• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Political Spectrum Poll 2015

What is your political ideology?

• Far-left

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Moderate-left

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Centrist

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Moderate-right

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Far-right

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Libertarian

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Statist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/explain/Etc..

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

Sylox

boi...chill out!
How wrong is it to assume liberal = democrat and conservative = Republican?

They have Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans. If you ever look at a chart during elections for Congress on CNN or any major network, sometimes they'll show the voter breakdown by ideology and you'll see something like The Democrats got 48% of the vote and of that 48%; 98% was from voters who identify as Liberal, 1 % from Moderates and 1% from conservatives.

So you'd be sort of right to assume that Liberal means Democratic and Conservative means Republican in the US, but again, I can be a Democrat, but still identify as a Conservative; Google "Blue Dog Democrat".

T

TheMetalVelocity

I would think conservative democrats and liberal republicans and are essentially moderates.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I'm an independent, but I tend to lean left on most issues.

Ikrit

I'm fired up!
im a Buddhist Anarchist, also the liner political spectrum is out of date, considering you can have ideals from both sides

Kinharia

Drunken Irish Snow Leopard
I am moderate left. I fall in the left because I actually give a fuck about helping the majority of citizens and not ensuring that 1% of the population can hold 90% of the wealth. All Citizens should have a right to Free Healthcare and Free Education, any civilised state should provide these two things constantly. The Richer one gets the less benefits they get from the state, they can afford a 45% tax on their earnings and a tax on their luxury goods. Tax should be exempt (excluding stealth taxes such as VAT and Fuel Duty) from a basic earnings of £12,000 and should then begin to rise from 10% from £12,000 - £15,000. 20% from £15,000 - £25,000. 30% from £25,000 to £40,000 and then 45% on everything above that. The state must provide a safety net for its citizens that ensures that if they fall on hard times the state will be there to help get them back on their feet by providing them a basic living wage and housing until such times as they get back on their feet and can continue paying taxes.

Security is where I'd differ from most people who lean on the left. I would completely support a Police State if corruption could be removed. Strict rules of engagement would be given to all Police Officers, they'd be outfitted with body camera's that'd record in real time to security HQ, there would always be a Police Officer in every major street on patrol and espically at Night they'd be on constant patrol around nightclubs and bars. If someone breaks the law then they deserve to be punished. A minimum of 1 year in prison for any crime to act as a determent. If you commit a more serious crime say Burglery then you will be sentenced to 15 years with hard labour, however if you should willingness to reform then you will be provided with education and a potential to cut your sentence in half for good behaviour. Murder on the other hand if proven. Hard labour until you drop dead.

Immigration. A commitment to keeping the freedom of travel for all EU citizens, this is a fundlemental right for all persons who are Europeans. If you come from outside the EU then you must prove you can speak the language fluently and read it, you must be sponsered by an employer and have a basic provision of £5000 to start off. This will ensure that the country is not overflooded and only those who truely wish to assimilate with the culture would be allowed to stay. If I moved to Germany I would damn well act German, if I moved to Canada I'd become Canadian. You come here then you should become Irish. Provisions will be made for Foreigners to help them assimilate with the local culture and help make them active contributors like everyone else.

So yea, wall of text tl:Dr I am left wing with a mixture of right wing.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
A minimum of 1 year in prison for any crime to act as a determent.

This kinda reminds me of things school children dream up when asked how to control crime, in all honesty. Even Kim Jong Un only gets away with so much. Fear is not the ultimate tool and expression of power. History teaches us that much at least.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
Based on the amount of Liberals in here, it's fairly safe to assume that a healthy portion of them are SJW who supported OWS and truly believe in that 99% BS. Newsflash Libs, 47% of you don't even pay your taxes.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Based on the amount of Liberals in here, it's fairly safe to assume that a healthy portion of them are SJW who supported OWS and truly believe in that 99% BS. Newsflash Libs, 47% of you don't even pay your taxes.

Here's the part where we use that old forum saying of "Citation Needed".

Always a classic.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
R-Money is correct though, 47% don't pay their taxes and I'd assume that most of them are the poor with some being the very rich who stash their money in offshore accounts.

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
R-Money is correct though, 47% don't pay their taxes and I'd assume that most of them are the poor with some being the very rich who stash their money in offshore accounts.

I guess the IRS is just more jolly these days if 47% of any demographic isn't in jail for tax evasion...especially poor people.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I dont care about any of it and just find the whole thing and everyone associated with it extremely annoying.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
I'm not trying to judge, but to those that are Apathetic, have you ever considered that your apathy allows the batshit crazies and people with an agenda to enter into politics? You think you're "protesting" by remaining out of the fray, but in reality, you're only allowing it to continue.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
The moment society goes tits up, you can bet your ass I will be partying in the streets, razing fast food buildings and looting Walmarts.
Until then, I will just have to contain myself and think of other ways to rebel against society's norms.
Oh, and human rights are more important than a 2000 year old book.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
The moment society goes tits up, you can bet your ass I will be partying in the streets, razing fast food buildings and looting Walmarts.
Until then, I will just have to contain myself and think of other ways to rebel against society's norms.
Oh, and human rights are more important than a 2000 year old book.

Society will never descend in to total anarchy because humanity has a need for structure and hierarchies.

T

TheMetalVelocity

Although I would be considered more liberal SJW progressives tend to obsess over social issues and censor anything that's "offensive" or shit that doesn't cater to them. It's not that I don't want to see some form of social justice take place it's just their arguments are so trite and for the most part unproductive and I don't obsess over social issues as much as they do. I'll pop a racist joke and say something offensive or I'll express my thoughts that aren't exactly left-wing-tier if I want.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Meh, most SJWs these days are busy on Tumblr obsessing over misogyny in video games and having victim mentalities and all that shit. I wish they would get their heads out of their asses and do something worthwhile for a change instead of picking fights with everyone else on the Internet.

Sylox

boi...chill out!
As I've said, if they really gave a shit about Social Justice, they'd bring to light the issues plaguing Native Americans. Obviously since they aren't a *real* minority or a gender other than male, they're not deemed as important by them.

T

TheMetalVelocity

The people who constantly use words like homophobe, racist, bigot, etc... annoy the shit out of me. I can't associate with people who are always looking to be offended. It's like they've been programmed to whiteknight anyone who isn't a white straight christian.