• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Guilrel

After playing the closed beta I can say with confidence that this game will be the 2nd game online game that I will continuously play until I "beaten it." Since then, I was wondering if I could make a human x anthro alliance, which is what guilds are called in this game, but I was too nervous to make a post in the official forums to try to make something like this, because I have no idea how to get the conversation started. This idea of mine was inspired by the fictional human x anthro club in .Hack(DotHack)/GU but like I wrote I'm not sure how to approach this in the official forums.

The only thing that JUST NOW came to mind as I was writing this thread is that I could probably call my alliance Positive Interspecies Relations or something like that and while I did make this with the mind of a guild that's all about human x anthro relationships, friendships with other species are much more important to me than romantic relationships. Which I guess I have to a put a rule to kick anyone who's being too aggressive or creepy about it. Even though this game does not have true anthro races (the deumans are the only thing closest to the Little Bit Beastly trope) and we can only wear costumes of different creatures. Although if a costume like this >
Arks-Sadinian-Suit-img.jpg

is out along with the Lillipan and Rappy costumes it may be worth it.

Anyway, this is why I'm making this thread here as opposed to the official forum so it's not only that I can get your help in deciding whether or not to not only go through with making the Alliance, but also making an announcement in the official forum that I want to make something like this. Another reason why I made this is that you too can promote your own furry-centric Alliances that you planned to make in the game. Whether it'll be about the official aliens in the game or just your own way of defining a furry in the game, you can advertise it and talk about it here.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
If there are not any actual non-human races in this game, then I have no interest. Seriously, I would love to play as a Motavian. I know they're just the Jawa and the Ewoks from Star Wars combined into one species, but I'd rather play as them than a human with horns or a human with pointy ears or a human with metal all over their body.

If there are no anthro races, or any non-human races, then I am not sure why a group like this would exist in Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm sure you would find furries playing the game, but you would find a lot more playing World of Warcraft. That game has plenty of anthro and non-human races. This game only has humans. As a result, I feel like a group like this would be niche. Furries playing this game are mostly going to worry about playing the game and not whether they are furries or not.

Last edited:

Judge Spear

tfw you played the game for 8 years and forgot it was Japan only for that long and anyone who's asking to play now is not on the JP ships
4af237366f85ca2a4d2b0dc6aa8c177a.png

Guilrel

If there are not any actual non-human races in this game, then I have no interest. Seriously, I would love to play as a Motavian. I know they're just the Jawa and the Ewoks from Star Wars combined into one species, but I'd rather play as them than a human with horns or a human with pointy ears or a human with metal all over their body.

If there are no anthro races, or any non-human races, then I am not sure why a group like this would exist in Phantasy Star Online 2. I'm sure you would find furries playing the game, but you would find a lot more playing World of Warcraft. That game has plenty of anthro and non-human races. This game only has humans. As a result, I feel like a group like this would be niche. Furries playing this game are mostly going to worry about playing the game and not whether they are furries or not.

I suppose that I have to concede to that point. Although I feel like this could be my first MMORPG that I would want to start my own group in, even if I had my brothers wanting me to be a part of their group, because I want to meet and play with furries there even though there's really not much of a reason for them to exist there. I wouldn't mind it being small because I think with my focus on the story, I probably won't be playing the game that long, even if I want to complete all the missions on the game sans the Client Orders. I guess I'll probably be running more like an Inn for furries that go in and out of until they find that one Alliance they want to join. I don't think I'm going to be too serious with my Alliance and I'll probably state as much and it'll be just a small group of where I want to see people who like to dress up as the aliens in the game and just hang out with them maybe.

tfw you played the game for 8 years and forgot it was Japan only for that long and anyone who's asking to play now is not on the JP ships
View attachment 82232
Sorry about that. ^^; I'm sure many NA players like me just want to play the game in a slightly more official way with everything translated besides the main essentials, not that there's anything wrong with playing it on the JP servers. I'm guessing not many has a good computer to play it on. My new current computer only has 128GB.

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I'll be playing RAcaseal.
You can enjoy being meatbags all you want ;V

Wonder if they will ever bring back the beast race from PSU.

Judge Spear

Sorry about that. ^^; I'm sure many NA players like me just want to play the game in a slightly more official way with everything translated besides the main essentials, not that there's anything wrong with playing it on the JP servers. I'm guessing not many has a good computer to play it on. My new current computer only has 128GB.

Pretty much everything is translated using Tweaker and it's as automated in all its updates as an official launcher. That's why sometimes I forget it isn't official. Story, side content, items, quests, enemies, all descriptions, tutorials, everything is all translated which is surprising. And its not too terribly demanding if you've uodated to a moderately decent rig in oh..the last 6 years.

I wish it was cross server...actually I don't know if it is or not.

EDIT: I'm using your thread to post my amazing but stupid fucking idiot character.

Desktop_Screenshot_2019.12.16_-_09.43.53.14.png

Last edited:

Guilrel

Well, you kinda proven that there may be a few people that may want to join my Alliance "Furry Inn" before they settle on their forever one. Although the game is JUST coming out though so I doubt I might see some players in these costumes for quite some time. But I think I might still try to make an alliance like that on the official forums and then update it once the game has been out for awhile, maybe after a month or two after its officially released from when I make my announcement sometime this weekend.

Of course I have to completely warn everyone that this is literally my first time running an alliance, so I have no experience in how to make it work. Your character's pretty fun looking though.

Judge Spear

To be honest, I don't care about joining because of the furry angle. Just that if there's folks to play with, I'm down if they want a party, do dailies, or if they just need help
(Actually, if you yourself need help. Feel free to ask. 8 years of experience with a level 84/80 character and two 50/50+ side characters)

Guilrel

To be honest, I don't care about joining because of the furry angle. Just that if there's folks to play with, I'm down if they want a party, do dailies, or if they just need help
(Actually, if you yourself need help. Feel free to ask. 8 years of experience with a level 84/80 character and two 50/50+ side characters)

That's pretty much what my alliance boils down to in the end, it's just like any other Alliance except people talk about the aliens and the game and can RP, that's pretty much it.

Judge Spear

Try here instead. PSO-World.com

PSOWorld is a far more dedicated, active PSO community. You might not get different results, but the chances are higher here. A handful of these people are elitist dicks though so keep a stiff upper lip.

Guilrel

Try here instead. PSO-World.com

PSOWorld is a far more dedicated, active PSO community. You might not get different results, but the chances are higher here. A handful of these people are elitist dicks though so keep a stiff upper lip.
Hmm, I don't think I'll do that with all these other games coming out soon and I'll probably dedicate myself to completing the story now that game is coming out for real now (at least in my eyes).

With PSO2 finally coming out on PC and all the servers will open up, I would like to advertise my group, but since I have no real goal with it beyond creating RP quests, I think I'll just mention the other Furry Alliances, well at leas the blatantly obvious ones if you try to look for them specifically.

I have to remind you (people who are new to the thread and PSO2) that these are groups I found in Ship 2 while I'm there since you can't change ships, which are the game's servers, without paying first. If you're going to play the game with your friends make sure to decide on a ship first before you make your character, otherwise you'll be stuck on that ship until you pay for it. Anyway here are the Furry Alliances that I found in this game.

Team Furry: 2 Members
Furry Nation: 3 Members
| Bad Dragons|: 7 Members

The rest are ones that are just like me.
Furry Trash
Furry Vale

That's it for now. I just wanted to update this thread with the fact that there are Furry Alliances, but as everyone else pointed out, it's very niche. I also just wanted to state my goal in making RP Quest, but I can't do literal ones yet, just probably Fanfic Reading/Location List Quests... and I turned my administrator into a Lillipan.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
SHIP 2 REPRESENT

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Nope I was playing it but after I heard about the PC version eating the SSD drive like crazy and other huge technical issues occurring I immediately uninstalled it and refuse to download again. (Shame as the game is fun but Microsoft and Sega botched the PC version horrifically and need to fix it.)

Guilrel

Yeah, it's really bad right now, and i hope they fix it soon, there's so many players that wouldn't give this great game another shot after this, and one of my brothers got the "delete itself after you turn off the game/computer" problem. Maybe you should wait until next week or this weekend. I heard that there's a reliable fix, but I'm not sure which one is the best one nor whether or not it's official.