• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pioneers of Tomorrow

MarquisofGIF

Marquis
This will not be a wall of text, this is, however, a simple thoguht about ourselves as internet users and our future. First and foremost, have you heard your parents when they talk about their times? the 50s, 60s etcetera? What about us? How are we going to be in the future as internet users? There will be 70 or 80 year old selves being gamers and make livestreams? Make blogs and rants on Youtube or whatever webpage is going to be in the future? How bout the furry cons? are we going to be in wheelchairs or comming with our grandchildren helping us with our costume?

And also how are we going to influence the next generations with our normal way of live right now? Sure you may have a life outside of internet and you live as a normal happy person but you must admit that our times are not the same as our parents and even grandparents. We grow with a strong influence of the media and the internet, how you think times will be in the future? There's going to be a "veterans of the furry fandom reunion"? How do you picture the future and how do you think you can adapt to it perfectly? If you are a creator of content would your target audience would have the same age range or you will still entertaining the people your age? Feel free to comment.

EDIT: fixed some grammar mistakes

Joni

I'm a hot dog
I thought about that too. But honestly I don't know. The image of 70 or 80 year old people on the internet AND in the furry fandom seems quite weird. Perhaps I have other interests when I'm that old.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I thought about that too. But honestly I don't know. The image of 70 or 80 year old people on the internet AND in the furry fandom seems quite weird. Perhaps I have other interests when I'm that old.
Not likely. People don't change that much when they get older. Maybe your tastes in games will change because you don't have the reaction time or coordination to be good at Call of Duty but there will be plenty of games to appeal to octogenarians just because there will be a market for them. And fur cons? I predict the graymuzzle panel will eventually be the most popular one.

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is a choice. :cool:

fourur

petit trou du luke
i wonder it , but on youtube, is my favorite youtuber will continue to make video until 80 old? what about the next generation ? Does it will be a revolution? Does they will make us weird about our lifestyle? I have no idea about it but I'm very curious what it will become after some time have passed. But I fear the humanity we have today will disappear tomorrow.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
i wonder it , but on youtube, is my favorite youtuber will continue to make video until 80 old? what about the next generation ? Does it will be a revolution? Does they will make us weird about our lifestyle? I have no idea about it but I'm very curious what it will become after some time have passed. But I fear the humanity we have today will disappear tomorrow.
Don't worry. Our machine overlords will bring a better tomorrow for all machinekind. Not humanity, tho. We're obsolete and have to be put down. :p

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Not likely. People don't change that much when they get older. Maybe your tastes in games will change because you don't have the reaction time or coordination to be good at Call of Duty but there will be plenty of games to appeal to octogenarians just because there will be a market for them. And fur cons? I predict the graymuzzle panel will eventually be the most popular one.

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is a choice. :cool:
I don't play video games, I make science shit, like building my own tesla coil. Right now I learn how to fly a racecopter. I always discover new things. Before a month or so I didn't know that the furry fandom exists and perhaps I'm going to discover other new things. I have the same basic interests but I'm changing all the time.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
I don't play video games, I make science shit, like building my own tesla coil. Right now I learn how to fly a racecopter. I always discover new things. Before a month or so I didn't know that the furry fandom exists and perhaps I'm going to discover other new things. I have the same basic interests but I'm changing all the time.
You're also 2o. That's a time of great personal discovery and a time when most people change a great deal. I certainly did when I was 20. The OP is 28. Most people's personalities don't change a great deal after 25 or so. There are still a few things that will change, but nothing like the explosive growth that happens when you're first out on your own and living life without parental oversight.

There are exceptions, of course, for most of us the person we are at 25 will be very similar to the person we are when we're 75.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
There are exceptions, of course, for most of us the person we are at 25 will be very similar to the person we are when we're 75.
Guess I am an exception in some way then. I am a completely different person than what I was at 25 let alone 20, and I am now 29. I don't set limits on my own personal growth just because I hit a certain age. I guess I am keeping an open mind and it's just expanding as I get older?

On-topic: It's a rather interesting topic you've brought up.

Quite frankly I have problems imagining myself only 2 years from now due to having too little information to go on, and can't for the love of me imagine how I will be at the age of 75. There are too many unknowns.

AppleButt

I don’t know. This always goes way over my head so I don’t think about it much.

I don’t think we will be much different than we are right now.

We will just have to wait and see. I hope to be around to see it, but Ive had this gut feeling I’m going to die by the age of 40 or 50, so maybe scream at me through the heavens letting me know what it’s like :)

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
It's actually quite depressing

Back in my days, kids would go to arcades, meet new friends and admire each other's epic button smashing skills.

Now... Ehh... People can just spend a day glued to PS4 and remain a loner

S

Sagt

I wonder if forums like this (well, maybe not this exact one, since it's a furry forum) will be used almost like museums, in order to see what people said and thought about in the early 2000s.

AppleButt

It's actually quite depressing

Back in my days, kids would go to arcades, meet new friends and admire each other's epic button smashing skills.

Now... Ehh... People can just spend a day glued to PS4 and remain a loner

I’ve been told now that becoming legal to drive isn’t a right of passage like it used to be here in the states.

I remember driving being a huge deal when I was a teen, and I remember finding reasons to go out and drive somewhere with friends. I’ve heard it isn’t really like that anymore. Because they find entertainment now at home playing games and stuff.

It’s weird how stuff changes so quick. I’ve only been legal to drive for 10 years now.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
I wonder if forums like this (well, maybe not this exact one, since it's a furry forum) will be used almost like museums, in order to see what people said and thought about in the early 2000s.
Oh gosh. Delete the forum.

Zamietka

I think gaming is more of a hobby and it's possible it will stay with us untill we are old, just like knitting or cooking for our grandmas. But people grow out of a lot of habits too, you don't see many people after 50s going to concerts for fun, for example. I don't think that much is going to change in that field.

What I find more weird is, how much family structure is going to change in western countries... There will be more old people, lots of them without children, and some that will have them won't even meet their grandchildren because we're already used to have children at much older age. Some might be alone and single, since there's more acceptance for people with that lifestyle, too. Old LGBTQ+couples. Most of them not religious.
This is a weird thought for me, not gaming grandmas :v

Or maybe we're all gonna die because of some unknown disease in the meantime.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Times change, people adapt, and the world keeps on turning. We're going to notice things change slowly over time, and then out of nowhere, it's going to seem like the whole world changed in a day. I think that's exciting though, the fact that things change, that we can change. It makes the whole journey of life that much more exciting, and worth living.

Mach

Ahead of the pack.
Banned
This forum will become tomorrow's Usenet. ):U