• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Predators and Prey

Fcomega121

Friendly Maned fox+Phoenix

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago
A prophecy?
I didn't knew this friend :0
That's weird and unusual!

I hope it rains soon, that sandstorms and fires are terrifying truly.
The phrase is one among many others attributed to Antônio Conselheiro, founder, political and religious leader of a community in the isolated lands of Canudos, located in the state currently known as Bahia. This took place by the end of the 19th century, and they say it was the product of the government negligence towards rural areas in the Northeastern region, where poverty was rampant; so a group of people peregrinated with Conselheiro, until they'd settle into a community that managed to gather up to 30,000 people.

Along with the growth, the town would become more and more influential, to the point the local clergy and powerful landowners feared its increased autonomy. It even attracted the attention of Brazilian government at the time, and the newspapers would label them as "monarquist religious fanatics". In the end, it was completely obliterated by the army of President Prudente de Morais, and Conselheiro died (...of dysentery, according to sources).

It was no more than a village like many others. But among other things, Conselheiro's preaching against taxes turned him into an enemy of the state, and the whole thing was given messianic contours. Euclides da Cunha, a journalist from that time, narrates the story in Os Sertões (translated in English as Rebellion in the Backlands), historically known as the War of Canudos.

But what Conselheiro meant with that statement is vague and remains a mystery. Could even be something completely irrelevant to our current times
(also hopes the rain helps)
*Hugs you tightly* I hope everything to solve soon
STAY SAFE GUI! Or I will come over there personally and drown you in sand >:I
Thanksy lol!

Fcomega121

The phrase is one among many others attributed to Antônio Conselheiro, founder, political and religious leader of a community in the isolated lands of Canudos, located in the state currently known as Bahia. This took place by the end of the 19th century, and they say it was the product of the government negligence towards rural areas in the Northeastern region, where poverty was rampant; so a group of people peregrinated with Conselheiro, until they'd settle into a community that managed to gather up to 30,000 people.

Along with the growth, the town would become more and more influential, to the point the local clergy and powerful landowners feared its increased autonomy. It even attracted the attention of Brazilian government at the time, and the newspapers would label them as "monarquist religious fanatics". In the end, it was completely obliterated by the army of President Prudente de Morais, and Conselheiro died (...of dysentery, according to sources).

It was no more than a village like many others. But among other things, Conselheiro's preaching against taxes turned him into an enemy of the state, and the whole thing was given messianic contours. Euclides da Cunha, a journalist from that time, narrates the story in Os Sertões (translated in English as Rebellion in the Backlands), historically known as the War of Canudos.

But what Conselheiro meant with that statement is vague and remains a mystery. Could even be something completely irrelevant to our current times
Wooaah!! Thank you for the fact of the day gui!

That's truly interesting! Thank you for sharing that story

In fact it sounds kinda familiar to me as if I've heard it before, and I don't know why :0

Thanksy lol!
Anytime! Keep safe and call the waterbenders and earthbenders if you need anytime!

Fcomega121

Ooh and @Guifrog! I was planning on starting a paleotober drawing challenge as the paleo drawtober hasn't returned :3

But with more than just dinos!

What do you think of my idea? :3

ben909

vaporeon
Ooh and @Guifrog! I was planning on starting a paleotober drawing challenge as the paleo drawtober hasn't returned :3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

but Halloween themes(don't let this actually change plans)

metatherat

Really ratty rat
Hay, everyfur!
*waves rat-hand*
evening shift...

looks at clock and sees 6 am... why must the earth be round
Because a cube would be an eye injury hazard?

I fur one love it, as it will result in more furry arts being created *rat fingerguns*

Maybe it can be a GHOST paleotober drawing challenge :O

Fcomega121

Maybe it can be a GHOST paleotober drawing challenge :O
(Don't worry xD)
Hahaha yeeeah!! It can be ghosty!!

After all, there's a dinosaur called
Spectrovenator
(Spectral hunter)

And ain't Bones and dead things a halloweeny topic? ;3

I fur one love it, as it will result in more furry arts being created *rat fingerguns
Yeeee!!!
Thankies meta uwu

I can include rodents too :3

Guifrog

Blue Frog | Avatar by Lenago

Well why not! The thing about inktobers for me is that they can be really tricky when you're halfway through the month as you may find yourself out of ideas. But it's also a good exercise to improve on your skills, I'd say give it a try!

Fcomega121

Well why not! The thing about inktobers for me is that they can be really tricky when you're halfway through the month as you may find yourself out of ideas.
Hehe yeah this is true! I find myself out of ideas after a while too

Ans last time an antifurry discouraged me on 2020, but this time I'll not fall for them! :3

But it's also a good exercise to improve on your skills, I'd say give it a try!
Hehe indeed and thank you gui!!

When the storm stops I'll use my pc to make a chart in conditions to share

I want to try it :3
Maybe I'll publish them week to week to make it easier tho ^^',

Fcomega121

:O
all of the spectres and bones :O

eeee <3
all of the spectral bone rodents :3
Giant Spectral rodents!!! :3

images