• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Possible Nintendo NX Patent

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
Nintendo just filed a patent for a diskless stationary console.

A user on NeoGAF found what he said Nintendo filed back in this past February. Even gave some rough schematics:

opnxkm4.png

As well as what might be for the game's controller:

3_pat8jjnl.png

The source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099932

It looks to me like it's some kind of all-digital console, with another screen controller, which is a really boneheaded move after what happened with the Wii U. Not to mention an all-digital console wouldn't go over too well with the public.

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
So what I wanna know is, does this mean it's pointless for me to buy a Wii U or not? Because I'd really like playing that new Star Fox someday.

...you know why. :V

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Anyone remember the NX hoax a while back? It was supposedly going to be a VR unit. Of course, we got the Wii instead.

I hope it's not a fucking piece of shit lIke the Wii U. But I can deal with a completely digital console. Actually no. Because Nintendo thinks they're Apple and their shit (the games at least) is jacked up to exorbitant prices all the time. And I almost guarantee they won't have a return policy.

Whatever. We'll see...

F

foussiremix

Its too soon for the NX, the wii u doesnt even has many games.

The wii u didnt even had time to realease its true power.

I really hope Nintendo is not actually launching this console next year. But the mysteriously timed delay of Zelda "U" does not bode well.

That's what I keep shouting at Nintendo on Twitter for, and so have other people on the net.

Why the hell aren't they listening?

I hope and pray to the divine powers that govern this cosmos...that you were not honestly expecting Nintendo Co. Ltd. to listen to you on Twitter. But regardless, this may answer your question, or at least shed light on Nintendo's general mindset.

F

foussiremix

The wii u doesnt even has zelda U and they want to launch next year, THEY ARE DOOMED.
They will lose so much money.

They make an extremly dumb fault.

Nintendo really needs to listen to its fans and gamers.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
The wii u doesnt even has zelda U and they want to launch next year, THEY ARE DOOMED.
They will lose so much money.

They make an extremly dumb fault.

Nintendo really needs to listen to its fans and gamers.

They didn't say it would release next year, just that it would be unveiled next year.

But yes, they need to listen to their fans and gamers. I don't understand why not?