• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Main Site Potential Site Issue?

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
This is a minor issue, but I want to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the site or anything. For some reason, the site banner does not show up anymore when I view individual submissions, even though it was still showing up like normal earlier today. I'm probably being hypervigilant, but as I said, I want to make sure that there's nothing going wrong with the website itself.

itself.
Screencap.png

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
I would agree with Tyra's assessment. You have an overly aggressive ad blocker. In the past, we've seen them block things like banners, art, legit content, the entire comments section, etc. Get a better ad blocker -- one that doesn't interfere with the site, or even consider supporting the site via FA+ (we get it, ads aren't the most fun thing in the world, ads are what allow us to keep the site running, invest, expand, buy new hardware, etc.).

Anyway, my recommendation is uBlock Origin if you're going to run an ad blocker. It's one of the best, and does not impact functionality on the site.

Lexiand

Werewolf
This is a minor issue, but I want to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the site or anything. For some reason, the site banner does not show up anymore when I view individual submissions, even though it was still showing up like normal earlier today. I'm probably being hypervigilant, but as I said, I want to make sure that there's nothing going wrong with the website itself.

itself.View attachment 132552
Adblock+ has become so trash nowadays.
I recommend ublock origin. Its free and its open-source.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
I would agree with Tyra's assessment. You have an overly aggressive ad blocker. In the past, we've seen them block things like banners, art, legit content, the entire comments section, etc. Get a better ad blocker -- one that doesn't interfere with the site, or even consider supporting the site via FA+ (we get it, ads aren't the most fun thing in the world, ads are what allow us to keep the site running, invest, expand, buy new hardware, etc.).

Anyway, my recommendation is uBlock Origin if you're going to run an ad blocker. It's one of the best, and does not impact functionality on the site.
So, I uninstalled my adblocker, and it didn't fix the bug...

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Site Director
Administrator
So, I uninstalled my adblocker, and it didn't fix the bug...
Hey, so I apologize - - I realize I misinterpreted your original post due to the volume of similar ones I get that ARE ad block relaed. Banners do not display on submissions to ensure that viewing optimization puts the content first.

That said, I still recommend ublock Origin if you need to use an ad blocker.

quoting_mungo

Hey, so I apologize - - I realize I misinterpreted your original post due to the volume of similar ones I get that ARE ad block relaed. Banners do not display on submissions to ensure that viewing optimization puts the content first.

That said, I still recommend ublock Origin if you need to use an ad blocker.
May I suggest adding a very minimal, smaller banner on submission pages? Either a height-limited crop of the standard banner or just a ribbon of color in a similar hue. Possibly even a bottom border in a similar color to the banner on the menu bar would be enough. I understand the thought behind not showing the banner on submission pages, but it undermines the visual cohesion of the site, making the eye go "huh, something's missing?" IDK, something to experiment with.