• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Personal belongings in suit

Amethyst

Monster Car
Odd but simple question; where do you put things like wallets,purses,mobile phones etc while in suit? Do you lock them away somewhere, carrying them on you but hidden in the suit?

Arzus

I've seen a few suits that have pouches, like a kangaroo.
I was actually thinking of this myself, I have to take alot of important medication as very specific times, so I may ask Kendra to add a pouch to my suit, (I know, not many foxes have pouches, but then again how many are stripy and neon colored!)
Other then that, if you have a friend not in a suit, have them hold onto things, or leave then locked up some place safe.

NoxTigress

Dungeon Mistress
This is what handlers are for. Not only do they keep an eye where you can't while you're in full suit, but they can hold onto stuff for you as well!

I've also seen people sew zipper pockets into the underside of tails and the like as well, for just such occassions. With a bit of work (though this might not work if your suit is made of shorter fur or fleece) you could even potentially add in some regular pockets hidden by zip or velcro to stash things in. But that's entirely dependant on the type/style of your suit.

DaxCyro

Interesting question.
Handler or friends is one solution.
Only bring things you can't get in a store plus a small phone, credit card or some spare change. If your regular phone is a tad big, then get a cheap small backup without sim card. Most of it can probably be hidden in the footpads, head or carried around the neck if you got the space for it. But I guess our more experienced suiters can answer on that.

Or just let your character carry a bag or backpack.

NoxTigress' suggestion isn't too bad either.

Last edited:

Lilfurbal

Cuddly Kitty Cat
I have to carry things with me as well as they are necessary things I need in order to fursuit places. I have to have a bar of soap, a paper towel, and my glasses. Weird items yes, but my fursuit head has lenses in the eyes that can be taken out. I cannot see anything without glasses but can't wear glasses in the head, so there's slots in the eyes for prescription lenses. They fog up in seconds if you don't rub them with bar soap first. The defogger works great for long periods of time, but on breaks in the headless lounge or whatnot I can fix them up again. I wear a leopard fursuit, to carry my stuff I wear a matching leopard plush backpack. :p

RoseHexwit

Puts the "fang" in "fangirl".
The last time I went fursuiting was at a park. I packed a duffel bag full of picnic supplies, my camera, my phone, and other things. My two spotters were more than happy to fetch things for me, but having a bag-like thing to put them it came in handy.

I'm going to an anime convention in May, and I plan to wear a small backpack of some kind so that I can keep my room key and stuff in there.

Fay V

Lost to this world
I usually leave my stuff in my changing room. I don't travel much in suit while alone. if I am moving around a lot then I will give it to me handler.
I got in the habit of putting dollars in my gloves so I can get at it when I know I need it. :p mostly handler or carry a small bag or something.

InuAkiko

Waiting for life to get good
My suit tail has a secret pocket 8D

Amethyst

Monster Car
Interesting question.
Handler or friends is one solution.
Only bring things you can't get in a store plus a small phone, credit card or some spare change. If your regular phone is a tad big, then get a cheap small backup without sim card. Most of it can probably be hidden in the footpads, head or carried around the neck if you got the space for it. But I guess our more experienced suiters can answer on that.

Or just let your character carry a bag or backpack.

NoxTigress' suggestion isn't too bad either.

Yeah but you see I can of have issues with having stuff not actually on my person. I don't like back packs either ( people can grab stuff without you noticing, especially in suit) I guess I could find an in character tote bag that I can have on me.

TDK

BARK BARK WAG WAG
Fanny pack, nuff said.

fannypack.gif

Sarlune

Twat Waffle
The last time I went fursuiting was at a park. I packed a duffel bag full of picnic supplies, my camera, my phone, and other things. My two spotters were more than happy to fetch things for me, but having a bag-like thing to put them it came in handy.

I'm going to an anime convention in May, and I plan to wear a small backpack of some kind so that I can keep my room key and stuff in there.

OMG is it the one in Chicago?
I so wanted to go... but I don't have the money and it would have been so kewl since thats over my bday weekend

Keryu

I sew a good size pocket into one of the sides and use an invisible zipper so it's pretty impossible to see~ I just keep my phone, wallet and key card in it~

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I just got my firsuit few days ago, and the tail has a zipper. Would it be good idea to store stuff in there? It has zipper so can fill the tail out so it dosent look flat or anything.

DaxCyro

Yeah but you see I can of have issues with having stuff not actually on my person. I don't like back packs either ( people can grab stuff without you noticing, especially in suit) I guess I could find an in character tote bag that I can have on me.

No worries, I've got the same issue myself.
A smartphone, earjacks, glasses and a wallet bursting with cash/keys/cards/painkiller/etc, and that's if I'm traveling light.

The hidden compartment others have suggested sound good though.
Part handy, part magician trick.

**Pats the body**
**Shows hand with nothing in them**
**Put hands behind the back**
**Produce a card/cash to pay for refreshments**

Itsuya

hyenabutt
I carry a backpack while suiting. Normally just a small stuffed animal one. Just have someone keep an eye out for me

Cruce

Well I've only had partials, so I usually have a bag or pockets on my person. If I HAD a fullsuit, it would depend on the character honestly. If it was my tanuki puppy, I have a plush leaf accessory that opens in the back, and velcros shut that I carry, so I could put my phone or wallet in there. Or have a handler carry anything I needed. If I was in the bullterrier, I usually have a bag since my character is a Mod, and it goes with the outfit.

PaulShepherd

Hawt Dawg
I have a partial, so that I can just put my wallet in my jeans pocket. But yeah, for folks with full suits, that's gonna be tricky. The backpack idea sounds pretty cool.

Vriska

Spider 8itch
If I had a pug fullsuit, I would think a scarf with a hidden compartment may be good.

coolkidex

Hug a wolf today!
My friend sewed a little pouch on the inside part of the belly... Worked fine, felt okay, as long as you weren't carrying bricks around in it. o_O