• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Post an album, I will listen to it and rate it /10

aqxsl

Brain Emo
Gimme something good; I feel like I've heard everything and am hitting a wall in my exploration of sound.

If a 10/10 is discovered, you shall be rewarded handsomely.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
The Mars Volta's Frances The Mute

If you know this then I like you even more.

333.jpg

Extraordinary ambient that really generalizes Vladislav Delay's trademark sound. Has a nice familiar feeling to it.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
ALSO

I don't know how you feel about piano music but listen to Franz Liszt's three volumes of compositions titled Années de Pèlerinage. It's rather captivating.

I'd recommend as played by either Hamelin or Jerome Rose.

Demensa

Characterless sack of potatoes
Wendy Carlos - Beauty in The Beast

I don't know if I'm supposed to post more than one, but there's just too much, as always.

David Maxim Micic - Bilo 2.0

Ivo Pogorelich's recital of Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit... I know, not an actual album, but it's too good to miss.

I've actually been wanting some suggestions myself for outstanding music, so I will watch this thread closely...
I should hook you up with my friend. He listens to the most ridiculous variety of music and spends probably $500 on physical albums per month.

Aden

Play from your ****ing HEART
You could try one of my favorite albums: Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye

He listens to the most ridiculous variety of music and spends probably $500 on physical albums per month.

Student loans are the only thing keeping me from doing this

aqxsl

Brain Emo
The Mars Volta's Frances The Mute

I've heard all of their stuff up to Bedlam in Goliath; but it's been awhile, so I listened again to refresh my memory. Overall 8.5/10. The energy in some of the tracks is fooking incredible, like Cygnus and pretty much all of Cassandra Gemini. Otherwise I got bored with L'Via L'Viquez and Miranda, although good songs nonetheless. The Widow was the worst of em. Really appreciate the uniqueness of the sound tho and I'd consider them amongst the best in modern "progressive rock".

Extraordinary ambient that really generalizes Vladislav Delay's trademark sound. Has a nice familiar feeling to it.

Yer speaking my language here Sollux. Too bad I'm a huge Vladislav fan and I've heard it all. This album is an 8/10 (except for The Third Quarter, which is an easy 10/10). Had you posted Entain or Anima, oof.

You could try one of my favorite albums: Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye

9.5/10. Amazing album brotha; definitely Kayo Dot's best. The Manifold Curiosity especially crushes my soul. Unfortunately I've already listened to this one far too many times. Anything Toby Driver touches tends to be >= 9.

I'm going through all the other albums posted so far. I've been able to get my hands on everything but Wendy Carlos; I doubt I'm going to be able to find that one Demensa. Sounds super promising too... :(.

Keep em cumming; the more obscure and weird the better.

Evan of Phrygia

WwwHhAaaAaTtTttTttTtT
I've heard all of their stuff up to Bedlam in Goliath; but it's been awhile, so I listened again to refresh my memory. Overall 8.5/10. The energy in some of the tracks is fooking incredible, like Cygnus and pretty much all of Cassandra Gemini. Otherwise I got bored with L'Via L'Viquez and Miranda, although good songs nonetheless. The Widow was the worst of em. Really appreciate the uniqueness of the sound tho and I'd consider them amongst the best in modern "progressive rock".

Keep em cumming; the more obscure and weird the better.
I like you. Also you pretty much reciprocated my thoughts, but I appreciate Widow's trumpet solo so there's that. By all means, even their "worst" still features impressive qualities, so that's why it's one of my favourites.

Cygnus I hope to learn on drums when I'm better but as of the moment it's noticeably beyond me.

You also know Between The Buried and Me, and unless you haven't listened to The Great Misdirect yet, I'm at a loss.

Also, that last sentence made me giggle. :3

Plantar

Soaked In Sin
I'm not sure what type of music you really like but I think everyone should give "Whiskey For The Holy Ghost" by Mark Lanegan a shot.

Or "It's Not How Far You Fall, It's How You Land" by Soulsavers. That's awesome too.

Aden

9.5/10. Amazing album brotha; definitely Kayo Dot's best. The Manifold Curiosity especially crushes my soul. Unfortunately I've already listened to this one far too many times. Anything Toby Driver touches tends to be >= 9.

Can't argue with that last part! Though most of that recent album he collaborated in under the name Vaura was surprisingly underwhelming to me. Certainly not bad, just not great.

So you're looking for obscure, and you enjoy Kayo Dot...try out Nooumena - Argument with Eagerness

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
Songs_About_Fucking.jpg

One of the best. :3c

Alright, so you wanna hear all this new and obscure stuff. Well, I just wanna know your opinion of one of the classics. The album American Pie by Don McLean.

Demensa

I would do it too if I weren't saving up for a car... I'm probably ONLY spending up to $100 per month on music plus dvds...
Games however is another story.

Back to more album suggestions, try:
Disperse - Journey Through the Hidden Gardens
Fleshgod Apocalype - Agony (only if you enjoy death metal)
Koenji Hyakkei - Hundred sights of Koenji (For fans of ruins)
Sithu Aye - Cassini

I'm assuming you have already listened to most of everything by Satriani and Animals as leaders.

Aden

Actually, I was looking through my little spending app I use to help myself be responsible with my money, and

izrdl2.jpg

I'm not very responsible with my money :v

Last edited:

Demensa

Haha! I'm probably downplaying the amount I actually spend on music as well. I've ordered 5 albums in the past 2 days, now that the steam summer sale has kicked me into "spending" mode.
This probably won't end well.

VestigialNRG

Asaphren
Hi, I'm not sure if your a fan of techno.but here is a song I made for anthros. http://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337/anthro-dance if you don't fancy techno I have alternatives.http://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337...ndcloud.com/djobscure1337/lamian-love-danceIf my music catches your interest feel free to keep in contact with meSincerely, DJ Obscure

ugh sorry about that....can you delete my previous post please? my internet is being douchy -_-http://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337/anthro-dancehttp://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337/call-of-the-midnite-beasthttp://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337/lamian-love-dancehttp://soundcloud.com/djobscure1337/to-no-end-asaphrens-theme

just follow the link from Anthro Dance.so I can stop flooding the thread and looking like an idiot....

Last edited by a moderator:

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
You can edit posts.

Isen

Oh dear
mewithoutYou- Ten Stories

Concept album (loosely) about circus animals who escape from a train crash in 1878. Good mix of spoken word-ish vocals, post-hardcore, and indie rock. Thematically speaking it explores fatalism and Sufi and Christian conceptions of the reality/unreality of the self.

Sample track: "Fox's Dream of the Log Flume"
Fox, traveling with Bear, has an eerie prophetic dream.
[yt]S046KlS1rmE[/yt]

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
opwillsurelydeliver.jpg