• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Playing with your Wii?

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
Sukebepanda said:
AmonOmega said:
I know what you mean. But where have you been looking? I haven't seen any wii adverts anywhere!
But maybe it's because I dont' watch tv much anymore :D

I'm waiting to see a Wii commercial on tv, so far I haven't seen any at all, and quite frankly, i'm getting tired of these weird PS3 commercials D:>

I know Nintendo of America plans to use 200 million on Wii-vertisements over the next 12 months, but you think they would have done some during the week it's about to be released!

Nintendo is crazy. Seriously. I think that Miyamato and the gang run around Nintendo HQ in boxers singing songs and talking about the next way to weasel Mario into a game.

If it wasn't for the DS and the pure rad that it leaks from its slots everyday, I would have written off Nintendo years ago. The DS is the ONLY reason I'm even giving the Wii a second look.

Well, that and the $250 thing. :>

blackdragoon said:
well i just saw a wii commercial this morning for the game Red Steel

Yes i saw the Red Steel commerical last night while watching WWE Raw with my boyfriend XD I was pretty surprised to see it.

And to Evangeline's previous post, I can agree with that. Why build up so much hype when, if it does go wrong, it could really hurt the system (*coughPS3shipmentreductionscough*)

Foxstar

lol reggin
Emerson said:
Sukebepanda said:
AmonOmega said:
I know what you mean. But where have you been looking? I haven't seen any wii adverts anywhere!

I'm waiting to see a Wii commercial on tv, so far I haven't seen any at all, and quite frankly, i'm getting tired of these weird PS3 commercials D:>

I know Nintendo of America plans to use 200 million on Wii-vertisements over the next 12 months, but you think they would have done some during the week it's about to be released!

Nintendo is crazy. Seriously. I think that Miyamato and the gang run around Nintendo HQ in boxers singing songs and talking about the next way to weasel Mario into a game.

If it wasn't for the DS and the pure rad that it leaks from its slots everyday, I would have written off Nintendo years ago. The DS is the ONLY reason I'm even giving the Wii a second look.

Well, that and the $250 thing. :>

Nintendo also has one of the best preforming stocks and they have made steady profit for the last 48 years in a ROW, with NO Debt. NONE. Never posted a loss to boot last time I checked.

They also have never lost money on a system, not even the Virtal Boy.
I think all us backseat boardroom members need to sit down and get back to playing games, because few of us have any idea of how any of the big three work past the retail level, save for maybe Sony who lives by the sheer fact that they have so huge of a install base it can offset any and all screw ups.

A

Ahkahna

My husband gets to play with his Wii on Sunday X3 He already got the preorder, this past weekend and I'm very excited about it.

I giggle every time I say that. "Play with his Wii"

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
AmonOmega said:
EMERSON!
I was seriously considering getting a Wii, but to closer it gets to launch and the more I see of it, the less I want it.

I'm back on the PS3 side of the line. I'll wait for a few revisions and a price drop, and then I'll get it.

I've just read a lot of hands-on reviews of the system. Everyone who has played one has commented on the dissapointing graphics, and no one is really calling the controller the second coming of video games, at least not yet.

As I've said, the existence of the DS will make me give the Wii the benefit of the doubt, but not $250. Not yet.

Emerson

FYI I am a SPY.
Foxstar said:
I think all us backseat boardroom members need to sit down and get back to playing games...

Amen. I already know what I'm getting, and it's based on the game lineup both at launch and down the line.

Evangeline

Emerson said:
AmonOmega said:
EMERSON!
I was seriously considering getting a Wii, but to closer it gets to launch and the more I see of it, the less I want it.

I'm back on the PS3 side of the line. I'll wait for a few revisions and a price drop, and then I'll get it.

I've just read a lot of hands-on reviews of the system. Everyone who has played one has commented on the dissapointing graphics, and no one is really calling the controller the second coming of video games, at least not yet.

As I've said, the existence of the DS will make me give the Wii the benefit of the doubt, but not $250. Not yet.

Emerson said:
Foxstar said:
I think all us backseat boardroom members need to sit down and get back to playing games...

Amen. I already know what I'm getting, and it's based on the game lineup both at launch and down the line.

Emerson, I have not read anywhere that the Wii was going to be the best graphics available, hell it even says the highest resolution that I've seen for it is 480p. That means you don't have to have a $1000 plus HDTV to play it.

But last I check, Nintendo wasn't going out for some console that had the best graphics, they're more worried about putting a console out that anyone can pick up and play, from 5 to 55. Yes graphics are important in a game.

But without good game play, re-playability the good graphics do nothing but make it look pretty, some of the best games out there have some of the worst graphics, and yes I'm talking about older games but still they have some awesome game play

A

Ahkahna

The other reason is that the Wii was for "We" meaning all of us. They are trying to make it affordable for everyone, not just the people who manage to have $400+ to shell out on a game system.

Which reminds me, there's a store here in Savannah who's trying to sell them FOR $400 and some odd jazz, which is ridiculous.Way to go and screw the public perceptions :(

Evangeline

Ahkahna said:
The other reason is that the Wii was for "We" meaning all of us. They are trying to make it affordable for everyone, not just the people who manage to have $400+ to shell out on a game system.

Which reminds me, there's a store here in Savannah who's trying to sell them FOR $400 and some odd jazz, which is ridiculous.Way to go and screw the public perceptions :(

You should stand right next to where they're selling them and tell people other places are selling the Wii for $250 and that this store is a rip off. The only thing they can do is probably throw you out of the store.

And to Tundra, I just don't get why the companies are doing this, hell I already have a DVD/VCR combo, all I'm getting the consoles for, is playing games and thats it.

Twile

tundra_arctic_wolf said:
I heard that the Nintendo Wii will get DVD playback, which should be available sometime next year.

I'd write that off as a distorted rumor. Nintendo has said they'll offer a Wii with DVD playback for Japan, they haven't confirmed for anywhere else though. They don't seem to think there's the market for it anywhere else. That's silly though, if you can replace your DVD player with a smaller box that does gaming as well, why not? If your DVD player breaks, wouldn't you rather just use your Wii to do it instead? Ah well, everyone makes mistakes... I guess it's a minor one >_<

Foxstar

lol reggin
tundra_arctic_wolf said:
I heard that the Nintendo Wii will get DVD playback, which should be available sometime next year.

Japan only. It's rumored for the UK and US, but NOA and NOE have discounted those rumors. Japan is a whole other ballgame, but it would not help Nintendo one bit to release now, then release in a year with no other perks other then DVD playback. Reggie isn't a idiot.

tundra_arctic_wolf

aka The Furry Punisher
Thanks for clearing that up, Foxstar and Twile.

Here's another tidbit on the Wii that I saw on gamepot's website.

The Wii was originally supposed to sell for $100, the same price for a new Gamecube, according to Miyamoto who told BusinessWeek.

Twile

tundra_arctic_wolf said:
Thanks for clearing that up, Foxstar and Twile.

Here's another tidbit on the Wii that I saw on gamepot's website.

The Wii was originally supposed to sell for $100, the same price for a new Gamecube, according to Miyamoto who told BusinessWeek.

Honestly, they should've either launched it at $180-200 and/or included a second controller (to further emphasize the focus on gaming together/in a community). $250 with Wii Sports and one controller may be fine for the gamer crowd whose alternatives include $300-400 Xbox 360s, $500-600 PS3s and $300-600 PC graphics cards, but for your average Joe, it's kinda pricey for a toy.

TwoTails

Has anybody addressed the issue of smashed hands, say on the wall,TV,bed posts and so on?
Also accidentaly flinging it at something or someone, or hurting your arms..
And the fact I dont want to stand all day and/or flop around like a dipshit to play it!

Honestly I'm mad at all the game companies, Too many awful games lately and I'm not risking that much money on any of them now.
I *might* get a wii someday if they actually get enough games for once, and offer normal controller support for the games I'd want.

Meanwhile I'll get the Good PS1,PS2 and GC games I missed. :(

N3X15

TwoTails said:
Has anybody addressed the issue of smashed hands, say on the wall,TV,bed posts and so on?
And the fact I dont want to stand all day and/or flop around like a dipshit to play it!

Honestly I'm mad at all the game companies, Too many awful games lately and I'm not risking that much money on any of them now.
I *might* get a wii someday if they actually get enough games for once, and offer normal controller support for the games I'd want.

Lets sue Nintendo for making me break my ar-- oh wait, EULAs. D:

Span_Wolf

TwoTails said:

The controller has a built in wrist strap, Nintendo highly recommends that you use it.

kontonno

I always play with my-- OH! That Wii.

Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Brothers: Brawl, and Metroid...

That's all I would get it for. I just don't feel like dropping 250+ dollars for it for just three games. Besides Metroid Prime and Super Smash Brothers: Melee... My gamecube went to waste! I have a feeling Wii is going to be the same way. So I'll wait until it's first price drop or until I can try to con someone out of one. :3 I do plan on getting one eventually though.

As for the PS3!? Nah, not a chance...

Evangeline

TwoTails said:

For one there is the wrist strap that was mentioned earlier, also if you're going to be flailing your arms around while playing this then you're going to be doing something wrong, as really for most games like TP you just need a flick of the wrist, or simple arm movements.

Twile

kontonno said:
Besides Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Brothers: Brawl, and Metroid...

Those are just some of the early titles though! Who knows what they might come out with :eek: Star Fox Rape Adventure, as I suggest elsewhere on these forums, might be a real hit. Vibrating controllers :3

And I <3 your avatar

tommorrow....it shall come...unless you are on the other side of the world where tommorrow has already come....

Twile

blackdragoon said:
tommorrow....it shall come...unless you are on the other side of the world where tommorrow has already come....

And if you're there, then it's not launching tomorrow x3

Twile said:
blackdragoon said:

ofcourse not for it would be launching today. i have the money and i want one so bad however i know i will most likely not see any in stock for a good couple of months same with the ps3 so i shall just have to be content with my 360 for the time being. (atleast i have one of the next gen systems to play with already)

Twile

blackdragoon said:
Twile said:
blackdragoon said:

ofcourse not for it would be launching today. i have the money and i want one so bad however i know i will most likely not see any in stock for a good couple of months same with the ps3 so i shall just have to be content with my 360 for the time being. (atleast i have one of the next gen systems to play with already)

Nuuu, you misunderstand! It launches on the 19th in North and South America. Everywhere else has to wait 2-3 weeks more :twisted: Only thing I like about the Wii launch is that FINALLY we get something before ****ing Japan.