• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Practicing Backgrounds. Any Critiques? <3

Meowimator

I need opinions on these. They were my second attempt at painting and I would love some feedback. :D <3

bg_practice_by_meowimator-dbohr7u.png

S

Steelite

You can make the "outline" of the cloud a bit more blurry so that it gives a feeling of "blending" in, instead of looking like... um... pieces of cotton... yeah. Other than that, it looks good. Keep it up.
The tree already looks good, though I think the color being a bit darker would be better.
The grasses, though.
God dammit I LOVE the grasses ! Seriously ! It's so good ! I really wanna draw grasses that look so soft ! *hype intensifies*

Meowimator

You can make the "outline" of the cloud a bit more blurry so that it gives a feeling of "blending" in, instead of looking like... um... pieces of cotton... yeah. Other than that, it looks good. Keep it up.
The tree already looks good, though I think the color being a bit darker would be better.
The grasses, though.
God dammit I LOVE the grasses ! Seriously ! It's so good ! I really wanna draw grasses that look so soft ! *hype intensifies*
I see what you mean. Looks a bit too solid. I'll keep that in mind when I try different cloud types. Haha well then, my strength is grass! XD Glad they came out well. Though I guess I could calm down with the dew sparkles hehe.
Thanks for replying! I'll be sure to Practice more on clouds especially. Onward to leaves and plants! :)

S

Steelite

I think the sparkling grasses look perfectly fine the way they are.

Nyashia

Looks really good so far! You might want to give the tree a little more green on the bottom to blend it in to its surroundings. Every object emits a little light of its own colour. So the tree gets a little green from the grass and vice versa. ;)

D

Deleted member 111470

Dat grass
dat-ass-meme.jpg

Seriously tho, the grass is great. In fact all of it is good. Maybe try what Steelite suggested about the cloud.

Tenseki

mostly anime artist
the only critique i have is that your colours are very saturated. you should try using different hues for shadows or lighting. warm lighting with a hint of cool shadows, or vice-versa, always makes for a good combo and can make a huge but subtle difference. other than that, looks great!