• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Practicing Backgrounds. Any Critiques? <3

Meowimator

I need opinions on these. They were my second attempt at painting and I would love some feedback. :D <3

S

Steelite

You can make the "outline" of the cloud a bit more blurry so that it gives a feeling of "blending" in, instead of looking like... um... pieces of cotton... yeah. Other than that, it looks good. Keep it up.
The tree already looks good, though I think the color being a bit darker would be better.
The grasses, though.
God dammit I LOVE the grasses ! Seriously ! It's so good ! I really wanna draw grasses that look so soft ! *hype intensifies*

Meowimator

You can make the "outline" of the cloud a bit more blurry so that it gives a feeling of "blending" in, instead of looking like... um... pieces of cotton... yeah. Other than that, it looks good. Keep it up.
The tree already looks good, though I think the color being a bit darker would be better.
The grasses, though.
God dammit I LOVE the grasses ! Seriously ! It's so good ! I really wanna draw grasses that look so soft ! *hype intensifies*
I see what you mean. Looks a bit too solid. I'll keep that in mind when I try different cloud types. Haha well then, my strength is grass! XD Glad they came out well. Though I guess I could calm down with the dew sparkles hehe.
Thanks for replying! I'll be sure to Practice more on clouds especially. Onward to leaves and plants! :)

S

Steelite

I think the sparkling grasses look perfectly fine the way they are.

Nyashia

Looks really good so far! You might want to give the tree a little more green on the bottom to blend it in to its surroundings. Every object emits a little light of its own colour. So the tree gets a little green from the grass and vice versa. ;)

D

Deleted member 111470

Dat grass

Seriously tho, the grass is great. In fact all of it is good. Maybe try what Steelite suggested about the cloud.

Tenseki

mostly anime artist
the only critique i have is that your colours are very saturated. you should try using different hues for shadows or lighting. warm lighting with a hint of cool shadows, or vice-versa, always makes for a good combo and can make a huge but subtle difference. other than that, looks great!