• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Possible Money Thief, What Should I Do?

Fenraki

So, I'm not new to FA, I have been a long time user of the site(not with this username). I am, however, new to commissions and the like. I won a YCH auction on FA, along with one other fur, 13 days ago. I've had no contact with the other winner, but I paid immediately after winning. The artist was to do a pic with his and my character in it, but 6 days after the ych ended, posted a picture with doodles that had nothing to do with the ych, saying that they were "quitting the fandom" and would not be finishing the ych, basically. They also said they would repay anyone who had paid for a picture that wasn't going to get done.

Well, I sent a note right after they posted this, but it's been 7 days now since I sent it, and they have not read my note or repaid. What should I do? Is there something paypal can do if I used the "goods or services" option to pay to their paypal 13 days ago?

Fenraki

Read a bunch about it just now, and figured since I have 45 days to dispute, it would be best to maybe wait until the 35th day mark or something, just to be sure that they're not going to respond? Is there anything else I should do?

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe
just file a dispute now, there's literally no reason to do them a favor and wait

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
blackmail for sex and/or money

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Paypal can get you yourmoney back, don't worry

Fenraki

just file a dispute now, there's literally no reason to do them a favor and wait

What rigtard said. Open a dispute and get it over with ASAP.

Is there a pressing reason I should open a dispute ASAP instead of just making sure I do it within the 45 days? I want to avoid creating conflict with someone where I can, but I also want to be sure that nothing bad will come from waiting it out a bit to see what happens.

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
Is there a pressing reason I should open a dispute ASAP instead of just making sure I do it within the 45 days? I want to avoid creating conflict with someone where I can, but I also want to be sure that nothing bad will come from waiting it out a bit to see what happens.
The artist, whose services you paid for, is being shifty and difficult. He can cancel if he wants but he owes you your money back.

It's within your rights to push the envelope with him. Dispute!

Hydra

My usual rule of thumb (in general, not just here) is to wait 30 days before opening a dispute. Have you tried contacting the artist by e-mail (I'm sure you have it since you sent him money via Paypal) since he or she doesn't seem to be checking notes?

Last edited:

Fenraki

My usual rule of thumb (in general, not just here) is to wait 30 days before opening a dispute. Have you tried contacting the artist by e-mail (I'm sure you have it since you sent him money via Paypal) since he or she doesn't seem to be checking notes?

Oh right, that's a pretty good idea; I do have it! I'll try email then, and thanks to you and everyone else so far for feedback on this.

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe

youre not creating the conflict, they are

fuck 'em, they took your money, didnt give you what you payed for, havent returned your money, dont do them any favors at all, theyre obviously not doing you favors at all (theyre doing the exact opposite actually)

edit: what if someone broke in your house? would you say "excuse me mr. can you please not take my stuff? i'll give you 45 days to put it back or i will consider calling the cops okay, i dont wanna cause trouble for you"? no, you take a baseball bat and cripple that piece of shit! stand up for yourself, fuck

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Rignig, aren't you a bit harsh here. 7days isn't even a long time, all things considered. The artist might've gotten sick, an unexpected family affair might've taken that time or a simple case busyness. I doubt they're doing this on purpose.
OP, have you tried alternate mediums for contacting other than FA?

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe
okay, maybe dont cripple them with a baseball bat, but just open a dispute, it won't affect them more than reminding them to pay you back and get an infraction on their account (which won't do much if anything at all, really)

oh and if it really has just been a week, maybe give a few more days, but not three weeks more, that's a silly amount of time to wait

Fenraki

Rignig, aren't you a bit harsh here. 7days isn't even a long time, all things considered. The artist might've gotten sick, an unexpected family affair might've taken that time or a simple case busyness. I doubt they're doing this on purpose.
OP, have you tried alternate mediums for contacting other than FA?

My only other method is their email, which I sent something to around 5 hours ago. I'm really hoping they respond in a timely manner so I won't have to resort to the paypal dispute thing.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Two/three days should do for an email. In that time they should've read it

--Kyba--

youre not creating the conflict, they are

fuck 'em, they took your money, didnt give you what you payed for, havent returned your money, dont do them any favors at all, theyre obviously not doing you favors at all (theyre doing the exact opposite actually)

edit: what if someone broke in your house? would you say "excuse me mr. can you please not take my stuff? i'll give you 45 days to put it back or i will consider calling the cops okay, i dont wanna cause trouble for you"? no, you take a baseball bat and cripple that piece of shit! stand up for yourself, fuck

This isn't the same thing as a house robbery, so don't compare it to it. Those are completely different situations. I agree that OP should maybe wait, maybe something happened to the guy who owes you the stuff, maybe hes busy, or something happened. I would give it some time, but if you don't here back from him in another week or so I'd dispute it.

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe
obviously theyre not the same thing

thats what a comparison is

taking two exclusive concepts pointing out the similarities

it'd be stupid to compare something to the same thing

"this rock is just like itself"

thats dumb

Hydra

You should always give an honest effort into working things out with a seller before pursuing a formal dispute or a chargeback unless you clearly and intentionally ripped off. If you make a habit of disputing transactions you will start finding your way onto blacklists. Disputes are costly for vendors, even when the complaint is unfounded.

That may not mean much when pursing an art commission from a private seller, but it's still a good habit.

Last edited:

--Kyba--

obviously theyre not the same thing

thats what a comparison is

taking two exclusive concepts pointing out the similarities

it'd be stupid to compare something to the same thing

"this rock is just like itself"

thats dumb

Congratulations. No shit a comparison is pointing out similarities, thing is, you don't compare things that are on the completely opposite side of the spectrum.

Oh hey. This piece of carbon fiber is like a living thing... 'cause it has carbon in it! No. That doesn't make any sense, you can compare any two things in the universe, but that doesn't mean you should or it's right.