• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PLEASE SPEAK TO ME NOW URGENTLY ANYONE

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Vets just rang, her blood pressure's going up and she's warmer, her left eye is completely unresponsive, they expect nerve damage, her right eye is partialy responsive but she's still lethargic and largely unresponsive.

My parents have to pick her up at 9:15 and drive her for an hour to the Langford vets in bristol for a CAT scan.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Keep trying. He hears you even if he doesn't show it.

jtrekkie

Feathered
OK, she's out of surgery and stable then? Keep us updated.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
I know this may come across as harsh, but you need to prepare yourself on this situation going both ways, the kitten will live and survive and recover or the kitten will go to the next place it's meant to be.

Loosing a pet is never easy, and a blow to the head is almost always debilitating, the nerve damage to the eye is already apparent, so there's that not so happy answer there. However the fact that the vets want to get her to a better facility is a good thing, there's only the issue with the blood pressure going up and therefore putting pressure on the brain.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
At this point I'd ask myself: do I want to pay hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars to try fix a cat I haven't had for long, which most likely will remain in a vegetative state. Nerve damage that close to the brain is not a good sign.
I'd brace myself for the worst, Harb.

Also, CAT scan for a cat..hue.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I wouldnt want her as a vegatable, i'd spend every bit of money i have on her if it would help her.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Thing is, you're not gonna find a neurosurgeon for a cat even if you had the money.

That said, it's not said it's that bad. Heres hoping the damage is to the eye only, or the nerve connecting the eye to the brain.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Found one.

He's right though, they won't know if there is any damage without the CAT scan, and even if there is damage that doesn't necessarily mean intervention is necessary.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
She's in the Langford Veterinary services, got another call from my parents, they're on their way back, Luna's gonna be in there for a week they think, heading in for an operation. My parents said the vets said "There's a light at the end of the tunnel" i just hope she can have a healthy life.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
This is horrifying, I don't know what to say. I'd hug you if I was there. Seriously.

jtrekkie

Feathered
Hallelujah. Let's just hope she can have a happy life for now. You just keep on keeping on. You're doing fine.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Fucking hell.

My thoughts are with you on this. REALLY hope Luna pulls through.

Please keep us updated on how she does.

Kaedal

Punny User Title
Damn... That's a nightmarish situation. But if the vets are positive, that's a good sign. They're not the sort to give false hopes.

Hoping for the best.

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
Damn sorry to hear that. Atleast she has a chance. Best of luck Luna.

Gronix

Catless Cat Lady
So this happened while I was sleeping. That's horrible, I really hope for the best

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I wouldnt want her as a vegatable, i'd spend every bit of money i have on her if it would help her.
It's a cat...put her down if she's useless and suffering then just get another one for free.

No need to spend that much money on a pet, gee.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
In all honesty there's a time to consider when you're trying to save an animal from a life of lesser quality, or just extending it's suffering. It may behoove you all to really think about laying the little guy to rest. Quite frankly it'd be the best for everyone involved, and that's just the hard honest truth. We had a cat that had once been eviscerated by a truck radiator fan...big mess. Lotsa organs strewed about ... Yeah it was alive, by not living. Humane release came in te form of a double-ought buckshell.

It wasn't easy. But at that point trying to keep the animal alive with what it'd lost was more for us rather than the animal. And that's what you need to consider here. Are you keeping this animal alive for its own sake or for your mental well being?

Just food or thought.

Sylver

Sorry to hear that, that's bloody terrifying honestly; I remember something similar happened to one of my pets when I was a kid and it's just...holy crap...you want to make everything better, but at the same time you're powerless and have to rely on the people who know what they're doing. I hope everything turns out well.

It's a cat...put her down if she's useless and suffering then just get another one for free.

No need to spend that much money on a pet, gee.

Using that logic, if your son gets hit by a car and is now a vegetable, you should just throw it away and adopt/make another son for free :V (can't be bothered seriously replying..not sure if troll or not)

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Using that logic, if your son gets hit by a car and is now a vegetable, you should just throw it away and adopt/make another son for free :V (can't be bothered seriously replying..not sure if troll or not)
Don't expect a logically consistent argument in reply. I'd find it refreshing for someone to seriously bring up your point here, though.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Are you seriously comparing a pet to a human being. At this point I'm not sure if YOU'RE serious.

Har, dear, if you need someone personally, please feel free to message me. I'll try to be available all day if I can.

I have four cats myself - and three rats - and I know how you're feeling. I'd do anything in my means to save my animals. They're like my children - I have a natural instinct to protect, nurture, and care for them. I am so, so sorry about your baby. I truly am. Whatever happens, you really should be prepared for either. If it takes a turn for the worst, please, go be with her in her last moments. I KNOW it's hard, but she will want you there as her owner. Pets know how much you love them, even if you don't think they do.

I hope the best for you and your family, and that sweet precious kitten. Accidents happen all the time, but this... I don't know what I'd do.

To the people saying pets are just pets, don't waster your time and money:

Honestly? Please, shut the fuck up. You aren't helping, at all.

Like I said, I have three rats. I had two boys before this batch, and they were quite old. Loki fell ill one day, and over the course of 3 days, I spent over $700 trying to save his life. Why? Because, I took a vow to keep him safe and protected at. all. costs. No matter what. That's what you do with pets. If you can't understand that, you don't deserve to have an animal. We ended up having to put him down for his own well-being, but I was willing to do whatever it took, if I could prevent that.

I wish you luck, Har :c I mean it: Please feel free to message me whenever you need today, or tomorrow, or whenever. I'll be available, and I'll talk with you. This kitty may still have a chance at a full & happy life - I really hope she does. Please stay strong and hang in there <3

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
You keep a human alive because they have a -will to live- outside of basic survival to keep living. Unless it's livestock or something that's going to pay off with offspring, milk, or food.... Well, you're keeping it alive for your own emotional sake.

It's selfish no matter which way you hash it. :/ I'm not saying this to be cold. I'm not saying it to save money. I've raised animals for most of my life. Farm animals and pets and...well. This is just something I hold to be true.

I'll leave it though. My condolences to your friend.

Last edited:

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
It's not about not caring about pets, it's about making it suffer and spending copious amounts of money so it can suffer some more because you can't let go