• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

People rude abot free art...?

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
I've run into people like that. Ungrateful is definitely the word for it. Sometimes there's certain people who just watch out for free art whenever they can get it and for some reason they think it's something they rightfully deserve. '3' I once saw someone trying to post an Artists Beware (like what you would post if an artist scammed you out of money and didn't finish your commission to warn others not to fall for the same thing) over someone not doing the free request they asked for! Tsk tsk tsk.
Entitlement is cancerous, and it's widespread, unfortunately.

Often come from middle/upper-class people with no worries who often are just handed shit because why not.

I've run into people like that. Ungrateful is definitely the word for it. Sometimes there's certain people who just watch out for free art whenever they can get it and for some reason they think it's something they rightfully deserve. '3' I once saw someone trying to post an Artists Beware (like what you would post if an artist scammed you out of money and didn't finish your commission to warn others not to fall for the same thing) over someone not doing the free request they asked for! Tsk tsk tsk.
Geeze. Thats really messed up. Just because you post in a request thread doesn't mean you are entitled to the art! Not everyone who posts is guaranteed the art. That's so sad and mean.

D

Deleted member 82554

i must admit I have been a bit of a free art leech. but I do make sure I give my thanks...
No no, I meant the ones that relentlessly leech and suck the blood out of the artist and community until there is nothing left. The ones that base their life around art and jump on every free art opportunity ever taking up slots from those that can either not afford to pay for art or rarly ever get the opportunity to get anything decent. Ya'know, those kind of people...

M

modfox

No no, I meant the ones that relentlessly leech and suck the blood out of the artist and community until there is nothing left. The ones that base their life around art and jump on every free art opportunity ever taking up slots from those that can either not afford to pay for art or rarly ever get the opportunity to get anything decent. Ya'know, those kind of people...
oh yes those ones. there used to be a whole heap before I went offline for a number of months. looks like most of em have cleared up now. the only reason I go for the free art is because I don't have the money

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
So I opened up free requests on a few sites just to get some practice in. I did a torso drawing of a girls OC and she sends me a private message saying ;
"I'm not trying to get blocked or be rude about your artwork. I just didn't realize you were going to finish the drawing of my character so quickly. I was really hoping to show you a full body pose reference first =\"

Like..I spent hours on the drawing, sure I finished it in a night but it still took hours. I have no idea how to reply to that. I'm sorry I didn't do full body? I'm sorry fullbody takes way more time and I wanted to focus on trying to get the face shape right since I've never done one of those before? I don't want to be rude to her but I already have a rudeish reply typed out and am tempted to send it.

What would you do it someone complained about art you did for someone for free?

Art in question:
Offer to draw her full-body on $5 commission. That way, you can charge a "Convenience" fee, but it's actually you showing how pissed you are at that attitude without getting in any trouble.