• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PayPal alternative???

Hey guys! So I've been wanting to commission some art and stories for some extra pocket cash, but I have one problem... paypal. I really like it's interface, and a lot of the other features. I just really wouldn't like to connect it to my bank account and/or credit card. So, is there an alternative that has

1.the ability to revive and send money

2.there is quite a bit of people who use it

3. I'd like comparability (the ability to send money to the account even if the person sending the money doesn't use that platform) but this isn't necessary

4.i can still buy things on online stores, like if I need a new tablet of some sort, but still be able to send money to others for art and such

5. and most importantly, I don't have to link any bank account info

Thanks for any help I can get! I really appreciate it:3

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
My understanding is that PayPal doesn’t require any bank account info. You just can’t transer the money outside of PayPal otherwise. Unless you transfer the money to some cryptocurrency, every payment platform will have that limitation.

L

-..Legacy..-

You can use a PayPal with prepaid cards, Ive had a corporate account for quite some time.

My understanding is that PayPal doesn’t require any bank account info. You just can’t transer the money outside of PayPal otherwise. Unless you transfer the money to some cryptocurrency, every payment platform will have that limitation.
So if I got money through PayPal, how would I go about putting that money into a bitcoin wallet, or something along the same lines?

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
So if I got money through PayPal, how would I go about putting that money into a bitcoin wallet, or something along the same lines?
Honestly I’m not sure. I’m not familiar with the specifics beyond that point. Do be careful with that route though because those currencies’ values are highly volatile, and you’d still need a bank account to convert it all back to USD if you have to use USD for some purchase.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I've always hated the name, and always feel stupid, saying it.

And I hate the lag period.

F

FluffyShutterbug

I've always hated the name, and always feel stupid, saying it.

And I hate the lag period.
That's also my biggest grievance. That you have to wait 3 weeks to be able to use the money you were sent.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
That's also my biggest grievance. That you have to wait 3 weeks to be able to use the money you were sent.

Oh, wow...is it three weeks????

My God, that's awful. I've used it to pay for a few things, but not in ages. I always found it sorta scammy feeling.

L

-..Legacy..-

Not always the case.

If you use a tracking number, and submit it when updating shipping status, its cleared shortly after delivery is confirmed.

Consequently, that particular time buffer is lifted after so many good transactions.

You can cheat that system, though. Get a friend to buy whatever number you need as separate low buck transactions through a shell eBay ad. They individually purchase them all through separate transactions, then submit a tracking number (even an empty envelope) for all of them at once.

F

FluffyShutterbug

Not always the case.

If you use a tracking number, and submit it when updating shipping status, its cleared shortly after delivery is confirmed.

Consequently, that particular time buffer is lifted after so many good transactions.

You can cheat that system, though. Get a friend to buy whatever number you need as separate low buck transactions through a shell eBay ad. They individually purchase them all through separate transactions, then submit a tracking number (even an empty envelope) for all of them at once.
Oh, wow...