• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

(Please see reply restrictions that apply here.) Question

SniperCoon2882

The insomniatic marksman
After replying to many threads and being an active member on the site, I was rather confused to see this pop up in the place where one normally replies to threads of various kinds. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, which is why I posted it here, seeing as I've seen a thread detailing a somewhat similar issue due to an attack on the website.

I discovered this while involved in a conversation, in particular while waiting for a response from some other member of the chat (I check the forums to respond when I'm waiting on someone's reply to something I've said).

I have thoroughly read and re-read the terms and conditions, and I'm fairly confident in that I haven't violated any of them (except for potentially having used the f*** word twice, which would make my comments R-rated according to the MPAA :) ). As a result, I am somewhat doubtful that it was caused by this.

I also found this to be an issue after posting 100+ messages on forums previously, so I don't believe it to be something related to the account details.

I have sent out a "Contact Us" saying what I've said here, but I believe that this forum might be useful to anyone who's potentially confused about suddenly not being able to post to forums.

Whether the support team get back first, or a commenter reply first, I would appreciate any feedback on the situation, and if there are any others like this.

Thank you.

EDIT: Phew it is a bug... I will communicate by liking ur post if it's directed at me and I understand it...

Last edited:

Zipline

Noodle Fish
This happens to all of us from time to time. Just go do something else for a while and when you come back it will work again. It is just an occasional glitch that happens, it will go away soon.
lol, right after I wrote this comment I can not respond to questions either XD
Update: A few hours later I still can not respond outside of comments I have already made. :/ Hope it goes away soon..

Last edited:

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
I must be a special snowflake to not get glitches of any sort despite the fact that I'm here since day 1

J

jayhusky

As Zipline mentioned, it is indeed a bug, but as yet the staff have yet to nail it down as to what is actually causing it.
There is some belief that it could be being caused by extensions that interfere with the javascript used by the forum, but nothing has been defined as yet.

It should clear, but if it fails to, log a TT via the mainsite and reference this issue, they should then be able to look into your account and find out if there are any issues with it.

SSJ3Mewtwo

As has been mentioned, yes, this is a bug. It could be due to java, it could be due to conflict between different add-ons that the forum is equipped with. Technical staff are aware of it though, and looking into it. The frustrating issue is that this bug started cropping up just before the hacking incident occurred, and technical staff had to focus on that larger issue first.

However, the bug will be addressed.

Howlett Fang

Everyones friend and no ones friend all at once
@SSJ3Mewtwo, should try upgrading to C++ it is a lot more stable and has more you can do with it, Java is a security hazard waiting to happen. Again.

J

jayhusky

As has been mentioned, yes, this is a bug. It could be due to java, it could be due to conflict between different add-ons that the forum is equipped with. Technical staff are aware of it though, and looking into it. The frustrating issue is that this bug started cropping up just before the hacking incident occurred, and technical staff had to focus on that larger issue first.

However, the bug will be addressed.

Could you confirm whether you are inferring Java or Javascript? I was under the impression FA doesn't use Java (if it did then I'm kind of surprised more vulnerabilities aren't known)