• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Predators and prey

Guifrog

Blue Frog
Thankies Gui! :)
Hmm, not sure XD. The problem is that I know almost nothing about technology XD
Ahh I see! No touchey electronics if no savvy, right :x
In my town there's this place where we can pay techies that diagnose the problem and replace stuff as needed. Not the official brand tech support, rather a kinda store for computer-related services. Wish I knew how things work in Australia

Ravofox

Arrrrr!!
Maybe that is one way to approach and direct the problem to them without them getting mad at you. Some of the components more prone to failure are the storage units where all the data gets stored and the memory, so it could be that your computer isn't really dying and just needs replacements, once you find and install them everything gets solved!

Yea, that's totally right! And it does seem to be the storage where the problem is. Thankfully I've been backing stuff up in the meantime!
Thanks for the suggestion, buddy!! :D

Pygmepatl

Spotted Skunk
SIMO!!! :D
Sorry for the late reply, I was a bit occupied last night...so occupied I didn't have a bath, hehehe!!! :p
Don't worry Ravofox, Simo was actually the smelly one, so I bathed him last night. Here's a picture of him!

maxresdefault(1).jpg

metatherat

Really ratty rat
Yea, that's totally right! And it does seem to be the storage where the problem is. Thankfully I've been backing stuff up in the meantime!
Aha, so you got your stuff backed up okay? That's great! You should start with the most important stuff, in case your hard drive is failing. That way you have a better chance of getting stuff safely copied over before the drive becomes unreadable :3
Ahh I see! No touchey electronics if no savvy, right :x
In my town there's this place where we can pay techies that diagnose the problem and replace stuff as needed. Not the official brand tech support, rather a kinda store for computer-related services. Wish I knew how things work in Australia
Those are useful, but only if you really can't or don't want to handle the backups yourself. Also, they do not know what files are the most important to you, so if a drive is failing, they will likely try to just copy everything over in bulk, which may work well - or may leave you with a bunch of files you did not need while important ones are unrecoverable :I
Don't worry Ravofox, Simo was actually the smelly one, so I bathed him last night. Here's a picture of him!

View attachment 98882
Awww :3
That's a clean clean @Simo :3

Arishipshape

Glaceon Ex-Knight
Wow, I got addressed a lot today. Sorry guys, but I just enrolled in dual credit and I had to spend like, all day making sure everything was in order. And I’m about to go to bed early for my Candidate Fitness Assessment tomorrow, so I’ll just quickly address some of the multitude of pings I received.
*Super Aunt arrives*

*Makes it all better with a hug, far too much candy and a PS5 with very loud games that you can play to annoy your Dad *
*uses parental controls to force volume down to 30%*
I kinda find it even cuter when they say "Grrr I'M NOT CUTE!", y'know like, my husband @Arishipshape in his former eevee form <3
HE"S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!! :3

1610585304865.gif

Ravofox

Arrrrr!!
Wow, I got addressed a lot today. Sorry guys, but I just enrolled in dual credit and I had to spend like, all day making sure everything was in order. And I’m about to go to bed early for my Candidate Fitness Assessment tomorrow, so I’ll just quickly address some of the multitude of pings I received.

View attachment 98883

G'day!!! :D

metatherat

Really ratty rat
*Notices Dad is on.*

*Sits and waits patiently to show him something cool I learned.*
hey its me ur father
*tries to figure out a way to use your dual credit to buy copious amounts of yogurt* :3

Guifrog

Blue Frog
Those are useful, but only if you really can't or don't want to handle the backups yourself. Also, they do not know what files are the most important to you, so if a drive is failing, they will likely try to just copy everything over in bulk, which may work well - or may leave you with a bunch of files you did not need while important ones are unrecoverable :|
Indeed!
Personally, I like to keep an external drive for backups and let them handle work when the issue goes beyond my reach. Sometimes we may be caught off-guard, though, as it happened to me once. So we'd make do with a full backup

That is... if the storage unit doesn't die completely D:

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin

View attachment 98883

Good luck with your multi credit

metatherat

Really ratty rat
Indeed!
Personally, I like to keep an external drive for backups and let them handle work when the issue goes beyond my reach. Sometimes we may be caught off-guard, though, as it happened to me once. So we'd make do with a full backup

That is... if the storage unit doesn't die completely D:
*nodnod*
Yeah, same here. Over here the services do not really have any special equipment or anything, so they won't really be able to restore things any better than I myself can. Of course, there are the real pro restoration firms with cleanrooms and everything, but those are a taaad too expensive just to restore old HTML files and furry art :D
I have all the stuff I want to keep archived on external drives and bluray disks and such anyway :3
Good luck with your multi credit
leeloo meta multicredit

Guifrog

Blue Frog

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin