• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Password recovery issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffron

Did any of you with issues made sure to reset your passwords the first time it came back online after being down?

Jeffron

No I didn't reset my password when it was in Read-Only mode, were we supposed to?
Does this mean my account is gone..?

No it's not, but chances are if you didn't you likely are havin the same problem as @Northern-Crosshair with their response below:

My emails are current, both of them for both accounts. I know for 100% that these are the emails for my accounts yet it tells me that they are not registered with my user names

I've had other people with the same exact problem. In fact two friends who are having this same exact problem. And one thing they all have in common: They did not change their passwords when the site went back up the first time. That could mean anything though.

I hope the admins will be able to help you all out.

Gem-Wolf

da golden wuff
No it's not, but chances are if you didn't you likely are havin the same problem as @Northern-Crosshair with their response below:

I've had other people with the same exact problem. In fact two friends who are having this same exact problem. And one thing they all have in common: They did not change their passwords when the site went back up the first time. That could mean anything though.

I did change my password when the site came back up, so its not that at least.

quentinwolf

I too am unable to reset my password as I am getting the error " The email you provided, did not match the email registered with the account "quentinwolf" "

Please advise..

HypnoticBella

I too am unable to reset my password as I am getting the error " The email you provided, did not match the email registered with the account "quentinwolf" "

Please advise..

You are having the same issue as A LOT of others users. They are working on setting up a update email because they are saying some emails have been corrupted, leaving users unable to reset password or log in.

HypnoticBella

what does this mean exactly? for our accounts i mean?

What it means is currently anyone is having this issue will be locked out of their accounts till further notice because they have to do this email thing on their side of the system. Don't worry though we all will get our accounts back but it will take some time so be patient please.

Gem-Wolf

da golden wuff
This whole thing worked really well didn't it FA?
WELL DONE
tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Matcha

screams loudly at everyone in this fandom
Furaffinity could potentially rectify this by simply giving us an option to send it to an alternate email address, but then again, that could also severely promote hacking.
Hmmm... I wonder how this can be solved?

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I freaked for a moment until I realized that it is now case sensitive. So maybe make sure that if your email has any uppercase letters, or better yet does not have them, to include if they do and not include if they don't? Might even be you can't include uppercase at all. Try both ways?

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
Mine's just telling me I can't use my password because it "may have been compromised", yet it was a password I had changed to just before the site went into readonly.
They say you have to change it again regardless.

HypnoticBella

Furaffinity could potentially rectify this by simply giving us an option to send it to an alternate email address, but then again, that could also severely promote hacking.
Hmmm... I wonder how this can be solved?

That would be a great idea but like you said yet it could lead to hacking,..
Hopefully this whole issue will be solved but we have to be patient.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~

You couldn't change your email or password when the site was in 'Read-Only' mode and I didn't change anything before hand, like they asked, and I am fine.

Matcha

screams loudly at everyone in this fandom
I think that the staff could prevent such a large problem in the future simply by hiring a bit more staff and adding some maybe security questions to the log in or account recovery, possibly even a phone-code sort of deal. That way, an email address won't be the only way to reset your password. Email addresses are easy to lose. A bit more staff added to the mix would also help fix problems much faster.

DravenDonovan

You can call me Oni~
I am repeating myself a little here, but I figured more specific detail may help?

When I tried to first reset my password it told me the same thing. That my email didn't match my username. Yet I had looked at my email when it was in 'ROM' and knew it was correct. I freaked a little, but tried again. I noticed my phone (what I was using to log-in) auto-capped the first letter of the email. Which isn't capped in my file. So I tried uncapping the first letter and it worked. Same email, same spelling, just it was cap sensitive.

quoting_mungo

If you are having issues resetting your password using the password recovery tool you can email us at accounts[at]furaffinity.net for assistance. When emailing PLEASE be sure to include your Fur Affinity username. Staff reply time may vary (there's a lot of users emailing us, but we've got multiple staff members working through the queue as fast as they can).

NiGHTS4life

If you are having issues resetting your password using the password recovery tool you can email us at accounts[at]furaffinity.net for assistance. When emailing PLEASE be sure to include your Fur Affinity username. Staff reply time may vary (there's a lot of users emailing us, but we've got multiple staff members working through the queue as fast as they can).
I included mine when I emailed. It's NiGHTS4life.

Status
Not open for further replies.