• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pepe le Pew's canceled, updated thoughts / WB girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur Lune

I want everyone to take the time to note that this is the guy who immediately launched into small pee-pee jokes/virgin shaming/"you can't secure sex from a woman without coughing up money for it because you're a bigot or something" (the last one is especially funny and stupid when you realize that every dude on the planet is paying for it with either time or actual money whether it's for dinner dates, emotional investment, alimony payments, car note payments on fancy status-signaling cars that were 'bought' for the sole purpose of impressing a potential mate, OLD subscription fees, wedding costs, new clothing and shoe purchases, etc)
??? "every dude on the planet?" I don't even know what you two are arguing about but that isn't true. Some guys don't have pay anything, not time or money. Believe it or not just like those women that you mentioned, some men have women pay up to secure them not the other way around. Have you never had a woman aggressively pursue you? Or ask you out? How about stalk you? Or multiple women fight over you? If not, have you at least seen it happen to another man or at least heard about it? It's not the most common but c'mon it happens. I mean haven't you seen those crazy fan girls?

Also, resulting to "haha you can't get sex" or the like as an insult especially online is extremely pathetic. Ad hominem tends to be. But this one and you must have a small penis or anything else that is unprovable online is just silly and particularly unintelligent. Unless you are trolling and just trying to do anything to get a reaction. If you are going to result to insulting someone at least be witty enough to insult something that you could prove to be true or at least use what you actually have as proof to do so. For example their lack of logic, fallacies, personality, immorality etc. It's really sad, I mean at least try to be clever instead of using insults so primitive, so derived, so low effort, so overused. I mean I guess it would be more excusable if the person using such a low caliber, low level of insult were pubescent but even then... I mean, even if, assuming the person you are insulting did indeed have a small penis and you can prove it because they posted a picture of it or something why resort to insulting something that is out of their control versus something that they are completely responsible for such as badly made points in an argument or something? I guess it's simply too difficult to accomplish for some online simpletons.

DieselPowered

^ People who come to places like this just to mock the socially-maladjusted and therapy-prone human beings that make up these spaces are rarely worth engaging with properly. Reads like he just puts people down to feel better about himself, fairly sad and typical story.

What's silly is how new tropes are being instilled as sort of a domineering replacement over the past ones, excessively so, and somehow entertainment has to reflect real life circumstances to a T (according to individuals who think their specific demographics and new constructs represent more than what's factual), so much that it has to be forced in everything, even though they technically don't represent a vast amount of people on average, in fact, they disproportionally add elements in many new TV shows and entertainment that there's a political reference every 5 seconds with misrepresentations of certain other demographics, and people take that for face value, however, I guess that's the beauty of artistic freedom in capitalism as you people say. Also, when you say "heteronormative" and "males being pillars of strength", it comes across as something that should no longer exist in art or entertainment, which goes back to my point of simply others wanting to replace ideas (which in many cases, are natural and instinctive of our species) with new ones to fit the standards of another sectarian group of people, hence instead of male strength in films, you have female strength and male weakness, instead of heterosexuals you have LGBT, and so on, rather than trying to show people as equals, or at least in a way that doesn't blatantly come across as reversing prejudices through indoctrination.
Believe it or not, we're seeing an influx of non traditional tropes in an effort to make the issues surrounding them irrelevant. May seem like you're being bombarded with some kind of propaganda because there's currently a heavy focus on stories that have been traditionally ignored, but the point is simple. The old stories aren't the only ones out there. It may seem overtly political or subversive to have black or trans people, for instance, write stories that explore historical or current events/issues from their perspective, but the question there is. Why?

It's not a case of saying "heteronormative pillars of strength bad", but it's a bizarre tangent modern conservatives focus on. No one wants to demonize or humiliate you for being who you are, the point is exactly the opposite of that. If you feel attacked because these stories explore ideas you don't want to hear, well that's another story.
I honestly don't get how people feel like they're being persecuted these days because, what? Schwarzenegger and Stallone aren't considered pinnacles of masculinity anymore? Or because Dr. Manhattan turned himself into a black guy?

It's really silly.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I feel this thread is proof that cancel culture doesn't work.
Really, it depends on who gets cancelled and how.

It's harder to cancel someone or something with a lot of power, wealth, popularity, or clout than it is someone or something already unpopular or already weak.

In order for the cancellation to "take," the offense for which someone or something is being cancelled typically has to be greater and more compelling than the sum of their power, wealth, clout, and popularity.

Kumali

Lupine-American
The old stories aren't the only ones out there. It may seem overtly political or subversive to have black or trans people, for instance, write stories that explore historical or current events/issues from their perspective, but the question there is. Why?

Bingo.

No one wants to demonize or humiliate you for being who you are, the point is exactly the opposite of that. If you feel attacked because these stories explore ideas you don't want to hear, well that's another story.

Bingo again.

ASTA

"every dude on the planet?" I don't even know what you two are arguing about but that isn't true. Some guys don't have pay anything, not time or money. Believe it or not just like those women that you mentioned, some men have women pay up to secure them not the other way around. Have you never had a woman aggressively pursue you? Or ask you out? How about stalk you? Or multiple women fight over you? If not, have you at least seen it happen to another man or at least heard about it? It's not the most common but c'mon it happens. I mean haven't you seen those crazy fan girls?

Eminent men such as professional sports players, entrepreneurs, or entertainers all had to contribute something (almost always time but also money as well) to receive that sort of attention.

Michael Jackson was one of ten children from a working-class family. He signed multiple record deals, conducted countless tours, honed his talent, took part in one of 1960s/1970s America's most iconic pop bands, and participated in many interviews throughout the length of his entertainment career. Michael Jackson spent tens of thousands of hours becoming an icon that women the world over would come to practically deify.

So powerful was this dude's presence that he could stand in one spot and literally cause his adoring fans to faint in awe.

Even the atypical high school football stud has to offer something up. Being tall doesn't cut it (plenty of tall and lanky dudes are struggling in the modern dating market). He has to have charisma and maintain his social status (keeping on the team and winning matches with his mates). He also has to keep his looks (not get fat or otherwise unattractive). Perhaps she'll drive to his place to deliver the goods at the drop of a hat, but he still needs to make time (one of the most valuable and nonrefundable resources in the universe) for her out of his day to get what he wants. Maybe the sacrifice he's offering up isn't nearly as much as a bunch of shitty pickup lines or an extravagant dinner date or two, but he's still exchanging one thing for another.

The lesson here is that absolutely nothing in this world is free. Something, in some sort of amount, is sacrificed to yield one (or more) results.

That's what I meant when I say that every man is "paying" for it. If you meet a man who says that he isn't, he's either lying, ignorant, coping, or a combination of all 3.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Really, it depends on who gets cancelled and how.

It's harder to cancel someone or something with a lot of power, wealth, popularity, or clout than it is someone or something already unpopular or already weak.

In order for the cancellation to "take," the offense for which someone or something is being cancelled typically has to be greater and more compelling than the sum of their power, wealth, clout, and popularity.
Honey, sometimes I wish canceling worked. It doesn't. Not for the people who are actually dangerous.
And not for the people who annoy me either. =A=
-Thats for certain.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
...I mean, even if, assuming the person you are insulting did indeed have a small penis and you can prove it because they posted a picture of it or something why resort to insulting something that is out of their control versus something that they are completely responsible for such as badly made points in an argument or something? I guess it's simply too difficult to accomplish for some online simpletons.
Also, can we talk about how small penis insults are like high caliber homo-erotic?
Like, my dude, why does it matter to you that my penis is small? Are you disappointed because it's not to your caliber? Are you actually a Size Queen (or King). To each their own, I guess. I'm not here to yuck any one's yum.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
The two cancellations that have actually "stuck" are Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, and I'm genuinely amazed by the former---though, that was probably aided by him actually going to prison for his crimes. (If you can think of any others, please share them!) Other "cancelled" people have either been regular people/relative nobodies or minor/niche celebrities, or they've bounced back or reinvented themselves in some form after being "cancelled."

This a much-older example, but I'd say that Sinead O'Connor's cancellation in the 90s was swift, definitive, and also (dare I say) extremely unjust and undeserved.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Eminent men such as professional sports players, entrepreneurs, or entertainers all had to contribute something (almost always time but also money as well) to receive that sort of attention.

The lesson here is that absolutely nothing in this world is free. Something, in some sort of amount, is sacrificed to yield one (or more) results.

That's what I meant when I say that every man is "paying" for it. If you meet a man who says that he isn't, he's either lying, ignorant, coping, or a combination of all 3.

My contribution to the women of the world is amazing abdominals. :3

I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice, girls.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Damn it, I read this as "PewDiePie's Canceled" and I thought there was a new thread...

I have come to reconsider things. I actually wouldn't mind getting romantically chased by a french guy, who's fursona is a skunk.
This is a kink I shall not shame. B]

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
My contribution to the women of the world is amazing abdominals. :3

I hope you all appreciate my sacrifice, girls.
*Tosses an egg.*
*Onto the abdominals. For frying*

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
The two cancellations that have actually "stuck" are Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein, and I'm genuinely amazed by the former---though, that was probably aided by him actually going to prison for his crimes. (If you can think of any others, please share them!)
Bill Cosby's cancellation happened because he's black. Lets just be frank here. R. Kelly is in there too-
But it took DECADES because most if not all the victims were black women. Lets just be even more frank--
However, all this is another conversation unto itself. One about marginalized people, bias, how society values black women and girls, etc.

Weinstein happened DECADES later because there was a hashtag. And other women actually felt emboldened to finally come forward. Though, thats a whole other conversation about powerful men and the safety of women in general. Powerful men just get away with shit. For decades . Elvis Presley had a documented obsession with prepubescent girls but he's still not cancelled.

Other "cancelled" people have either been regular people/relative nobodies or minor/niche celebrities, or they've bounced back or reinvented themselves in some form after being "cancelled."

This a much-older example, but I'd say that Sinead O'Connor's cancellation in the 90s was swift, definitive, and also (dare I say) extremely unjust and undeserved.

Cancellations just don't work for the people who actually have power. -The people who are actually dangerous. I feel like Kat Williams said it best. The majority of the things people are trying to cancel no one is trying to bring back any way. They're just crying about cancellation culture, which is not an actual profound thing.

MechaMegs

The Red Menace
Elvis Presley had a documented obsession with prepubescent girls but he's still not cancelled.
I am not even joking but like is there anything left to cancel of Elvis? like havent most of those who still listened to him gone off to advanced age or death at this point? Much like many who had listened to the Beatles whom were also quite terrible really?

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
This entire forum is packed to its rafters with black-and-white thinkers (and no, I don't think I'm an exception here). lmao, I can't even remember the last time any of you produced an original thought or position that didn't look like it came straight off of Reddit, Twitter, or a Guardian article.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I made sure to get the picture that was titled "REEEE Pepe"

TyraWadman

The Brutally Honest Man-Child
I am not even joking but like is there anything left to cancel of Elvis? like havent most of those who still listened to him gone off to advanced age or death at this point? Much like many who had listened to the Beatles whom were also quite terrible really?

I used to live in a part of Ontario that held an entire festival for him. Fans and impersonators would come from all around the world to compete. Luckily, I was working and didn't have to listen to the noise just a block over from my place. So... there's a good number of people still obsessing over him, for whatever reason.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Lol, you have a point. Nobody in my community really cared about Elvis in the first place--

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I used to live in a part of Ontario that held an entire festival for him. Fans and impersonators would come from all around the world to compete. Luckily, I was working and didn't have to listen to the noise just a block over from my place. So... there's a good number of people still obsessing over him, for whatever reason.
I hear Elvis impersonators are still a thing in Vegas too, maybe... But I have a blind spot in this area cause everyone immediately around me never cared about Elvis. The musical heritage line is more like-
James Brown > Michael Jackson | Prince > Usher | Justin Timberlake > (Unfortunately, Justin Bieber, who was founded by Usher...)
Janelle Monae was inspired by Michael Jackson | Prince. I feel like that was a better result.

NFP

I'm amazed ceelo green's cancellation stuck, since cancellations came up.

The reason he was cancelled after a date/drug rape is because he *wasn't* famous enough for the suits to look past it.

Much bigger celebrities have done worse and nothing happened to them.

I still refuse to listen to kung fu panda's full OST because that asshole sang the credits theme, and for me the movie has to end prematurely at the credits to not listen to him.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
I'm amazed ceelo green's cancellation stuck, since cancellations came up.

The reason he was cancelled after a date/drug rape is because he *wasn't* famous enough for the suits to look past it.

Much bigger celebrities have done worse and nothing happened to them.

I still refuse to listen to kung fu panda's full OST because that asshole sang the credits theme, and for me the movie has to end prematurely at the credits to not listen to him.
I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Cancellations don't work on actually powerful people. Ceelo Green was suspendible, for a lot of reasons.

NFP

Are you saying roman polanski who was hugely influential wasn't affected by raping a prepubescent girl?! I mean... he only got a standing ovation on the oscars (and the damn oscar) over a decade ago.

There's also a support letter signed by 200 A-list media personalities.

I hear he's in jail now, after escaping to france or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.