• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Pokemon Platinum Release Date!

IanKeith

I'm Not Regret
Jeezus CHRIST it's finally gonna come out, and we know when!

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/English_Platinum_announced

For those of you who actually still play Pokemon (and don't just jerk to it like the rest of them, ew) this is pretty damn big news. We now have a reason to look forward to March 22nd. :D Anyone else to start the countdown with me?

in summary: \o/ "Huzzah March 22nd!"

eternal_flare

voice of guilmon!
I'm hoping it to be original and not just readjust the old one to make the new one for a release.

Bokracroc

Bokra, come out to pla-ay
Meh, I still haven't found to motivation to grind levels to beat the Galaxy guy on the mountain in Diamond.
Anything worthwhile in it?

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
Took them long enough to get a date, not sure why it takes quite a bit for these games to transfer over here to the states, does translating take that long?

Oh well, I'll more then likely pick it up when it comes out, it'll be a nice distraction to play while I'm waiting on Ghostbusters.

Lukar

Durrgon
Yay. ^^ I hope this comes out after or around the released of the DSi over here- I already sold my DS Lite for a PS2.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
It'll be a complete failure in terms of gameplay, seeing as it's just another Diamond/Pearl with ONE NEW AREA, OMG, TOTALLY WORTH THE $50 JUST TO GO TO THAT ONE NEW AREA.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they'll just stop making Pokemon games after this. The games are just so similar and the Pokemon they make up are getting stupid.

-Lucario-

I've already seen pokemon platinum and believe me, from what I've seen it looks pretty different. Got to reserve this game ASAP.

SirRob

The WiFi enhancements look pretty cool, as well as the new Battle Frontier. I'm fine with my Diamond version though, so I don't think I'll be getting Platinum anytime soon.

-Lucario-

I plan on raising just one pokemon through the entire game like last time. Plan to fix its EV's later along the line and raise the rest of my team after the Elite four. Makes the game a bit more chalanging xP

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
I plan on raising just one pokemon through the entire game like last time. Plan to fix its EV's later along the line and raise the rest of my team after the Elite four. Makes the game a bit more chalanging xP
Ive tried raising one pokemon before but those darn HMs are required all the time.

lupinealchemist

Hamburger time.
I think it's worth the $50 since I don't have either Diamond or Pearl.

BloodYoshi

Yesss, this game will rekindle the Pokemon fad for a short while so that I can rape people in battles again.

I still wish they'd make another game with the Johto region in it though D:

SirRob

Yesss, this game will rekindle the Pokemon fad for a short while so that I can rape people in battles again.

I still wish they'd make another game with the Johto region in it though D:
*Cries* Oh Gold version!!! Why did you have to die!?!? TT__TT

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
*Cries* Oh Gold version!!! Why did you have to die!?!? TT__TT
Because Kanto was entirely novelty and 90% of the new pokemon were boring (gens 3 and 4 had a lot more interesting pokemon designs).

Hlavco

Wait. Kanto didn't have new pokemon. Kanto has the old, OLD pokemon. You mean Johto?

I think Generation 1 was the only one with overwhelmingly 'good' pokemon. 2, 3, and 4 had a few good ones in each, but they were hidden in a mass of pokemon ranging from 'mediocre' to 'crap'.

I'd just like to know why it took them so long to announce Platinum. Hasn't it been out in Japan for almost a month now?

IanKeith

I'm Not Regret
>> AlexInsane:

Then you obviously haven't even played the recent Pokemon games. They have changed, they have evolved, and if you can't appreciate it, get the hell out of this thread and go do something else.

>> ChillCoyotl and company:

There's been rumors of a G/S remake, but no confirmation. If there actually is one in the works (no word yet), we'd have to wait a year or so to hear about it, following the trends Game Freak has set with the previous generations.

>> Lukar

You...sold your DSLite for a PS2? What the hell? Fffffffff. Enjoy your DSi with its even less usefulness and lack of GBA port.

>> Hlvaco

It's all in the timing with Game Freak and Nintendo on this one. Follow their old pattern and see how it works. As far as new stuff, well...we'll have to see. There's already been some pretty significant changes announced even from just Diamond/Pearl, let alone previous generations, so I'm looking forward to this version. Plus, it's a chance to start with some fresh 'mon and new ideas...

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
So... Blue, red, yellow, gold, silver, sapphire, ruby, emerald, diamond, pearl, and now platinum.

They are going to run out of things to use. *Imagining Pokemon: Rock, paper and scissors*

Zanzer

Gawd, it's going to take ages for them to bring it over to europe. We will proably get it around June time e.e

Zanzer

xD haha naw it's fine i'm kind of used to waiting really like I did with the Pheonix wright series.

US: 1,2,3,4
Eu: 1, 2, 4 delayed a year then 3

Chex

¯\(º_o)/¯
So... Blue, red, yellow, gold, silver, sapphire, ruby, emerald, diamond, pearl, and now platinum.

They are going to run out of things to use. *Imagining Pokemon: Rock, paper and scissors*

You forgot Crystal. ^_~

Enigmaticat

Oh Boy!
You forgot Crystal. ^_~
Yeah, they always come out with a third, which is a remake of the first two.

Red/Blue - Yellow
Gold/Silver - Crystal
Sapphire/Ruby - Emerald
Pearl/Diamond - Platinum

I dont know where Leaf Green and Fire Red fit in... dumb remakes.

I used to have the old pokemon trading card game for the gameboy too.

IanKeith

I'm Not Regret
>> Silibus

I consider them third-gen, they're designed for the GBA. I'm not sure what most of the community considers them. And...you bothered with the TCG video game? D: Wow. I'm sorry. XD

Edit: Ding, 400

Last edited: