• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Post your WIP art commitment!

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
So I've started a particular piece about a dozen times now. But, I want to commit to it this time. I figure I should post the start of it here as a sort of public commitment to finish it this time! Comments welcome of course!

Might anyone else have a piece they want to commit to publicly?

Only the headshot for this lovely gal since... err, she's not... entirely PG. Just finished blocking out her body, but now I'm afraid to do hands/claws and move on to the details. Details always intimidate me... points to anyone that can guess the species XP

1652913869927.png

Weed_kangaroo

Weed n hoes dealer
Might anyone else have a piece they want to commit to publicly?
I have some. Pic relateds are the most recent. I love my art style but somedays I feel RLLY tired and lazy (I think that is due to my covid sequels/symptoms). If painting can sometimes be a pain, I do not want to imagine how painful must be 3D modeling ;_;

Attachments

• 203 sin título_20220518174612.png
    203 sin título_20220518174612.png
    456.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 196 sin título_20220516085514.png
    196 sin título_20220516085514.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 17

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
I have some. Pic relateds are the most recent. I love my art style but somedays I feel RLLY tired and lazy (I think that is due to my covid sequels/symptoms). If painting can sometimes be a pain, I do not want to imagine how painful must be 3D modeling ;_;

Ha lol, I like the style though. Water color+hyper curve lines really adds flavor to anthro type characters. I don't think I've quite found my style yet, but I also know the pain of lethargy >.<

Don't let the malaise defeat you!!

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I have this rain-soaked gal waiting for her turn since like forever. Mainly because I fail at architecture. Also the empty part of the scene was supposed not to be so empty, but at the time when I attempted this project I realized that I bit more than I can chew. Let's see how this will go 2 years later... If it's any indication, I recently pulled another project (a short animation) out of a similar hiatus and it's nearing completion.
041.jpg
If painting can sometimes be a pain, I do not want to imagine how painful must be 3D modeling ;_;
Dunno, for me it's somehow more natural than "2D" art.

Leggu

I have some WIPs I have been trying to work with, but I have 0 motivation to do so.
This one is something I'm still working on with the help of my boyfriend to do a gang of The Bad Guys inspired OCs, atm I only did Mr. Flops the caracal.
This picture which was supposed to be a painting of the artwork of Droeloe's Kintsugi song.
And lastly, this also was supposed to be a painting of a Droeloe song, more specifically Only Be Me.

Silverthunder

Dr. Inkwell
at the time when I attempted this project I realized that I bit more than I can chew. Let's see how this will go 2 years later...

I know the pain... Every time I think I know enough to complete an ambitious project another hurdle pops up that makes me feel like I just started learning it again >.<

But if that's your fail architecture, it's nothing of the sort! I'm not so great with hard surfaces myself... but I'm starting to think it's all about the extra bits and the bevel. And if feeling really ambitious, a bit of sculpting for some nice normal maps! Cramped hands for all...

I have some WIPs I have been trying to work with, but I have 0 motivation to do so.

Forcing one's self to do something you're passionate about just always seemed counter intuitive to me, but it's the only way I would have gotten to the point of feeling confident about some of my work.

Also- geometry like that hurts my brain! I can't even think about doing something like that in 2-D...

Leggu

I know the pain... Every time I think I know enough to complete an ambitious project another hurdle pops up that makes me feel like I just started learning it again >.<

But if that's your fail architecture, it's nothing of the sort! I'm not so great with hard surfaces myself... but I'm starting to think it's all about the extra bits and the bevel. And if feeling really ambitious, a bit of sculpting for some nice normal maps! Cramped hands for all...

Forcing one's self to do something you're passionate about just always seemed counter intuitive to me, but it's the only way I would have gotten to the point of feeling confident about some of my work.

Also- geometry like that hurts my brain! I can't even think about doing something like that in 2-D...
Doing 2-D art is my specialty, I like to put challenges on myself XD