• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Persona 5

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Should I get into Persona? I think I can use that PS Now streaming service to play 4 on my PS4.

If you like RPGs with a social simulator and great story, its definitely for you.
get p4g...thats good, improved the game a lot.

TrishaCat

The Iron Masked Cat in the FAF
Damn...That animation quality is amazing. Persona's really gotten a budget this time around. Art style kinda looks like Catherine. Menu is a little too messy for my taste but otherwise it looks nice.

Moogie

♡Kupo♡
Lovin the comic book style they've got going, and wahh jumping and rolling! Cannot wait~ T__T

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
is it just me or does the trailer feel like if sly cooper met anime characters.
Something about the stealth and climbing just reminds me of that game.

TrishaCat

You do play thieves in P5

Ieono

Uberaffe
I love the art direction, as it stands in the trailer. The red theme this time really works for me, haha. Not so sure about the plot and characters, but something new should be given a chance before I say that I don't like it. I was hoping that they'd do something with college kids this time, but oh well.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
I wonder if Persona 5 will be more of a Henshin Hero.

Seriously, everyone looks like they're wearing costumes.

Esper Husky

Blonde Junpei is my new husband
You can has him ~
Should I get into Persona? I think I can use that PS Now streaming service to play 4 on my PS4.
Yes. Persona 4 Golden > Persona 4, if you do or can. If you touch 3, though, go with Persona 3 Portable, if you can.
If you like RPGs with a social simulator and great story, its definitely for you.
get p4g...thats good, improved the game a lot.
Completely agreed here; plus, if you really don't wanna deal with all the obsessive compulsive schedules, just drop the difficulty low enough to make social linking irrelevant (though it's a big component for the gameplay, so YMMV).
Damn...That animation quality is amazing. Persona's really gotten a budget this time around. Art style kinda looks like Catherine. Menu is a little too messy for my taste but otherwise it looks nice.
Same feeling I had, basically; made me feel or think of Catherine. I think the menus look pretty cool, myself, but they are not concise or simpler like P3 or P4, so, hmm.
Wubwub, demons are back~~
Yeeaaahhhh, that's a weird thing for me! (I never played P1 or P2.) I wonder if it will get to do anything with P3 / P4 casts and stories, since those have been merging all over the place these days.
Lovin the comic book style they've got going, and wahh jumping and rolling! Cannot wait~ T__T
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!! I am only very slightly worried about any possible "true" platforming aspects; but otherwise, so much goodness in the trailer...
Stealth and climbing doesn't also make you think of Metal Gear Solid? ... eh, Greyfox? ;) ... okay, I'll stop.
You do play thieves in P5
I'm more curious if you play "the villain" this time around; unless there's specific reasons for being a thief, y'know. Like... I don't know, [treasure hunter] style or something.
I love the art direction, as it stands in the trailer. The red theme this time really works for me, haha. Not so sure about the plot and characters, but something new should be given a chance before I say that I don't like it. I was hoping that they'd do something with college kids this time, but oh well.
I was wondering if they'd jump on up to college students myself, this time around. But the color scheme is sick, and it just looks much darker than P4 was (though it technically is dark, outside the color scheme). Not a pro or con, so to speak, but these feel closer to Catherine archetypes based on visuals and environments / impressions.
I wonder if Persona 5 will be more of a Henshin Hero.

Seriously, everyone looks like they're wearing costumes.
I think / thought one of the "teaser posters" was something about The Phantom, which made me think 'of the Opera', simply. That also said, I'm equating the masks to the glasses from P4 -- something they wear in dark hour TV world whatever zone phase this game has. Then again, I also don't know if it does?

HYYPPPEEEE!!!!!

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
please be shit.

MegaMew

Jäger
Ive always poked around the game, for my brother has a addiction with this and Shin Megami Tensei. Looks interesting.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
Ah, Persona. #3 on the JRPG I like short list. I'm certainly looking forward to this hitting state side.

My thoughts here though.

1: I hope it's harder than P3-P4G.

2: Who is this cat fellow! I'm curious!

3: MOAR GUNS! This pleases me.

4: Was that Naoto I saw in the background there? o.o

5: Can I PLEASE ffs get a gay romance option?

6: What combat system are they using? Press turn still?

7: I hope Personas are summoned for the duration of a fight instead of just appearing during an attack flash.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Ah, Persona. #3 on the JRPG I like short list. I'm certainly looking forward to this hitting state side.

My thoughts here though.

7: I hope Personas are summoned for the duration of a fight instead of just appearing during an attack flash.

Going to add to that wishlist.

8. Have the main character able to talk so he can have a character development.

9. BRING BACK TEDDY! (Kidding)

10. Make characters react more to certain things like e.g. you start going out with someone.

11. Have more than a year of gameplay. I hated the feeling of having to get everything done quickly.

12. Have the romance as its own social link so you can do more social things with your gf or bf.

TrishaCat

please be shit.
Why do you want a game to be bad?
why
why would you want this

There were already cheap deaths gotten in P3 just because of dumb stuff like muda and hama skills, critical hits, characters falling down, or allies not using their Personas properly. The system of allowing successive hits from hitting an enemy with its weakness also added to the hard cheapness of the game. Its broken. It either means your team will kick an enemies butt or you'll get screwed over.

Also I'm going to admit it particularly irks me to see you like this game while dissing FFXV in that other thread a while back. My experience with Persona is that its extremely cheap and tedious. Its got style, good music, and the social link stuff is fun but the dungeons and combat ruin it. I have a love/hate relationship with Persona right now because of this.

I'm hyped for P5 but I was also hyped for P3 before getting 30 hours into it.

Last edited:

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
I never had much of a problem with the one hit kill abilities, in fact using them is no small part of what makes the games too easy. Not using them helps, but even then its just an attack type match beat down against anything but bosses, whom are made chumps via resistance stacking.

I do agree on the lack of allie control being tripe however. Which is likely why they finally changed that in P4/P4G. For what it's worth, on the combat side P4G is a VASTLY better game than P3.

Also, when did I hate on FFXV? oO I've hated on every other FF except Dissidia/Tactics/FF8/FF9/FF6, but I've never said anything bad about FF15. In fact I'm deeply hopeful that 15 will drag FF back up from the pit of crap its come to inhabit and do so without employing the JRPG tropes that make me shake my head at the entire category.

Persona, Lost Oddessy, the myriad MegaTen games, and even The Last Remnant have all risen above being eclectic, shallow worlds of nonsense like most JRPGs to become something cohesive, well realised and well executed with good game play, believable characters, and situations that aren't head scratchingly arbitrary or nonsense. I'm hoping FF15 will accomplish the same. The modern aesthetic certainly doesn't hurt.

Alastair Snowpaw

The Skull Paw
Its broken. It either means your team will kick an enemies butt or you'll get screwed over.
besides the allys not being controlled by you the gameplay in P3/4 is amazing, also they realized AI allys was bad which is why they changed in in P4.

the combat is not broken, that one sidedness of it is intentional and it makes it entertaining, because you always have to adapt and change and can't just do the same thing for every single fight. You have to actually know the enemies you are facing and change based on what you're fighting. It's much more entertaining than in most RPGs where you get a go to skill and just use it for everything. It makes combat much less tedious than in most other RPGs. Also there are spells/items to use against the instant death spells, so you use those when you're facing enemies you know can cast Hama and Mudo.

Esper Husky

please be shit.
no
Ive always poked around the game, for my brother has a addiction with this and Shin Megami Tensei. Looks interesting.
Definitely try to poke it more. :)

My thoughts here though.

(1) I hope it has difficulty sliders, so it can be as hard as you want and as easy as I want.
(2) Morgana, or something?
(3) It's interesting, that the main char is not some innocent teenager, or so speculation / info would tell.
(4) I don't think we are gonna see P3 / P4 cameos or chars this early on in teasers or trailers, so guessing no.
(5) Very much seconded; my Yu being unable to romance any of the boys... sadface; mmm, Brosuke Awesomura.
(6) I don't think we've seen enough of the combat yet, but I'd wager it still as turn based. Most of their recent releases have still been turn based; JRPG style.
(7) I don't have a preference for how long Personas are on display; I wouldn't mind them being "on screen" longer, though.
Going to add to that wishlist.

8. Have the main character able to talk so he can have a character development.

9. BRING BACK TEDDY! (Kidding)

10. Make characters react more to certain things like e.g. you start going out with someone.

11. Have more than a year of gameplay. I hated the feeling of having to get everything done quickly.

12. Have the romance as its own social link so you can do more social things with your gf or bf.
(8) On one side, I like the silent protagonist for these games, 'cause the personality isn't forced or decided already; on the other side, though -- exactly what you said, would be nice since dialogue options are set in stone, usually.
(9) ~ yay let's not ~
(10) Feel like BioWare games have nailed everyone not minding their own business; so would like to see that here, too.
(11) Hmm. A year is a long time, isn't it? I mean, maybe I wouldn't mind time skips, but P3 + P4 each have given me ~80-100+ hour game saves, so...
(12) I could get behind this; then again, maybe just add onto the social link you already have with them, due to romance scenario; versus a separate one.
Why do you want a game to be bad?why
why would you want this

There were already cheap deaths gotten in P3 just because of dumb stuff like muda and hama skills, critical hits, characters falling down, or allies not using their Personas properly. The system of allowing successive hits from hitting an enemy with its weakness also added to the hard cheapness of the game. Its broken. It either means your team will kick an enemies butt or you'll get screwed over.

Also I'm going to admit it particularly irks me to see you like this game while dissing FFXV in that other thread a while back. My experience with Persona is that its extremely cheap and tedious. Its got style, good music, and the social link stuff is fun but the dungeons and combat ruin it. I have a love/hate relationship with Persona right now because of this.

I'm hyped for P5 but I was also hyped for P3 before getting 30 hours into it.
Yeah, personally, I dislike the whole "you lose when the MC dies," though it kinda makes sense. They definitely eased on the difficulty for P4G, though. (Didn't feel that with P3P, personally.) To be fair, I prefer all of P4's iterations over most any of P3; but that might also be a given. I think Atlus has come a long way since the design and crush of P3, though -- P4G probably shows as much; hopefully, they reserve soul devouring difficulty for SMT.
I never had much of a problem with the one hit kill abilities, in fact using them is no small part of what makes the games too easy. Not using them helps, but even then its just an attack type match beat down against anything but bosses, whom are made chumps via resistance stacking.

I do agree on the lack of allie control being tripe however. Which is likely why they finally changed that in P4/P4G. For what it's worth, on the combat side P4G is a VASTLY better game than P3.

Also, when did I hate on FFXV? oO I've hated on every other FF except Dissidia/Tactics/FF8/FF9/FF6, but I've never said anything bad about FF15. In fact I'm deeply hopeful that 15 will drag FF back up from the pit of crap its come to inhabit and do so without employing the JRPG tropes that make me shake my head at the entire category.

Persona, Lost Oddessy, the myriad MegaTen games, and even The Last Remnant have all risen above being eclectic, shallow worlds of nonsense like most JRPGs to become something cohesive, well realised and well executed with good game play, believable characters, and situations that aren't head scratchingly arbitrary or nonsense. I'm hoping FF15 will accomplish the same. The modern aesthetic certainly doesn't hurt.
I never really go for the instant kills, which probably would have made things easier; 'cause if they had an elemental weakness, I just ran with those. But Hama + Mudo on Personas is a mainstay in my parties.

I believe they originally changed the "lack of controlling party members" in the first P4, or maybe it was P3P; whichever came first. But yeah, that was torture even in P3FES, yet relevant to say not being able to control your allies is very much a thing of the past (and has been for a while).

Here's hoping FFXV is awesome, too. Extra <3 for mentioning Lost Odyssey. Mmmmm.
besides the allys not being controlled by you the gameplay in P3/4 is amazing, also they realized AI allys was bad which is why they changed in in P4.

the combat is not broken, that one sidedness of it is intentional and it makes it entertaining, because you always have to adapt and change and can't just do the same thing for every single fight. You have to actually know the enemies you are facing and change based on what you're fighting. It's much more entertaining than in most RPGs where you get a go to skill and just use it for everything. It makes combat much less tedious than in most other RPGs. Also there are spells/items to use against the instant death spells, so you use those when you're facing enemies you know can cast Hama and Mudo.
In general, I never felt so imbalanced with P3FES or P4G, to be fair (except one encounter near the very end of P3, which seemed absolutely busted ridiculous imba, except then I fused myself to a Null Physical, and it was a cakewalk moment). But the games tend to allow you so much opportunity and information to tip the cups in your favor.

http://www.destructoid.com/persona-...t-in-the-shell-studio-and-arsene-287442.phtml

Ieono

Uberaffe
Arsene looks so damn classy. Classy-overload!

Moogie

♡Kupo♡
Like a mix of Dante & Edgeworth. GORGEOUS!

On the gameplay side, guns are back as ranged weapons. All the characters have their own distinct gun, but, like Evokers, they're not actual guns. They are used for combat, though.

So does this mean there's no option to using other weapons? While using a gun is neat, I did love how everyone had their own unique style of fighting.

Antumbra

That One Guy
I just started playing P4, after watching the trailer. GOOD GOD THIS GAME IS FUN! I can't wait for P5!

What is the difference though between P4 and Golden?

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.