• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Predators and Prey

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
(Do what? Whatever it is it needs to be really difficult.)
(“Start the quest” , basicly make the group aware of the mold vs moss thing in the toxins)

ben909

vaporeon with Axolotl gill array as neck fin
(Sure! And that is why i'm addicted to weed. i need it)
(Ok)

espeon comes back to the group holding some paper, this is a rare behavior (not sure about my rl time here as well)

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
I told you because you claimed I wasn’t. There’s an obvious need there!
"Then obviously your humility isn't obvious, might have something to do with you charging round challenging all and sundry to duels for looking at you sideways or making puns in your general area."
*raises shield for an “I surrender suckers” gambit*

You literally just TFed me!
"You were rude."
Yeah, but my “remorse-o-meter” is still reading 0, so I’m not exactly concerned about accidentally preventing you from returning to the side of good.
"See, 'One rule for others, another for me' not very humble.
*writes down “Second quest: disguise self as human, enter vault, find out about Sir Bralor”*
"Why bother, I can simply tell you what happened, based on our interactions so far I don't expect you to believe me but I actually have no reason to lie.
Thank you for the likely false info. Now my patience is wearing thin; even the most disciplined of Knights can stand so much antagonism before unleashing righteous fury, so I’d recommend you leave me be.
"There you go again, judging me, if anyone has an excuse to be losing patience it's me. If I'm right, that was your last bottle of milk so there is very little stopping me turning you into a wart on a troll's backside for the next thirty years.
She blows air out of her lips in annoyance.
Now I am actually trying to help you!
Do you know why?
Because I have seen enough children from broken homes fall to darkness, true darkness, that I don't want to see anymore!
She actually walks around in front of you and blocks your path.
You caused this situation with your son with your hot temper and your narrow view of honour. I want to help so either accept my help or...
...Draw that sword and strike me down.

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
"Then obviously your humility isn't obvious, might have something to do with you charging round challenging all and sundry to duels for looking at you sideways or making puns in your general area."
Ooooor you’re a lying scoundrel who isn’t to be believed. Nobody else has questioned my humility. And the puns are just cruel, given the context!
"You were rude."
Ooh, how rude of me, expecting you to attack me when you’ve already done so. I’ve affronted your well-regarded honor! How dare I!
"See, 'One rule for others, another for me' not very humble.
Hypocrisy and pride are two entirely unrelated sins (neither of which I’ve committed). I’m entirely open to the possibility of you ceasing your wily ways and making a 180, but I doubt you are. Feel free to prove me wrong.
"Why bother, I can simply tell you what happened, based on our interactions so far I don't expect you to believe me but I actually have no reason to lie.
If you didn’t just TF me I might have believed you didn’t desire my pointless suffering.
"There you go again, judging me, if anyone has an excuse to be losing patience it's me. If I'm right, that was your last bottle of milk so there is very little stopping me turning you into a wart on a troll's backside for the next thirty years.
*holy cross glows brighter*
You caught me unprepared. A mistake I don’t intend to repeat.
She blows air out of her lips in annoyance.
Now I am actually trying to help you!
Do you know why?
Because I have seen enough children from broken homes fall to darkness, true darkness, that I don't want to see anymore!
She actually walks around in front of you and blocks your path.
You caused this situation with your son with your hot temper and your narrow view of honour. I want to help so either accept my help or...
...Draw that sword and strike me down.
I caused this situation, but honor and my temper had nothing to do with it. I didn’t recognize that Ssaannttoo needed me and I tried to, well, not get shackled with a surrogate child as I didn’t see that I’d asked for it or deserved it. I regret that now.
I don’t think I believe you and entirely expect a backstab. But until you inevitably betray me for some minor selfish gain, I will accept your aid.

*stands back 10 feet with shield up*

Lead on.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Ooooor you’re a lying scoundrel who isn’t to be believed. Nobody else has questioned my humility. And the puns are just cruel, given the context!
She starts off down the path, hands folded behind her back.
"Nobody else questions it because you are usually charging at them waving a big sword about. And as for the puns...well you really need to keep your COOL!"
*Smirk Smirk*

Ooh, how rude of me, expecting you to attack me when you’ve already done so. I’ve affronted your well-regarded honor! How dare I!
I made a well meaning inquiry about your health, and an in my mind understandable comment on your appearance, I imagine you would comment if I suddenly showed up with two heads or somesuch. A polite reply would have done but no, you responded with accusations and sarcasm, so yes I turned you into a clock.
Or are you referring to the itching powder the other day?
Hypocrisy and pride are two entirely unrelated sins (neither of which I’ve committed). I’m entirely open to the possibility of you ceasing your wily ways and making a 180, but I doubt you are. Feel free to prove me wrong.
You're still breathing aren't you?
If you didn’t just TF me I might have believed you didn’t desire my pointless suffering.
Again, I point out good manners even to an enemy cost nothing. And you were quite a handsome piece of furniture, rather than a wart or a toadstool in a swamp somewhere
*holy cross glows brighter*
You caught me unprepared. A mistake I don’t intend to repeat.
You do realise those don't actually work on me. My alignment is Chaotic Good.
I caused this situation, but honor and my temper had nothing to do with it. I didn’t recognize that Ssaannttoo needed me and I tried to, well, not get shackled with a surrogate child as I didn’t see that I’d asked for it or deserved it. I regret that now.
I don’t think I believe you and entirely expect a backstab. But until you inevitably betray me for some minor selfish gain, I will accept your aid.

*stands back 10 feet with shield up*

Lead on.
You literally uses @ssaannttoo as an organic cannonball, in a duel cause by a mild insult, a bit of hocus Pocus and a bit of de-robeing. And it was a duel you came to with more magic than most Archmages I have met...
You are hot tempered with an easily bruised sense of honour, just like Sir Bralor.
Now, if it will make you feel better I apologise for whatever it was I did to wrong you and I promise to do whatever I can to help you and your son.
She holds out her hand in a peace offering.

Bring a ray of light to your dark kingdom

2B59425F-2A3C-4608-AE31-37852AC45BFC.jpeg

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
She starts off down the path, hands folded behind her back.
"Nobody else questions it because you are usually charging at them waving a big sword about. And as for the puns...well you really need to keep your COOL!"
*Smirk Smirk*
Look, puns based on species hit a little too close to home, okay? I’m sorry, I get it’s a flaw, I’m working on it. The least y’all could do would be to try to avoid pushing my buttons every day!
I made a well meaning inquiry about your health, and an in my mind understandable comment on your appearance, I imagine you would comment if I suddenly showed up with two heads or somesuch. A polite reply would have done but no, you responded with accusations and sarcasm, so yes I turned you into a clock.
Or are you referring to the itching powder the other day?
BS. If you were interested in my health, you wouldn’t have blasted or threatened me. And your comment was obviously intended to be derogatory!
And yes, the itching powder assaults leave me paranoid. Understandable, no?
You're still breathing aren't you?
I put some stock into my abilities to keep myself alive, yes. No thanks to you.
Again, I point out good manners even to an enemy cost nothing. And you were quite a handsome piece of furniture, rather than a wart or a toadstool in a swamp somewhere
You only prove that your goals are beyond my understanding.
You do realise those don't actually work on me. My alignment is Chaotic Good.
It might not damage you, but it also has lots of all purpose magic nullification.
Also I’m still inclined to believe you’re Chaotic Evil.
You literally uses @ssaannttoo as an organic cannonball, in a duel cause by a mild insult, a bit of hocus Pocus and a bit of de-robeing.
Nobody has perfect judgement in the heat of battle! I repented and made it right! Or, I would’ve if he accepted the potion, but I cannot bend other’s wills to my own.
“Mild”? A “bit”? How can you describe insults to my honor and forced disrobing in such a diminutive manner? Maybe honor means nothing to you, and being nude means nothing to those on this island, but they matter to me!
And it was a duel you came to with more magic than most Archmages I have met...
I’ll admit that was a mistake on my part. I’m nearly broke now, hehehe... I won’t be pulling another stunt like that for a long while. Back to good old physical damage. Yup.
You are hot tempered with an easily bruised sense of honour, just like Sir Bralor.
Of course my honor is easily bruised, if I let people slander it it wouldn’t count for much! I must keep it completely and utterly untarnished and unquestionable for it to mean anything!
Now, if it will make you feel better I apologise for whatever it was I did to wrong you and I promise to do whatever I can to help you and your son.
She holds out her hand in a peace offering.
Yeah, if you think I’m shaking your hand, you’re mad. You can prove your penitence by your actions. Don’t backstab me and help me help Ssaannttoo, and I’ll forgive your past grievances.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Look, puns based on species hit a little too close to home, okay? I’m sorry, I get it’s a flaw, I’m working on it. The least y’all could do would be to try to avoid pushing my buttons every day!
"Oh heavens! 'Puns based on species hit a little too close to home!'" She mimics "Try being in a profession where you can be pulled out of your home by a gang of ill educated peasants and burnt at the stake."
("Of course it doesn't work if they capture an actual witch, most just cast some form of fire resistance on themselves, but a few resort to more dark magic and the local toad population suddenly goes up.")
BS. If you were interested in my health, you wouldn’t have blasted or threatened me. And your comment was obviously intended to be derogatory!
And yes, the itching powder assaults leave me paranoid. Understandable, no?
Itching powder yes!
I asked how your leg was because as I remember a dragon you had so foolishly helped had tried to bite it off and it was hanging by a thread last time I saw you!
And I didn't 'blast you', I turned you into a rather nice mahogany clock.
I put some stock into my abilities to keep myself alive, yes. No thanks to you.
She idly wonders how long you would last as a housefly, then dismisses the impulse as very petty.
You only prove that your goals are beyond my understanding.
"Good! That keeps things interesting."
It might not damage you, but it also has lots of all purpose magic nullification.
Also I’m still inclined to believe you’re Chaotic Evil.
"Whatever you say....Cogsworth."
Nobody has perfect judgement in the heat of battle! I repented and made it right! Or, I would’ve if he accepted the potion, but I cannot bend other’s wills to my own.
"Well I will give you that..."
“Mild”? A “bit”? How can you describe insults to my honor and forced disrobing in such a diminutive manner? Maybe honor means nothing to you, and being nude means nothing to those on this island, but they matter to me!
"Because in the grand scheme of things they are minor."
I’ll admit that was a mistake on my part. I’m nearly broke now, hehehe... I won’t be pulling another stunt like that for a long while. Back to good old physical damage. Yup.
"I don't think you could miss the point more if you tried."
Of course my honor is easily bruised, if I let people slander it it wouldn’t count for much! I must keep it completely and utterly untarnished and unquestionable for it to mean anything!
"And all that does is turns your honour into a weapon to be used against you by your enemies. That was Sir Bralor's mistake and weakness which led to his downfall."
Yeah, if you think I’m shaking your hand, you’re mad. You can prove your penitence by your actions. Don’t backstab me and help me help Ssaannttoo, and I’ll forgive your past grievances.
She looks genuinely hurt at this snub, for a moment she keeps her hand extended then withdraws it and shrugs.
"Fine, well you just avoid flying off the handle with the next peasant who calls you a 'Tin plated prat'. What exactly were you looking for when you interrupted my nap anyway?"

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
"Oh heavens! 'Puns based on species hit a little too close to home!'" She mimics "Try being in a profession where you can be pulled out of your home by a gang of ill educated peasants and burnt at the stake."
("Of course it doesn't work if they capture an actual witch, most just cast some form of fire resistance on themselves, but a few resort to more dark magic and the local toad population suddenly goes up.")
You could... just... not be a witch?
Itching powder yes!
I asked how your leg was because as I remember a dragon you had so foolishly helped had tried to bite it off and it was hanging by a thread last time I saw you!
And I didn't 'blast you', I turned you into a rather nice mahogany clock.
Again, as if you cared.
The niceness of the clock is entirely irrelevant!!
"Good! That keeps things interesting."
bruh
"Whatever you say....Cogsworth."
*raises eyebrow*
Is that some sort of pun? I’m not getting it. Like, maybe if my name was Edgeworth it would’ve made sense, but like, what?
"Because in the grand scheme of things they are minor."
In the grand scheme of things, one Knight’s life is pretty minor. Doesn’t mean I don’t care!
"I don't think you could miss the point more if you tried."
*clears throat*
Bicycle pixie wrenches.
"And all that does is turns your honour into a weapon to be used against you by your enemies. That was Sir Bralor's mistake and weakness which led to his downfall."
*pauses, thinks*

But I cannot set aside morality for pragmatism. The ends don’t justify the means. Sure, the way of evil may lead to greater personal gain or power. But is it worth it?
She looks genuinely hurt at this snub, for a moment she keeps her hand extended then withdraws it and shrugs.
"Fine, well you just avoid flying off the handle with the next peasant who calls you a 'Tin plated prat'. What exactly were you looking for when you interrupted my nap anyway?"
I sought some sort of plot hook to point me in the correct direction. I seem to have succeeded.

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
You could... just... not be a witch?
"Well you could not be a knight...."
"It's something I happen to be very good at, why deny your natural talents?"
*raises eyebrow*
Is that some sort of pun? I’m not getting it. Like, maybe if my name was Edgeworth it would’ve made sense, but like, what?
*Produces a pair of dark glasses from somewhere and puts them on.*
"Eh, you wouldn't get it, you're too mainstream."
*clears throat*
Bicycle pixie wrenches.
"On second thoughts if that was what you were going to spend your money on....sure spend it all on magic stuff!"
*pauses, thinks*

But I cannot set aside morality for pragmatism. The ends don’t justify the means. Sure, the way of evil may lead to greater personal gain or power. But is it worth it?
"Again, you are missing my point, clearly your sense of honour is important to you. In some ways I actually respect that but constantly challenging anyone to a duel for any smudge or slight will lead to your downfall. It makes you predicable and therefore vulnerable, you need to turn the other cheek and accept that not every insult is worth a duel and not ever fight needs to be fought."
I sought some sort of plot hook to point me in the correct direction. I seem to have succeeded.
She feels slightly used, but heads off in the general direction of the 'Magic Market' there should be something there that will help.

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
"Well you could not be a knight...."
"It's something I happen to be very good at, why deny your natural talents?"
No I mean the reason the puns hit close to home isn't my fau—oh never mind
*Produces a pair of dark glasses from somewhere and puts them on.*
"Eh, you wouldn't get it, you're too mainstream."
I was under the impression I was exceedingly against the mainstream. Eh. *shrugs*
"On second thoughts if that was what you were going to spend your money on....sure spend it all on magic stuff!"
No, I’m intentionally missing the point more. You said I couldn’t.
"Again, you are missing my point, clearly your sense of honour is important to you. In some ways I actually respect that but constantly challenging anyone to a duel for any smudge or slight will lead to your downfall. It makes you predicable and therefore vulnerable, you need to turn the other cheek and accept that not every insult is worth a duel and not ever fight needs to be fought."
*ponders*
*ponders more*
I cannot deny the merit of your words but their source gives me pause. Then again, ad hominem is a fallacy. Then again, I’m not committing “to the man”, more “to the fox witch”, hehehe!
I’ll think about that...
She feels slightly used, but heads off in the general direction of the 'Magic Market' there should be something there that will help.
*follows, explaining to any curious passerby that I’m not associating with any of the wares peddled in this area and am strictly here on quest business*