• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Perfect Dark >>64<<

Ryken_Aaelgrin

Rofl just saw this thread and had to say something. Best FPS ever in my opinion as well, I still play this all the time with my friend, there's just nothing like it. And you always gotta have a peacesim in your multiplayer matches, extremely annoying, but worth it when you kill him :D And try setting it to 1-shot kills, with all weapons as the laser ^_^

Panzermanathod

SHAVE ALL FUR! BALDIES FTW!!!
If I actually owned an N64 I would maybe give this a chance, but as far as shooters go my heart still belongs to Syphon Filter.

For FPS games... Resident Evil Survivor.

N

Nick

I'm up to the point now where I can hang with the perfect and dark sims without using any handicaps. (That's pretty amazing for those who havn't played)...

MY favorite thing to do is set it to all remote mines in the G5 building. That's a blasty blast.

CryoScales

Devourer of Worlds
If I actually owned an N64 I would maybe give this a chance, but as far as shooters go my heart still belongs to Syphon Filter.

For FPS games... Resident Evil Survivor.

Panzer it is being ported to the 360's Xbox Live arcade. If you own a 360 this may be your chance to try it.

Also the Syphon Filter series died already. The company that created all the games, Sony Bend (formerly Editic) had to cancel a lot of their projects. I do believe Sony is planning to cut them loose.

Panzermanathod

SHAVE ALL FUR! BALDIES FTW!!!
Okay, let me rephrase myself

My heart still belongs to the PSX Syphon Filter games, even if I have problems with SF3. But I never played any of the post PSX games.

Also, the "Best" system I got is a PSX, so no PD for me

Runefox

Kitsune of the PC Master Race
Ah, Perfect Dark. I bought an Expansion Pack pretty much specifically for it, but I only ever rented it - Never owned it until a few years ago, but I'll be damned if I didn't lose it.

Anyway, Perfect Dark is one of those rare (oh ho) N64 games that actually look good when they're scaled up from 512x384/640x480 to modern resolutions like 1280x1024. In fact, a while ago, I ran it with Project64 at 1280x1024 (then my native monitor resolution) and took some screens to show it off; It really looks a lot better in motion. The animations were some of the best parts of the graphics in the game. Still, there's a lot of detail in the opening scene that gets lost in the low resolution of most TV displays.

Title
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Ego Draconis

Guardian
Perfect Dark is my favorite fps by far! Spent huuuundreds of hours playing it with my older sister, one of my best moments in video games!

L

LizardKing

ZOMG I'M PLAYING IT ON THE PC RIGHT NAO

AWESOME

MOUSE CONTROL

YEAH

Leon_Negro

The Red Rogue
I still have the original game system, along with and emulator I play on my laptop on the go! That game had some of the best weapons and gameplay modes of its time.

Runefox

I still have the original game system, along with and emulator I play on my laptop on the go! That game had some of the best weapons and gameplay modes of its time.

Of its time?! Hell, most first person shooters nowadays have "GENERIC GARGANTUAN SUPERBIG NOBODY-WOULD-REALLY-USE-THIS ASSAULT RIFLE HERE" (hi, Gears of War!) or "M16 RIPOFF V2.0B" (Killzone!) if it's not directly using real-world weapons. Gameplay modes include "KILL EVERYTHING" and "CAPTURE THE SOMETHING".

PD was amazing. Every weapon had a secondary function, even if it was just bashing someone over the head with it. You could disarm people. You could deploy your laptop gun into a sentry turret. You could sedate people and watch them run around firing blindly. You could create your own character for multiplayer and cart it and your stats around with you. The music was awesome. The stages were awesome. The graphics, for the day and the limited console hardware, were amazing. I mean, it sounds like I'm the biggest fanboy ever right now, but seriously, compare PD to most modern shooters, and it's really become a lot more bland and uninspired since.

ivanstrelok

i played it looong time ago,i have to say that those games were more addictive than the actual ones...i spent hours playing goldeneye in my 64...goddamn i miss that thing ,she fell of my bike and got crushed by a car (seriously) ;_;

Kiba

Sometimes good things happen.
best game ever, :D. I've enjoyed it so much :D

I

Ishnuvalok

Perfect Dark = 007 perfected

I still play it, still the best FPS shooter IMO.

Half Life beats Perfect Dark by several miles. But Half Life has the advantage of being a PC game. So Perfect Dark is console FPS perfected, while Half Life (well I'd say Half life 2) is PC FPS perfected.

I remember the good 'ol days, over at a friends house. It would be like, 10 at night and we all would be playing Pefect Dark/Goldeneye 007 splitscreen multiplayer.

Wulf

Terminally Pulchritudinous
Wow. Experiencing major nostalgia overload. I have to get my old N64 and PD cartridge off my brother.

I love Perfect Dark. I used to play it all the time. I played this and Goldeneye. My favorite weapon was the one that you could use to see through walls.
Farsight <3

Perfect Dark, you say? Best FPS ever. I would still be playing it if my N64 controllers still worked properly. I can guarantee you that I'll be playing it religiously on my 360 once it gets released on XBLA.
The bane of the N64 player. The fucking analog stick. Jesus. I basically ground all mine away to nothing.

ZOMG I'M PLAYING IT ON THE PC RIGHT NAO

AWESOME

MOUSE CONTROL

YEAH
Son of a bitch.

Runefox

Son of a bitch.
Yanno, technically, if you own the cartridge, you could run it on your PC legally enough - Or, well, if you had a powerful enough PC (it doesn't really require that much. It runs nicely on a P4 with a Radeon 9600).

TheResult

I never got to play it.

Apparently, though, it's pretty great?

Maybe I should go to the local flea market and see if they have it.

Utsukushii

The Fabulous Zhang He
Oh my god, this game is EPIC. I play it on P64 all the time. Greatest FPS ever is right.