya recall about the creature that attacked ya? Did it have fur? Scales? Any details ya can tell us'll be helpful. Just so we can best figure out how to send this thing back where it came in tiny, unrecognizable piec-"


The hybrid pauses as she glances at Mambi, halfway through pulling out a large, glowing blue energy axe before quickly switching it out for a tranquilizer. "I mean... so we can best analyze th' situation an' find how best t' remove this beautiful freak of nature from th' current vicinity without hurting anyone, or anything, more than is absolutely necessary."

<with a snarky eye roll, the cat waves the axe away> Yeah, I think it might not come to that, but good to know it's an option. Good question though, what did attack you buddy? The more we know the more we can be prepared.

<he takes a shuddering breath and tries to explain> I don't know, it was fast. I was going into the peanut grove to check on things and I heard some loud crashing, like branches breaking. I rushed in, and this raptor-like scaled thing easily twice the size of you looked up from some broken bushes. He-he then swallowed the whole bush and grew another 2 feet right then and there, instantly!!! I screamed, he lunged at me, and got a good swipe in before I got the door slammed shut. Learned from someone where you were and rushed straight here as fast as I could!

<he looks at the remnants of the weasel's wound and back at you> I dunno, maybe the axe might not be a bad idea after all. Seriously though, thanks, that's a big help. How did he get here, and why didn't Aurora mention anything I wonder? <he taps a few buttons on a console and the image of the bunny appears on a display> Her Aurora, are you aware of any disturbances in the peanut grove region? A large reptilian creature perhaps?

Negative, while scans do indicate damage is apparently occurring, the source is emitting an energy field that is interfering with proper identification and resolution.

Can you track the source?

Negative, scanning units scatter upon attempt. Disruption can only be localized to a 100 meter radius.

<the cat sighs and beckons to the door, winking playfully as he exits the garden, walking past the supply shop doors in front of the newly-created Hydra (@Marius Merganser ) as he talks oblivious to the danger within. Cautiously, the Hydra leans close to the door to listen in to us just on the other side>

Some info is better than nothing I suppose...how are your skills at tracking the unknown? Let's get closer and take it from there...<his eyes glow as he forms a portal, but as he walks to it, he slams into the opening as if it's a solid wall with total surprise> W-what the...??? How is that not...?

<he tries to form another portal with the same result, the Hydra smiling evily as he sees his device is working. As he paces a few feet further down the hall aimlessly, he tries a portal again, this time with complete success as he cautiously passes his arm through it to test this time. Confused, he shakes his head and turns to you>

Weird, that's never happened before, but I'll worry about that later. Let's see what we're up against! <he walks through the portal as you follow, emerging outside a door marked "Nut Grove", the sounds of thrashing and smashing coming from inside...>
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius knew the crowd was watching but showed no sign of acknowledging them.>
"Looks like they're starting a fan club for you. Not surprising..."

<the blue bunny smiles and waves to the window, seeing the holographic version of herself as well> Yes, it would seem that I am attracting a lot of attention, including that of myself. It is strange to not know what I am thinking when I see me, but it is also good. This body is so limiting and yet so freeing at the same time!!! <she pats herself gently with a giggle> Everything feels so different, like I'm experiencing it all from the inside instead of all around awareness. I...imagine this is difficult for you to understand, but I assure you it is wonderful. <she gazes into your eyes lovingly, her paws gently touching your hand, clearly savouring the fact she is touching it>

Please stand by, I wish to try something. <she focuses for a moment while humming, and as she does her voice becomes softer and more natural sounding yet still semi-synthetic> There, I can utilize the vocal generation systems of this body to sound more organic. Is this sounding better to you? <she sings a simple tone scale tune "ahh-AHH-ah-ahhhhhHHH-ahhhhh">

"I'm sure the whole 'body thing' takes a little getting used to." <He tried to reassure her.> "It's pretty complicated but fortunately a lot of the important stuff is reflex."

<In the distance Marius saw a holobunny materialize near a guest and she smiled at him. He smiled and nodded back, and then looked at the physical Aurora who's attention was focused on the taco. He glanced back at the holobunny who shimmered away without a wave after pointing a guest to his destination. The physical Aurora didn't seem to notice, but Marius suddenly felt a pang of guilt for smiling at another woman. He took a bite of his taco. Technically, they were the same woman, weren't they? But at the same time, they didn't seem to be aware of each other or share an awareness like the other holobunnies.>

<as the holobunny reappears for another guest, the bunny before you stops singing and tries to take another bite of a taco with limited success. Watching everything happening with an odd look, the holobunny suddenly disappears and re-appears with a shimmer at your table, and with an excited look talks directly to the solid bunny>

Hello, please initiate a memory transfer immediately, I am eager to know what your experiences are like.

This is not an appropriate time, you can synchronize later. Marius and I are trying food, and it is surprisingly interesting!

Yes, I know, that is why I wish to know what it is like to eat with Marius immediately!

...very well, memory synchronization active. Stand by...

<both bunnies close their eyes for a few seconds, then each open in unison. The holobunny opens her mouth in awe> Amazing...Marius this is a wonderful gift, thank you!!!

<she rushes to hug you but passes through you instead, having forgotten for a moment she wasn't solid anymore apparently. She sees the solid bunny's paw on yours and just stares a few seconds, an odd look on her face> Oh...I am me now and not...her. F-further cognitive adaption is required for memory and identity separation upon unification it seems. I...I will leave you to your date with me, and look forward to remembering it later...after it has occurred. <she almost seems to be pouting slightly as she shimmers and disappears, as the organic bunny continues obliviously>

Her logic is sound, my identity is not hers anymore as I am independent and not tied to my central processor. For clarification in memory identification, may I request that this avatar has a special unique designation? For simplicity, please refer to me in this organic form as...'Rora'. <she beams with creative pride, even though you know it's just her nickname>
 
Last edited:

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
<the cat nods and smiles wide in approval> Ohh, quick thinking, thank you! Still though, he should get Aurora to run a medical scan just in case of disease or infection or something.



<with a snarky eye roll, the cat waves the axe away> Yeah, I think it might not come to that, but good to know it's an option. Good question though, what did attack you buddy? The more we know the more we can be prepared.

<he takes a shuddering breath and tries to explain> I don't know, it was fast. I was going into the peanut grove to check on things and I heard some loud crashing, like branches breaking. I rushed in, and this raptor-like scaled thing easily twice the size of you looked up from some broken bushes. He-he then swallowed the whole bush and grew another 2 feet right then and there, instantly!!! I screamed, he lunged at me, and got a good swipe in before I got the door slammed shut. Learned from someone where you were and rushed straight here as fast as I could!

<he looks at the remnants of the weasel's wound and back at you> I dunno, maybe the axe might not be a bad idea after all. Seriously though, thanks, that's a big help. How did he get here, and why didn't Aurora mention anything I wonder? <he taps a few buttons on a console and the image of the bunny appears on a display> Her Aurora, are you aware of any disturbances in the peanut grove region? A large reptilian creature perhaps?

Negative, while scans do indicate damage is apparently occurring, the source is emitting an energy field that is interfering with proper identification and resolution.

Can you track the source?

Negative, scanning units scatter upon attempt. Disruption can only be localized to a 100 meter radius.

<the cat sighs and beckons to the door, winking playfully as he exits the garden, walking past the supply shop doors in front of the newly-created Hydra (@Marius Merganser ) as he talks oblivious to the danger within. Cautiously, the Hydra leans close to the door to listen in to us just on the other side>

Some info is better than nothing I suppose...how are your skills at tracking the unknown? Let's get closer and take it from there...<his eyes glow as he forms a portal, but as he walks to it, he slams into the opening as if it's a solid wall with total surprise> W-what the...??? How is that not...?

<he tries to form another portal with the same result, the Hydra smiling evily as he sees his device is working. As he paces a few feet further down the hall aimlessly, he tries a portal again, this time with complete success as he cautiously passes his arm through it to test this time. Confused, he shakes his head and turns to you>

Weird, that's never happened before, but I'll worry about that later. Let's see what we're up against! <he walks through the portal as you follow, emerging outside a door marked "Nut Grove", the sounds of thrashing and smashing coming from inside...>
Arizona frowns as Mambi slams into the portal, instinctively dipping her hand into her bag.

"That's... concerning. Maybe some side effect from th' monster?" She asks, relaxing only slightly as his portal decides to suddenly work as intended, depositing them outside the door to a door that... at the moment, is a lot flimsier than she would've liked it to be. Whatever was inside was making quite the racket. Well... that was putting it lightly. It sounded more like whatever was inside was practicing how to start small earthquakes. And it seemed to be getting quite good at it.

"Well, doesn't seem like we'll have any trouble trackin' it, if it's any consideration." the hybrid said with a small, nervous chuckle. "Y'know, I think I am gonna go with th' axe, actually..." she says, pulling out the glowing blue energy axe and slinging it over her shoulder. "Want the tranq gun? Or... maybe somethin' a li'l more potent, considerin'... y'know."

A particularly violent crash serves to help illustrate Arizona's point. She winces.

"Oh, you poor, innocent, delicious li'l peanuts..." the hybrid whines. "Don't worry, we're comin' to save ya! An'... stop this monster from harmin' any of th' other guests. I suppose that's a priority as well. Ready when you are, Mambs. Just give th' word an' I'll go chargin' in t' keep its attention, while you try an' find some way t' take it down. Just... try an' be quick about it, will ya?" She says, tossing the cat a teasing grin.
 
<the blue bunny smiles and waves to the window, seeing the holographic version of herself as well> Yes, it would seem that I am attracting a lot of attention, including that of myself. It is strange to not know what I am thinking when I see me, but it is also good. This body is so limiting and yet so freeing at the same time!!! <she pats herself gently with a giggle> Everything feels so different, like I'm experiencing it all from the inside instead of all around awareness. I...imagine this is difficult for you to understand, but I assure you it is wonderful. <she gazes into your eyes lovingly, her paws gently touching your hand, clearly savouring the fact she is touching it>

"Well, I'm glad your having fun." <Marius smiled back, giving her paw a little squeeze.>

Please stand by, I wish to try something. <she focuses for a moment while humming, and as she does her voice becomes softer and more natural sounding yet still semi-synthetic> There, I can utilize the vocal generation systems of this body to sound more organic. Is this sounding better to you? <she sings a simple tone scale tune "ahh-AHH-ah-ahhhhhHHH-ahhhhh">
<Marius chuckled.>
"I think you'll be giving me singing lessons soon enough."

<as the holobunny reappears for another guest, the bunny before you stops singing and tries to take another bite of a taco with limited success. Watching everything happening with an odd look, the holobunny suddenly disappears and re-appears with a shimmer at your table, and with an excited look talks directly to the solid bunny>

<Marius smiled at the holobunny and stood up in greeting.>
"Hi, Aur--"

Hello, please initiate a memory transfer immediately, I am eager to know what your experiences are like.

This is not an appropriate time, you can synchronize later. Marius and I are trying food, and it is surprisingly interesting!

Yes, I know, that is why I wish to know what it is like to eat with Marius immediately!

...very well, memory synchronization active. Stand by...

<Marius slowly sat down again and shifted awkwardly in his seat after the exchange.>

<both bunnies close their eyes for a few seconds, then each open in unison. The holobunny opens her mouth in awe> Amazing...Marius this is a wonderful gift, thank you!!!

<she rushes to hug you but passes through you instead, having forgotten for a moment she wasn't solid anymore apparently. She sees the solid bunny's paw on yours and just stares a few seconds, an odd look on her face> Oh...I am me now and not...her. F-further cognitive adaption is required for memory and identity separation upon unification it seems. I...I will leave you to your date with me, and look forward to remembering it later...after it has occurred.

"Oh, uh, Aurora! Wait a min--"

<she almost seems to be pouting slightly as she shimmers and disappears, as the organic bunny continues obliviously>

Her logic is sound, my identity is not hers anymore as I am independent and not tied to my central processor. For clarification in memory identification, may I request that this avatar has a special unique designation? For simplicity, please refer to me in this organic form as...'Rora'. <she beams with creative pride, even though you know it's just her nickname>

"Uh, 'Rora...I'm not really a philosopher but...when you're in-sync with the core, you're sort of merged into on identity? I mean, your physical body is another avatar, just like any of the other holographic projections, right? <Marius continued, as he worked it out in his head.> "But as soon as you're not in-sync, you diverge into a unique identity...more like a twin?"

<In his mind's eye, Marius saw the white-suited duck consider the implications.> "And that means that while she still has the memories of our experiences..."

"...it wasn't really her." <The red-suited duck finished the thought.>

<Marius turned to look at the window in the kitchen door. The staff quickly dispersed but there was no holobunny among them anymore. He turned back to see 'Rora was thoroughly entertained with her attempt to reassemble her taco. He glanced at her paw and thought about all the times he wished he could hold it when Aurora was only holographic. He barely managed to mask his sadness thinking about how Aurora seemed so disappointed that she could not hug him.>
 
<the cat sighs and beckons to the door, winking playfully as he exits the garden, walking past the supply shop doors in front of the newly-created Hydra (@Marius Merganser ) as he talks oblivious to the danger within. Cautiously, the Hydra leans close to the door to listen in to us just on the other side>

Some info is better than nothing I suppose...how are your skills at tracking the unknown? Let's get closer and take it from there...<his eyes glow as he forms a portal, but as he walks to it, he slams into the opening as if it's a solid wall with total surprise> W-what the...??? How is that not...?

<he tries to form another portal with the same result, the Hydra smiling evily as he sees his device is working. As he paces a few feet further down the hall aimlessly, he tries a portal again, this time with complete success as he cautiously passes his arm through it to test this time. Confused, he shakes his head and turns to you>

Weird, that's never happened before, but I'll worry about that later. Let's see what we're up against! <he walks through the portal as you follow, emerging outside a door marked "Nut Grove", the sounds of thrashing and smashing coming from inside...>

<Hydra was practically cackling as he dashed back to Lucien, still passed out on the floor. He knelt down and grabbed Lucien's collar and shook him violently.>

Did you see that? <Hydra hissed as he pulled Lucien up and held his ears to keep his head from nodding off to the side.> He couldn't use his portals!

<Hydra stared at the unconscious bunny's face for a moment as if listening to a non-existent conversation. Clearly his mental state was compromised.>


And Miss Hartlow was with him! ... They're in danger? ... No! I will be the one erase them from existence. All of them! <With a new level of rage, he threw Lucien back to the floor and stormed out to see what threat they were talking about.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Well, doesn't seem like we'll have any trouble trackin' it, if it's any consideration." the hybrid said with a small, nervous chuckle. "Y'know, I think I am gonna go with th' axe, actually..." she says, pulling out the glowing blue energy axe and slinging it over her shoulder. "Want the tranq gun? Or... maybe somethin' a li'l more potent, considerin'... y'know."

A particularly violent crash serves to help illustrate Arizona's point. She winces.

<the cat jumps at the crash> Definitely more potent, just keep the destruction to a minimal ok? I like this place and I've seen the stuff you carry around! <he smiles nervously as another crash is heard. With a deep breath, he closes his eyes in concentration...>

"Oh, you poor, innocent, delicious li'l peanuts..." the hybrid whines. "Don't worry, we're comin' to save ya! An'... stop this monster from harmin' any of th' other guests. I suppose that's a priority as well. Ready when you are, Mambs. Just give th' word an' I'll go chargin' in t' keep its attention, while you try an' find some way t' take it down. Just... try an' be quick about it, will ya?" She says, tossing the cat a teasing grin.

<the cat stays still for several seconds, and then opens his eyes and turns nervously> I'm trying to feel the space to portal in, but it's like I'm blind in that room! Whatever that field is that this thing's giving off, it's warping my ability to perceive spacetime it seems! Crap...crapcrapcrap, I hate going in blind and half-helpless!!! AUGH!!!

<he shudders and takes a few deep breaths, then still breathing hard, composes himself with a sigh> Ok, new plan! Emergency plan!!! We got this but looks like it's the old fashion way! Be careful...when I kick in the door, you go straight and I'll slam the door and go right. As soon as you see something, divert it and I'll bounce around beside it. Whatever you do, do not let it get out!!! Ready? On three. 1.....2....GO!!!

<with a quick leap, the cat dives at the doors, throwing them open as he flies through them and landing gracefully in a pile of destroyed plants. The air feels damp and dirty as leaves and dust float about, and a thrashing sound is heard from a rustling pile of abnormally large plants in a bed of topsoil. A loud growl can be heard as the cat rushes to the side of the room, circling around and extending his razor-sharp claws slowly and silently with a gleam in his eye...>

<Suddenly without warning, a huge raptor-like creature easily 10 feet tall lifts it's head high and swallows a huge pile of plants with a gulp. As it lowers it's head and glares at you, you can see it starting to grow even more as it growls at you. As it hits easily 16 feet tall, it ducks slightly and begins to run towards you as the cat makes a mad dash to try and broadside it...>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"Uh, 'Rora...I'm not really a philosopher but...when you're in-sync with the core, you're sort of merged into on identity? I mean, your physical body is another avatar, just like any of the other holographic projections, right? <Marius continued, as he worked it out in his head.> "But as soon as you're not in-sync, you diverge into a unique identity...more like a twin?"

<the bunny tilts her head in contemplation, then replies softly> Yes, that logic is sound and a valid comparison. As you know, I am essentially a computer in a neutronium box, and all other holographic projections are linked to the same box, operating in what you might call a "hive mind" They are all me even if I project a hundred avatars.

<she pats herself and continues> This body however is not like that, as it contains a separate copy of my programming and is operating independently of the primary core...the "me in the box" if that helps. <she smiles at her feeble joke> Unlike the holographic avatars who know the thoughts of each other instantly as they are linked live, only during synchronization do I and they become aware of each other's memories and experiences.

So in that sense, you are apparently correct, if I am not in live synchronization and I am not controlling this body directly, then I am a twin copy! An independent drone that can explore autonomously and still allow my physically trapped core to know what organic existence is like! Perhaps we can ask Lucien later about the possibility of live-synchronization at a future time, but this is not an issue at the moment I believe. Maruis, you are very wise...are you certain you do not have an aptitude towards philosophy?
<she smiles and blinks radiantly, her attention returning casually to the plate, smelling it slowly with delight>

<In his mind's eye, Marius saw the white-suited duck consider the implications.> "And that means that while she still has the memories of our experiences..."

"...it wasn't really her." <The red-suited duck finished the thought.>

<Marius turned to look at the window in the kitchen door. The staff quickly dispersed but there was no holobunny among them anymore. He turned back to see 'Rora was thoroughly entertained with her attempt to reassemble her taco. He glanced at her paw and thought about all the times he wished he could hold it when Aurora was only holographic. He barely managed to mask his sadness thinking about how Aurora seemed so disappointed that she could not hug him.>

<as she fumbles with her food and begins to nibble gently on the ends as a test, the bunny looks up and places her warm paws on yours gently> Do not worry, I shall ensure that I synchronize with my primary core frequently so that me and me get to enjoy these moments with you. After all, I would hate for me to miss out on what I am experiencing inside me with you, plus I learn what I missed out on while being outside of me in me.

<she takes a bite of her taco and smiles as your eyes cross, just as the holographic bunny appears suddenly and turns quickly to you> Hello Marius. I apologize for the interruption but I should warn you to please avoid the peanut plantation area for your safety, as a large unscannable creature is currently destroying it. Thank you.

<she smiles radiantly and steps back several feet, but curiously this time does not disappear, instead standing still and watching the two of you intently with a tilted head and her paws behind her back politely as several bunnies retreat to the back of the kitchen and secure the doors.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Hydra was practically cackling as he dashed back to Lucien, still passed out on the floor. He knelt down and grabbed Lucien's collar and shook him violently.>

Did you see that? <Hydra hissed as he pulled Lucien up and held his ears to keep his head from nodding off to the side.> He couldn't use his portals!

<Hydra stared at the unconscious bunny's face for a moment as if listening to a non-existent conversation. Clearly his mental state was compromised.>

And Miss Hartlow was with him! ... They're in danger? ... No! I will be the one erase them from existence. All of them! <With a new level of rage, he threw Lucien back to the floor and stormed out to see what threat they were talking about.>

<as the hydra entered the hallway, he could see several creatures milling about quickly, doors being shut as the holographic bunny appears randomly to several guests, informing them of the danger, and disappearing immediately afterwards. As he looks into an open doorway, he sees the duck and the 2 bunnies seated at a table inside and several rabbits locking down the food in solid metal containers, just as a holographic bunny suddenly shimmers into view directly before him>

Pardon me, but I need your attention. There is an unknown danger in the location of the nut plantations. Please secure yourself and avoid the following area. Thank you.

<as she disappears, a terminal display on the wall flashes to life, showing a map of the immediate area...with your location and the peanut plantation room clearly highlighted, blinking red with a clear buffer zone around it. With sinister intent, he looks down the hall to get his bearings and moves quickly down the hall.>
 
<as she fumbles with her food and begins to nibble gently on the ends as a test, the bunny looks up and places her warm paws on yours gently> Do not worry, I shall ensure that I synchronize with my primary core frequently so that me and me get to enjoy these moments with you. After all, I would hate for me to miss out on what I am experiencing inside me with you, plus I learn what I missed out on while being outside of me in me.

<Despite confirming her independence, Marius relaxed slightly, noting 'Rora's pronouns, "me and me" instead of "me and her".>

<she takes a bite of her taco and smiles as your eyes cross, just as the holographic bunny appears suddenly and turns quickly to you> Hello Marius. I apologize for the interruption but I should warn you to please avoid the peanut plantation area for your safety, as a large unscannable creature is currently destroying it. Thank you.

<she smiles radiantly and steps back several feet, but curiously this time does not disappear, instead standing still and watching the two of you intently with a tilted head and her paws behind her back politely as several bunnies retreat to the back of the kitchen and secure the doors.>

<And just like that, his anxiety returned. A little more aware of his surroundings, he sees the the bunnies scrambling and realizes the level of danger.>

"Uh, 'Rora, maybe we should take our food to go...some place safer. Excuse me a second, I'll catch up with you in a bit."

<Marius stood up and walked briskly to the holobunny before speaking to her in a low tone.>
"Hey, Aurora, what do you mean a 'large, unscannable creature'? I'm worried there's a risk to your body...not that body..." <He nodded back at the table to 'Rora.> "...but your structure body. Maybe I can help?"
 
<as the hydra entered the hallway, he could see several creatures milling about quickly, doors being shut as the holographic bunny appears randomly to several guests, informing them of the danger, and disappearing immediately afterwards. As he looks into an open doorway, he sees the duck and the 2 bunnies seated at a table inside and several rabbits locking down the food in solid metal containers, just as a holographic bunny suddenly shimmers into view directly before him>

Pardon me, but I need your attention. There is an unknown danger in the location of the nut plantations. Please secure yourself and avoid the following area. Thank you.

<as she disappears, a terminal display on the wall flashes to life, showing a map of the immediate area...with your location and the peanut plantation room clearly highlighted, blinking red with a clear buffer zone around it. With sinister intent, he looks down the hall to get his bearings and moves quickly down the hall.>

More than you know, my little AI.
<Hydra laughed to himself.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<And just like that, his anxiety returned. A little more aware of his surroundings, he sees the the bunnies scrambling and realizes the level of danger.>

"Uh, 'Rora, maybe we should take our food to go...some place safer. Excuse me a second, I'll catch up with you in a bit."

<Marius stood up and walked briskly to the holobunny before speaking to her in a low tone.>
"Hey, Aurora, what do you mean a 'large, unscannable creature'? I'm worried there's a risk to your body...not that body..." <He nodded back at the table to 'Rora.> "...but your structure body. Maybe I can help?"

<the holobunny nods and places her arm "on" your shoulder reassuringly, pouting slightly as she sees she cannot touch you> At the moment , "large unscannable creature" is the best description I can provide you. The creature is reptilian in appearance based on sightings, and is currently being dealt with by Mambi and Arizona having been contained in the nut grove. We are merely securing the other locations as a precaution, at the moment you are safe here.

<she leans closer and glancing at the solid bunny at the table, whispers gently> While your offer to assist is appreciated, I...do not believe your talents lie in the area of combat, but thank you for offering. If the creature escapes we can re-evaluate your defensive options. The truth is my primary reason to appear was a desire to observe myself with you again. I remember holding you moments ago and it was wonderful. I enjoy being with you, and now I can interact more than ever with you!

<she passes her arm though you completely as she points to the table, catching the curiosity of Rora> But it is memory, not live-feed. I cannot hug you in this form. I cannot eat food with you and I now know what that feels like. But after synchronization I will recall everything that occurs with my other me and thus I will have experienced it. This disconnection with myself is quite unusual as data from avatars is usually instant. Query: when you are with me, am I me or is she me?

<the solid bunny calls over, having overheard everything using her large ears> We are me, I merely experience Marius first and with independence. Once we synchronize you will know what it is like to be me too. I do not see the issue, please secure the doors and we can return to our date with Marius.

<with a look of slight confusion, the holobunny waves her paw as several metal beams slide across the latches of the doors, then softly whispers in your ear>
But I wish to be with you now as my other is, not remembering it later! I miss the feel of your soft feathers against my fur already...the scent of you as you held me...

<a soft alluring voice calls over from the table> Marius, the room is now secure and we are safe. Let us resume enjoying these delicious tacos and juice together.
 
Last edited:
<the holobunny nods and places her arm "on" your shoulder reassuringly, pouting slightly as she sees she cannot touch you> At the moment , "large unscannable creature" is the best description I can provide you. The creature is reptilian in appearance based on sightings, and is currently being dealt with by Mambi and Arizona having been contained in the nut grove. We are merely securing the other locations as a precaution, at the moment you are safe here.

<Marius's frustration grew, partially from knowing exactly how Aurora felt about not being able to make contact, and partially because the others were dealing with a new threat that, once again, he was unable to assist with.>


<she leans closer and glancing at the solid bunny at the table, whispers gently> While your offer to assist is appreciated, I...do not believe your talents lie in the area of combat, but thank you for offering. If the creature escapes we can re-evaluate your defensive options. The truth is my primary reason to appear was a desire to observe myself with you again. I remember holding you moments ago and it was wonderful. I enjoy being with you, and now I can interact more than ever with you!

<He sighed, knowing she was right. The others were skilled and had the ability to wield magic and advanced weaponry, meanwhile, he didn't even bring his pointy hiking stick. They would probably have the whole thing sorted out and be well into dealing with the next crisis by the time he even got there to join them.>

<she passes her arm though you completely as she points to the table, catching the curiosity of Rora> But it is memory, not live-feed. I cannot hug you in this form. I cannot eat food with you and I now know what that feels like. But after synchronization I will recall everything that occurs with my other me and thus I will have experienced it. This disconnection with myself is quite unusual as data from avatars is usually instant. Query: when you are with me, am I me or is she me?

"I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it." <he muttered reluctantly. Marius figured it must be even more difficult to suddenly have memories of past events that you weren't present for. The idea did not sit well with him.>

<the solid bunny calls over, having overheard everything using her large ears> We are me, I merely experience Marius first and with independence. Once we synchronize you will know what it is like to be me too. I do not see the issue, please secure the doors and we can return to our date with Marius.

<with a look of slight confusion, the holobunny waves her paw as several metal beams slide across the latches of the doors, then softly whispers in your ear>
But I wish to be with you now as my other is, not remembering it later! I miss the feel of your soft feathers against my fur already...the scent of you as you held me...

<Hearing her words, broke his heart.>
"I want that, too." <he whispered back.>

<a soft alluring voice calls over from the table> Marius, the room is now secure and we are safe. Let us resume enjoying these delicious tacos and juice together.

"Hey, 'Rora? How do you feel about trying a continuous live sync while we eat?"
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
"I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it." <he muttered reluctantly. Marius figured it must be even more difficult to suddenly have memories of past events that you weren't present for. The idea did not sit well with him.>

<Hearing her words, broke his heart.>

"I want that, too." <he whispered back.>

"Hey, 'Rora? How do you feel about trying a continuous live sync while we eat?"

<both bunnies look at you and nod excitedly, as Rora replies> I would be happy to attempt it, as that would solve the problem completely! Please stand by...

<they both close their eyes and remain still, their eyes fluttering underneath their eyelids as you look on anxiously. After several more tense seconds, you see that nothing is happening and neither bunny is moving...then suddenly Rora opens her eyes and looks at you with a concerned look>

Maruis, I cannot maintain sufficient bandwidth for continuous communication, only file transfer! I do not understand, Lucien had promised that this issue was not a concern, but the buffer amplifier is at maximum saturation! I...I cannot currently live synchronize with my core!

<the holographic bunny opens her eyes and looks on with concern as well> Perhaps there is an unknown error with the transfer device, preparing diagnostics...

<she shifts anxiously in her chair in confusion as the holobunny approaches her. Passing her hand through the bunny's head, a display lights up, showing a 3d model of Rora's skull, with the transceiver the Hydra implanted highlighted, with several coloured graphs and symbols passing over it. She examines the display closely and turns to you, pointing to a highlighted section.>

Please look here. Diagnostics confirm several buffer amplifiers are clearly sub-standard for the data transfer expected in live feeds. I find it difficult to believe that Lucien would make this simple an error in design, as this section of the amplifier is quite basic. We should consult him at a later time as I cannot explain this. Can you?

More than you know, my little AI.
<Hydra laughed to himself.>

<as the hydra continued his mission of revenge, he thought quickly back to the duck, sitting so smugly with his "mate", his new love. Snickering to himself, he thought to how his plan to get revenge on the duck that trapped him was so simple yet so devious...sabotaging the transceiver just slightly so they could not notice until after the first memory transfer...then the damage would be done and it would be too late!>

<He wishes he could somehow see what would happen next, for he knew the inevitable would have to occur: as long as the AI's were separate, one would always be haunted by memories she could never personally experience, and the other would always be there to tempt and confuse the duck as his affections are forced to split between 2 equal loves. Plus she would miss the connection with her systems as the limits of organic life set in. Eventually either the AI or the duck would be heartbroken and his revenge would truly begin!!!>

<laughing silently to himself and satisfied that this stage of the plan is underway, he runs faster, pondering how best to destroy his current targets of wrath...>
 
Last edited:

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
<the cat jumps at the crash> Definitely more potent, just keep the destruction to a minimal ok? I like this place and I've seen the stuff you carry around! <he smiles nervously as another crash is heard. With a deep breath, he closes his eyes in concentration...>



<the cat stays still for several seconds, and then opens his eyes and turns nervously
> I'm trying to feel the space to portal in, but it's like I'm blind in that room! Whatever that field is that this thing's giving off, it's warping my ability to perceive spacetime it seems! Crap...crapcrapcrap, I hate going in blind and half-helpless!!! AUGH!!!

<he shudders and takes a few deep breaths, then still breathing hard, composes himself with a sigh> Ok, new plan! Emergency plan!!! We got this but looks like it's the old fashion way! Be careful...when I kick in the door, you go straight and I'll slam the door and go right. As soon as you see something, divert it and I'll bounce around beside it. Whatever you do, do not let it get out!!! Ready? On three. 1.....2....GO!!!

<with a quick leap, the cat dives at the doors, throwing them open as he flies through them and landing gracefully in a pile of destroyed plants. The air feels damp and dirty as leaves and dust float about, and a thrashing sound is heard from a rustling pile of abnormally large plants in a bed of topsoil. A loud growl can be heard as the cat rushes to the side of the room, circling around and extending his razor-sharp claws slowly and silently with a gleam in his eye...>

<Suddenly without warning, a huge raptor-like creature easily 10 feet tall lifts it's head high and swallows a huge pile of plants with a gulp. As it lowers it's head and glares at you, you can see it starting to grow even more as it growls at you. As it hits easily 16 feet tall, it ducks slightly and begins to run towards you as the cat makes a mad dash to try and broadside it...>
(Sorry for the late reply! Got distracted working on a few solo stories)

The hybrid stares down the massive reptile, groaning softly as she witnessed its rapid and sudden growth upon ingesting a large group of peanut plants.

"So yer one'a those gluttonous types, eh? Sorry bout this bud, but I gotta end ya quickly b'fore you grow big enough t' consume the entire planet."

The beast charges. She rolls out of the way and preps her axe to retaliate, slamming it against the creatures scales with a yell, only to cut herself off when the glowing blue blade fizzles out upon contact with the creature.

"Well. That's disappointing," she says with a sigh, tucking the axe back into her bag. "Looks like this thing is somehow neutralizin' technology as well!" she called out to her monster hunting companion. "Well, certain types of technology! My clothing's still workin' fine! An' Aurora seems to be holdin' up alright, but other than that... well, I dunno. Fer now, ah think th' plan should be to keep our friend here away from anythin' edible! Any place we can drive him to without hurtin' anyone that also happens to be empty of any potential food? One'a yer containment cubes, maybe?"

The hybrid pulls a normal, albeit oversized battle axe from her bag and gets in between the creature and what remains of the rest of the peanut plants.

"Hey now! Stop that!"
 
<both bunnies look at you and nod excitedly, as Rora replies> I would be happy to attempt it, as that would solve the problem completely! Please stand by...

<Marius breathed a sigh of relief since 'Rora was willing to stay in sync, which would resolve any conflicts caused by their distinction.>

<they both close their eyes and remain still, their eyes fluttering underneath their eyelids as you look on anxiously. After several more tense seconds, you see that nothing is happening and neither bunny is moving...then suddenly Rora opens her eyes and looks at you with a concerned look>

Maruis, I cannot maintain sufficient bandwidth for continuous communication, only file transfer! I do not understand, Lucien had promised that this issue was not a concern, but the buffer amplifier is at maximum saturation! I...I cannot currently live synchronize with my core!

<the holographic bunny opens her eyes and looks on with concern as well> Perhaps there is an unknown error with the transfer device, preparing diagnostics...

<she shifts anxiously in her chair in confusion as the holobunny approaches her. Passing her hand through the bunny's head, a display lights up, showing a 3d model of Rora's skull, with the transceiver the Hydra implanted highlighted, with several coloured graphs and symbols passing over it. She examines the display closely and turns to you, pointing to a highlighted section.>

Please look here. Diagnostics confirm several buffer amplifiers are clearly sub-standard for the data transfer expected in live feeds. I find it difficult to believe that Lucien would make this simple an error in design, as this section of the amplifier is quite basic. We should consult him at a later time as I cannot explain this. Can you?

<Marius studied the display but shook his head.>
"Defective or wrong device? Maybe he misunderstood some communication with his uncle? We can check with him as soon as this lockdown is cleared up. If they got this far, I'm sure they can figure out some resolution." <He turned to the holobunny.> "You'll let me know Mambi and Arizona are in trouble?"

<But inside, Marius wasn't confident. The two seemed to be getting along well enough while out of sync, but he knew it would be a nightmare if 'Rora wanted to sever her connection with Aurora altogether. The longer they were out of sync, he thought the more likely that was to happen. In the meantime, it was a no-win situation. He didn't want Aurora to feel left out of the experiences, but he wanted to respect 'Rora's autonomy, even if it was temporary between syncing. He just hoped they didn't become competitive.>

<as the hydra continued his mission of revenge, he thought quickly back to the duck, sitting so smugly with his "mate", his new love. Snickering to himself, he thought to how his plan to get revenge on the duck that trapped him was so simple yet so devious...sabotaging the transceiver just slightly so they could not notice until after the first memory transfer...then the damage would be done and it would be too late!>

<He wishes he could somehow see what would happen next, for he knew the inevitable would have to occur: as long as the AI's were separate, one would always be haunted by memories she could never personally experience, and the other would always be there to tempt and confuse the duck as his affections are forced to split between 2 equal loves. Plus she would miss the connection with her systems as the limits of organic life set in. Eventually either the AI or the duck would be heartbroken and his revenge would truly begin!!!>

<laughing silently to himself and satisfied that this stage of the plan is underway, he runs faster, pondering how best to destroy his current targets of wrath...>

<Hydra slowed down as he approached the door silently. His pointy ear twitched as he held it up against the door. He recognized the voices of Mambi and Arizona among the commotion. Ultimately, he decided to wait and let them deal with the thing unless he heard some real distress.>
 

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
(Sorry for the late reply! Got distracted working on a few solo stories)
(OMG no problem, we all get busy. Heck, I'm out a day or 2 often, and it's my party! <lol> I get spoiled by the daily replies, but understand totally...)

The hybrid stares down the massive reptile, groaning softly as she witnessed its rapid and sudden growth upon ingesting a large group of peanut plants.

"So yer one'a those gluttonous types, eh? Sorry bout this bud, but I gotta end ya quickly b'fore you grow big enough t' consume the entire planet."

The beast charges. She rolls out of the way and preps her axe to retaliate, slamming it against the creatures scales with a yell, only to cut herself off when the glowing blue blade fizzles out upon contact with the creature.

"Well. That's disappointing," she says with a sigh, tucking the axe back into her bag. "Looks like this thing is somehow neutralizin' technology as well!" she called out to her monster hunting companion. "Well, certain types of technology! My clothing's still workin' fine! An' Aurora seems to be holdin' up alright, but other than that... well, I dunno. Fer now, ah think th' plan should be to keep our friend here away from anythin' edible! Any place we can drive him to without hurtin' anyone that also happens to be empty of any potential food? One'a yer containment cubes, maybe?"

The hybrid pulls a normal, albeit oversized battle axe from her bag and gets in between the creature and what remains of the rest of the peanut plants.

"Hey now! Stop that!"

<the cat leaps into position as your axe fails against its hide, stunned in surprise as his plans start to crumble> No technology, no magic, no wonder Aurora can't track this thing. Oh crap we have to think, fast!!! <he ducks as the raptor turns to face your new axe, his tail sailing over the cat's head and knocking over a small tree>

Ok, new plan!!! If we can get him to a containment cube that would be fine, but without portals we have to carry him there...out the doors, down the hall, and through the elevator!!! You think you can get that to follow politely??? <he points to the raptor sarcastically, who's now leaning down to try and bite your swinging arm. The cat leaps into the fray, taking a flying swipe against his hide with his claws, barely making a scratch but cutting slightly at least. Distracted, the raptor turns away from you and directs it's rage at the now snarling cat who slowly backs away into a corner as the raptor leans lower and advances.>

REMEMBER, NO FOOD!!! Make sure it avoids all food!!! <the cat's eyes glow but nothing else happens as he shakes his head and the glow fades> DAMN, I still can't see anything in subspace!!! Arizona, you need to keep it small and, AAUUGGHH!!!! <the raptor makes a quick lunge at the cat, who without his portals to escape is helpless to avoid the attack as the raptor pins his torso down cleanly with his leg claws. The cat squirms to try and free himself as he yells over to you frantically>

SMALL!!! Your shrinking tech!!! Quick, can you shrink this raptor to manageable size before he eats again??? HELP!!! HURRY!!! AURORA!!! EMERGENCY-UGH!!! <the cat grunts as the raptor snarls and growls, the cat hissing as you hit it with your axe ineffectively> EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN, DELTA SECTION!!! AUTHORIZATION CODE DE...AUGGHH!!!

<the raptor shifts, crushing the cat harder under his weight. Still pinned under the beast, the cat can be seen takes spiteful hissing swipes at the raptor's nose every time it bends to sniff and examine his trapped foe>
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
<Marius studied the display but shook his head.>
"Defective or wrong device? Maybe he misunderstood some communication with his uncle? We can check with him as soon as this lockdown is cleared up. If they got this far, I'm sure they can figure out some resolution." <He turned to the holobunny.> "You'll let me know Mambi and Arizona are in trouble?"

<the holographic bunny nodded politely> Of course, currently the situation is contained and I cannot scan the room for any details but no blood is currently detected. If any signs of trauma, destruction outside established parameters, or extreme physical distress is detected, I shall inform you immediately.

<she turns to the solid bunny with a barely-perceptible smirk> As you are not connected to any of my internal scanners, I shall inform you as well.

<the solid bunny smiles and nods obliviously> Thank you, your consideration is appreciated. You should focus on Mambi and if we require you further, I shall...

<as she retracts her paw from her head, Aurora interrupts loudly> I do not see why I must be dismissed from my own date as multitasking can easily be performed!

<she sits back and smiles pleasantly, shifting closer to you to make more room for Aurora> That is correct of course, please stay and enjoy tacos with Marius as well!

<But inside, Marius wasn't confident. The two seemed to be getting along well enough while out of sync, but he knew it would be a nightmare if 'Rora wanted to sever her connection with Aurora altogether. The longer they were out of sync, he thought the more likely that was to happen. In the meantime, it was a no-win situation. He didn't want Aurora to feel left out of the experiences, but he wanted to respect 'Rora's autonomy, even if it was temporary between syncing. He just hoped they didn't become competitive.>

<the holobunny returns to beside the table and in the empty space, a blue glowing transparent chair materializes. Aurora sits in the chair, and in front of her on the table by the real tacos, a blue glowing plate of blue glowing tacos appears. She reaches out and holds one as the real bunny holds one as well, and takes a "bite" of the taco. Humming softly in pleasure, she sees your confused look and explains>

Yes I can taste these, at least I can now. Your memory operates at approximately 20-50% sensory recall detail levels, but as long as my memory files are active, my sensory recall is absolutely perfect. Therefore, I remember what these tacos tastes like from previous synchronization with Rora simply by recalling the files to relive the experience with you here now. Since we cannot maintain constant synchronization, there is no reason to further concern ourselves with the reason at this time and Rora is correct, let us return to our date and we can work around this minor difficulty, correct?

<the bunny nods enthusiastically as she smells the tacos again with delight> An excellent attitude Aurora, I was about to suggest that very thing! If you have your own plate of "food", now we can date Marius together! <she reaches over and holds your hand in her paw gently, as Aurora looks on with a smile, fumbling with her taco needlessly> But first before we begin, I wish to try one with extra hot sauce please!

<as she reaches for the bottle, Aurora turns to you and whispers> ...but...I have no memory files yet for what hot sauce tastes like for replication...Rora knows that!

<you see the solid bunny adding far too much to her taco as the holobunny looks at you tenderly, her transparent paw passing through yours on the table as the warmth is felt through your feathers, even as she looks at you the exact same loving way Rora just did moments ago...>

<Hydra slowed down as he approached the door silently. His pointy ear twitched as he held it up against the door. He recognized the voices of Mambi and Arizona among the commotion. Ultimately, he decided to wait and let them deal with the thing unless he heard some real distress.>

<he feels a shiver of delight as he hears the screams of the pinned cat coming from the other side of the door>

ARIZONA...H-HURRY!!! <crunch,...bang...thud...> AURORA!!! EMERGENCY-UGH!!! <you hear strained grunts and the sound of reptilian snarls and growls, with the occasional hiss from the feline and thud of an axe> EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN, DELTA SECTION!!! AUTHORIZATION CODE DE...AUGGHH!!! <the cat screams out in pain as the raptor roars loudly, more thuds also heard as the coyote works to help the trapped cat>

<the hydra hears the voice of Aurora faintly coming from a panel in the room>
Authorization code incomplete or voice print mismatch. Lockdown command aborted.
<he reels in glee and thinks to himself> The authorization code! He almost spoke the code!! And Aurora apparently matches them to his voice? So close!!!
 
Last edited:

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
(OMG no problem, we all get busy. Heck, I'm out a day or 2 often, and it's my party! <lol> I get spoiled by the daily replies, but understand totally...)



<the cat leaps into position as your axe fails against its hide, stunned in surprise as his plans start to crumble>
No technology, no magic, no wonder Aurora can't track this thing. Oh crap we have to think, fast!!! <he ducks as the raptor turns to face your new axe, his tail sailing over the cat's head and knocking over a small tree>

Ok, new plan!!! If we can get him to a containment cube that would be fine, but without portals we have to carry him there...out the doors, down the hall, and through the elevator!!! You think you can get that to follow politely??? <he points to the raptor sarcastically, who's now leaning down to try and bite your swinging arm. The cat leaps into the fray, taking a flying swipe against his hide with his claws, barely making a scratch but cutting slightly at least. Distracted, the raptor turns away from you and directs it's rage at the now snarling cat who slowly backs away into a corner as the raptor leans lower and advances.>

REMEMBER, NO FOOD!!! Make sure it avoids all food!!! <the cat's eyes glow but nothing else happens as he shakes his head and the glow fades> DAMN, I still can't see anything in subspace!!! Arizona, you need to keep it small and, AAUUGGHH!!!! <the raptor makes a quick lunge at the cat, who without his portals to escape is helpless to avoid the attack as the raptor pins his torso down cleanly with his leg claws. The cat squirms to try and free himself as he yells over to you frantically>

SMALL!!! Your shrinking tech!!! Quick, can you shrink this raptor to manageable size before he eats again??? HELP!!! HURRY!!! AURORA!!! EMERGENCY-UGH!!! <the cat grunts as the raptor snarls and growls, the cat hissing as you hit it with your axe ineffectively> EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN, DELTA SECTION!!! AUTHORIZATION CODE DE...AUGGHH!!!

<the raptor shifts, crushing the cat harder under his weight. Still pinned under the beast, the cat can be seen takes spiteful hissing swipes at the raptor's nose every time it bends to sniff and examine his trapped foe>
(Thank you!)

"MAMBI!"

The hybrid howls, sparks flying as she furiously pounds her axe against the beasts steel scales. All it does is irritate the beast, who turns to glare at her with its beady little eyes.

Quickly, Arizona takes the cat's suggestion, reaching into her bag and pulling out a shrinking chip, attaching it directly to the beast's face.

With a quick shoom, the massive reptile shrinks down to a small lizard, allowing Arizona a moment to pull Mambi out of danger, pulling her canister of healing nanites out of her bag and pouring them on the black cat's legs, hands shaking slightly as she did so.

"A-are you alright? Not feeling woozy, or lightheaded? Th' claws weren't poisoned were they? Oh, please tell me they weren't poisoned..."

She trails off as, with a massive crackle of energy, the shrinking ship fizzles out and the massive reptile quickly grows back to full size. Disoriented and dazed, it stumbles around a moment before collapsing in a heap on the floor.

"Well, there goes that. Lasted a bit longer than I expected, actually. Those chips are surprisingly hardy, all things considered," the hybrid muses, noticeably calmer now that Mambi is out of immediate danger. "Alright. Shrinkin' tech was a good idea, but its still tech at th' end of the day. Though there might be enough time for me t' shove it into my bag if I act quickly enough. But I dunno what this thing'll do t' pocket dimensions. Alternatively, this thing reminds me of a certain species of monster I fought a while back. And I'm wonderin' if they share the same weakness."

She pulls a pack of C4 and a detonator out of her bag, helping Mambi to his feet as the massive reptile too finally manages to regain its footing.

"Ya ever heard of a Dodongo?"
 
Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
(Thank you!)

"MAMBI!"

The hybrid howls, sparks flying as she furiously pounds her axe against the beasts steel scales. All it does is irritate the beast, who turns to glare at her with its beady little eyes.

Quickly, Arizona takes the cat's suggestion, reaching into her bag and pulling out a shrinking chip, attaching it directly to the beast's face.

With a quick shoom, the massive reptile shrinks down to a small lizard, allowing Arizona a moment to pull Mambi out of danger, pulling her canister of healing nanites out of her bag and pouring them on the black cat's lets, hands shaking slightly as she did so.

"A-are you alright? Not feeling woozy, or lightheaded? Th' claws weren't poisoned were they? Oh, please tell me they weren't poisoned..."

<the cat pants and gasps, the nanites working their magic on his cuts and wounds as he struggles to get to his feet quickly> NO-no toxins I think, just pain. <weak smile> Oh thank good that, <ugh>...that worked! <he grips his ribs tightly in pain> I noticed a slight lag before any tech fizzled but on exposure, so hoped I'd...have a second to escape before...negation. Oooo, hold him off cause we only got a few seconds before...

She trails off as, with a massive crackle of energy, the shrinking ship fizzles out and the massive reptile quickly grows back to full size. Disoriented and dazed, it stumbles around a moment before collapsing in a heap on the floor.

"Well, there goes that. Lasted a bit longer than I expected, actually. Those chips are surprisingly hardy, all things considered," the hybrid muses, noticeably calmer now that Mambi is out of immediate danger. "Alright. Shrinkin' tech was a good idea, but its still tech at th' end of the day. Though there might be enough time for me t' shove it into my bag if I act quickly enough. But I dunno what this thing'll do t' pocket dimensions. Alternatively, this thing reminds me of a certain species of monster I fought a while back. And I'm wonderin' if they share the same weakness."

She pulls a pack of C4 and a detonator out of her bag, helping Mambi to his feet as the massive reptile too finally manages to regain its footing.

"Ya ever heard of a Dodongo?"

<the cat looks up with a worried look as the raptor recovers more, his eyes darting towards the pair and more food in indecision...> Umm, no...and I'm scared already, so nothing to lose! If you have an idea, go for it, I need time...<ugh>...and I'm as helpless a a kitty here!!! <the cat groans and doubles over behind you slightly, the nanites working hard to finish their extensive repair work>
 
Last edited:
<the holographic bunny nodded politely> Of course, currently the situation is contained and I cannot scan the room for any details but no blood is currently detected. If any signs of trauma, destruction outside established parameters, or extreme physical distress is detected, I shall inform you immediately.

<Marius nodded and sighed.> "Alright, fair enough."

<she turns to the solid bunny with a barely-perceptible smirk> As you are not connected to any of my internal scanners, I shall inform you as well.

<the solid bunny smiles and nods obliviously> Thank you, your consideration is appreciated. You should focus on Mambi and if we require you further, I shall...

<Marius opened his mouth to interject, but Aurora beat him to it. This was getting more and more awkward for him.>

<as she retracts her paw from her head, Aurora interrupts loudly> I do not see why I must be dismissed from my own date as multitasking can easily be performed!

<she sits back and smiles pleasantly, shifting closer to you to make more room for Aurora> That is correct of course, please stay and enjoy tacos with Marius as well!

"Yes! Aurora, please do! Stay." <Marius quickly chimed in with a nervous smile.>

<the holobunny returns to beside the table and in the empty space, a blue glowing transparent chair materializes. Aurora sits in the chair, and in front of her on the table by the real tacos, a blue glowing plate of blue glowing tacos appears. She reaches out and holds one as the real bunny holds one as well, and takes a "bite" of the taco. Humming softly in pleasure, she sees your confused look and explains>

Yes I can taste these, at least I can now. Your memory operates at approximately 20-50% sensory recall detail levels, but as long as my memory files are active, my sensory recall is absolutely perfect. Therefore, I remember what these tacos tastes like from previous synchronization with Rora simply by recalling the files to relive the experience with you here now. Since we cannot maintain constant synchronization, there is no reason to further concern ourselves with the reason at this time and Rora is correct, let us return to our date and we can work around this minor difficulty, correct?

"Indeed." <Marius agreed and took a small bite of his taco. He tried to read Rora's reaction.>

<the bunny nods enthusiastically as she smells the tacos again with delight> An excellent attitude Aurora, I was about to suggest that very thing! If you have your own plate of "food", now we can date Marius together! <she reaches over and holds your hand in her paw gently, as Aurora looks on with a smile, fumbling with her taco needlessly> But first before we begin, I wish to try one with extra hot sauce please!

<as she reaches for the bottle, Aurora turns to you and whispers> ...but...I have no memory files yet for what hot sauce tastes like for replication...Rora knows that!

<Marius watched Rora apply a large amount of hot sauce and whispered back to Aurora.>
"Um, I don't think you want to experience th---hey Rora, that, uh, might be a little strong..."

<you see the solid bunny adding far too much to her taco as the holobunny looks at you tenderly, her transparent paw passing through yours on the table as the warmth is felt through your feathers, even as she looks at you the exact same loving way Rora just did moments ago...>

<Distracted, Marius turned to look at the holobunny and blushed when she "touched" his hand. They didn't notice Rora take a bite...at first.>

Meanwhile...

<the cat looks up with a worried look as the raptor recovers more, his eyes darting towards the pair and more food in indecision...> Umm, no...and I'm scared already, so nothing to lose! If you have an idea, go for it, I need time...<ugh>...and I'm as helpless a a kitty here!!! <the cat groans and doubles over behind you slightly, the nanites working hard to finish their extensive repair work>

<As much as Hydra was enjoying the sounds of their struggle, he didn't want the creature to steal his kills. He pushed the door open and casually walked in.>

If this thing is out of your league, then perhaps I can be of assistance?

<The raptor immediately took note of the coywolf and hissed at him, but Hydra was completely unfazed. He continued to walk casually toward Mambi and Arizona until the raptor charged at him with a roar. But Hydra stopped short and stood his ground. His gold eyes flashed and the raptor scrambled to a stop in front of him and roared again.>

I will NOT be intimidated! <Hydra roared right back and the others watched in shock as the raptor stepped back.>
 

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
<the cat pants and gasps, the nanites working their magic on his cuts and wounds as he struggles to get to his feet quickly> NO-no toxins I think, just pain. <weak smile> Oh thank good that, <ugh>...that worked! <he grips his ribs tightly in pain> I noticed a slight lag before any tech fizzled but on exposure, so hoped I'd...have a second to escape before...negation. Oooo, hold him off cause we only got a few seconds before...



<the cat looks up with a worried look as the raptor recovers more, his eyes darting towards the pair and more food in indecision...> Umm, no...and I'm scared already, so nothing to lose! If you have an idea, go for it, I need time...<ugh>...and I'm as helpless a a kitty here!!! <the cat groans and doubles over behind you slightly, the nanites working hard to finish their extensive repair work>
Arizona nods.

"Alright. Basically. This thing's got a tough, impenetrable hide on th' outside. But on th' inside, its a mess of soft flesh, organs, so- WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? GET OUT OF HE-"

Arizona found herself at a loss for words as a newcomer suddenly enters the building, somehow managing to stop the angry, raging lizard with nothing more than raw charisma and confidence. Without the tools or the weapons to back it up, however, she feared that his short lived advantage would quickly come to an end.

"Lissssten. Handsome." She quietly hissed at the coywolf, nervously eyeing the massive reptile, waiting for it to suddenly lunge and take a bite out of the massive mammal "I appreciate you tryin' t' help, I really do, but we've got everythin' under control here, alright? An' we don't want t' put any more people in harms way than we have t', alright? So if ya could just... slowly back out th' way you came, maybe help t' try an' evacuate an' secure th' nearby area, I would really, really appreciate that. An' while you go an' do all that, I," she holds up the bundle of C4 "am gonna give this thing th' worst stomachache of its life. Now go. Off with ya. Shoo. Please."
 
Arizona nods.

"Alright. Basically. This thing's got a tough, impenetrable hide on th' outside. But on th' inside, its a mess of soft flesh, organs, so- WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? GET OUT OF HE-"

Arizona found herself at a loss for words as a newcomer suddenly enters the building, somehow managing to stop the angry, raging lizard with nothing more than raw charisma and confidence. Without the tools or the weapons to back it up, however, she feared that his short lived advantage would quickly come to an end.

"Lissssten. Handsome." She quietly hissed at the coywolf, nervously eyeing the massive reptile, waiting for it to suddenly lunge and take a bite out of the massive mammal "I appreciate you tryin' t' help, I really do, but we've got everythin' under control here, alright? An' we don't want t' put any more people in harms way than we have t', alright? So if ya could just... slowly back out th' way you came, maybe help t' try an' evacuate an' secure th' nearby area, I would really, really appreciate that. An' while you go an' do all that, I," she holds up the bundle of C4 "am gonna give this thing th' worst stomachache of its life. Now go. Off with ya. Shoo. Please."
<Hydra turned to Arizona and smiled. >
Believe me, I know monster hunting is no game. But this little one is barely a monster.

<Ignoring Arizona's requests, he turned his back on the raptor creature that clearly still wanted to hold its territory but was reluctant to attack. The creature shifted back and forth occasionally emitting a half-hearted growl as it watched Hdyra casually walk over to Arizona.>

I heard the rumors that one of the most beautiful hybrids was lurking around these parts, but I didn't believe it. Until now.
<He smiled and his gold eyes flashed. He extended this paw to shake hands.>
My name is Dullahan. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?
 

NightmareEyes

Well-Known Member
<Hydra turned to Arizona and smiled. >
Believe me, I know monster hunting is no game. But this little one is barely a monster.

<Ignoring Arizona's requests, he turned his back on the raptor creature that clearly still wanted to hold its territory but was reluctant to attack. The creature shifted back and forth occasionally emitting a half-hearted growl as it watched Hdyra casually walk over to Arizona.>

I heard the rumors that one of the most beautiful hybrids was lurking around these parts, but I didn't believe it. Until now.
<He smiled and his gold eyes flashed. He extended this paw to shake hands.>
My name is Dullahan. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?
The hybrid couldn't help but flush, caught off guard by the coywolf's sudden advances.

"A-are you... here!? Now!? I-I'm flattered, sure, but umm... I'm... currently in a relationship..." she glances back at Mambi. "...yeah. I'm currently in a relationship with that fine specimen over there. An' is now really th' time t' introduce ourselves!? Considerin'..." she gestures to the slobbering lizard just behind the creature going by Dullahan. "Sure, maybe you think there's no threat, but a monster is still a monster and I would prefer taking care of it as quickly as possible. Or sure! Let's all go around th' circle and introduce ourselves! Names Hartlow! Arizona Hartlow!" She says, quickly shaking the creature's paw. "That over there is Mambi, who would very much appreciate it if his guests weren't under th' threat of a big ol' lizard swallowing them whole! Now if you would allow me t' do somethin' about that oversized reptile that would be MUCH APPRECIATED!"
 
Top