• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

[PBP] Welcome to VA-11 Hall-A (Character Development Driven Bartending RP!)

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
(What if the guy like dies or something and we have no way of knowing what happened to them?)

You're welcome to message me further questions if you like.
I don't mind answering in detail in a private message. :)

As the rules state, in large groups like this, the time is extended to 24 hours to account for differing time zones and work schedules.
Since Roleplay is supposed to be a laid back hobby and not a job. You don't really wanna pressure someone by giving them a short time frame to keep up with 4 others.
But, that aside, if you have further questions feel free to shoot me a message! ^^

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
(Ok gotcha. This one might be a while.)

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Conor Flow smiled at the human beside him, turning around to him fully now, almost unnoticably stretching his body and tugging on his shirt slightly with his good paw to accentuate his physique more. He smiled to James, and then nodded "Well at least your work day's now over and you can relax" he chuckled. "No better place to do than a bar with a bunch of drinks." he raised his own glass and took another spicy sip before looking back at the human with badly-concealed interest.

"So, what do you work as?"

@The-Courier

The-Courier

Shipmaster
James was about to respond to the bartender, though decided it was best to leave it be as the sergal gave him a way to avoid such an uncomfortable conversation.
Should he even say anything? It's not like he was going to jeopardize his business by saying what he worked as, but people knowing didn't exactly sit right with the man. James gave a ghost of a frown, eyes going back down to the bar and to the empty glass of soda.

"I'm a security contractor," he replied stiffly, as if that bit of information alone would pave the way to omniscience. The human's eyes then flicked over to the bartender.
"It's nothing... just being observant." Something about his tone didn't seem genuine, mere observance didn't look like he was paranoid and running from something.

@wolfie smith

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Posted on Wolfie's behalf per request.
New order is as follows. One space is open.

1. ConorHyena
2. The-Courier
3. Raever
4. Parabellum3
5. None [open to who'd like to join]

---

The bartender's concentration was taken away from the Security Contractor by a very annoyed bird. She glanced down at the Covid, frowning slightly. Faline didn't seem mad or even annoyed, just mildly inconvenienced. As if she saw a small smudge on an otherwise perfect glass table.

The Corvid's question wasn't answered, but she did follow up on his request with a shrug and an easy smile.
"Sorry, if I don't ask I don't have a job."

Everyone had their reasons for being in a bar. It was her job to deal with the anger that sometimes came with that. Faline's piercings jingled slightly as she slid the drink over to the Corvid, along with a chaser of juice if needed. Avians had sensitive tongues, or so she heard. It was worth it to be on the safe side.

As the guests were chattering amongst themselves, Faline would notice Wolfie's demeanor. He didn't look the light weight by any means, but it was clear that he only came by for a few drinks. The calm raise of his hand was met by a gentle smile and a tab, to which he was sweet enough to tip - something that not many did unless they were raised in old fashioned homes.

Small talk was made; where he was headed, if he could get him okay in spite of the chaos outside, but soon Wolfie had excused himself with a mild apology and disappeared behind the door of the bar. Not everyone was willing to spend hours cooped up it seemed. Faline found herself feeling envious of that sense of purpose.

@Parabellum3

Parabellum3

I'm not a furry if I have feathers.
“No worries, I understand. And thank you.” Roland has a very bad habit of not keeping his beak shut especially when his emotions get in a way. He was known to blurt out obscene things when he even was slightly irritated. He now contemplated whether or not he should apologize for his statement without looking like an absolute fool in front of the other patrons. But perhaps he may have been taking this matter a bit too seriously than he really should’ve.

While he took the first sip of his beverage, he quickly glanced around to see if the other patrons even paid attention to the things he said. The last thing he needed after all was unwanted attention.

@ConorHyena

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
The sergal observed James momentary silence, the quick flick of his eyes, from the glass, to the barkeep and back to him with the nonchalance of an expert poker player, his face stuck halfway between genuine interest and a careful smile.
His eyes however were following each of the human's movements with a calculated, predatory coldness that was quite out of turn for this place.
"Ah" he said, interest in his voice "A security contractor? Does that pay well? Seems like an odd type of job to me, but then again..." he giggled "It's not like I'm an expert on these things"
he chuckled and took another sip of the drink, his eyes flitting sideways to the barkeep, Faline, for a moment, exhibiting that same cool, malevolent stare, sizing her up, before he flicked them back to the human

"What's your name?" he asked, politely.

@The-Courier

The-Courier

Shipmaster
"It pays decent, the interesting aspect of it is I get to go to new locations, given my company's... technology."
James refused to elaborate further, deciding he had already said too much. While he was a psionic, and a damn good one at that, people could be unpredictable. Maybe they'd try to kill him for his secrets, it's not like he was carrying anything around that could tip them off to any such secrets. Maybe a directed energy weapon.
The pay was great, considering his own position within the company, but who in this bar needs to know that?
Maybe he should spring for a shuttle; it'd beat having to take a military ship for off-world vacations.

"James," he said, not making eye contact with the sergal as he took his Whiskey given to him, and took a small, probing sip. He smiled, relishing the bite of the alcohol as it went down.
"You?"

@Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Save for the bouncer who seemed mildly agitated for the previous teleportation, no one at the bar or around him seemed too bothered by his outburst. Everyone seemed involved with their own late night routines.

"I wouldn't worry about them," Faline waved the two chattering to their left off, as if they were in their own little world. "Or anyone here really. Most tend to keep to themselves so long as you keep your beak outta others business."

Faline noticed someone giving a signal and took a water bottle from the ice box, tossing it to the right of the bird so a tiger in a cowboy getup could catch it. They gave a thumbs up and went back to their mates.

"So, feathers, what brought you here?"

@Parabellum3

Parabellum3

Roland almost chuckled when she called him that name, however he certainly appreciated her dry sense of humor as he was the same way in most cases.

"Well, I had quite a long day today, but it was a good one as well. So I decided to just...drop in and cool off for a bit." He replied and took another sip of his drink.

Roland's definition of a long day is determined by the amount of subjects that he had to put down in order to fulfill the contract for his employers. He was also slightly weary that the bartender may pick up the scent of blood from his clothing. Even though he tried to clean himself thoroughly after his job, he wasn't aware of what her capabilities exactly were.

@ConorHyena

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
The sergal absorbed the lacklustre information the man gave him, and then smiled at the mentioning of his name
"James, eh." he said. It was a common enough name, and Conor wasn't entirely convinced that it might not be an alias. But at the same time, the man may have a good reason to conceal information from the sergal, and he would try not to pry.
He stretched out his paws, metal beside fur, looked at James with a smirk, and then said, in a voice that implied the name should be known to the human, slightly louder than before, so the barkeep would most certainly hear it as well.

"I am Conor Flow"

The-Courier

Shipmaster
Conor. The human rolled the name around in his head for a moment. It was a decent enough name, common, too. Just like his. He wasn't quite sure how it was spelled, though, nor did he much care.
"Nice to meet you," he nodded courteously, though didn't extend his hand out for a handshake.

His eyes looked at the prosthesis again, though it was feeling, not lasting even a full second. Might as well turn his attention to the Elephant in the room, so to speak.
"My company never really allows us to replace whole body parts," he said, gesturing to the prosthesis. "It's all augments; neural augments, mostly, but they do muscle and bone-type stuff as well."

@Raever

Last edited:

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
If Faline did catch the scent, she gave no hint of it. Whether this was from moderate self control or simply being use to worse was anyone's guess. The Hybrid's eyes narrowed with interest.

"Usually long days equate to tired over good. Care to share your secret?"

@Parabellum3

Parabellum3

Roland thought for a moment on how to respond to her question. Obviously he can’t proudly state his true nature and business in public, but perhaps there was a way to either take the conversation somewhere else or to dodge this bullet entirely.

“It wouldn’t really be a secret anymore if I’d share it in front of the whole world huh?” He asks with one eyelid raised higher than the other.

@ConorHyena

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
The sergal raised an eyebrow and lifted the metal paw up, wiggling the fingers for James to see in the bar's half-light. It was crude, metallic, with bolts going into Conor's arm, part of the sensor interface fused to his flesh, covered with stained metal plates, the fingers skeletal, actuators and motors moving under the bare covering.
"Oh, this isn't an augument." he said quietly "This is a replacement. I managed to put myself in an unfortunate situation - I'm left-handed, and my original left had had been..." he trailed off, shrugged and smiled, then said tightly "..severed. This happned way out there, and it was a bit of a situation, so I enlisted the help of one of the locals to graft this piece of technology onto my arm as a replacement. It's a Mark IV, hardly considered cutting edge even then, but it does its job reasonably well. The battery lasts me a few weeks, i've gotten used to the extra weight, and while it doesn't exactly feel per se, it's finely calibrated enough to be useable half the time."
He shrugged again, looking a the paw and setting it down again on the bar "You see, it's permanently bolted and grafted to the stump. I can't take it off or remove it, so replacing it with something more refined would require them to saw off another inch of my arm, and I think i'm good this way."

@The-Courier

The-Courier

Shipmaster
The human simply nodded, not bothering to say anything else. Maybe out of courtesy, or maybe he just didn't have anything to say - it was hard to tell for certain.
He took another sip of his drink, realizing he had long neglected it for the conversation. It was watered down, now, though that's why he ordered it over ice.
James debated showing off a bit of his psionics as a mutual exchange, though he wasn't sure if the bartender was too fond of a guy throwing around freaky mind powers like it was a Sunday stroll. He held off, if people wanted to know, they'd ask.

"If it gets the job done, then I'm not going to rag on you for it."
He took another sip, larger this time - more akin to a gulp.
"I've only had the pleasure of getting a limb blown off once. It was regrown for me, but it's not an experience I'd like to relive."

@Raever

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage

Minor Update: Since the two groups aren't currently interacting as a cohesive unit, you're welcome to ignore post order under the condition that you acknowledge it should someone from either side attempt conversation with their retrospective opposites.
This is moreso to prevent fluidity from being disrupted unnecessarily and ensure folks can respond when they have the time/energy. The 24 hour timer exists as well so you won't have to worry about timezones getting in the way (as it is still a group - just "invisibly" split). So, h
opefully this experimental post order works out better for everyone as it prevents long waits between conversations...if it becomes too sloppy or people get confused, I may not try it again in future scenes. It's all a matter of testing things out, since this is my first time hosting a RP thread like this one. Also, as per the usual, Please continue to remember to tag your writing partner ~

Side note: For those wanting to hop in, you'll be apart of the group you engage with, or just chilling with the bartender if you so choose (in while I will include two responses in one post with a seperation of sorts.

Faline smirked, tilted her head in bemusement, and leaned in closer to Roland. Personal space suddenly becoming a luxury she didn't feel like providing. "Careful birdy," she purred. "Curiosity may kill the cat, but satisfaction brings it back every time."

The hybrid was only half cat, but the statement did her justice all the same. If the smell of blood didn't hit her before, it certainly did now. Twisting up her nose and infiltrating her senses with an old, acidic edge. Her eyes widened a fraction, and she backed off of her own accord. Tempting as it was. gallivanting with a murderer - or worse, a failed murder victim - wasn't her idea of a fun friday night.

Faline's smile didn't leave her, but the guard hairs rising at her shoulders and neck did little to hide her shock. She eyed the Corvid's drink as a distraction from his face.
"Why that one?"

@Parabellum3

Parabellum3

Faline's advance towards Roland truly caught him off guard. He couldn't help but blush as his mind was rushing through thoughts on what her intentions were at this point. So far he thought up of two possible conclusions. Either she figured out what Roland's work consists of and was intrigued by it, or she instead was starting to get a bit interested in Roland himself. He didn't think the latter could've been true. In the meantime, he tries to give an expression of confidence towards her and to not show signs of weakness or any vulnerabilities that she can exploit in him. After all, he never was used to these kinds of interactions in the first place.

"Well...if you wish to learn a bit more about me, then maybe we could perhaps take us elsewhere in private sometime? There are some things that I'm not at liberty to say in public per the terms and conditions of my employers. As for the drink, I like the combination of the sweet and sour flavors, also it's not as strong as other drinks which I don't really tolerate well towards."

@ConorHyena

ConorHyena

nazi hunter
Conor took another sip of his drink, relishng the sharp, painful sting in his maw, before turning back to James.

"Regrowing limbs seems like a somewhat more clean approach, I must admit, though, possibly more expensive." he shrugged. "it's usually best to not get body parts seperated from the body in the first place, though I admit from time to time one doesn't have the luxury."

He waved his paw dismissively, leaning back, and, with a certain covert air, scanned the room and the people beside him, the bartender and the corvid, and then he turned back to james

"You planning on coming here more often?"

@The-Courier

The-Courier

Shipmaster
James just nodded at the whole limb aspect, not bothering to comment on it any further. He didn't really have anything else to say, and he decided a topic change was in order. Thankfully, the sergal provided him with such a change.
"It depends," he said, taking another sip of his now watered-down Whiskey. "I have a few months of free time, possibly even more, after that I'll be gone for a year, maybe two."

A few months didn't seem bad, considering. He most likely was going to keep coming back here, if not to converse then at least try out every single drink in the bar. There were some fancy bottles containing a liquid he had never tried before, even if they were a bit expensive...

@ConorHyena @Raever

Last edited:

The-Courier

Shipmaster
If y'all need me to edit or retcon something, I can.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
@The-Courier

If y'all need me to edit or retcon something, I can.

I'm not going to be able to respond to this for a bit due to a work schedule that leaves minimal time for personal R&R. The next time I have a weekend off is the upcoming one, which is on the 22nd/23rd. Around that time, my response times will likely go back to normal until the next company crisis takes my attention away.

Because of this, I posted the above...

Minor Update: Since the two groups aren't currently interacting as a cohesive unit, you're welcome to ignore post order under the condition that you acknowledge it should someone from either side attempt conversation with their retrospective opposites.
This is moreso to prevent fluidity from being disrupted unnecessarily and ensure folks can respond when they have the time/energy. The 24 hour timer exists as well so you won't have to worry about timezones getting in the way (as it is still a group - just "invisibly" split). So, h
opefully this experimental post order works out better for everyone as it prevents long waits between conversations...if it becomes too sloppy or people get confused, I may not try it again in future scenes. It's all a matter of testing things out, since this is my first time hosting a RP thread like this one. Also, as per the usual, Please continue to remember to tag your writing partner ~

Side note: For those wanting to hop in, you'll be apart of the group you engage with, or just chilling with the bartender if you so choose (in while I will include two responses in one post with a seperation of sorts.

@Parabellum3 can choose to interact with Conor and James if he sees fit.
Otherwise he can wait on me, unfortunately this can be the case for those that work in an environment like mine. My apologies.

Consider the timer revoked until my schedule is back on track enough to host.
Respond as freely as you like, just keep things respectful. <3