• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Predators and Prey

Arishipshape

TFed Ex-Knight
"Fret not Ari. I'm sure we'll be able to trump these dangers in this quest to seek council. If we do.....we must find a way to establish your innocent in the kindest light.
*shakes head*
I will not lie, however ill it bodes for me.
(Separate is inherently unequal!!!!!)
(Twas merely a joke, fear not)

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
*you can hear me yell out*

OW!! right in the nose!!

*i climb up to the ship one hand rubbing my nose*
Arr! To me, me fine crew!

*Fine crew, collectively tremble with fear at the sign of actual combat and hide in the hold.*

*Stalks over*

Arr! Ye be men or mice?

*A loud 'squeak' is heard from the hold.*

Fine!

*Turns to @lenago and grabs the nearest weapon, it's a pool noodle from near the hot tub.*

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
*shakes head sadly*
I thank ye for your vote of confidence. Your belief in my unimpeachable character, while ill-founded, should prove an asset when I plead my case.
Well.....by just a little. Sure. I may not know you to the fullest, but I have my hopes that an ex-knight of your magnitude was worthy of my belief. Unshakable at best, sturdy as a mountain fortress, I have my faith in you. It shan't waver in the slightest!

ben909

vaporeon... *spills* ... wait espeon now
Still waiting for ari to kill or duel one of us, or spread his covid as he is still not wearing a mask

ben909

lenago

Top hatted fox
Arr! To me, me fine crew!

*Fine crew, collectively tremble with fear at the sign of actual combat and hide in the hold.*

*Stalks over*

Arr! Ye be men or mice?

*A loud 'squeak' is heard from the hold.*

Fine!

*Turns to @lenago and grabs the nearest weapon, it's a pool noodle from near the hot tub.*
Ohh this what you want di huh!? Fine

*grabs the big fish that is bitting my tail and uses it for a weapon*
Have at you!

ben909

Thanks, friend.
<readies potions.>
I might not be able to fight a god, but their army is just undead, and I know what to do there.

i think these are fox gods anyway so they are probably not out to get you like ‘human’ gods

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Ohh this what you want di huh!? Fine

*grabs the big fish that is bitting my tail and uses it for a weapon*
Have at you!
Arr! I see you are versed in the Py-thon discipline.
*Tosses the noodle aside and grabs a passing haddock.*

hardman13

Bouncy faithful powerful fox.
Arr! I see you are versed in the Py-thon discipline.
*Tosses the noodle aside and grabs a passing haddock.*
Monty Python are my favourite comedy sketch group ever.

ben909

*questions how we are dealing with gods when godmode was banned*

*ends up just waiting still without letting guard down*

TR273

Pirate Fox Mom
Ohh i also have other discipline metods

*throws the fish away and pulls your ear*

Thats a bad pirate!
Well that hardly honourable....

*Remembers is dishonourable hedonistic pirate.*

*Grabs the end of your nose and pulls*

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
Far at sea, an island with two mountains is beset by constant storms. It is devoid of people, until lightning strikes. As the light dies down, the Knight’s silhouette is revealed on the peak of the leftmost mountain.

He replaces his amulet and examines a book. Nodding grimly, he stows both and begins descending the steep face, tattered cape whipping in the wind. Upon receiving the affirmative mental signal, @Zenith the Mew teleports adjacent.

Betwixt the mountains is a temple, or so his book claimed. It was mostly accurate, though “tower” would’ve been more applicable. However, as the Knight reached the tower’s entrance gate, he noticed a sign: “Where men commune with the gods”.
Zenith tugged his cape, pointed behind the tower and behold; a second, identical tower stood, initially obscured from view. Upon approach, they saw a similar inscription: “Where furries commune with the gods”. Some brief confusion, a shrug, and the duo entered the second tower. The gates shut behind them of their own accord.

All manner of minor mooks awaited the pair: sentient flames bent on their destruction, possessed suits of armor putting their swordsmanships to the test, and assorted undead creatures that politely attacked them one at a time. After the combat-fest of the first floor came the dreaded puzzle section, where the Knight had to cleverly go left instead of right to acquire a grappling hook to traverse bottomless pits. After some arbitrarily difficult pressure plate puzzles necessitating that the pair split up, the Knight and the Mew came to an empty hallway (save for replacement holy water, a max ether, and 2 health potions lying on the ground). This meant trouble.

The Knight opened the door, which dramatically shut behind him, cutting him off from the Mew. He found himself in a slightly flooded room, with an inch of water reflecting his cursed visage. He slowly traversed it, finding a locked door on the other side.

A sinister chuckle brought his attention back to the center of the room, where stood a dark apparition.

“Oh God, not another dungeon trope,” lamented the Knight.

“Fear not, you’ll face no more after I’ve executed justice,” it replied, solidifying into a form resembling the Knight. “You’ve slain the innocent. Honor dictates you die.”

@ssaannttoo? Innocent? That’s a laugh—“

What crime had he committed?” By now, the apparition was clearly a dark, ghastly version of the Knight, with red eyes that pierced through his curse (though he wished they didn’t).

W-well, he abused false surrender, he, tried to kill me—“

In a fair duel, that you agreed to. And come on. You were just looking for an excuse to beat the tar out of him. Nobody thinks Ssaannttoo surrendered, not even you.”

“If—if it was such a fair duel, what’s wrong with me killing him?!”

The specter laughed.

“Why were you engaged in a duel to the death with a stupid teenager? Your offspring, no less? Who does that? You had all the power, and thus, all the responsibility.”

“I can’t refuse a duel! He made me!”

“He... made you. Listen to yourself. You could easily have refused, yet you took the chance to attack him. He was young, not in his right mind. Squires have no business in duels to the death, and you know it. You deceive only yourself.”

“I—I didn’t mean to kill him! I was making sure he couldn’t—wouldn’t get back up and sucker punch me—“

“Liar. You knew he was done.”

“H-how do you know?”

“Who do you think I am? I am you. “Justice incarnate”, right? Hehehehe... And now, as the noble Knight I am, I shall slay the guilty in only the most honorable fashion.”

Suddenly, the Knight’s armor was like smoke, like the apparition’s. And its smoke solidified into blackness.

I’m armored, you’re not, an entirely fair and honorable duel in which to kill someone, wouldn’t you agree?”

The Knight had no words. With an icy laugh, the apparition leapt.

The Knight rolled beneath his foe, and with some quick thinking, froze the water at the apparition’s feet when it landed. It easily smashed the ice, but the Knight had enough time to grab his holy cross and set up area control.
After some fierce fighting (and not a few wounds sustained by the Knight), the apparition switched tactics. It threw its own holy water (red, like its eyes) and grappled the Knight until he was in the flames. This was a holy fire, unobstructed by mere water, and its heat reflected its power. The Knight writhed, but the apparition smiled. Now, he truly knew what he’d wrought.
The Knight shot the grappling hook to pull the apparition into the flames with him, but it was literally like grasping at smoke. It was gone.
He escaped the flames and held his sword at the ready, but his foe was nowhere to be found.
The doors opened, Zenith rushed in and offered aid, but Ari refused. He’d deserved what he got, and more still. Justice would demand that he die. How could he possibly slay another in justice’s name?
Together (the Knight limping slightly), they ventured past the bloodstained water into the atrium.

A receptionist welcomed them, gave the Knight a number and asked him to fill out some paperwork forgoing the right to sue should any accidents occur whilst conversing with the gods. Already burned and beaten, he wasn’t sure how much worse any accidents would leave him.

He entered the cathedral-like hall beyond the waiting room.

“I seek an audience with Selenlis!”

"She is currently busy" the oddly familiar receptionist says... "however, her daughter, Metavasi, is free. What is the reason for your visit?"