• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Places you've lived

sunshyne

This may be kind of like the "where are you from" thread, but I KNOW some of you have done some bouncing around in your lifetimes, so out with it: what are all the places you've called "home"?

Myself, I've lived in Ohio all my life- born and raised in Columbus, and now living in Dayton for school.

....well you're at it I guess, what are some places you'd LIKE to live? I would immediately answer Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been there once and it was GORGEOUS

Cinnabar

I was born in southern California, but I've lived in Las Vegas since I was 6. Right now I'm going to school in beautiful Virginia, but Vegas is where my heart is... I plan to live there when I'm done with the schoolin'.

Xan_vega

Despite it is the one place I don't want to go back to while my parents live... Hope Missouri. It once was a beautiful, busy town before the highway bypassed it and it went the way of most tiny towns. It died. When I was 13-14, we moved there in the house that used to be the post office. I read so many old, abandoned letters and newspapers dated before 1935 and learned what life was like for the people. I fell in love with the burnt out shell of the building that once was the mill in town. I would sneak onto the property and spend hours just sitting by the water. I love that town, it was so quiet and secluded. It was the only place I felt safe at. The only mar on those sweet memories is my parents, especially my father. One day, I will go back there and stay, I want to return to that simplicity.

i was born foron the port where the japan comes (aka:capulco guerrero) and im here for now...until move to baja california or monterrey

Bloodangel

Banned
Banned
Born in Ireland, living here now 19 years. I want to get as far away from the place as possible when I have the cash. Maybe America. I've been to Florida on holiday and the place was SO relaxing. I'd just like to get far away from here though.

Iron-Wolf

Well, I lived in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania until I was 15. Then I moved down to Pottstown in the greater Philadelphia area. I've been here ever since. When I'm done in the army, I would like to move much farther north. Like somewhere in New England. Anywhere, as long as I can go back to the mountains.

I'm in Aust so you proberly wont know these places but I'ved moved around a lot .I have lived in melboure,phillip island vic,tassie,broken hill outback nsw,white cliffs outback nsw and now outback Queensland

Saturn

I was born in a small city in Texas, and still currently live in that small city in Texas. ^_^

O

Option7

I was born in Portsmouth on the south coast, then I moved up to Milton Keynes for 6 months, now I live in Northampton, and have done for about 8 or 9 years.

I was born in Wichita, Kansas. When I was two, my parents moved us to San Diego, California, for a little over a year, then we moved further south to Riverside, CA, where my brother and then sister were born. When I was seven, we moved to Prescott, Arizona (Northern AZ, mountainous, piney, and cool). We hopped over to Cottonwood, AZ for about eight months, then back to Prescott till I was 14. Then my dad, brother, sister and I left to live on Grandad's farm outside of Longton, Kansas. We were there for ten months until we all got stir-crazy, so we left for Louisville, Kentcuky when I was 15. And here we are still, me 22, living with my fiancee, getting married in June!

I was born and raised in Kamloops BC, havent ever moved, same house since I was born, and now my son is growing up in it.

Aikon said:
....well you're at it I guess, what are some places you'd LIKE to live? I would immediately answer Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been there once and it was GORGEOUS

Lol yeah, it is gorgeouse, I'd like to move there to, live by the ocean *sigh*, but it's a tad expencive, and... Hastings and Main interesection.....ssoooo scary (I visit Van atleast twice a year)

from orange county california, to monroe WA to shoreline WA, to lynnwood WA to Japan for a few months, back to lynnwood for now!

sunshyne

Orlith Nemeth said:
Lol yeah, it is gorgeouse, I'd like to move there to, live by the ocean *sigh*, but it's a tad expencive, and... Hastings and Main interesection.....ssoooo scary (I visit Van atleast twice a year)

Yeah I won't lie - I was only there for three days and I was openly offered meth twice just walking down the street. At least the bums and druggies seem to be non-violent.

foxkun

KabukiHomewood said:
When I was two, my parents moved us to San Diego, California, for a little over a year, then we moved further south to Riverside, CA, where my brother and then sister were born.

Depending on your age, we might have been in riverside at the same time!

I was born in St. Louis, moved to Riverside when I was a few months old, then moved back out about a year an a half later (for reference, that would have been... 83-85?). Lived in Chaffee, MO for a few months, then moved to St. Genevieve MO 'til I was 4, then moved back to St. Louis (ie Florissant, MO). Lived in that house for 8 years, then moved to a different part of StL's North County for a few years. Now I own my own house, which is also in St. Louis County (for all intents and purposes it's still St. Louis).

St. Louis is okay, but I don't really remember living anywhere else. I want to live somewhere else at some point, and I'm heavily leaning on Seattle in a few years. It's hard to get a job in illustration here.. or anything else, really.

SeanC

Bloodangel said:
Born in Ireland, living here now 19 years. I want to get as far away from the place as possible when I have the cash. Maybe America. I've been to Florida on holiday and the place was SO relaxing. I'd just like to get far away from here though.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've been living in Ireland for 29 years and wouldn't want to live anywhere else :)
That said, if Ireland sank or something and I HAD to move elsewhere, I'd probably pick Australia or New Zealand. I like the remoteness of those places.

kyubi_youma

fox with too many worries
born in Idaho falls, Idaho
moved to Washington state across the bay from Seattle
moved to California near Monterey
moved to Connecticut near Groton
moved to Pennsylvania near Erie
and last but not least moved to Georgia near Atlanta

dz

I lived in Amityville, New York [yep, one block from "the house" to be exact] until I was 11.
Now, I live on the Jersey Shore. It's pretty nice =)

Aikon

I lived in westmoreland county, Pa all my life, and because all my family is around me I plan on living around this area for awhile too.

I've lived all my life in the middle of Walsall, a small town near Birmingham, UK. Although I moved house a couple of times. Anyway, I've got two years of schooling left, then I leave for university. Who knows where I might end up ;)

I've lived in many places in Michigan and I've also lived in Arizona and California for a short while a few years ago.

sgolem

I was born and raised in Vernon CT until 1995, when I moved to Raleigh NC. I'm currently at school in Winston-Salem NC. What's funny is how everything turns to absolute chaos when it snows down here.

lupin-wolfe

Here they are, in order (hometown is where I grew up, as I was to young to remember my birth town)

Hometown: Stockholm, NJ
Pittsburgh, PA
Hometown
Aberdeen, MD
Hometown
Plum, PA
Hometown
Jacksonville, FL
Hometown

My hometown is pretty much my fallback point if things turn sour....

S

sage_mines

I was born in Los Angeles, spent most number of years in Long Beach, lived a couple of years in Adelanto, currently living in San Diego, lived a few years in Las Vegas, lived a few years in Pomona, lived about a year in Lake Elsinore, lived a year or so in Santa Ana, and a few other places I can't name at the top of my head.