• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Polls on the main site

Issarlk

I'm sure a majority of FA users are not registered on the forum, and don't visit it.

Knowing that, can _important_ polls like the recent one about Mature "Cub" Art be posted on the main site? The result of this one influence what can and cannot be posted on FA. (and maybe what will be removed from existing galleries if the rule gets enforced)

In that poll message it says that "Democracy wins on FA", but I express doubt on the fact that forum users represent the FA users and that the result of said poll is the same as if it had been posted on the main page. And so I think a main page poll system would be a good thing ; or at least a note on the mainpage that point at important polls in the forum.

I'm going to say ditto here :) Hell, I'm not sure if I even voted on that poll, and I'm on here pretty often myself. Now it's closed so I can't vote even if I didn't get a chance to before.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
ArrowTibbs said:
I'm going to say ditto here :) Hell, I'm not sure if I even voted on that poll, and I'm on here pretty often myself. Now it's closed so I can't vote even if I didn't get a chance to before.
I would have put it onto FA, but the entire thing escalated into a massive explosion in the span of a mere few hours. Inviting the entire site to view the issue...

We need to think about that more on how to approach the issue.

Myr

Big Dragon
Issarlk said:
I'm sure a majority of FA users are not registered on the forum, and don't visit it.

Knowing that, can _important_ polls like the recent one about Mature "Cub" Art be posted on the main site? The result of this one influence what can and cannot be posted on FA. (and maybe what will be removed from existing galleries if the rule gets enforced)

In that poll message it says that "Democracy wins on FA", but I express doubt on the fact that forum users represent the FA users and that the result of said poll is the same as if it had been posted on the main page. And so I think a main page poll system would be a good thing ; or at least a note on the mainpage that point at important polls in the forum.
We need a better global polling system than what was used last time. My3q is annoying and ugly. I almost had a new poll go up a few days ago but it got killed for an unexpected reason I don't want to talk about (and no it wasn't the 4:3 typo, DS error, or not posting it for review which the few people that saw it noticed). It, however, did not address any of this and was system/browsing configuration inquisitive. Perhaps now is a good time to revisit this and get off My3q (I'm sure they're still pissed that 1,500 responses were received under my "free" account ;) ). I don't agree with using the democratic process to run a website and feel that survey results should be used as a guideline and not an absolute...but surveys are critical in knowing where people stand about the issues and such it'd be good to expand our capacity to do so. It's become much too difficult to simply browse around to all the FA users' pages and read their thoughts because there are soooooo many people now.

Wolfblade

No matter what you guys decide in the end, inviting the community to speak on it is always going to end up exactly how that thread did. Both sides exploding loudly and repeating the same few points that amount to little more than personal preference.

There are only like, what, five points to be made in the whole ban/don't ban argument? It will always boil down to the cub side saying allow it because its only drawings, the neutral people saying use the filters and stop whining, and the anti-cub people saying they're morally outraged by it.

It isn't illegal, and working filters would keep anyone from seeing it if they didn't want to. Anything beyond that is just personal preference and whether or not to enforce one person's morals on another over something that isn't hurting anyone.

You admins need to discuss it, vote amongst yourselves, decide what to do about it, and then do it. And stand your ground. No matter what you choose, peopl will bitch and some will leave, and you just have to let them.

It's a no-win for you guys, so just do what you all genuinely believe to be the fair thing to do, and everyone will just have to deal with it, whether you ban it or not.