• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pen Illustration Appreciation Thread

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord & Local Robot Kinnie
Exactly what it sounds like: a thread for pen illustrations! If you like, feel free to tell everyone what kind of pen you used, how long it took you, link your FA page... whatever you see fit

1584212070.punkm0nitor_open_wide.jpg

1583192487.punkm0nitor_idna.jpg

1579201271.punkm0nitor_6792a32b-71bb-481f-89f4-a3ee100e022d_jpeg.jpg

These are mine!
I'm unsure of how long they took me, since I don't often record my traditional art progress, but they're all done with BIC Atlantis ballpoint pens. The middle piece is a commission done for zarche_draws on Instagram

If you'd like to see more of my art (pen, pencil, and digital illustrations):
Userpage of Punk_M0nitor -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
These are super cool!

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune

KiokuChan

4-tailed kitsune
2 of those thumbnails were way too large so I just posted the FA page, which I think also looks larger than it used to. Odd.

Also I'd like to add that I don't even know how you begin to get the texture and shading you do using pen. It's really amazing.

Last edited:

Punk_M0nitor

Resident Edgelord & Local Robot Kinnie
2 of those thumbnails were way too large so I just posted the FA page, which I think also looks larger than it used to. Odd.
I ran into that same problem with mine, but didn't know how to shrink them, so I just wound up shrugging it off. I guess it's for the better they look smaller on mobile ^^'

Also I'd like to add that I don't even know how you begin to get the texture and shading you do using pen. It's really amazing.
Thank you so much!!! :0 It takes a lot of time and practice, but what I tend to do is start off with very light pen strokes and gradually add onto them until they get darker. I find ballpoint pens are the easiest for that

Your art is also nice!!! I really like your style. I'm a sucker for expressive and cartoony art