• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pet Lovers Thread

D

Deleted member 134556

A while ago I lost my Betta fish, Icarus, and was deeply upset from it. I found him in a tiny little bowl at the pet store, all by himself, so small and lonely. He broke my heart just looking at him. I bought him and took him home with me, along with a much larger bowl, ornaments, and all the essentials to give him the best life I could. He would recognize me during feeding time, and would follow me in his bowl wherever I was in the room. We had many kinds of interactions, and he showed me just how intelligent an animal could be.

I realized the joy of taking care of something so small and vulnerable, and being there for someone dependent on you completely. I got two years of happiness out of him, and I'm looking forward to experiencing that again soon.

1606911630822.png
1606911688285.png

Use this thread to post the animal companions you have or have had in the past, ones you plan on having some day, or ones you simply enjoy seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
"You may have your lover, your family and your friends, but I have only you. You are my world." - Every pet ever. Well, except for cats..

Had a black housecat called Applejack years ago. The one thing that kept me sane throughout my depression for months from the loss of Sergeant Solan to cancer. Will post a picture or two in memory and honour of her when I get back on my desktop.

Punji

Vaskebjørn
My photos are too large for the forums apparently, but I currently have two adult cats named Salmon and Tobias, though they mostly get called Sam and Toby. I just love them to bits! I can't see why anyone ever says cats aren't affectionate because these two are the sweetest and most loving beings I've ever known. They follow me everywhere almost all day no matter where in the house I am.

I've also had a lot of other cats over the years. Used to live on an acreage so they were all outdoors cats. Sometimes they just disappeared, sometimes they turned up less and less until months would go by before they'd swing by the old stomping grounds. A few died close enough to know about, which was always sad. I was recently told a few of my cats were killed by a neighbour's dogs, but I understand why I was kept in the dark about it. "They must have went into their yard and the dogs chased them." If I had known about it, it'd have been "a bullet went into their yard and the dogs chased it."

One of my favourite cats, Teddy, disappeared for a long time once. He suddenly turned up one day in the cat house we built for them, and had died in his sleep, still curled up. That was a tough week, never really got over it for a long time. The loss of a pet is a very painful thing.

Yakamaru

Shai'Hulud Whisperer. Or a sand hobo
Sergeant Solan(black and white) and Applejack(black) back when they were kittens.
DSC00294.JPG

Now lets see if I have a more recent picture of Applejack..

...I miss them both, you have no idea..

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
You have a hoosk!!!

Big, gentle Brahma rooster who used to be part of the chicken flock I help care for from time to time. He's a big baby who sucks at mating (and a raccoon got his girls) so he went to one of the breeder's friends in Florida to be a pet and show bird for their young daughter:
D9Mk_jtWkAACzzK.jpeg

Last edited:

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
0006E323-D3D4-4CDE-8CB6-93FA6193FF17.jpeg

This is my kitty, laying a trap for my hand with the broken kitty pose.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
It would take me a while to post them all but I will start with the friendliest lizard I have ever had, Katie the Iguana
FB_IMG_1544835196156.jpg

Katie was a rescue, given up by her original owner as she did not have the ability to care for her properly. This is why all her dorsal spines are missing and the mild deformation of her jaw from mbd. She was 4 years old when I got her. She was alway very personable and loved sitting on top of her cage. We also learned in her free roam time that she self potty trained and would always go in the same spot. She loved pets, closing her eyes and leaning into my hand. As you can see she also loved hats
FB_IMG_1607136090796.jpg

She was a very good lizard and though she died years ago at the age of 14, I miss her every day
FB_IMG_1607136102100.jpg

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
no farm animls?

Someone mentioned a chicken.

It would take me a while to post them all but I will start with the friendliest lizard I have ever had, Katie the Iguana
View attachment 95581
Katie was a rescue, given up by her original owner as she did not have the ability to care for her properly. This is why all her dorsal spines are missing and the mild deformation of her jaw from mbd. She was 4 years old when I got her. She was alway very personable and loved sitting on top of her cage. We also learned in her free roam time that she self potty trained and would always go in the same spot. She loved pets, closing her eyes and leaning into my hand. As you can see she also loved hats
View attachment 95583
She was a very good lizard and though she died years ago at the age of 14, I miss her every day
View attachment 95584

Coolest lizard EVER.

I have a leopard gecko but all she does is squeak and try to run from me. I'm working on building trust.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Big, gentle Brahma rooster who used to be part of the chicken flock I help care for from time to time. He's a big baby who sucks at mating (and a raccoon got his girls) so he went to one of the breeder's friends in Florida to be a pet and show bird for their young daughter:
View attachment 95424
my friend's boyfriend has a hamburger they lend for breeding purposes and they are making a pretty penny from it.