• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PATIENT with YOUR ART

Behemoth89

I'm an 2D Artist. I'm often not enough patient with ARTS which It has many details. I love simple ARTS.
AND YOU? ;)

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
There is a beauty in simplicity, that is why my sona is fairly simple with looks ;)

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
My drawing process is very slow and I often lose the patience to finish pieces. There are more unfinished pieces on my laptop 'that will be done some day' than finished works.

red_doggo

Aron Lover
That depend very much on your ability as a drawer. i mean, good artist now that a grat piece of art requieres a lot of time and attention. Thing is, most of the "detailed" art you see online gets its leve of details in the last moment, as artist we know never get pleased at the final moment of the artwork, and its at that moment specially when we spend most of our time changing the things up.

But, again, thats depend a lot. not only as the ability, the time you spend on a draw, the coloring, the texturing, etc. Even simple outilnes can result in a very detailed draw.

In my case, i made a very simple outline and try to mix some grat colors. But i still working on it.

Behemoth89

My drawing process is very slow and I often lose the patience to finish pieces. There are more unfinished pieces on my laptop 'that will be done some day' than finished works.
I believed that YOU will finished them soon. Can YOU show up some YOUR ARTS ?

Behemoth89

That depend very much on your ability as a drawer. i mean, good artist now that a grat piece of art requieres a lot of time and attention. Thing is, most of the "detailed" art you see online gets its leve of details in the last moment, as artist we know never get pleased at the final moment of the artwork, and its at that moment specially when we spend most of our time changing the things up.

But, again, thats depend a lot. not only as the ability, the time you spend on a draw, the coloring, the texturing, etc. Even simple outilnes can result in a very detailed draw.

In my case, i made a very simple outline and try to mix some grat colors. But i still working on it.
" as artist we know never get pleased at the final moment of the artwork," I agree with YOU about this. I used to spend on that case. Do YOU have show some YOUR ARTS ?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I believed that YOU will finished them soon. Can YOU show up some YOUR ARTS ?

Finished work:

1526144224.fallowfox_maned_wolf_small.png

Examples of unfinished work:
upload_2018-9-25_12-55-3.png

upload_2018-9-25_12-56-17.png

upload_2018-9-25_12-57-0.png

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
Most of the time, I have patience with my art. But sometimes, a certain pose I want to do just never looks right and I end up giving up. I tend to be a perfectionist so I'm very hard on myself, and if just one detail is off, I end up hating the drawing.

Other times I just never get the motivation to continue something I was working on.

Behemoth89

Most of the time, I have patience with my art. But sometimes, a certain pose I want to do just never looks right and I end up giving up. I tend to be a perfectionist so I'm very hard on myself, and if just one detail is off, I end up hating the drawing.

Other times I just never get the motivation to continue something I was working on.

I knew YOUR FEEL. Do YOU use reference photos when drawing ?

Feeka

That scalie blue thing
Yeah, I have to be patient with my art, or it'll never get finished lul. Though I do 3D modelling based stuff, not drawing! I think the most time I ever spent on a 3D scene was just short of a month lul

Feeka

That scalie blue thing
(looks at my piles of WIP)

sometimes you just have to finish within the day or within 2-3 consecutive days or it'll be in the WIP purgatory forever.
The feels. Always used to have multiple projects on the back-burner years ago lul

Feeka

That scalie blue thing
Oh my. What's happend with YOUR PROJECT ?
Well, always ends up losing the faith to keep doing them and they forever remain unfinished .-.

Sunburst_Odell

Some weird teen on the web that likes cartoons
I knew YOUR FEEL. Do YOU use reference photos when drawing ?
I do. Usually, this allows me to be able to draw the pose correctly, but in more complex situations, translating what I'm seeing into my cartoony style can be difficult, especially when dealing with perspective. Or sometimes, I can't find a reference photo of the pose I want.

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
I have patience and stubbornness but my art isn't drawn or painted. It is either written, or one of the numerous other artistic endeavors that go into multimedia film making.

I once spent >12 hours editing a <2 second snippet of footage. I wanted to have ancient Greek letters placed in the iris of an extreme closeup of an eye, wrapped in a semi circle.

The first step was to position the first text box in frame 1. Then I took a random capitial Greek letter and placed it in the box. Then I had change the color to white and lower the opacity/change the blend mode.

After that, I took the letter and made 4 copies (for 5 total letters). I had to adjust the rotation and move them all into good positions for the first frame.

Then, after changing all the letters so they would be different, I began working one frame at a time (I didn't know how to use motion tracking software back then). I took the semi-circle of letters and moved them to match the eye's changing position in each frame. When the eye would blink---either fully or partially---I would cover up the letters or parts of letters that would be obscured by the eyelid.

After that was done, it was time to animate the appearance of the letters, not just their motion. I went back to frame 1 of the shot and erased all but one letter. Then, every single frame for---I think---4 frames I would paste in a new, random Greek letter in the place of the first letter make it look like the letters were changing rapidly and would erase all the other letters.

On the 5th frame, I let the second letter appear and stopped changing the first one. I did the same thing with it for 4 frames, replacing it with another random letter and deleting all but the 1st and 2nd letters. Then on the next frame, I locked it in the second letter and began working with the 3rd letter, and kept doing the same thing until all 5 letter had locked in and I let them stay in the eye that way without changing for a few frames to show the sequence was complete and I moved to editing the rest of the footage.

I likely spent as much time on that single shot as I did on the rest of the video combined. But it was sooooo worth the effort. That one shot was beautiful and added a lot to the video as a whole.

I'm telling you, out of all the arts, video editing is the easiest for me to become obsessive about when I work on it. I just need to get the things few things which the footage allows me to get perfected all the way to perfection and I have to work really hard to mask the flaws in the rest of the footage.

Behemoth89

I have patience and stubbornness but my art isn't drawn or painted. It is either written, or one of the numerous other artistic endeavors that go into multimedia film making.

I once spent >12 hours editing a <2 second snippet of footage. I wanted to have ancient Greek letters placed in the iris of an extreme closeup of an eye, wrapped in a semi circle.

The first step was to position the first text box in frame 1. Then I took a random capitial Greek letter and placed it in the box. Then I had change the color to white and lower the opacity/change the blend mode.

After that, I took the letter and made 4 copies (for 5 total letters). I had to adjust the rotation and move them all into good positions for the first frame.

Then, after changing all the letters so they would be different, I began working one frame at a time (I didn't know how to use motion tracking software back then). I took the semi-circle of letters and moved them to match the eye's changing position in each frame. When the eye would blink---either fully or partially---I would cover up the letters or parts of letters that would be obscured by the eyelid.

After that was done, it was time to animate the appearance of the letters, not just their motion. I went back to frame 1 of the shot and erased all but one letter. Then, every single frame for---I think---4 frames I would paste in a new, random Greek letter in the place of the first letter make it look like the letters were changing rapidly and would erase all the other letters.

On the 5th frame, I let the second letter appear and stopped changing the first one. I did the same thing with it for 4 frames, replacing it with another random letter and deleting all but the 1st and 2nd letters. Then on the next frame, I locked it in the second letter and began working with the 3rd letter, and kept doing the same thing until all 5 letter had locked in and I let them stay in the eye that way without changing for a few frames to show the sequence was complete and I moved to editing the rest of the footage.

I likely spent as much time on that single shot as I did on the rest of the video combined. But it was sooooo worth the effort. That one shot was beautiful and added a lot to the video as a whole.

I'm telling you, out of all the arts, video editing is the easiest for me to become obsessive about when I work on it. I just need to get the things few things which the footage allows me to get perfected all the way to perfection and I have to work really hard to mask the flaws in the rest of the footage.
Sound great. YOUR JOB is drawing frame by frame for cartoon,right ?