• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pick-me-ups <3

Cocobanana

Even the best of us will succumb to lapses in joy or self-motivation. What are some of the most potent things you can do for yourself, or that someone else can do for you, that gets you back on your feet and ready to smile for the whole world once again?

Self: Being a huge movie fan, one of my idols is the late Roger Ebert. He had a comforting way with words that helped to decipher many of the films he reviewed. Anytime I'm feeling lonely or bummed for some reason, I can put on a Siskel & Ebert review from Youtube and I suddenly have a purpose once more. The purpose of truly inheriting the Ebert mantle when it comes to movie criticism and appreciation!

Others: When people buy something meaningful for me that is completely unexpected (like if they pay for a drink when we're out chatting at a roomy dive bar), or if they just show I'm important by remembering something like a birthday, it makes me really happy. Hugs from non-family members are also a great way to get my engine running again.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
A nice cup of tea, made by a loved one, always cheers me up when I'm down.

Icky

is the prettiest pony~
Honestly, for a quick dose of happy, I just look up some cute animal videos. Especially ravens rolling around on snowy hills.

Come on, who could actually be sad after watching this?

I have this whole chart full of albums that almost never fail to cheer me up. So I sort of turn to that when I'm feeling like crap. : )

I also recently started building a Youtube playlist for videos that leave me laughing so hard I can't breathe. So that's gonna be cool.

I don't know. It's been seventeen years and I'm still trying to figure out just how my brain works. I sort of wish I was bipolar just so I'd have some sort of idea what to expect.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I'm going to sound like the most stereotypical female in the world, here, but shopping. I love getting new things that I want.

Also:
Watching funny Youtube videos.
Seeing a pretty sunrise / sunset.
Beef jerky.
Going out with friends.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Nothing. I agonize until I get bored.

Judge Spear

Nothing. If I'm upset about something I know is directly upsetting me, I take care of it if I can. If I'm just miserable, still nothing. I DO stuff, but it doesn't help. Just sort of...passes. :/

Gumshoe

I'm going to sound like the most stereotypical female in the world, here, but shopping. I love getting new things that I want.

Also:
Watching funny Youtube videos.
Seeing a pretty sunrise / sunset.
Beef jerky.
Going out with friends.

You say that you are being the most stereotypical female in the world, yet you also said you like beef jerky.

On topic: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretty much my average meal for all 3 courses. (Apologies for the terrible quality.)

http://i.imgur.com/Daukqmq.jpg?1

Xkcd also tends to put me in a good mood. It's so unlike any other comedy webcomic I've ever read. Honestly the only time I'm not smiling is when it's about programming or something and it just flies straight over my head. But even with the ones I don't understand I just know he found a way to make it funny or interesting for the people that do.

Shit just makes me feel all warm inside, man. c:

JerryFoxcoon

The classy Captain Furfag
Watching videos of ricers and their POS hyper-tuned Civics. Those with ricers blowing their engine are particularly funny. C:

Schwimmwagen

I'm not entirely sure.

Sometimes people manage to put me in a good mood. Some certain people never fail to do so.

But when I do something like make a minor improvement in my arting, omg I get so positive.

Explolguy

Hooking up with some friends and getting drunk usually lifts my spirits a bit. Listening to some music, whatever. It doesn't always work, but I try.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
When you enter a room and "Rock and Roll Part II" starts playing.

A game of Knockout Basketball between writing an enormous essay, and you actually finish second, knocking out a few people along the way.

Dire Newt

Playing guitar/songwriting. I find that I'm at my best when I'm not feeling my best, if that makes any sense.

Distorted

Music, hands down. As bad or good as it sounds, my mood and state of mind is easily influenced by music. If I'm ever down or angry I can play a calming song and I'll be right back to normal. But some songs can also make angry or sad from listening to them. My brother is the same way, with music being the only thing to calm him down.

Besides that, honey will mellow me out too. Especially when I put it in tea.