• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pepe le Pew's canceled, updated thoughts / WB girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelliegator

1) This has absolutely nothing to do with the overall theme expressed in my post.

2) I personally interact with between 75 and 100 new and different people during a typical work week. Almost every single male/female couple that I come across, at minimum, has both individuals being roughly equal to one another in terms of looks--but the woman is more often than not marginally to notably more attractive than her male companion. The male is never profoundly unattractive along conventional measurements (or at least not deeply unattractive relative to the attractiveness rating of his female partner).

The only time I've seen or heard of a conventionally ugly man getting dates on the regular (and scoring in the process) was when he had platinum-tier game (charisma) and/or was a high-earner. Both extremely charismatic and high-earning men are rare (less than 10 percent of the total male population in the US earns between 100,000 and 150,000 USD per).

3) Your inability to distinguish generalizations (which themselves are often derived from statistical averages and further backed up by anecdotal evidence) from absolutes is just yet another micro example of a greater societal problem that makes dicey conversations like these virtually impossible to have.

Then again, this is FAF. I can toss words like "tendency", "generally", and "often" around (all words that signal some allowance of variation within a stated position btw) and I will still get a sizeable count of booty-blasted furries having nuclear meltdowns over a non-offensive life fact that "normal" people have been aware of for generations.

In fact, we saw this exact scenario unfold back on page 4. Had the whole "incels REEEEEEEE!!!! bi0tro0fs" thing going on, too.
My problem with your walls of text is that you assume you're some kind of expert on human behavior.

As cheesy as it sounds, everyone has a different way to view the world so I don't really buy into all this talk that you totally know how people work.

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
YX6ZTJ2.gif

DieselPowered

My problem with your walls of text is that you assume you're some kind of expert on human behavior.

As cheesy as it sounds, everyone has a different way to view the world so I don't really buy into all this talk that you totally know how people work.
He does give off heavy incel vibes, and he seems to invite contempt, but he's also good for a laugh.

Seems like he'd be a perfect replacement for Pepe Le Pew.

ASTA

He does give off heavy incel vibes, and he seems to invite contempt, but he's also good for a laugh.

Seems like he'd be a perfect replacement for Pepe Le Pew.

We need to come up with a new-and-improved insult for people with "archaic" and "problematic views". Chud never caught on outside of certain predominantly online communities and incel is already on the way out because it's liberal application to anyone with a phallic-shaped appendage has quickly resulted in the manifestation of a "cry wolf" effect within a large portion of the general Internet population.

You seem smart and original. Any suggestions? It needs to be something that's memorable and that rolls off the tongue easily enough.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
We need to come up with a new-and-improved insult for people with "archaic" and "problematic views". Chud never caught on outside of certain predominantly online communities and incel is already on the way out because it's liberal application to anyone with a phallic-shaped appendage has quickly resulted in the manifestation of a "cry wolf" effect within a large portion of the general Internet population.

I don't actually think your view, that ultimately basically all men 'pay' for sex because they have to 'sacrifice' time and effort to attract women, is a conservative view. The conservative view of relationships emphasises love, commitment and monogamy, sex is viewed as something sacred, intended to bring children into the world.

It's actually very romantic.
Your version sounds like a cynical interpretation of the simplified biology that is taught to high school students to explain why peacocks invest effort in fancy tails to attract hens.
Nature in general is a lot more complex than this single example, though. This idea isn't a comprehensive description of sexual behaviour in turkeys or grebes, for example, let alone in humans.
I suspect real women will perceive this view that sex is 'transactional' for men as off-putting anyway. It's just not a very romantic idea- it gives the impression that he views a relationship, or keeping himself fit, as a 'price' for sex.

Now, compare this to Pepe le Pew.

He is stinky and wonderful and I want to have his babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.