• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

piercings?

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
what do you have? how many do you have? what have you gotten that turned out horrible and you would just as soon forget about? right now i just have a septum, but as soon as i can get a job that lets me, i'm geting caninebites.

I don't have any, they wouldn't look good on me.

I've seen bites before, actually my buddy has them. At first I didn't like them but they grew on me. Again I think it's a matter of whether or not they work for you. But good luck finding a job that will let you keep them in =/ You might be able to find something that doesn't deal with people, such as loading boxes for UPS or something. I still dunno if they'll let you keep them.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I don't have any, they wouldn't look good on me.

I've seen bites before, actually my buddy has them. At first I didn't like them but they grew on me. Again I think it's a matter of whether or not they work for you. But good luck finding a job that will let you keep them in =/

as soon as i get a job, i'm going to apprentice to get a piercing license, so then i won't have to worry x3 i already have to flip the nose ring up into my nose, i don't wanna get anything else i have to hide yet.

Asswings

Banned
Banned
I just have my eyebrow pierced. I fucking love it. Sadly it will probably grow in while I have to have it out.
I want my tongue pierced, but that will wait, 'cause I'm in the air force and all that.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I just have my eyebrow pierced. I fucking love it. Sadly it will probably grow in while I have to have it out.
I want my tongue pierced, but that will wait, 'cause I'm in the air force and all that.

why don't you put a clear spacer in? i'm pretty sure they make them for every piercing.

T

Tycho

Kind of silly the way employers people get all squicked by piercings and tattoos. I mean, big deal. It doesn't interfere with the employee's line of work, why worry? Apparently everyone has a mental image of a psychopath with a septum piercing and a "HAIL SATAN" tattoo on their forehead when they think of tats and piercings.

ShayneBear

double pierced nipples, quad bellybutton, 3 in each ear lobe (but i rarely wear jewelry in the holes these days). all i did myself, and have turned out well

i also did my own snakebites and they failed horribly. same with my nose.

the only piercings i don't see myself ever being without again are my nipple piercings. i have 2 bars in each, one horizontal and one vertical. love them to bits and they were my least painful self piercings to date.

Kind of silly the way employers people get all squicked by piercings and tattoos. I mean, big deal. It doesn't interfere with the employee's line of work, why worry? Apparently everyone has a mental image of a psychopath with a septum piercing and a "HAIL SATAN" tattoo on their forehead when they think of tats and piercings.

It's just a matter of looking professional. There are people who don't like tattoos and piercings and they don't wanna see it from their servers at a restaurant, or their clerks at walmart, etc...and I agree that in the workplace, tattoos should be covered, and piercings should be removed, just the same way I think people should be clean and shaved.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky

that's what i'm sayin'. gimme a chance to work, i'll show you that i'm just a good a worker as any clean-skinned person. same with piercings. i mean, i hide the septum, but damn. it's 2010. if you're offended by piercings or tattoos...you shouldn't be shopping at target. you need to be shopping from a trade post :V

It's just a matter of looking professional. There are people who don't like tattoos and piercings and they don't wanna see it from their servers at a restaurant, or their clerks at walmart, etc...and I agree that in the workplace, tattoos should be covered, and piercings should be removed, just the same way I think people should be clean and shaved.

but honestly, what sense does it really upset THAT much that someone needs to hide their body art? i don't see anything unprofessional about it.

Asswings

Banned
Banned
why don't you put a clear spacer in? i'm pretty sure they make them for every piercing.

Clear spacing is a little more obvious than a hole.
That and dealing with one through boot camp would be a pain in the ass, haha.

SnowFox

I used to pierce myself just for the hell of it when I was younger. I've never worn any jewelery though.

Am I strange for doing this?

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
I used to pierce myself just for the hell of it when I was younger. I've never worn any jewelery though.

Am I strange for doing this?

nah man i did it on my arms all the time in school. i had to stop when they started scarring. i wanna get my arms covered in tats, don't need lots of ugly scars there.

but honestly, what sense does it really upset THAT much that someone needs to hide their body art? i don't see anything unprofessional about it.

It's all in public perception. That's one thing I don't see changing anytime soon. You prolly wouldn't buy a car from a salesman who has piercings or tattoos all over his body, and the same principle applies to most businesses. I don't think most people are offended by it, it's just the perception on how it makes you and the business look.

It's not all about the piercings, it has to do with dress codes too. Businesses with a dress code can easily be deemed more reliable (whether it's true or not) and people in general are more comfortable dealing with people who abide by this code.

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
It's all in public perception. That's one thing I don't see changing anytime soon. You prolly wouldn't buy a car from a salesman who has piercings or tattoos all over his body, and the same principle applies to most businesses. I don't think most people are offended by it, it's just the perception on how it makes you and the business look.

It's not all about the piercings, it has to do with dress codes too. Businesses with a dress code can easily be deemed more reliable (whether it's true or not) and people in general are more comfortable dealing with people who abide by this code.

x3 i would buy one from a tattood person before i would a non-tattood person. it shows they're real, that they're honest. if you ask me, that is. i think it's probly gonna change soon, but i see what you're saying. i just think it's kinda silly how someone can have better work ethic than any plain-skinned person and not get a chance because they've got tattoos or piercings.

T

Tycho

x3 i would buy one from a tattood person before i would a non-tattood person. it shows they're real, that they're honest. if you ask me, that is.

That's pretty silly.

While I realize that the whole clean-cut uniform-wearing thing is viewed as a sign of a more "together" and disciplined work force and that no one should show up to work in a wife-beater and cutoff jeans, the idea of a bunch of little uniformed worker-bee people is mildly unsettling. INDIVIDUALITY BAD, CONFORMITY GOOD is what it comes across as sometimes (particularly with the more draconian policies some companies have). In the military, this makes sense. To be able to tell ally from enemy from a glance as well as branch, rank and even specialization is useful for a number of reasons and a military force is supposed to act as one, as a single machine comprised of many smaller parts in coordination with one another. "Soldier" and "individual" don't combine well because one man is not an army.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Piercing is afwful and you should feel bad.

greg-the-fox

I have my ears pierced and stretched to 6g
For reference it's about this wide |-.|

Eventually I want to stretch them to 0g, about this wide |-----|

Screen resolution may vary, but you get the idea

In b4 OMG SELF MUTILATION THINK OF HOW YOU'LL LOOK WHEN YOU'RE OLD YOU'LL BE FLIPPING BURGERS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OMG

People seem to think when I tell them this that I'm going to end up stretching my ears to like 2 fucking inches or something. Geez people, 0g still looks like a regular earring with a large front to the untrained eye. I mainly want that size because of the awesome jewelry choices @_@ I hate seeing people with blown out lobes wearing acrylic tapers and shit, I care about my ears D:

Stargazer Bleu

2b forgot is worse than death
I only have a basic piercing in each ear. Nothing to special.

I have my ears pierced and stretched to 6g
For reference it's about this wide |-.|

Eventually I want to stretch them to 0g, about this wide |-----|

Screen resolution may vary, but you get the idea

In b4 OMG SELF MUTILATION THINK OF HOW YOU'LL LOOK WHEN YOU'RE OLD YOU'LL BE FLIPPING BURGERS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE OMG

People seem to think when I tell them this that I'm going to end up stretching my ears to like 2 fucking inches or something. Geez people, 0g still looks like a regular earring with a large front to the untrained eye. I mainly want that size because of the awesome jewelry choices @_@ I hate seeing people with blown out lobes wearing acrylic tapers and shit, I care about my ears D:

I seen what your talking about. That's not that bad. Can look good with good jewelry choice.
I have seen some people go so big I could fit a couple fingers or even my hand through it on some.

Cam

Tick my laint
I got my left ear pierced... eventually gonna stretch it out so i can have a 2G gauge in it

I also want an industrial done on my right ear

Nyloc

Evil villain
I have a friend who has over an inch wide stretch, I can't remember what the exact gauge was (frankly I don't like looking at it) but it doesn't look atrocious by any measure. We used to try and throw pens and small crumpled balls of paper through the hoop in lessons. It got easier as time went on and he stretched it further. Then someone else tried to emulate him but tried stretching it a little too quickly and it split. Had to get it stitched back up, worse yet his ears are now a little wonky.

Just don't rush stretching it if you are going to go for it.