• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Petty Confessions

Hogo

Unrespectable Member
I also do this thing where if someone tailgates me and changes lanes I will deliberately speed up so they can't get past me and end up stuck behind an even slower car in that lane. As long as I don't have to go over 90mph to accomplish this in which case I'd just let em pass around.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
The school one's too big of a confession to me, so I'll go for something pettier:

I despise emojis and their predecessors, the emoticons, with a passion. In fact, I despise MOST forms of shorthand.

I'll learn to read them as it's kind of a crucial Internet survival skill, but it is exceedingly rare when I use shorthand myself.

I have a phobia of answering unknown callers, and almost never answer them.
Previous scam attempts or part of a larger fear of the unknown? I know I don't answer unknown callers anymore because so many of them have been spam.

Nexus Cabler

Abstract Concepts Coordinator
The school one's too big of a confession to me, so I'll go for something pettier:

I despise emojis and their predecessors, the emoticons, with a passion. In fact, I despise MOST forms of shorthand.

I'll learn to read them as it's kind of a crucial Internet survival skill, but it is exceedingly rare when I use shorthand myself.

Previous scam attempts or part of a larger fear of the unknown? I know I don't answer unknown callers anymore because so many of them have been spam.
Fear of the unknown.

Tacoshark

Defender of the Sacred Nuggs
Every time I see someone being an asshole on the road, I will deliberately slow down to match the speed of the car in the other lane just to annoy them. Act like dick and you will be treated like one

Kuuro

Hey man, look at me rocking out!
wtf? this is the worst idea ever. It would cause blood circulation problems, the assistant couldn't do anything else but sit there, which made that action redundant in the first place since she could've kept an eye on you just by sitting next to you, AND I can't imagine a world where it's appropriate to have a student's hand in contact with an assistant's ass for any amount of time.

Now here's a genius idea, just bandage your hand or put opaque tape on it, there problem solved.
Ikr like they could have just put my hand in a jacket or something. I guess she didn't totally sit on it, more like against it, so circulation wasn't a problem. The desks had these barriers in between them so kids couldn't look at each others' work. She had me put my hand behind one of those and sat in that desk which held my hand away from me.

But still, fucking weird lmao

Not native English here.

But during our English classes in high we'd have about 10-20 glossary words to teach ourselves weekly. English classes probably were the easiest thing to get through with the least effort, and the homework didn't really make you much better than what the computer and hobbies already provided. However, sometimes these 10+ words every week could be hard to remember and the spelling on longer words could be tricky, count that in with all the other homework and they got very little priority from me.

Early on, it became a norm to just study the words 10 minutes before the class started, and if there were any words or spelling I felt uncertain about I'd lightly write it right on the desk with a pencil. At most I could have 5 words written out in full right on the table. The teacher always took a few mins to prepare before starting in the class, and classmates would always take their time to take a seat and chat with one another until they were asked to. So ample opportunity. Pretty much just open a book, lean over it and lightly write what you need between the bottom of the book, table and yourself, and you really need to look close to make out something is even written there, better yet if the teacher would hawk over your table you could just have something laying over it, or if for some reason they'd be onto you, all evidence could be wiped with your elbow/arm in one move.

Did it for over a year, didn't get caught once, and in a way, it's such a stupid and lazy way to cheat that it works. I've cheated this way in a pinch before in other subjects depending on the circumstances, but during those English classes is where I had it as a norm. Hidden in plain sight.

Leadhoof

Built different, but not built better
The only group of people I've ever had a deep burning hatred for are slow drivers.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
I hate the word "emoji."

They're emoticons. Fuck you.

Korea has numerous English-originated words nowadays due to massive imports of concepts. And some of them are simply Korean English (aka. Konglish) that doesn't make sense in English.

And until now, I thought 'emoticon' was not an actual term but emote(obviously an abbreviation but I didn't think it was) and emoji.

:p

NetanDakabi

people call me queen
Korea has numerous English-originated words nowadays due to massive imports of concepts. And some of them are simply Korean English (aka. Konglish) that doesn't make sense in English.

And until now, I thought 'emoticon' was not an actual term but emote(obviously an abbreviation but I didn't think it was) and emoji.

:p
kaoani

D

Deleted member 111470

I remember being on the marketplace as a kid and there was a stand for freshly baked peanuts. The seller was talking to my mother and I grabbed a couple of peanuts to eat while he wasn't looking.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
I survived a 3-story fall down with no aftermath but a few scratches on my skin...*shucks*

Edit: The impact did hurt though, it's just that I didn't visit hospitals but am doing fine.

Last edited:

Leadhoof

There are times I don't think about butts. I swear.
I don't believe you.

*gets out paddle*

Now be honest. You know what we do to liars around here...

Last edited:

Leadhoof

;)

If a post of mine is months or even years old and I notice something wrong with phrasing, spelling, (etc), I'll still edit it. I think like 90% of my posts are edited after I publish them

Same. I'll usually think of a better way to word something right after I post, and can just hope nobody has quoted me by then.