• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

[PBP] Welcome to VA-11 Hall-A (Character Development Driven Bartending RP!)

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage

I have finished an official rules document to make things more organized.
I will be redoing the occurrences next, then add art credits where I missed them after a nap.

Thank you for your patience.

Welcome to VA-11 Hall-A

dceg04t-9f4d9499-7535-4e91-900a-fb7883298ee5.jpg

This is it. The place everyone and no one has been talking about. Where pop stars flourish for media popularity and junkies slink around corners for their own taste of artificial fame; though, for you, its just escape. Perhaps for a night, perhaps for the week. Visitors and regulars are always welcome so long as they have the money to back up their drunken chatter.

That's what everyone does at bars, after all. They talk. Be it for good or ill, they talk, and it's a Bartender's job to listen. Possibly offer some semblance of advice. Maybe they'll get lucky and the other patrons will do it for them...or maybe you're the poor bastard in disguise. Wanting a night of peace after a weekend of serving cocktails to strays.

whatever the case, you're here now.
Might as well make the most of it.
So, on behalf of all staff,
welcome...to Valhalla.

"Jeez..." Faline sighed, eyeing the bar as she wiped down another glass for the umpteenth time. Her ears perked at the slightest sound, but little held her interest for long in this morgue of a job. "What would it take to get some customers?"

Mondays were the worst.

Last edited:

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
Still shaking from what just happened Eric was in a desperate search of company. He thought to himself: "Am I the only person who stands against this kind of behavior?" He questioned his morals over and over, until he stumbled in front of a door and walked into a nearly empty place, not knowing where exactly he was. "Are you guys open?" Eric asked with an panting and insecure voice.

[OOC: Claiming Regular slot @Raever ]
Outgame: Cool setting. First time for me.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"Yes! Finally! I-I mean-" Faline cleared her throat, threw the rag over her shoulder, and set down a (very) clean glass. She didn't seem effected by his exasperation, or maybe she was more used to people just...barging in? Who knew. Her tail swished back and forth behind her, not giving away a thing.

"Poison of choice?" Faline asked, eyeing the Fox (and the door behind him. She kept an off hand on the gun below the bar counter...just in case. Though her demeanor might not have suggested it. Her smile was far to relaxed. Pretending to rummage around for ice she added, "To cure the nerves, of course."

---

Reply for @FoxWithAName

OOC: I'm glad you like the concept!! Gimme your drink of choice and a fun fact about your character if you want to choose, if not I can randomize it. I'll also need a ref sheet or photo if available. If you have none of the above, no worries, it's not mandatory. Just a fun thing for people to look at for immersion.

Last edited:

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
"Something strong!" immateriality shot into his mind and out of his mouth still with a crack in his voice. Eric walked slowly towards a free seat at the bar still a bit uncomfortable but very determined. He grabbed a stool, swung onto it and was visibly relieved. After he sat for a few seconds he sighed, as of now he noticed the smile on the bartenders face and was very upset on how he reacted early and rephrased his sentence again with his calmest voice: "Sorry, can I have something strong please?"
---

Reply for @Raever

[OOC: Fun Fact 1: Eric can be played as anthro or human, just give me the info on what fits best, or if I should choose (Influences character). Fun Fact 2: Eric has strong morals and beliefs, he is not religious and acts opon his own codex. Lets set it here and explore the rest in the RP ^^. Sorry, I can not provide a Refsheet as of now]

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"Strong, ey?" Faline leaned her elbows on the bar and pondered. There were certainly a lot of strong drinks but usually, when someone asked for something strong they were either a masochist, angry, or depressed. Faline eyed the fox coyly before straightening up. She grabbed some peach schnapps from the unit and took out her mixing tools to begin the process as he took his seat. His apology was sweet, but unnecessary. "Don't worry about it, Red."

It seemed she preferred nicknames over normal ones.
Was that a hint to his species or...?

"Have you been in this city long?"
Something tells her that answer is...no.

@FoxWithAName

Friendly reminder that others are welcome to join when/if they want.
Also thanks for the info, Fox. You can choose, I'll edit my responses accordingly.

Last edited:

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
"Red I like that..." he said with a small laugh after the sentence, he further proceeded with "No, not that long, it should be a year by now but I don't feel like I really belong here", while he vigorously watched how the drink is crafted. Eric liked that the drink is freshly made, he enjoyed, when food is prepared for him. He always thought that it has special value. "And what is your..." Eric asked as he looked for a name tag.

Reply for @Raever
We can stay with Fox, that works.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
When he looked at her uniform, the name tag would read-

"Faline." She answered simply; going from mixing the schnapps with Amaretto, adding a dash of Southern Comfort, and a couple of ounces of pineapple juice for good measure before shaking. "To be fair, not many do..." Faline's body worked on it's own accord while they talked, as if she'd done this all her life. "Not their first few years, anyway." When the drinks were poured, her nails didn't even scrape the shot glasses. "They call this Liquid Cocaine. It tastes fruitier than it sounds, trust me."

Only because she made it much sweeter than normal. Makes it less assuming to knock one on their ass. If the Fox knew his liquor, he wouldn't be surprised...but she was interested in seeing his reaction nonetheless. Usually when people requested strong, they meant burning. This was a smooth drink, something without an edge, which seemed to be what this poor guy was after. Too bad he was in the heart of it.

@FoxWithAName

Sounds good!
Shapeshifters are welcome as well, so you can always change your mind if you'd like to.
Apologies for odd post timing- I am working in between.

Last edited:

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
A bit flattered by the name of his drink Eric took the glass held it up and said "Thanks Faline" and carefully sipped. As the liquid touched lips and tongue Eric felt the warming effect of the alcohol, he immediately enjoyed the taste, and eagerly took a big swing. "This was a mistake" he thought as the alcohol poured down his throat like lava, he shivered visibly and put the glass down for a moment. "That's good", he said with a bit of a scratchy throat. "How long will it take?" he asked after he realized that he has no possibility to escape the City.
-------

Reply for @Raever

Eric is not a shapeshifter, altough I find the concept interesting, his Fox appearence is more of an unchangeable state ^^

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"I dunno..." Faline chuckled and eyed him carefully, this was certainly a basket case. Of which variety she had no idea. "You seem convinced that there's better. Why not tell me about where your from?" She grabbed a remote and switched the television at the top of the bar off. "I can base my judgement off of that."

It was mostly to add some form of privacy to their conversation. At least until another customer decided to walk in. Besides, the Fox clearly needed some time to clear (or fog up) his head, and the news was the last thing he needed to see.

@FoxWithAName

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
As the Tv switched of there was a comfortable silence in the Bar which seemed help Eric clear his thoughts. "Maybe not better but more familiar, I am still shocked on how we treat each other" With that said, Eric felt a kind of powerlessness deep in his guts, a feeling Eric was very familiar and absolutely hates. Hr took a sip of his drink, took a deep breath and started to explain: "I never know how to start such a conversations, " he chuckled a bit, as he visibly looked more nervous. "I come from a country not far from here, but very much unknown, most people here never heard of it. This makes this a good place to be when you don't want to be associated with that culture any more." Eric was vague for a reason, he trusted Falines professionalism, but this is a story he did not tell anyone yet.
-------

Reply for @Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"Alright." Faline leaned against the counter behind her in thought. That explained why he didn't argue with the nickname at least. Guy liked his privacy, and Faline could respect that. It's an odd experience though, to be trapped in something you're forced to call a home. Faline's ears lowered. She sympathized- no, she empathized with him. "I get it. I rant away from home too, back when I had a-" Faline paused, picking her words carefully. "Sister."

"It can be hard, finding your way and all. Guess I was lucky since this sort of place is all I've known. I can't imagine living life as some farm hand," Faline waved absentmindedly at the thought. It was honestly far more terrifying than the gun shots outside ever could be, and that wasn't due to soundproofing the walls. A life of leisure, of routine, it wasn't her style. If it was she wouldn't be working part time at one of the seediest bars in Glitch City.

"Whatever the reason you came here for, you don't have to order a drink to seek refuge here. Though the money isn't unappreciated." Faline added with a wink. "Can I get you anything else?"

---

@FoxWithAName

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
"Not yet, thanks, but this ain't my last drink today" Eric took a last swing out of the glass and felt the boiling lava again, this time he appropriated the feeling and put the glass down with a big "ahhhhhhhh" still shivering a bit. "I didn't run on my own, I was forced, it felt as I lost my past, my memories, my family... You had a sister... Sorry for your loss." Although Eric deep down inside knew that this would not helped the situation he said it. He was unsure if he said the right thing or if he misinterpreted the sentence, but it felt wrong to him, and he immediately regretted saying that. He continued: "I had that farm life you know... Not exactly on a farm though. It was quite and the job fulfilled me, but being ripped out of such a life is like loosing everything. And I am not talking about material things. But here I am trying to start my life again, and constantly failing at it." As he said that he looked Faline direct into her eyes. Very unusual for the Fox that he is. "How do you do it? Life?" Eric felt that the person behind the counter was very street vise and know how to handle the daily chaos better than he ever could, this calmed him down.
----

Reply for @Raever
Scratching on 250 word limit here. XD. But I think it is very important and helps the RP

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
"Thanks..." Faline grimaced at the mention of her alleged sister, but didn't react to it further than that. It, like his past, wasn't a comfortable subject. That was the beauty of bars, they didn't force anything. It'd all just come spilling out either way...whether in the bathroom or in one's own skull. It was all the same. Seeing that he was enjoying the last of his drink returned her usual smirk. It didn't falter, not when he spoke of his home, and not when he spoke of his failings. She'd nod, and twitch an ear or give minimal hums of approval and disapproval as he went. Mostly to show she was actively listening, over just staring awkwardly. Which is how she might have acted years back.

In fact, the Hybrid was so focused on just absorbing the information that his question caught her off guard. How did she do...what? Faline never thought about it. Not genuinely. Before, she had shared a body. It was at one time thought to be fate that she'd have her own; her own body, her own life, make her own choices.
"Um..." She absentmindedly touched the back of her neck, felt the scar beneath layers of fur and hair. "I'm probably not the best person to ask that, Red. I wasn't really given a choice in the matter."

With that, she busied herself with replacing his glass, waiting for his next order.
Or his next question.

@FoxWithAName

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
Awkward silence filled the room until it was painful, Eric decided to order another drink to break the silence. "You got stout?" Eric was feeling uncomfortable he felt that he stepped into a dangerous minefield. "Idiot" he said to himself "what a stupid question", as anybody could know how to live in this nuclear dumpster fire. Eric wants to shift the conversation into a new direction but his mind was not clear, still clouded from the day and still fighting over his question, He was desperate for air. Without waiting for an answer he started talking again. "You know, it is best when I go home now, I need to reset, if you know what I mean. But this helped, you can count on me tomorrow". In a standing up motion Eric slipped into his back pocket and searched for money, something fell out of his pocket, he quickly tried to grab it and was concerned that Faline had seen the object. With a glimpse price board he lay the money on the counter and left a generous tip. He f'd up hard and he left the bar shaking, maybe even worse than he came in.
-----
Reply for @Raever

Sorry need to go to bed now, and working tomorrow, Hope for the next in game day

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Faline's tail lowered, it's once casual height dwindled as he began to back away. She was enjoying the company, the distraction, in spite of the topic at hand. The way he shook caused her to wonder if she'd given him too much after all, perhaps she should have watered things down a bit...damn. She didn't see what dropped, but she could hear it, too distracted by his shuffling to notice anything other than the eventual payment. A hefty one at that. Before she could thank him, he was already out the door.

Well, at least he promised to come back.
She wouldn't have to worry over him being shot, then.

He'd keep his promise, and maybe then, they'd share a drink together sometime.

--- End of Night One ---

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
At the next day Eric felt the urge to visit this safe harbor again, he remembered every step of the last night so it was easy for him to find the way. "Yesterday was different" he mumbled as he fought his way to the place where he found a bit of sanity. Eric was so wrapped up in his thoughts, without knowing he held door handle of VA-11 Hall-A and immediately he snapped out of his mind palace and into reality. In a split second he thought what happened last night "Did she notice?" he asked himself. It did not matter to him he needed to open the door again. Was this the thirst for a cold beer that dragged him into the bar again or just the warm company. Eric opened the door and said "Hello" with a rather confident voice. As he eagerly waited to hear a familiar voice again.

---

Reply for @Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Faline wasn't at her usual place behind the bar. Instead, she was at a stool, swirling a straw around a tall blue long island and without a uniform. A day off, it seemed. The bartender had left to clean the bathroom awhile ago, and with the owner in office, only the hybrid remained. An aesthetic but lonely ambiance...until Red walked in. She turned from her seat and gave a lazy wave with her glass. "Hey Red, good to see you still live."

@FoxWithAName

For those wanting to play a Regular, Bartender, or an owner, now (this "night two" sequence) would be a cool time time to step up ~

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
A smile was visible when Eric heard his new name, he liked the color red, it suited him. He also liked the ambiance, quite, private, almost intimate. Eric always felt overwhelmed when he saw the skyscraper of Glitch City, this feeling was completely blocked in his current environment, he felt as he could finally control a situation and not be a silent passenger. As Eric walked towards an empty seat right next to Faline he answered sassy "Surviving is the least I can do, nice to see you again", it was at this moment he realized that Faline was a guest. His mind kicked in and he thought "Who would go to their work and relax, is she here because of me or just to passionate about this place", either way, as Eric sat down his mind stopped making assumptions and he was desperately waiting for someone to break the silence.
---
Reply for @Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
As it turns out, no one would come. Maybe her co-workers ditched her, hitched up in back, or ran off to get actual food. Whatever the case, the two were alone. Mostly. The hum of low powered fans, mumbling static of the TV up top, and the occasional *tink* of ice against her glass left them with many little ambient sounds...but it was their own sounds. Sounds the city couldn't drown out. "It's great, right?" Faline mused, glancing over to her new friend. "The seclusion?"

@FoxWithAName

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
"Unusual, but needed" answered Eric with a calm and reflecting voice. "In a City like this, even home does not feel private any more. It just feels like a you are trapped in a cage with other animals who desperately try to live their life. What resonates at the end are the constant screams and fights every night. Husband and Wife, Brothers and Sisters, or Friends. it seemed as everybody hates each other and themself." At the end of the sentence Eric voice started to crack a bit, as he looked through the bottles of alcohol behind the bar. He was looking through them, without a fixation, without a target, lost it seemed. Eric knew now why Faline was here, it was her safe harbor as well. Working here meant she could stay here longer, escape the city just for a few more minutes, he thought. With every *tink* Eric started to notice his thirst, he needed something to drink, his eyes started to fixate on one bottle, a Whiskey, a familiar one. While Eric looked at his choice he asked "Where did you get this?" and started to Point a finger towards the fine bottle of Whiskey.

---

Reply for @Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Faline looked up from her drink to the shelf, and to the bottle he pointed to. Stout. The same drink he was going to ask for the prior night. The hybrid gave a wry grin, "Why? Do you want a-"

"Nice try, mutt." The cool voice travelled from a stoic bartender who'd just come out of the bathroom. She was tall, with cloven feet and a boney tail. An animal unlike most for sure. As if a Greyhound had been dragged to hell and back. In a city like this, she wouldn't have had to be dragged very far. Faline laid her ears back in annoyance and began to drink her own poison as the bartender circled around to stand at her position behind the counter, eyeing the hybrid and her friend. Arms crossed. "That was a gift," The creature stated. "And it's not for sale."

"I wasn't gonna sell it. I was offering it," Faline snapped back, meeting her superior's glare with a frown. "Ever hear of sharing, Asura?"

@FoxWithAName

Faline Text = #1F51FF
Asura Text = #FF1493

Figured I'd include another character for us to work with.
Once the artist sends me the ref sheet, I'll include it above.

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
Staggered by this reaction and the sudden appearance of the bartender, Eric needed a moment to regain his focus again. "Ohhh I am sorry, Its just, this bottle reminded me of someone, someone important. I would not even consider it." He was visibly nervous and tried to defuse the situation with a fluffy facial expression, but his eyes and brain desperately were on the search for a new topic. "So, Asura is this your place?" Self doubt overcame Eric as he asked that question, and his paranoid mind formed a first impression.

"She can smell your fear" burned into his mind.
---
Reply for @Raever

Cool. Sorry for the late reply, I was at work.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
The hellhound gave a snort as she began to take out ingredients for another cocktail; Curacao, vodka, and cream. The makings of a Blue Russian. Faline's tail swished behind her ever so slightly when she noticed that. Apparently she based her favorite drinks on color. Which, to be fair, some folks did. Didn't make it smart, but...Asura fiddled with the ice cube bucket as Faline turned back to him. "Asura's just a bartender here. Though she's been trying to own it for years now-"

"Drink this and shut up." Asura placed the drink down gently in front of Faline before turning to Eric, her eyes were a contrast to Faline's cool gaze. They were piercing and calculating. "You wanted the Stout right?" She asked, turning to the row of bottles behind her to pluck it off the top shelf. In better lighting, he might notice that her tail wasn't much of a tail at all, but an extension of her spine. Her black spine. It was a bit unsettling this close up. Unlike Faline's fluffier appearance, Asura radiated control."How about this..."

She set down the bottle in front of him, the sound of bones shifting and clacking was a sign it was her turn to wag her tail.
"I'll let you keep it if you tell us the story of who it reminds you of."

@FoxWithAName

FoxWithAName

Still new only older
Fascinated and scarred Eric took the bottle, counted to 3 in his head and took a big lasting gulp. With a distinct cling the fox set down his bottle, although Eric was visibly shaking unable to control any muscle he tried to talk. The first few syllables were hardly audible but eventually one sentence resonated. "Accidents happen" Eric repeated the sentence, like a mantra in a humming voice, until he shed a tear, shaking even more. "Now was the time" Eric thought "Now or never". "Every now and then, when the moment was just right my parents drank this fine Whiskey. Not because it was expensive, they liked it, they loved it, when I saw this bottle I knew that their bound was strengthened. Their gone forever, because I f'd up, look at me." Eric gasped for air and looking for a reaction from his company, anything. "I killed them with my bear hands... I mean paws. F**K I need another sip" Shaking even more he finished of the beer.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Asura and Faline shared a glance before Faline when back to silently sipping her drink. Asura placed both hands on the counter and leaned down to meet the Fox at eye level. There was a silence between the two for a moment, before she just shook her head and rolled one shoulder, cracking it with a mild popping sound. As if Asura's body was too small for her.

"Look, kid," she grabbed a rag and mindlessly wiped the bar as she spoke. "This isn't a petting zoo. If you want sympathy, go find a doctor to crack your skull open."

"Asura, stop." Faline warned, fur bristling. The bartender huffed and tossed the towel down, crossing her arms in defiance as Faline placed a hand on Eric's shoulder. "What she means is...death isn't uncommon here." Faline tried, "Walk into any bar and there's a good chance you'll be sitting with a degenerate of some variety. Besides," Faline shook her glass for a refill. Asura humored her if only to have something to keep her hands busy.

"If there's anything I've learned, it's that you're not your past."

@FoxWithAName