• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pet Bunnies

Zenia

T

Tewin Follow

Haha, she's so puffy. <3
ONE THING: perhaps you should get another bunny to keep her company when you aren't there/at night? They're group animals and need friends.

I like bunnies, but have never had one. I worry about holding them, because if they freak and kick back too far, they can dislodge their vertebrae. ><

Zenia

I am already thinking of getting her a friend. There is someone with a huge assortment of bunnies who lives down the street from me. They will be ready to go in a week or two. linkage - The one on the very left is the one I like. If it is a female I might get her. I need to get a bigger cage though. I already planned on getting one. I just need to do a bunch of commissions to earn $250 for it.

Ley

ohmigod

name her ms puff

or cleo

or blackie

or some other cute name like CUPPIECAKE X3

So fucking cute omg. I fucking love rabbits.

T

Tewin Follow

ohmigod

name her ms puff

or cleo

or blackie

or some other cute name like CUPPIECAKE X3

So fucking cute omg. I fucking love rabbits.

NO NAME HER MARGARET THATCHER OR RAINBOW DASH DO IT

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
Aww, I used to have rabbits! Your little Lionhead is SO cute! :3 I used to have Holland Lops.

You know, people always told me to buy two rabbits or more, because they like to keep each other company. I followed their advice at first, but the rabbits would constantly be fighting and hurting each other to the point where all of my rabbits eventually ended up in separate hutches (they were house pets, but slept in hutches during the night). Finally learned my lesson and purchased just one rabbit, the last time. He was a huge sweetheart and was totally happy being an "only child". I made sure to give him plenty of attention every day, and he grew to be a fat old happy boy, even without a room-mate. :3 I miss the little guy... I had to leave him with a friend when I moved.

So yeah. lol. Get another bunny if you want one, but I think she'd be fine on her own, too. And if you do get another, be prepared to make amendments to the cage (or buy another), if they end up hating each other.

Zenia

Get another bunny if you want one, but I think she'd be fine on her own, too. And if you do get another, be prepared to make amendments to the cage (or buy another), if they end up hating each other.
Yeah, my first ever bunny was a happy girl all on her own. She got to hang out with us (free run) in the house all day and at night she would go into her hutch. She would play with the cat and dog for company. Right now my cat just staaaaaares at her, but when she is bigger I will introduce them carefully. If my roommates cat and his sisters parrot can be best friends, I bet my cat and rabbit will make friends.

If the bunny is a boy I won't take him, but maybe if it is a girl I will.

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
I'd name her main course as that is what they would be at my house. I love bunnies both as pets and food but really- what can you teach a rabbit?

Jeter

Rural legend and raconteur...
Love mine! I have two very spoiled house-rabbits, a Netherland Dwarf male and a Dutch Dwarf female (both fixed). They do keep each other company during the day, but they came to me as a set and had already bonded. The more you interact with your rabbit, the more it will bond with you.

I never gave rabbits a second thought as a pet when I was younger (my friends that had them kept them in hutches in their backyards and just looked at them once in awhile), but house rabbits are fantastic! They do play, mine love cat balls with bells inside and the plastic keys on a ring that you get for babies. Toilet paper tubes are great for them to chew (cardboard boxes too). They use the litterbox, they play and they are affectionate (not like a dog, more like a cat...when they want it). I've taught my two to sit up and they will come when called.

Even if you only have the one, I recommend getting her spayed when she's 4-5 months old. Look around for a vet that knows rabbits though, not all of them do. Good luck with your girl, she's cute!

Zenia

but really- what can you teach a rabbit?
I knew someone would make an eating her comment. Usually it is the men that do that. I hate that. Anyway, a pet doesn't have to learn tricks to be a treasured companion. Bunnies just have to be cute and cuddly, which she is. :)

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
I knew someone would make an eating her comment. Usually it is the men that do that. I hate that. Anyway, a pet doesn't have to learn tricks to be a treasured companion. Bunnies just have to be cute and cuddly, which she is. :)

But being cuddly is kind of pointless to me. I love my dogs and birds and my lizards are cool to watch and feed but I've had friends with rabbits- they can be held n stuff but I kind of like to interact with my pets. I wish there was stuff you could teach them. Not really fetch but a handshake would be cool.

Zenia

lol My cat comes when I call him, so that is good enough for me. He isn't all that cuddly (unless he wants it), but so far the bunny likes to sit still and get petted. I like to cuddle, so that is all she needs to do. hehe

Namba

Rabbits are vermin. They're vile creatures, and I don't even think they're remotely cute.

There should seriously be a "disagree" button.

Awwwww! Well, that is what people say about rats, but I loved having them as pets. :)

I love my rat.

Querk

Split-ended-headed marmot
Dawww bunnies are so cute

The only one I ever had was one I won as a prize at a fair

He died the very next day but cuuuuuute

RayO_ElGatubelo

My gif animation doesn't work
I like cute bunnies... the way they hop...

But I probably couldn't have one. My Labrador would probably eat it.

Lomberdia

Selling bookmarks!
I had a B&W rabbit. NAmed him oreo and he would hump my hand when I scratched his chin (made me mad, not because of the humping but because he scratched the hell outta my hand). I trained him to be an attack rabbit and he would bite anything that entered his cage without opening the door first. So he would bit everyone who tries to pet him through the slit openings of the cage and you would HAVE to open the cage for him to let you pet him. He died ond day while on his usual patrol of the living room while leaving "bread crumbs" so he could find he way back to his cage. Found him behind the TV with wounds on him (I assume he was killed by a mouse or rat that sneaked into the house)

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
OMG looks like the rabbit I had that looked just like yours named Fudgey when I was little. He died of heat stroke in his cage. :(

We also used to have another rabbit, she looked just like a wild rabbit, named Dolly. We got our first one, though, Flopsy (she had HUGE floppy ears) after she had babies, from a friend.

FireFeathers

Mr. Red Flag
Very few pictures of things make me squeal in joy, and baby bunnies are one of them. WHY. WHY MUST THEY BE SO ADORABLE.

baby bunnies and josh duhamel. Though the latter is fading away with each horrible transformer movie. My screeching love is conditional, dammit.