• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pet Peeves

contemplationistwolf

The Restless Maverick
I hate running out of disk space. I have a fairly old laptop now with lots of files on both the HDD and SSD, so I now have to juggle the memory, relocate/delete old stuff when I need more space.
Also, having an SSD with only 117GB is really annoying. For my next laptop, I'll definitely make sure to get a bigger SSD.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
There's this guy at work who brags about how good he is at Pokemon cards and different video games.

Apparently he was in the top 200 Pokemon card game players in the country at one point. And he talks about how he wins all these different video games. Those are literally the only things he has going for him, because he has terrible work ethic. . .and honestly, he's working in a factory with a bunch of people who are adults with bills to pay and responsibilities at home.
It's one thing to talk to other gamers about your gaming achievements, but just blathering nonstop to everyone about playing HALO all weekend isn't impressive. It's annoying. Shut up.

It seems like we have a lot of people who placed among the highest in the country, or 'could have won if not for (insert excuse here)'. Everywhere I've been, there's always gotta be at least one. o_O

Yakamaru

Very Speshul Title
I hate running out of disk space. I have a fairly old laptop now with lots of files on both the HDD and SSD, so I now have to juggle the memory, relocate/delete old stuff when I need more space.
Also, having an SSD with only 117GB is really annoying. For my next laptop, I'll definitely make sure to get a bigger SSD.
Glad I have some 16 TB total disk space.

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
I have 512 gb and never seem low... to answer the last

For the first one about this, you can always get an external one

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
And another:

#10 - People that have no clue about things but making demands anyway. I build custom guitars strictly as a hobby at this point in time. Maybe someday, I will go live and advertise, you know. I'm building a "Super Strat" for a kid my grandson knows. We fleshed out what types of wood, the finish, hardware, pickups, etc. The finish is a water-borne poly that is hard as nails when it dries/crosslinks/cures. However, from experience I know it takes three weeks to get to that stage where you can color sand, cut and buff the finish for that mile-deep finish. I just got the last clear coat on so I sent the guy a couple of pictures of the body and neck, still on the painting stand. He replies back,

Him: "So, I can come pick it up tomorrow?"

Me: No, a month from now when I get the last of the polishing done.

Him: "I need it this weekend for a gig." (He has at least five other guitars he can use, because I service them for him)

Me: No I said four weeks.

Him: "I talked to my guitar tech, he says good to go. On my way to pick it up." (The guy at this little hole in the wall place that does pickup chageouts, etc. I know him, he said he told the kid no such thing, told him to talk to me about it)

Me: Um, solid NO, not going together until about four weeks from now. The friggin' finish HAS TO CURE first.

Him: "Just give me the parts, I'll put it together. Can't be that hard."

So, I do that. Put the parts in a box so when he arrives, he wants everything NOW. I remind him, he still owes me some money. Pulls out his checkbook, I say no, cash on the barrelhead. He gets all butt-hurt, goes to the ATM, comes back with cash but he's $20 short. I ask him if he's got a place to hange the guitar body and neck from on the way home, he looks at me funny. I remind him, the finish is still trying to cure. He just grabs the parts, lays the body and neck in his back seat, takes off.

I'm digging through FB Marketplace about a week later, looking for that cheap guitar to buy, fix, flip when I run across this Super Strat for sale, one that looks very familiar to me. All except the headstock that he's painted black to cover up my brand decal. Paint's botched on the body, sanded through in places, neck is borked after he decided to scrape 'n sand the back to "Get that bare wood fast feel" on it. Oh well, glad I got my coin out of him at the time. I guess somebody bought the guitar so he comes to see me, wanting another one built. I turned him down. Not going down that road again.

"Bonus #11 - "Whilst" . . . Okay, I realize the UK and the USA both speak English(?) but ya know, we're two countries seperated by a common language. Whenever I see that, or the use of the letter S instead of the letter Z, I just lose it. Makes it hard for me to read, to the point I have to stop and re-read it, mentally correcting the spelling.

I know, here's some English Bloke reading this, thinking "What the b****y hell is he talking about?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
The way grocery store tomatoes taste like bland paste.

Who was the sadistic moron who hybridized tomatoes to look perfect, but to be so lacking in flavor?

Can't wait till summer!
The reason for the taste is the fact store-bought tomatoes, unless they are packaged locally by a known grower, are picked GREEN. That way, they survive the mechanical picking process. They are cold-stored until they are needed to be shipped to your local grocery store. Right before shipping, they are gassed with ethylene gas to turn them red. Essentially they are still green but they look ripe. IF a field has started to turn red, they will not pick them for the store. In that case, they are left longer, then sent to be canned, turned into catsup or Italian sauce, things like that.

And that is how tomatoes are handled in the grocery game.

AppleButt

People who don't train their dogs. I could rant about this for so long but really, I'm sure everyone already understands. I have friends with dogs that were never trained past house training and I avoid going to their houses because I don't want to have to defend my food or be knocked over by their dogs jumping on me. They're great dogs otherwise though.

This. I stopped going to my sister’s friend’s house cause of this. She liked getting big intimidating dogs, and didn’t teach them manners. They’d get their face inches away from my face checking me out, and they never looked too happy, not that I’m an expert on dog behavior. Like one wrong move and they’re ready to F me up, and she wouldn’t call him back or anything. Happened quite frequently. It’s not cool.

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
Customers who look at every single piece of their giant clothes pile when they get to my register while the queue is huge!! Ugghhh

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
Customers who look at every single piece of their giant clothes pile when they get to my register while the queue is huge!! Ugghhh
Was debating on opening up a thread dedicated to frustrating or downright obnoxious customers.

Like people that feel the need to iron out their ten year old lottery ticket before handing it to me. And the line is building. And just when you think it's over they pull out a while wad of them and keep doin it for every single one!!!

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
Was debating on opening up a thread dedicated to frustrating or downright obnoxious customers.

Like people that feel the need to iron out their ten year old lottery ticket before handing it to me. And the line is building. And just when you think it's over they pull out a while wad of them and keep doin it for every single one!!!
Ahsfhkjh oh man I could fit a novel with customer frustrations!!

KimberVaile

Officially elected and actual ruler of FAF

I'd have plenty to say on that front if there was ever such a thread, lol.

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I always pull out my vitamins before bed, get distracted and then sit there wondering if I already took them or not.
I hate myself for it. Because with how my legs were in the past, I can't really afford to miss taking it either.

Not sure if pet peeve, but didn't feel quite Vent Thread worthy either.

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
When certain people do smoking for nothing else but 'coolness', and they proudly present themselves smoking. Same applies to similar.

Why do people do some 'unsafe' stuff only for 'coolness'? I keep telling those ain't cool at all, they don't seem to heed. Welp, my urge is futile as it's already been assured that they won't change, because they do, which is already obvious for the fact that they even begun at the first place.

My lord...

Frank Gulotta

Send us your floppy
I break the system : it's not really a pet peeve, just a peeve about a pet. So one of my parents' cat spent last night in my bed, on one hand that's a free, purring hot water bag to keep warm, on the other hand she's so heavy -w- I didn't sleep as well as you would think

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
I break the system : it's not really a pet peeve, just a peeve about a pet. So one of my parents' cat spent last night in my bed, on one hand that's a free, purring hot water bag to keep warm, on the other hand she's so heavy -w- I didn't sleep as well as you would think

Thankies for accompanying UwU