• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Poll: Do you like Rick & Morty?

What do you think about Rick & Morty?

• I love it and watch it religiously!

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I quite like it and watch it sometimes or regularly.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • It's terrible and I at best hate-watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MY EYES TAKE IT AWAY

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 111470

It's over-rated. I tried watching it and it didn't click with me. What I dislike more than the show itself is its fanbase.

M

Massan Otter

I haven't seen it. Would agree that the fanbase can be irritating though, which hasn't drawn me towards it!

S

Some Moron

I've only seen the worst of it's fanbase, but the show is enjoyable. It's unique.

Crimcyan

Chum bucket with the u
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Yakamaru

Cyberpunk musta Susi
It's meh. Its fanbase in some cases are just.. Utterly moronic.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I watched it because my brother wanted me to, and I really didn't like the way Rick constantly belched and drooled in the earlier episodes.
It made it really difficult to watch the stories.

But the voice actor didn't do it as much as the episodes progressed, and actually I did begin enjoying it.

Nadiafur

Sleek!
I think it's a fun show! It's really better if you watch it with a small group of friends that you know aren't... like that... though. Definitely much more fun than if you watched it yourself.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I really tried to get into it. I really wanted to like it. I gave it an honest several-episode shot. I like the people behind it, and I do think it's a well-written and well-put-together show.

But...at the end of the day, while I appreciate it, I just can't enjoy it. It's too mean-spirited and depressing for my taste. I wish it all the success but it's just not for me.

Dongding

The sheep
It's like if the physics based humor of Futurama rode shotgun instead of sitting in the back, and Family Guy was driving.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

I like rats, so... no. It sucks. Rats need love, not this shit.
What the hell did I just watched? For the most part I am indifferent to adult animation, and I have never watched Rick and Morty besides the clip I quoted. (For the record I do not like rats, but even that clip was just plain barbaric towards them.)

Zamietka

I've tried to watch it, I think I managed to watch 2 episodes somehow? And it probably wouldn't be a bad show, but I really couldn't stand how disgusting Rick was. That's it. That's the whole reason. I can't stand someone silently chewing gum next to me don't expect me to watch something where one of the main characters burps every two seconds ;w;

I

Infrarednexus

I like rats, so... no. It sucks. Rats need love, not this shit.
What the hell did I just watched? For the most part I am indifferent to adult animation, and I have never watched Rick and Morty besides the clip I quoted. (For the record I do not like rats, but even that clip was just plain barbaric towards them.)
Lightweights!

Just kidding. It is pretty intense.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I really like it and own the first season on Blu-ray, although as of yet I've still only seen random episodes and haven't watched the whole thing. I love how animated it is. There's a lot more motion and smoother too than most other adult animated comedies. The space adventures are also really clever and inventive! The show does well to take advantage of its setting.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
No, I do not.

It is an abomination and should be DESTROYED.

Z

ZeroVoidTime

No, I do not.

It is an abomination and should be DESTROYED.
Oh okay just ignore it, and deprive it of ratings than it will get destroyed. (Besides I am still remarkably neutral about it even after the clip. It mostly has to with the context of the scene since it does not fully explain the joke.)

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Oh okay just ignore it, and deprive it of ratings than it will get destroyed. (Besides I am still remarkably neutral about it even after the clip. It mostly has to with the context of the scene since it does not fully explain the joke.)

Hmmm...I was just thinking: the only TV shows I watch right now that they are still making new seasons of are: Bob's Burgers, and a CBC (Canadian) sit-com called Shitt's Creek. Mainly, I tend to watch older shows, or movies, or listen to music. Odd, at one point, I just kinda stopped watching TV, more or less.

I am bad news for TV ratings :p

Z

ZeroVoidTime

Hmmm...I was just thinking: the only TV shows I watch right now that they are still making new seasons of are: Bob's Burgers, and a CBC (Canadian) sit-com called Shitt's Creek. Mainly, I tend to watch older shows, or movies, or listen to music. Odd, at one point, I just kinda stopped watching TV, more or less.

I am bad news for TV ratings :p
Good point, and Hulu will destroy TV for good.

j-leo

>:3c
I don't like it. I get it, I just don't enjoy it.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of "adult" animated shows though - I don't like gross-out or offensive humor. It feels cheap.

DecentBadger

Always looking for that raw aesthetic~
My boyfriend and I loved the first season. Season 2 wasn't too bad. Then season 3 happened and then the fandom happened, and let's just say we don't talk about it much in positive light anymore :/