• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Peace Treaty. (NO BASHING)

G

This is just a little post... I hope it grows... Okay...

Furaffinity and Artfu/Artpls patrons, please do not bash others. Please accept that they are two different sites just like Sheezyart and Deviantart. Remember, this is not a place for folks to argue. It's like one person saying a blue is azure and another saying it is sky blue. Anyways, I'd like to say, please stop taking sides... Stop arguing... Stop the trolling... It's stressful and annoying and very immature. If you like artfu/artpls, fine, but don't put Jheryn, his staff, the site, or the members down. This goes the same for you of the Furaffinity community... Try to just be civil and remember, if you can't say anything nice, please don't say anything at all.

Question 1

Why was this triggered and why did you decide to post this?
-.- I just got 8 emails from flamers on both sides and it just got on my nerves... I said after the 6th "Two more and I am saying something!" I will not say who emailed me.
Question 2
Why should I care?
Okay, this is not a war, don't become a civil war. It's immature and puts stress on everyone. I noticed some of the posts on both sites are trolling the other side (People from one going to the other and posting blasphemy). To put it short... Care because you should be a nicer person and take in consideration of the feelings of the other members of the sites.
Question 3
But I heard <name> messed up! That makes them bad, right?
No, mistakes are made. This doesn't mean Jheryn or Arcturus are bad people. Also, don't go to admins complaining about a site or trying to say "<siteA> sucks, <siteB> is better!" It is no one's fault and it should be taken as peacefully as possible to stick to your site. Some people didn't go to FA when it was made, but they didn't bash it.
Question 4

What gives you the right to tell me this?
I have as much right to say this as anyone else... I'm just trying to say... This is not a war... This is not a competition... If you don't like a site, don't go to it. Also... Please don't post that one site sucks and link to the other on the site's boards... Seriously... It's... Not right...
Question 5
Why won't you disclose the names of the folks who were trolling?
It is an act of kindness... But I am one of them. I trolled both sides, I heard two parts and just suddenly it clicked... A few friends have convinced me it's not a competition or a bashfest and I stopped the trolling. I will not disclose names of my friends or the trolls.

That is all...

I hope this finally stops the site fight... Seriously... I like both sites... Some places have bad admins and good admins, hince why there's usually many admins in the staff... Hehe, but I think both sites have alright admins with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Okay... I'm done...

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Just for the record: We welcome any and all people. Trolling and name flinging is frowned upon, but we also accept opinions of all kinds.

The rivalry needs to stop, and it's not healthy. Competition is good, and it's a wonderful thing, but too many people are laying down, taking sides, and that's not good. Mistakes were made on all sides, and the important thing is what was learned from those mistakes. Dwelling on the past accomplishes nothing for the future. People forget that.

G

"If we didn't learn from our mistakes in the past... We would all be monkeys today."

My favourite quote... Stated by one of my old friends from the sixth grade :p

Yonke Hyena

Good points, Latex.
But yeah, we don't need another war.

We here at FA, as Preyfar said, try to be welcome and open to everyone, and we don't like trollings and acts that would make the experience harsh for others. ^^;

G

Hm... I think both places are nice myself and I might (try to) put my art on Artfu/Artpls and Furaffinity.

C?lian

How do you get so many emails ?
I never got one from anyone regarding this issue :(

You must be real popular =/

G

I just know many people, that doesn't exactly make me popular.

Also... Try to stay on topic...

No Passive Bashing either, thank you.

AquaPhin

Banned
Banned
plsease stop. please no flamming or any of that crap. there is no point in doing it. if we do do it what do we prove? nothing.

well honestly i could care less who messed up as long as the sites(s) come back up soon. thankfuly FA will be up and running once the centelized server is finsihed being set up.

this isnt the first time i've seen this happen to a site so i'm not really phased by the drama. at least the pieces are being picked up and we all can move on. the last time the site fell into almost complete disarray before it finaly vanished off the interweb. me hopes this not happen to my preciouse FA or ArtFu @_@;

G

You know... This is close to the same thing that happened to #hermyiff when some idiot left and started a rebelious channel called #hermsyiff. >.>

AquaPhin

Banned
Banned
Latex said:
You know... This is close to the same thing that happened to #hermyiff when some idiot left and started a rebelious channel called #hermsyiff. >.>
really? email me the details

WHPellic

keohyena said:
I'm glad most of fighting is over"But to truthful my personal pref i don't trust artplz"

It seems like a decent site. There are a few people over there I really don't like. But other than that, I don't see much wrong with it.

G

AquaPhin said:
Latex said:
really? email me the details

Uhhh... No... >.>

keohyena said:
I'm glad most of fighting is over"But to truthful my personal pref i don't trust artplz"

Hm... Same here... I'm apparently banned for complaining about someone trolling me. (Caution Cat) and I don't know if I am or not, was just told by a few of my friends X3 I dun trust them, but whatever. What they do is their thing.

furry

Latex said:
Hm... Same here... I'm apparently banned for complaining about someone trolling me. (Caution Cat) and I don't know if I am or not, was just told by a few of my friends X3 I dun trust them, but whatever. What they do is their thing.

You... don't know if you're banned or not ? o_O

G

If I remember, you were one of the ones trolling me >.> So hush.

furry

Latex said:
If I remember, you were one of the ones trolling me >.> So hush.

I have a great idea ! As you seem to have no idea wether you're banned or not, and wether I trolled you or not, why don't you try and go on Artplz and check both instead of throwing wild accusations ?

Here, lemme do it for you !

Okay, so after 2 minutes of investigation I found out that :

You're not banned.

You're the troll : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/HellFurry/omgTroll.png

AquaPhin

Banned
Banned
.....i.....uhh...cant...im so tired.....i cant retain any new information due........to my brain falls asleep but......my body doesnt.......is there something wrong with me?

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Latex said:
I'll say this once and only once: do not point fingers at people unless you have ground to stand on. Claiming you are banned when you, in fact, do not even know if you are or aren't does little more than stir up suspicion and breed rumors. Given that this is supposed to be a "peace treaty" thread, throwing stones at the Art Plz! folks based on an assumption is not cool.

Remember when posting: "If" and "I think" are not facts, but assumptions and/or opinions.

Vitae

Personaly: I prefer to stay neutral to each side.
I like the concept of Artplz, but I have loyalty to FurAffinity.
I really dislike the bickering between the admins of both sites.. and lets face it every party is guilty.