• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Phobias

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Hey, I'm interested to know what phobias people around here may have. I really hate mine, it's sooo embarrassing... I have a phobia of being alone. Sure, some may see it as cyuuuute, but I don't really enjoy it... *sigh*

How about you guys?
Or how about your views on phobias, ways you overcome them, whatever...?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
i have2 phobias... deep water and heights. there are some other thing that creep me out but those are the worst :/

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Used to be a severe arachnophobe... terrified even of pictures of spiders. But I cured it with dreams. Well, with a nightmare, actually. After that, no more arachnophobia....

Yep, just had myself a nightmare where I was surrouded by spiders, except for the space where I stood. But I noted, after a time of intense freeking, that the spiders didn't come any nearer. And somehow, in the dream/nightmare, I suddenly found myself forming a rapore with the spiders. An understanding. A bridge of communication. I wanted to leave the place, they opened a path out of their domain, and I left, my fear gone. Hasn't been back since...

Xaerun

"toxic and negative"
Used to be a severe arachnophobe... terrified even of pictures of spiders. But I cured it with dreams. Well, with a nightmare, actually. After that, no more arachnophobia....

Yep, just had myself a nightmare where I was surrouded by spiders, except for the space where I stood. But I noted, after a time of intense freeking, that the spiders didn't come any nearer. And somehow, in the dream/nightmare, I suddenly found myself forming a rapore with the spiders. An understanding. A bridge of communication. I wanted to leave the place, they opened a path out of their domain, and I left, my fear gone. Hasn't been back since...

Damn it, I wish *my* dreams were actually useful. For the most part they're interesting, but useless. Oh, and I never dream about being alone.

Also, off topic: Why is there no forum title for postcount 1337?

Grimfang

Spiders.

The ocean. When I was a little kid, I got rolled under a wave at a beach, so my head has decided to associate fear with deep ocean water now, haha.

Heights.. usually about four steps up a ladder, and up from there. XD

Sometimes people. They don't even have to be weird, threatening, or crazy.

Nylak

Angry Otter
I like being alone. xD It bugged me a bit at first when I first moved into my own apartment, but I got used to it; mostly I just missed my roommate. But then, if I didn't have animals around constantly, I'd probably have a seizure.

I'm not really phobic of anything. Spiders bug me quite a bit, but I can still handle them, and I'd never hurt one. I'm also not big on tight spaces, overstimulating situations (too many people, too much noise, too much going on), or bad storms (I worry about my animals to the point of becoming completely dysfunctional and neurotic; on very stormy nights I can't sleep except in my horse's stall with him).

Used to have a major phobia of having something touching me when I was swimming in dark water, though. It was enough to send me screeching and flying out of the water towards shore. I've more or less gotten over it, but I'll still cringe/gasp...I just won't shriek and leap out of the water. x'D

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
Nylak's an embarrassing excuse for an otter... |3
Lol XD

I don't really think I have any fears. Just fear of being alone and the fear of death in my prepubescent years but nowadays I'm just like... Ehn...

Though I do have some insecurities with people, I'm not sure if it goes into a 'phobia' or not... :-/

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Damn it, I wish *my* dreams were actually useful. For the most part they're interesting, but useless. Oh, and I never dream about being alone.

Also, off topic: Why is there no forum title for postcount 1337?

I haven't a clue why...

Well, it wasn't like I deliberately tried to have that dream, it just happened. But then, that's me... I've had quite a few things "just happen" in my life. Problem, solved...

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
I like being alone.

same here. large groups of people creep me out :/ its no phobia, i just feel uncomfortable if there are to many people around me...

OmegaDragon

Lv100 Mage
Spiders/insects/bugs in general and sharp objects, bladed or pointed DX More so of sharp objects, I just can't handle being near them, the bigger they are the worse I react.

Sernion

I see the goal before me
I've got two. Entomophobia, fear of insects and globophobia, fear of balloons.
Flying roaches just freak me out.

Nylak

Angry Otter
Balloons? Really? Out of curiosity, do you have a backstory/reason behind that one? You don't have to answer if it's personal, of course.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
globophobia, fear of balloons.

ive never heard of that phobia :/ how exactly do you react to balloons? is it just the loud noise if someone stretches the end to release the air, are you afraid of the noise when it pops?
this is actually very interesting for me, i dont know why^^

edit:
Balloons? Really? Out of curiosity, do you have a backstory/reason behind that one? You don't have to answer if it's personal, of course.

looks like someone is just as curious as i am^^

Sernion

I see the goal before me
I don't really know the reason, but yes, I'm afraid of it being poped.
My heart skips a beat everytime someone drops a balloon near me.

Nylak

Angry Otter
I don't really know the reason, but yes, I'm afraid of it being poped.
My heart skips a beat everytime someone drops a balloon near me.
Ahhh, I guess that makes sense; for some reason I didn't even associate the idea of a balloon with the "popping" concept. xD I can see how that might make someone jumpy.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
right, that makes sense. lots of people are afraid of loud noises^^

lilEmber

Small Dragon
Hmmm, I don't know. Acid/Base I guess, not really a phobia I just can't stand it on my skin so I'm always weird around it, for instance soap on bottles; I always rinse the bottle before and after use.

Uhm, I love heights and bugs and etc, so none of that popular phobias. I had a fear of clown dolls, but I think I've completely gotten over it, but I haven't seen a clown doll in a long time so I don't know.

Being alone I guess, but not really a fear; more like loss of hope. :\ I'm weird.

Nylak

Angry Otter

I wish I could find a youtube clip of the episode of Corner Gas that dealt with globophobia, they had the best explanation :V .

As for me, I'm a mass of irrational paranoia, but nothing really consistent enough to be called a phobia.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
my ture and only phobia is height :| and large open spaces, when i first played eve online i was like "O_O shit"