• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PLEASE SPEAK TO ME NOW URGENTLY ANYONE

Bonobosoph

4 hands good 2 hands bad ;)
STFU Hinalle, seriously.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Holy balls, that sounds so awful!
I hope kitty is gonna be fine :c

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Hey I'm not trying to be mean, OP did ask for anyone to speak to him urgently.

I can't help if you guys get offended at someone for viewing things differently and not just spamming "That's awful, I'm sorry for your cat".

Feste

I haven't found an answer yet
Harbinger, ignore Hinalle, I'm pretty sure he's either trolling or has never had a pet. Anyway, that really really sucks hard, and having had pets I can't even imagine all what's going through your mind right now. You should prepare for the worst, but just try your best to keep calm and distract yourself for now if you can while you're waiting to hear back. Or try to talk to people who will listen on here, or even on a piece of paper, just to get the emotions out. Best to just do something right now, get all the nervous energy out, so you aren't a nervous wreck. These things really suck, but if there's nothing you can do right now, you shouldn't try to make yourself too crazy with worry.

Last edited:

jtrekkie

Feathered
Just had another call from the vets, they say she's stable but still not better, apparently there is swelling so she might get better when it comes down. They're putting her under tomorrow and resetting her jaw. Her heart rate increases anytime someone comes near but other than that still seemingly unresponsive. Just hearing that she still aint better and i just feel bad all over again, dont know how i could be anymore upset if she goes.

But thanks for the help and advice everyone else, like i've said we've been through this before, but im just worried about my dad snapping with it happening to both his cats in a year, never known a cat as happy as Luna was, never heard a cat purr so loudly and jump on laps as much as she did, havent begun to think what it would be like to not hear her again. Just dont know what to think right now. Trying to distract myself but i just cant get the image of her like she was out of my head, or playing through my mind how it might have happened.

No deterioration is a good sign, though. It could be a few days before anything changes, it will just take time. Hang in there. If you're thinking you might have prevented it, stop that now. Accidents happen. It's not your fault so don't blame yourself or anyone else.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Is her skull fractured? I mean what kind of weight that dropped on her are we talking about?
She got knocked out pretty damn badly but if her skull isn't broken and if she is responding in some way right now (like the elevated heart rate when you get close to her) I am actually pretty confident that she is gonna make it with minimal permanent damage, if any.
And even if she has a broken skull, cat's are tough cookies. She is in proper care and you got her there right away.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Hey I'm not trying to be mean, OP did ask for anyone to speak to him urgently.

I can't help if you guys get offended at someone for viewing things differently and not just spamming "That's awful, I'm sorry for your cat".

If this were a debate, then your point would be valid. HOWEVER, this is not an argument-based discussion. We are trying to help someone we care about cope with his dark hour. The last thing Harby needs right now is sophomoric pessimism.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
If this were a debate, then your point would be valid. HOWEVER, this is not an argument-based discussion. We are trying to help someone we care about cope with his dark hour. The last thing Harby needs right now is sophomoric pessimism.
Suggesting he let go and put the cat down instead of making it suffer is pessimism?
It's an honest suggestion!

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
It was a heavy piece of board, it'd knock out a person easy, havent got measurements of it. Her jaw is broken, they're resetting it tomorrow, they think it might relieve some of the swelling. I think they said there isnt anything else broken or either fractured.

jtrekkie

Feathered
OK, everybody stop badgering everone else. Just drop it. That discussion isn't doing anybody any good. We've already heard both sides. It's not up to Harbinger anyway so quit loading him down with crap, OK?

It was a heavy piece of board, it'd knock out a person easy, havent got measurements of it. Her jaw is broken, they're resetting it tomorrow, they think it might relieve some of the swelling. I think they said there isnt anything else broken or either fractured.

That's very good to hear, I think everyone was assuming there was a skull fracture.

Last edited:

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Suggesting he let go and put the cat down instead of making it suffer is pessimism?
It's an honest suggestion!

Nevertheless, Harby really cares for his pets, and he's obviously in shock and grief. As far as I know, he could be soaked in anxiety, tears commuting from his eyes. Your insensitive "logic" might as well be the equivalent to spitting in his face and calling him a baby.

Seriously, if you can't be a friend, go look at some diaper shit or something, thats where the real babies are.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake

That's good news. A broken jaw can heal, it sucks but it's nothing super serious to worry about.
And if her skull isn't broken the whole thing sounds more like a heavy concussion to me. And in that case she should make a full recovery. I mean heck, if you fall on the back of your head hard enough you can temporarily go blind for a few days and recover from that!
But I am no doctor. This isn't definitive, that's just what it sounds like to a random guy on the internet who lives like 600 kilometers way from you, give or take.

Lord I hope it is just her jaw that was broken, if so that she should have a much better chance of pulling through! But I hope she makes it, I don't think there is really anything I can do to help other than saying I really do know how you feel (my friend/family cat died a bit of months ago after living 16 years) was terrible to watch cause you feel helpless :( Just try to focus on the happiness that she brings, and try to keep your hopes up.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Had a couple of calls from the vets since, the local emergency vets my parents took her to first got it wrong, they thought she hadnt broken her jaw at all, turns out its not broken its just dislocated but with the x-ray the found several fractures near the base of the skull and roof of the mouth too deep to operate on aswell as a broken ear drum aswell as some swelling on the brain. They say she's trying to walk and does hold her head up and turn it slightly. Her jaw was going to be reset today but they held it off in light of the fractures as they wanted to give them time to heal on their own. She can blink with her right eye but the left eye is damaged and doesnt blink, they think she may be blind in one eye and deaf in the other, if thats the only lasting damage i'd be extremely grateful.
Im trying to keep myself distracted but still feel sick all the time, and every time the vets ring it feels like it just happened again.

Hikaru Okami

Radiant Wolf
Dude you're already lucky and you're getting luckier. It could've been worse so just keep in mind that your cat is staying strong. Your kitty would want the same from you, so be positive.

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Cats are pretty hardy animals.
Had one that got lost during a move. We promised to come back for it with the final load of stuff. Halfway down the road--whoops. Cat jumps out the back of the truck at 65 miles an hour. Rolls. Is a living wreck. Grab it and drive it home. It shits all over the back seat. Meows pathetically. There was the first time I ever wiped someone else's shit off my pants.

Fast forward three weeks later the scabbed up moron is humping his sister cat behind the shed like a weirdo.

So. Yanno. Have faith.

jtrekkie

Feathered
That's great news. She's starting to improve then, hopefully the worst is over. Don't worry about the jitters, they get better too.

One eyed cats get along really well, and Red's right about cats being hardy. I didn't want to mention it before but they're notoriously resilient. Cats and porcupines, they simply will not die. So how's your family taking it?

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
That just shows how tough cats really are...
If any one of us was in that condition right now we couldn't even sit upright.
Either way, her condition is definitely improving so she should pull through^^ And she is gonna be fine with one ear and one eye as well. Even like that she can probably still hear and see better than us!

Volkodav

Dad****er
Harbinger, if there is fractures in the skull and roof of the mouth, the "lasting damage" probably won't just be limited to the ear and eye. The ear and eye being damaged is a sign of neurological damage, which involves the brain.
I hope that she pulls through 100% okay, but if we're going to be honest here I think chances of her returning to normal are extremely slim.

I wish you and Luna the best of luck in any case, but I think we need to be a little realistic here.

Croconaw

#1 Most Requested Croconaw
It's not about not caring about pets, it's about making it suffer and spending copious amounts of money so it can suffer some more because you can't let go

Mate, you're making this argument on a furry forum. Be prepared to be called the spawn of Giratina or something equally as terrible like Hitler or current day Eddie Murphy or something.

But what do I know, I'm just a croc.

He's just trying to brainwash us I guess. My guess is most or all of us have evolved to be immune to that crap.

Hinalluminati.

This is gold if you were being serious. Croc gold standard.

Kaedal

Punny User Title
Harbinger, if there is fractures in the skull and roof of the mouth, the "lasting damage" probably won't just be limited to the ear and eye. The ear and eye being damaged is a sign of neurological damage, which involves the brain.
I hope that she pulls through 100% okay, but if we're going to be honest here I think chances of her returning to normal are extremely slim.

I wish you and Luna the best of luck in any case, but I think we need to be a little realistic here.
If there's swelling in the brain, can't that account for some of the neurological symptoms? I suppose they'd rule that out.

Mate, you're making this argument on a furry forum. Be prepared to be called the spawn of Giratina or something equally as terrible like Hitler or current day Eddie Murphy or something.

But what do I know, I'm just a croc.
Okay, that's too far. Who could possibly deserve to be compared to modern day Eddie Murphy?!