• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Post cute images of your fursona's species!

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
That a Striped Hyena? Don't see them too often. It's usually just Spotted Yeens.

Which are cool and all but the others need love.
Yes it is!

People seem to think that spotted hyena is *the* hyena, and kind of lump the other ones together with it (thank you, Disney?...). Whereas they're very different species, not even in the same genus. In fact, the striped and brown ones are *the* Hyaena, while the spotted one is Crocuta. ;) And then, there's the odd but very cute cousin, the termite-eating aardwolf.

(By the way, you can find examples of all in my gallery.)

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
Yes it is!

People seem to think that spotted hyena is *the* hyena, and kind of lump the other ones together with it (thank you, Disney?...). Whereas they're very different species, not even in the same genus. In fact, the striped and brown ones are *the* Hyaena, while the spotted one is Crocuta. ;) And then, there's the odd but very cute cousin, the termite-eating aardwolf.

(By the way, you can find examples of all in my gallery.)
Brown Hyenas are fabulous.

Aardwolves are death metal babies

D

Deleted member 111470

My sona is many things, so I get to give you many pictures!

Base, conveniently looking the opposite direction of my avatar, the black leopard:
View attachment 101178

Markings, tiger stripes:
View attachment 101179

Ears, lynx:
View attachment 101180

Toofers, sabercattos, which was hard to find a "cute" picture of considering they're extinct:
View attachment 101181

And finally, the tail, snow leopard:
View attachment 101182

Snow leopards are so adorable and fluffy

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
Base, conveniently looking the opposite direction of my avatar, the black leopard:
View attachment 101178

Oh it intrigued me just now! About the Black Leopard!

Is it the same as Black Panther? Cuz in Korea, we have a term called 흑표(흑표범 Dark/Black Leopard), and it was commonly interpreted as Black Panther(hence the K2 tank). But it really is just Black Leopard when translated straightforwardly...

What's the difference between BL and BP? Or are both just the same?

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty

Is it the same as Black Panther? Cuz in Korea, we have a term called 흑표(흑표범 Dark/Black Leopard), and it was commonly interpreted as Black Panther(hence the K2 tank). But it really is just Black Leopard when translated straightforwardly...

Panthers aren't an animal

Black Panther refers to any member of the genus Panthera (Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Jaguars and Snow Leopards) that is melanistic due to a genetic quirk. So the opposite of albinism.

So yes, Black Leopards and Black Panthers are sometimes the same thing.

Stray Cat Terry

"테리는길냥이"
Panthers aren't an animal

Black Panther refers to any member of the genus Panthera (Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Jaguars and Snow Leopards) that is melanistic due to a genetic quirk. So the opposite of albinism.

So yes, Black Leopards and Black Panthers are sometimes the same thing.

Thankies so much for the kind and detailed description! Meowies! >w<☆

Wow then Koreans actually kept saying Black Panther.... It somehow feels like calling cigarrette a cigar.. XP (Can't get a better figure but hopefully you get the feels)

The_biscuits_532

big anxious kitty
Thankies so much for the kind and detailed description! Meowies! >w<☆

Wow then Koreans actually kept saying Black Panther.... It somehow feels like calling cigarrette a cigar.. XP (Can't get a better figure but hopefully you get the feels)
I've been on a nature binge recently.

I made this thread on reddit about a week ago with all the cats. An artist who's done art for me before even took the time to put them all in the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Felinefurs/comments/l9bmqm

Kinare

RAWR

The person who responded before me gave a good detailed answer already, so I'm just gonna respond from a personal standpoint on it. x3

Black leopard and black panther mean the same thing. Because of this, you may have seen me refer to my sona's base as both. It is also common for the black jaguar to be referred to as a black panther, which is still technically correct, but not correct for my sona. Jaguars and leopards have different builds and I prefer the leopard build, so I'm trying to be better about saying "black leopard" instead of "black panther" since panther is far less specific and can be mistaken.

Lexiand

Werewolf With A Picsaw
Uhhh lets see.
Cute werewolves pics.

Nah can't find anything.