• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

PLEASE SPEAK TO ME NOW URGENTLY ANYONE

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I went to bed last night thinking what a nightmare this thread was, but I wasn't expecting it to induce them.

Volkodav

Dad****er
If there's swelling in the brain, can't that account for some of the neurological symptoms? I suppose they'd rule that out.

If the cat is already determined to be blind in one eye and deaf in one ear, chances are the swelling in the brain going down isn't going to reverse that.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
But even with some brain damage, she can still have a very happy life.

My Dizzy was accidentally kicked in the head as a lil' kitten. She had concussion for the night, and since then her eyes have never blinked at the same time. But she is THE happiest cat that has ever lived (and has been spoiled rotten =P)

So it's quite possible that Luna will still have a good life (you might just want to watch over her more to make sure she is safe). The fact that she is trying to walk must be a pretty good sign.

jtrekkie

Feathered
I got the impression there was mechanical damage to the eye. At any rate the brain, cat or otherwise, is very plastic. It just a lot of wait and see.

And for the record I would give a dime for Hinalle.

Kaedal

Punny User Title
If the cat is already determined to be blind in one eye and deaf in one ear, chances are the swelling in the brain going down isn't going to reverse that.
I figured as much, yeah. Guess time will tell how much damage was done.

Volkodav

Dad****er
But even with some brain damage, she can still have a very happy life.

The question isn't whether or not she will be able to live "normally", it's whether or not it's the humane option.
I, personally, believe that euthanasia is the most humane option for a cat with brain damage or some sort of neurological issue that causes him to be in pain constantly without the use of painkillers.
I love cats as much as anybody else and I agree that they deserve to live, but we need to look at a situation like this as "would it be humane to keep the cat alive?"

Fortunately it doesn't sound like the question should be raised by the family at this time, if the only damage appears to be blindness and deafness on one side.
Both my male cats are going blind (16 this year) and they are as happy as can be.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
It's a cat...put her down if she's useless and suffering then just get another one for free.

No need to spend that much money on a pet, gee.

You know that I wholly agree with you, but despite that in my opinion we shouldn't be posting things like that here, as the only approach Harbinger is going to use will be emotional one and he's not interested in anything else than being comforted. Besides, I see no fun in bashing someone who's already on his knees, it's not as fun as toying with a normal and healthy being.

So, Harbinger, I never had any problems with emotional over-attachment, but I know people who do have them and I saw a pitiful state they got themselves into after similar events. I see that you're one of them so I wish luck to you and your cat.

And now I'm adding this thread to my ignore list to resist unnecessary temptation.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Thanks Ayattar. And yeah we would never think of keeping any of our pets alive if they were in that much pain or couldnt function. Like i said if she comes away from this with just a blind eye and deaf ear i would be immeasurably grateful. I dont have any hopes to be honest i just cant bring myself to realize that yet, when my dads previous cat was in the vets back in august i didnt give the ordeal a second though, i was just wondering when she was due back home, then i found out they put her down so im not getting my hopes up yet. She's still pretty much in the same state, although i think they said she has blinked in both eyes at some points now, she's being tube fed and is being held in an intensive care enclosure still.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
It's only been a couple days. Hang in there, Harby. We believe in your cat.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
The vets just rang my mum and work who just rang here, my dad answered and all i heard was "its only been 3 days" and "its up to you", put the phone without even saying goodbye and now he's just lying in bed, i asked him what did they say and she's having trouble breathing. My mums just come from work early aswell, i feel worse than when it happened, i cant cope with this and i dont think my dad can, just losing 2 cats in a year is just wrong, shouldnt have happened.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
All this time i was being optimistic in the back of my mind, just this once after being negative about everything else in my life, never felt so sick, how am i going to cope with worse things that happen in life, i cant now, my dads been an animal lover all his life and always been around his pets, when the cat died in august that nearly turned him off them completely.

I tried distracting myself by being around my kitten, her sister, but i just feel guilty around that my dad cant fuss luna, or i look at her and just think of luna, she's wandering around constantly crying for her sister still.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
It hurts, doesn't it? You feel cold and empty.
I feel just as bad for her sister :(

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
There isnt any, the only peace when Belle died was meeting Yuki and Luna.

Sylver

*sighs* bloody hell the sucks..sorry to hear that

Basically the same as what Red said, I hope you find some peace in it (edit: didn't see his post before I wrote this)

Last edited:

Kaedal

Punny User Title
Shit, I'm sorry, Harbinger. Losing a pet is always rough, and it will take time to get through it.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
At least she won't suffer, take some comfort from that in the least.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
I'm really sorry Harb. Losing a beloved pet is the worst and a lot of us here can understand that.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
*gives you a hug

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Oh man, sorry to hear that Harbinger.
I had my cat put down less than a month ago, it was about the worst thing.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I'm really sorry for your loss, Harbinger. I know what it's like to have to put an animal down that quickly - it's not fair.
I hope that your family is able to cope with the loss, and know that she's not in pain any longer.

ArmorcladCoyote

Red Wolf Inquisitor
I'm sorry to hear that you had to put Luna down. Just do what you can to comfort your father. He's going to need you.